F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout (It's over. Thanks Everyone :D)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 288 comments
Decided to go with American Muscle, doubt it will be running for top lap times but the sound of that engine!:bowdown::gtpflag:
Realized my initial test bed car had the chassis ridgity on it so got a new one and the understeer is all but gone now.
Got my Bobs smoking the field at the Laguna Seca 200 currently to get It fully broken In.:cheers:

I tried to tune the Dodge. Although I love the car, and the sound, I felt I needed to go Euro :lol:

Krenkme, just to check, you are sharing my tune right? :lol:

Yes 👍

@krenkme like I said it will probably be well off the pace...but that sound is "Plum Crazy"!:cheers::crazy:

I thought i was doing alright until i woke up this morning and saw people are getting 1:24's and 1:25's, this made me sad.

I have scraped the Alfa for this shootout, but I love that car (a little to far off the pace). The Ferrari will kill you if you don't treat it right. The Dodge is fun but a tank...
So am I the only one running the Alfa now? :lol:
I thought i was doing alright until i woke up this morning and saw people are getting 1:24's and 1:25's, this made me sad.

I do 1:36's. ;)

Don't feel bad my best so far with my Challenger is only a 1:31.075.:drool: I'm sure with a bit more fine tuning and some luck I can get "Plum Crazy" into the 1:30s but seriously doubt I can get a sub 1:30 lap with my driving and this car.:(
At least it sounds great!:crazy:👍👍

Uuuuggghhh!!! I am so pissed! Bought a new car, broke it in with Indy 500, saved game... but when I came back today, there is nothing in the race log showing the event and the car is back to zero miles? I was counting on tonight to tune a car, not break one in.

VTiRoj
So am I the only one running the Alfa now? :lol:

I do 1:36's. ;)

Sorry. I do really like that car, but the Ferrari was making fun of my hair so I had to teach it a leason:mad::grumpy:...:dopey:

Edit- Lesson being, never let an idiot near a Ferrari... I'm sorry testers :(

I hate this feeling of being so slow again, I only just managed to crack the 29s in my Ferrari. :lol: It's like we're back to the very first shootout with me being at the very back of the pack. :lol:

I might…just might have to pull out if nothing goes my way though.

I hate this feeling of being so slow again, I only just managed to crack the 29s in my Ferrari. :lol: It's like we're back to the very first shootout with me being at the very back of the pack. :lol:

Your still doing better than me...mid 1:30s here with "Plum Crazy" and don't think I can get much if anything more out of it. Picked up the last .4 of a second with an adjustment to the transmission that helped reduce the wheelspin in second gear.:crazy:
The LSD is frustrating me as I'm getting inside wheelspin on some corners and outside on others...:drool:

Will probably give it a rest for the night then make one more stab at improving the tune before tomorrow's deadline.

Oh and did I mention the sound?:lol::crazy::lol:

Don't feel bad, I'm about the same 1:29.xxx ...

Your still doing better than me...mid 1:30s here with "Plum Crazy" and don't think I can get much if anything more out of it. Picked up the last .4 of a second with an adjustment to the transmission that helped reduce the wheelspin in second gear.:crazy:
The LSD is frustrating me as I'm getting inside wheelspin on some corners and outside on others...:drool:

Will probably give it a rest for the night then make one more stab at improving the tune before tomorrow's deadline.

Oh and did I mention the sound?:lol::crazy::lol:

I am almost finished with tuning my Dodge and sitting right around 1:30's. At least that great sound is also helpful in drowning out the tire spin that occurs almost every corner when driving quickly.:dunce: My best lap had 8 out of 10 sectors with one of the rear tires in the red while cornering and still holding a decent line.:crazy:

Sorry. I do really like that car, but the Ferrari was making fun of my hair so I had to teach it a leason:mad::grumpy:...:dopey:

Edit- Lesson being, never let an idiot near a Ferrari... I'm sorry testers :(
At least I don't have any competition for the slowest car award now. :D

VTiRoj
At least I don't have any competition for the slowest car award now. :D

Don't be so sure of that. NEWDRIVER said he was entering the Honda :dopey:

TO ALL TUNERS
Last day to enter a tune. I will get them all linked when I'm done with work.
-have a great day :dopey:

TO ALL TUNERS
Last day to enter a tune. I will get them all linked when I'm done with work.
-have a great day :dopey:

Here I am sittin' back, relaxin' all cool...

Okay, Z/28 let's go. :lol:

Edit: Never mind, I am bad tuna. I'll keep trying but... Ugh.

Last edited:
7-Litre BBQ 615PP
based on the Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
challengerrm4.jpg

challengerrm5.jpg

After lightly tuning the base model Challenger R/T, I decided I would have a go at tuning the bad-boy RM version. The additional power and loss of over 400kg doesn't help with traction out back. A bit of ballast out back did wonders for rear traction and also helped to reduce understeer. The chassis has been setup to be more aggressive while attempting to control the ever present wheel spin. My best quick lap had a few one-wheel smokey burnouts around Nurburgring GP/D. At least the exciting sounds coming from the exhaust can mostly drown out the awful tire noise!:dopey:

found in the new car dealership

GT Auto
Racing Modification
Paint: Cherry Black Pearl Effect
Wheels: PDI P525N
Wheel Paint: Gold Metallic

Tuning Shop
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

Power: 670 hp
Torque: 665 ft-lbs
Weight: 1300 kg
Weight Balance: 48:52
PP: 615pp

Power Limiter: 100.0%
Ballast: 40kg/+50
Aero: 20/45

Transmission
select default
Final Gear: Stock
Set Final Gear: 5.000
Top Speed: 130
1st: 2.188
2nd: 1.507
3rd: 1.176
4th: 0.951
5th: 0.787
Final Gear: 3.346 (only adjust the final gear to taste)
Top Speed will be:182mph

Drivetrain
LSD Rear: 5/15/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 15.5/12.4
Extension: 8/10
Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll: 5/6
Camber: 2.3/2.5
Toe: 0.02/0.06

Brake Balance: 6/7

Tires: Racing Hard

Built for the Clueless Classic Shootout
challengerrm3.jpg

2D

Power: 439HP
Weight: 838 KG
PP: 615
Aero: 50/70
Ballast: 67KG @ +18
Power Level: 100%
Distance: 239.8 Miles

Suspension
-10/-10
Spring Rate: 18.2/20.0
Dampers (EXT): 10/8
Dampers (COM): 2/4
Anti Roll: 3/4
Camber: 1.2/1.2
Toe: 0.04/-0.06

LSD: 10/22/14
Brakes: 5/4

Transmission
1:1.415
2:1.023
3:0.794
FN:4.285
Top Speed: 180MPH
Top Speed Upper: 178 MPH

I am planning to submit my entry tonight. Chose the Jaguar. Busy last two days getting my son's Cochlear implants hooked up. Best two days of my life to date.

If I read the OP right, I'm supposed to send the full Tune in a PM to you Krenkme, and then you will post them all at some point, as opposed to posting my tune here directly? I'm commencing the PM to go to you...

EDIT: PM sent...

Last edited:
If I read the OP right, I'm supposed to send the full Tune in a PM to you Krenkme, and then you will post them all at some point, as opposed to posting my tune here directly? I'm commencing the PM to go to you...

EDIT: PM sent...

Uh... I think that only driver's choice selections from testers are to be sent by PM to Krenkme and not posted in the forum. Your tune goes here as normal... I think.

Uh... I think that only driver's choice selections from testers are to be sent by PM to Krenkme and not posted in the forum. Your tune goes here as normal... I think.

I guess it pays to read things thoroughly...lol...tune coming shortly...

ferrari330p4forfitt.png

Comments
Not sure I've ever driven a car that was so sensitive to just about every tuning adjustment available. The car is very sensitive to begin with as probably suits a race car of this era but I think I finally got it to the point where it's driveable and consistent, if a tad too safe. Putting the power down consistently was very tricky and it can still get a bit wild if you aren't quite balanced but you'll get the hang of it in a lap or two. Rolling on the throttle out of a couple of key corners will help, especially the two hairpins. 👍

Might be worth noting that I've recently moved from DFGT to a G27 and this is my first full fledged effort at tuning with the new wheel. It does make it throttle and steering inputs more accurate, but not sure how it will translate to other wheels or DS3.

Didn't drive any other cars in the competition but the laptimes seemed pretty good although I'm guessing the 2D will be tough to beat. I was able to consistently run 1:26.3-1:26.6 with a best of 1:26.1, Also note that I left off the Mid-RPM Turbo option and sacrificed 100 hp in the process. I did try it but it made the car much more difficult to control with minimal gains in a straightline and most of that given away under braking, hence the lack of turbo.

Hope you enjoy the ride!!👍👍

General
PP - 608
HP - 471
Kgs - 824
Ballast - 32@-50
Engine Limiter - 100%
Aero - 35/30
Mileage 586.8 km

Parts Added - Adjustable LSD, Oil Change

Suspension, Drivetrain/Brakes
0/0 - Ride Height
14.3/15.6 - Springs
3/7 - Ext Dampers
5/6 - Comp. Dampers
6/7 - ARB's
2.0/2.5 - Camber
-.06/0.00 - Toe
12/19/8 - LSD
7/5 - Brake Balance

Transmission (in this order)
HIT RESET <<<important
220km/h - Set Top Speed to (minimum)
2.990 - Final Gear Ratio
3.326 - 1st
2.569 - 2nd
2.033 - 3rd
1.606 - 4th
1.280 - 5th
N/A - 6th

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70, "Plum Crazy"
Krenkme from Clueless Tunes announced his Classic Race Car Shootout and this is Ol'Harvey Wallbanger's entry. While not the fastest of cars from that era it's looks and sound are a great transport back in time when the American Auto Manufacturers were engaging in an all out war with their muscle car offerings trying to entice younger customers to buy their offerings. The concept was simple put a big engine in a small or mid size body then send the cars out to tracks all over the country to race. The mantra was "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday" and until rising insurance costs, government regulations and the gas crises intervened the formula was very successful. This Challenger is representative of the end of that era, a final salvo to the war if you will. With the burbling growl of the race tuned BIg Block HEMI it's easy to imagine tearing up the tracks across the country in the SCCA Trans-Am series or blowing through the quarter mile at your local drag strip. Driving such a monster at speed around a road coarse is not for the faint of heart indeed one would have to be "Plum Crazy" to push such a beast to its limits. Technology has moved on and cars are faster, safer and easier to drive now. Yet if like the Ol'Wallbanger you long for the thrills of a bygone era where men tested their skills and courage by muscling overpowered brutes around a track at insane speeds then you to may find the joy in driving "Plum Crazy".
Red2520Bull2520Hangar-7.jpg

D-4.jpg

D-1-3.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Buy from: New Car Dealership
Paintjob: Plum Crazy (stock color by Dodge, will need repainted after the RM conversion is done.)
Wheels: PDI P525N (Painted Bright Silver Metallic by Dodge)
Aerodynamic Kit: Racing Modifications
Weight Reduction: N/A
Window Weight Reduction: N/A
Carbon Hood: N/A
Chassis reinforcement: No
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sports
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sports
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Exhaust: Titanium Racing
Turbo Kit: None
Transmission: Fully Customizable
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable
Center Differential: N/A
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Suspension: Fully Customizable
Tires: Racing Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: Front 13, Rear 40
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%
Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set Final Gear to 5.000
3) Set Top Speed to 99mph
4) Set gears as follows;
1st=2.530,
2nd=1.875,
3rd=1.550,
4th=1.275,
5th=1.040,
5) Set Final gear to 2.600
Should display an indicated top speed of 180mph in upper right corner.
LSD Rear Initial 15, Acceleration 20, Braking 5
Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.8, Rear 2.0
Toe Angle Front +0.15, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Front 0, Rear -10
Spring Rate Front 15.5, Rear 14.7
Dampers (Extension) Front 1, Rear 1
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 5
Anti-Roll Bars Front 5, Rear 6
Brakes Front 9, Rear 10

The car has 615PP, weighs 1, 260Kg with a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution, has 688HP and produces 671ft-lb torque@4, 900rpm with a 6, 400rpm redline.

Notes: Drives nicely using automatic transmission. A bit of throttle control is needed to prevent excessive wheelspin exiting corners in 1st and 2nd gear. The brakes tend to be a bit weak despite the very high balance and are almost impossible to lock up using a DS3 controller and ABS1.

Enjoy the ride and as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Reviews and/or additional photos

"Plum Crazy" is currently on share.👍👍

I encourage test drivers to at some point bring the car to a full stop for a moment just to enjoy the sound of the engine.:bowdown::crazy:

Here I am sittin' back, relaxin' all cool...

Okay, Z/28 let's go. :lol:

Edit: Never mind, I am bad tuna. I'll keep trying but... Ugh.

EEuuuu... bad tuna :yuck:. Reminds me of a girl I knew in College...

I am planning to submit my entry tonight. Chose the Jaguar. Busy last two days getting my son's Cochlear implants hooked up. Best two days of my life to date.

Wish your son luck 👍

I guess it pays to read things thoroughly...lol...tune coming shortly...

Sorry for the confusion.

All posted tunes have been linked. Deadline will end when I wake up in the morning. But first I need a drink :dopey:

Back