F.I.T.T. - Clueless Classic Shootout (It's over. Thanks Everyone :D)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 288 comments
Tell me that you've not driven mine…It'd probably drag the average down a lot in terms of quality. :lol:

I have only tested the Challengers, Camaro's and Lewis's Ford so far....so you're safe for now..:drool:

I don't think there is so much difference , 1 second for the first tester. Seems fair to me.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

I did not intend to point it out in a fair vs. unfair way. I just find it interesting. I have never driven the 2D. On paper it looks like a dog with low hp and only three gears. I am just surprised at how fast it is. It just goes to show that the PP system has some randomness to it.

We saw the same thing in the higher class of your Race Car shootout where the more aerodynamically shaped cars outperformed the higher HP entries.

It was actually the opposite. My car won the 625pp class at Monza using minimum aero both front and rear. Min aero didn't work on my Jag entry for this competition. Max aero wasn't the fastest either. My Jag is right down the middle at GP/D.

Onboy123 - Ferrari 330 P4 '67
Time - 1:28:748
Throttle control again the order of the day. More manageable than krenkme's and very competitive. Got bitten a couple of times so take care.

Damn…slowest of the main pack of Ferraris. Ah well, expected. To be honest though, you've pretty much taken it to the limit, I think. As it is, I can't imagine it getting into the 27s. The best I've managed was a 28.3xx.

And yes, it does bite. Quite hard sometimes. :lol:

I've tested 3 so far and I'm in the 28-30 second range, so it looks like I'm not as slow as I thought I would be with the wheel for this one. Hopefully I won't bring the average down too much. :D I'll post up the times once I've run a few more.

For those that were wondering where I disappeared to, life just caught up at the end of the year with sick kids and family in town and whatever else it could throw at me. Seems to have calmed down now so I shouldn't be off on any more adventures for a while. :cheers:

The 2d was just easier to drive. If you could get rid of the rear wheelspin from the other cars, they would probably be quicker.

The 2d was just easier to drive. If you could get rid of the rear wheelspin from the other cars, they would probably be quicker.
^this^ if you can't get it to the ground in a smooth manner then all the power in the world won't make you faster coming out of corners.
A case of less power making for better delivery as it doesn't waste time and energy destroying tires but just gets on with accelerating the whole car. The more powerful cars probably have a higher top end but will require a lot more throttle control to exit corners in the quickest manner.

^this^ if you can't get it to the ground in a smooth manner then all the power in the world won't make you faster coming out of corners.
A case of less power making for better delivery as it doesn't waste time and energy destroying tires but just gets on with accelerating the whole car. The more powerful cars probably have a higher top end but will require a lot more throttle control to exit corners in the quickest manner.

True. I could have built the jag with more power than it has, but chose to give it more downforce. The other car that I spent time testing was the '63 Vette. It's a really fun car, but very difficult to get off the corners. It has the most power of all of these cars at 615PP.

This is why I left off the mid-rpm turbo and lost around 100 hp in the process. I gained maybe 2-3 car lengths on the front straight with it on and then lost all of it under braking and cornering, all the while quadrupling the difficulty level. With RS or even RM's the extra power would be useful but it just seemed to get in the way with these tires. And if you ever used the car with tire wear on, all that extra power would shred the rear tires in just a few laps.

Testing complete. Results post updated and PM sent to Krenkme with drivers choices. Found testing very enjoyable, if a little frustrating at times! Will be interesting to see other test results.

Is there a link for the testies results I'm missing or?
I believe biffa3 is the only tester to post results so far.
Krenkme has yet to include a link to that post which is a couple pages back now.:drool:

Sorry for my absence. Dealing with real life issues. Hope to have things sorted soon, and get back to keeping this shootout up to date.

Thank you for your patients :dopey:

Testing has begun.

Tested using DS3 (pad,rather than stick) and Auto Transmission.Cars run for 10 laps each. All aids off except driving line and ABS 1.

In time order:-

Ugabugaz - CHAPARRAL 2D RACE CAR '67
Time - 1:26:815
Very quick. Rear steps out a little which was a surprise with this car, so not as easy to get the power down as praiano's, just a tad quicker through the bends.

That's what I like to see! Love the time you got.

The rear stepping out was a bit of a compromise to get the car to go through bends quickly. The tune could use more polishing I guess, but I didn't have much time to make it when I did.

Haven't updated to 2.10 yet...wondering if any of our shootout cars are effected by the PP change?

:crazy:My Lexus ISF RM used on the FITT Racing Car tuner dropped from 625pp to 580pp, why didn't this happen earlier ... my car would be a lot faster at 625pp now :cool:

45PP drop, insane changes ... my ISF RM could shave at least 1 second or more on Monza with 45pp more ...

Edit : I can't even reach 625pp with max aero, zero ballast and full power ... 608pp only.

Apparently there has been some rather significant changes to the PP of certain cars.
Just saw a report that the Opera S2K went from 500PP to 592PP with the 2.10 patch.:crazy::drool:

I saw that post. It was a typo apparently, the Opera S2000 and FD RX-7 are 492PP not 592PP. :lol:

:crazy:My Lexus ISF RM used on the FITT Racing Car tuner dropped from 625pp to 580pp, why didn't this happen earlier ... my car would be a lot faster at 625pp now :cool:

45PP drop, insane changes ... my ISF RM could shave at least 1 second or more on Monza with 45pp more ...

Edit : I can't even reach 625pp with max aero, zero ballast and full power ... 608pp only.

What about your Z28 Camaro?

I tuned and broke-in my own to put CSLACR's tune on it the other day, it's now at 540PP. Was 600PP before.

Changes to PP are dramatic and widesweeping. A Roadster NC I was driving last night at 400PP needed nearly another 40HP today to get back to 400PP. It's at 230HP now!!! Same with the GT12.

It's a game changer that's for sure..but I feel sorry for the tuners that have to go back once again and adjust all their tunes, but at least it's just changing PP not driving characteristics.👍

I assume we're going to go with what we have for this contest so far and not make any changes until the next one?

Back