• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 149,530 comments
Some D3 action!
8551871375_b725dd2996_b.jpg

The new guys(not so new anymore)
8552925544_62b629d704_b.jpg

Spitting fire!
8551822933_24e0979b33_b.jpg

Goat, those flaming exhaust pics are a pain to try and capture, seems to stop either a split second before or after the perfect shot.

:idea:Forgot these.
8552026589_e7bc525e7f_b.jpg

smoke'em if you got'em
8553129412_452a2316d1_b.jpg

I love parade
8552026779_2928070ecd_b.jpg

Classic car show winner

Yea that flame shot was about 10 minutes of hitting the start button.:yuck:

Vol, it's good to see you back on the thread! Do you have any interest in reviving your Tuesday night parity series?

I had hoped to get a multi-class racing series organized, but nobody's interested in hosting it. :(

There is always interest, I just don't know if I will be able to manage it.

But for tonight, I want to drive.

I haven't driven in a while, and as I understand it, the PP system has changed. As Dabney said, we had been picking a single make (or a couple of cars for a shootout) for the PP stuff before. Since this is such short notice, if we wanted to do one-make, I'd just go back to something you guys ran on a Sunday night. The past Sunday was the 350Z RS, which is acceptable.

I have to go all the way back to February 10 to see a good line-up. Any of those three cars could work: the Cappuccino RM, the V6 Clio, or the 8C.

In any of those, I'd probably like to stay away from ones with adjustable aero.

If we don't want to do one-make, then I would just say... I don't know... 485 PP (not sure what cars that covers now)? So bring a car that you can adjust from 470 to 500 PP with ballast, engine limiting, or bolt on parts (no adjustable aero).

We can vote for a track, and run it twice, and then maybe let the winner pick the next track. I don't now. Something sort of casual.

Mind you, it has been a while, and it is possible Dabney, who understands the parity format as well as anyone, could easily come up with something we could do with little to no prep work.

I mostly focus on getting brake points right especially on slow corners after a long straight (like fuji). I work on getting visual references on where to brake when there's no brake markers too.

When I've got a hard time with a car, (like the FGT recently), I'm trying to be consistent first then I'm trying for fast laps.

Also, I'm putting my attention on corners leading to straights (very important in order to be faster at the end of the straight) and fast corners too (to see if I can go full throttle or not :lol:)

And one more thing I practice is race starts just to get a feel of the first sector of the track on cold tires and to get my braking point right for the first turn at starting speed.

I'm only practicing the new car/track combos of the current week though and over the course of the week I'm practicing for an hour or so.

I hope it helps. 👍

This is what I call practicing. Not what goes on on Wednesday night.

Vol: The PP system changed briefly but has basically reverted to what it was. Most cars are at about the same value that they were several months ago.

Vol: The PP system changed briefly but has basically reverted to what it was. Most cars are at about the same value that they were several months ago.

I completely missed that.

I should go see if there is a patch that I need to download, too.

p.s. I'm going to the D2 lounge now, if anyone wants to join me. We can decide what to do tonight (if anyone does show up).

Last edited:
I completely missed that.

I should go see if there is a patch that I need to download, too.

p.s. I'm going to the D2 lounge now, if anyone wants to join me. We can decide what to do tonight (if anyone does show up).

I'm going to woof down a half a chicken and I'll be there.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

dangerzone641 / dangerzone641
  • Shortcutting - 2 points
  • Level 1 - 4points
    Total of -6 points and 1 week probation

hillracing / hillracing
  • Level 1 - 1points
    1 week probation

Drgreenthumb977 / Drrgreenthumb67
  • Shortcutting - 4 points
    1 week probation

JoeW / Ice_Warden
    1 week probation

Division 5

LondonDTM / VAG_star
  • Shortcutting - 1 points
    1 week probation

JJLopez427 / JJLopez427
  • Shortcutting - 5 points
    1 week probation

Moperlover2 / moperlover
  • Level 2 6 points halved for concession to - 3points
  • Level 2 - 6points
    Total of -10 points and 4 weeks probation

This was another difficult week in reviewing replays and OTBs. I appreciate everyone's efforts. Thank you especially to JLBowler, Handlebar, Dabneyd and DrK. Couldn't get this done this week without you! It's not easy and it takes up our time that we could spend on the track. Thanks again guys.

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings and the prize winners.

Prize A - 93.8 points - GTP_Worst_Driver - Division 1
Prize B - 82.31 points - tcrash15-- - Division 3

zer0 will be along soon and confirm winner of prize c,

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

I have to work in a few hours, so good night!

Last edited:
Just saw the steward post, yay I can make my choice official. :dopey:

Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 (Sports Hard) @ Cape Ring North
caperingnorth1p.jpg

D1 photos from last sunday night.
Enjoy. :cheers:

350Z @ Deep Forest

201303101.jpg

201303102.jpg

201303103.jpg

201303104.jpg

201303105.jpg

201303106.jpg

201303107.jpg

Art Morrison Vette @ Indy Road

201303108.jpg

201303109.jpg

2013031010.jpg

2013031011.jpg

2013031012.jpg

2013031013.jpg

2013031014.jpg

2013031015.jpg

RM Corvette @ Fuji F

2013031017.jpg

2013031018.jpg

2013031020.jpg

2013031021.jpg

2013031022.jpg

2013031023.jpg

Last edited:
Your Steward Report for the Week

Division 1

dangerzone641 / dangerzone641
  • Level 1 - 4points
    Total of -6 points and 1 week probation

hillracing / hillracing
  • Level 1 - 1points
    1 week probation

Drgreenthumb977 / Drrgreenthumb67
  • Shortcutting - 4 points
    1 week probation

JoeW / Ice_Warden
    1 week probation

Division 5

LondonDTM / VAG_star
    1 week probation

JJLopez427 / JJLopez427
  • Shortcutting - 5 points
    1 week probation

Moperlover2 / moperlover
  • Level 2 6 points halved for concession to - 3points
  • Level 2 - 6points
    Total of -9 points and 4 weeks probation

This was another difficult week in reviewing replays and OTBs. I appreciate everyone's efforts. Thank you especially to JLBowler, Handlebar, Dabneyd and DrK. Couldn't get this done this week without you! It's not easy and it takes up our time that we could spend on the track. Thanks again guys.

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings and the prize winners.

Prize A - 93.8 points - GTP_Worst_Driver - Division 1
Prize B - 82.31 points - tcrash15-- - Division 3

zer0 will be along soon and confirm winner of prize c,

***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

I have to work in a few hours, so good night!

As always, many thanks to the stewards! :bowdown:

I've updated the results post with the official standings.

Although there's a new Price C winner, his vote being nullified does not change the result of the elimination vote (it only further protected Round 1 from being affected).

Oshawa-Joe, I went ahead and deducted 10 points from moperlover, but let me know if that's incorrect.

tcrash, congrats on Prize B! Talk about a nice 1-year anniversary gift! :cheers:

VAG_star, congrats on Prize C! Just post on the thread when you know what you want me to send over. 👍

I think we should keep the car (Applause) but I know how much everyone loves Fuji:sly:

Let's take the Vette to SPA!!!!

@Worst Driver: That is a freaking awsome pick. Hopefully this represents a trend back towards lower PP cars (just my opinion, I don't want to start that argument again)

Edit: And that's a nice pick too Zappa!

tcrash, congrats on Prize B! Talk about a nice 1-year anniversary gift! :cheers:

Thanks! It took a year but worth it! Hopefully I don't have to wait another year:lol:

Prize choice already posted!👍

its ridiculous how close you guys in D1 are, it seems *all* the time!

Good choice on the replacement, btw :)

I was really surprised from how close the racing was especially when everyone can win a race, well unless worst is in the lead then he never looks back. It's also a constant fight to have a small advantage in every corner, and straight. I'll definitely miss D2, but it felt like there was something missing, maybe it was the fact that I felt like I couldn't be aggressive and seemed like I was holding back a little bit.

Just saw the steward post, yay I can make my choice official. :dopey:

Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 (Sports Hard) @ Cape Ring North
caperingnorth1p.jpg

I think we should keep the car (Applause) but I know how much everyone loves Fuji:sly:

Let's take the Vette to SPA!!!!

Thanks for making the Prize A and Prize B selections so quickly!!

The March 17th lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

diabolic, your car is back on the lineup! Are you ready for a comeback of what?? :)

I was really surprised from how close the racing was especially when everyone can win a race, well unless worst is in the lead then he never looks back. It's also a constant fight to have a small advantage in every corner, and straight. I'll definitely miss D2, but it felt like there was something missing, maybe it was the fact that I felt like I couldn't be aggressive and seemed like I was holding back a little bit.

LOL. Let the flood gates open....

its ridiculous how close you guys in D1 are, it seems *all* the time!

Good choice on the replacement, btw :)

Hahaha that's only on pictures. :lol:
But as the race goes on, 2-3 close groups of drivers form themselves.

@Worst Driver: That is a freaking awsome pick. Hopefully this represents a trend back towards lower PP cars (just my opinion, I don't want to start that argument again)

Edit: And that's a nice pick too Zappa!

Thanks. 👍
I wanted to lower the average pp a bit, I had lots of high powered street cars in mind but that'll have to wait for another time.
Plus, on sports hards, you can get sideways. Less grip, more fun. :D

and awesome pick Zappa !!! :cheers:

Aw, no photographer for d5 :(

I'll do it starting with the next event. Someone message me a reminder next Sunday. I'll find some cool shots :)

London, thanks for stepping up to be the D5 photographer! I've added you to the responsibilities post. 👍

Anyone in D4 want to give the photographer gig a try? Now that Wolfsatz is in D3, don't have any pics coming from D4 anymore. :(

Speaking of Wolfsatz, let me know if any of you photographers want me to link to an album like I've done for Wolfsatz in the repsonsibilities post. Seems like a good way to build up and show off your S.N.A.I.L. portfolios. :sly:

Thanks! It took a year but worth it! Hopefully I don't have to wait another year:lol:

Prize choice already posted!👍

Thank you!!!

Worst, I'm thinking I've got that Supra broken in and ready. Fun fun car. Curious how Cape treats it.

Edit: own it but not broken in. 7.3 miles. Got the Bobs running her in at Laguna for 200 miles.

Looking like another good week of racing.

Last edited:
I wanted to lower the average pp a bit, I had lots of high powered street cars in mind but that'll have to wait for another time.
Plus, on sports hards, you can get sideways. Less grip, more fun. :D

Worst, at the rate your driving I think your chance to pick one of those high powered cars will happen very soon

Latest Posts

Back