<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoa, steady on guys. The Integra hasn't won and even if it does, Rolo may not want to run the RM.

Rolo - your thoughts?

Whoa, steady on guys. The Integra hasn't won and even if it does, Rolo may not want to run the RM.

Rolo - your thoughts?

If the Integra wins then we can try both. Pleasing the people is my ultimate aim. Don't please the people, no series. :sly:

I would personally like to say, thanks for this series guys, great having some competition for once... Looking forward to next season/the one make... Speaking of it link me when thread is up...

Was hoping for the NSX but seems the integra has just edged it. Should be a good series anyway whichever car gets picked.

Will wait to see the tyre choice before I sign up.

Could do a Honda triple? Would still be a one make technically. 2/3 races in each? Would keep it fresh and something for everyone.

Also had an idea for some sort of handicap system to ensure close racing from lights to flag.

I may end up mid pack at the end of the championship but I'm not last.Lol...I'm thinking that using my wheel last race was a mistake but oh well...gotta get some better consistency somehow and that means using it so I'll be off pace at times...I'm looking forward to playing ping pong in the next race...so don't sit on my bumper unless you want to join me...lol

Wheel always better than controller imo

I don't doubt you, however I'm new to the wheel, so for me at least I'm disadvantaged at the moment until I get more experience. :)

How long have you been racing with the wheel?

I don't doubt you, however I'm new to the wheel, so for me at least I'm disadvantaged at the moment until I get more experience. :)

How long have you been racing with the wheel?

2 yrs , it took me about 3-4 months to get used to it .

Id say its taken me at least a year to really master it .

G27 by the way .

Thanks. I've heard others saying that it will take me quite a while to master it. I've not had mine (also a G27) 2-weeks yet, so I've still got a lot to learn. I knew that swapping to the wheel at this stage would ruin my championship chances, but hopefully the practice will help me for next season.

I've noticed that with the wheel, I can sometimes 'get into the groove' and set some really consistent times, but just a single error will cost me so much time and it's still really easy to make that mistake. My race 1 at SSR5 was a dreadful start with the two spins, but I was well chuffed with the comeback.

I'm now running the force feedback on 10 and the power steering is on.

My other issue is trying to determine whether I need a different suspension setting for the wheel. My usual settings seem okay.

I have the same problem canyon, especially on cold tyres. I think that our anti-roll bar setting needs some adjustment mate. As has been said earlier in this thread by Rob, it's better to have a safe car than one which can potentially snap in a corner or chicane. Lap consistency is what gets the points, havaing a car balancing on a knife edge is dangerous. I've really realised that following my performance at SSR5. If my setup had been 'safer' I wouldn't have had my race 1 spins and I could have done really well.

I think that it's great being able to set really fast laps, especially for qualifying, but that isn't giving me the race wins and podiums that I've needed to hang onto the championship. :( I'll admit that following HSR, I kinda gave up all hope of winning anyway, which was one of the reasons why I was willing to swap to the steering wheel. 👍 Now I'm learning how to race again. :lol:

Has a race with 2 tyre compunds ever been discussed before? For instance have to use both the sports soft and the sports medium tyre in each race. Start out on whichever compound you want and then swap to the other compound at the pit stop.

It's a strategic element which I like, but I know that its downfall will be the stewarding aspect. Checking who starts on what compound and whether they are on the other compound at the end of the race would take a few minutes to sort in the replays.

Has a race with 2 tyre compunds ever been discussed before? For instance have to use both the sports soft and the sports medium tyre in each race. Start out on whichever compound you want and then swap to the other compound at the pit stop.

It's a strategic element which I like, but I know that its downfall will be the stewarding aspect. Checking who starts on what compound and whether they are on the other compound at the end of the race would take a few minutes to sort in the replays.

It has been discussed before, but like you say it would be too much hard work checking it all. Would definitely add another element to the series though....hopefully GT6 makes it easier.

On another note, I've got myself sorted with a flat now so should be back in for the one make series

The tyre compounds would take time to check, but we wouldn't have to wait and watch every pit stop, just go through the cars on the first lap and final lap of the race. I'd be willing to do that if it helped.

Looking forward to the results. Come on Perfect Apex Racing. :D

Results from Special Stage Route 5:

Race 1:

1. skengdigi
2. rolo912011
3. CptMadBean
4. PleaseD1e
5. mosendtner (warning)
6. TheOldStig
7. karsten_beoulve (warning)
8. matty-bacon
9. Sig1611
10. canyondrifter (warning)
11. Strawman__Andy
DNF. Scaniabebe
DNF. Mrbrendon999

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:30.847
Lap Leaders: CptMadBean, Mrbrendon999, rolo912011, skengdigi

Race 2:

1. Mrbrendon999
2. Strawman__Andy
3. mosendtner
4. PleaseD1e
5. rolo912011
6. karsten_beoulve
7. skengdigi
8. CptMadBean
9. TheOldStig
10. matty-bacon
11. canyondrifter
DNF. Sig1611

Fastest Lap: Mrbrendon999 - 1:30.280
Pole Position: skengdigi
Lap Leaders: canyondrifter, Mrbrendon999, Strawman__Andy

Race 3:

1. skengdigi
2. karsten_beoulve
3. canyondrifter
4. mosendtner
5. rolo912011
6. Mrbrendon999
7. TheOldStig
8. Sig1611
9. PleaseD1e
10. matty-bacon
DNF. Scaniabebe (warning)
DNF. Strawman__Andy (warning)

Fastest Lap: canyondrifter - 1:30.421
Lap Leaders: Sig1611, skengdigi, Mrbrendon999, canyondrifter

---------​

DRIVERS ON A ONE-ROUND BAN (8 Penalty Points):

Strawman__Andy

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or if you want to appeal. Appeals must be made within 24 hours of this post.

Points up shortly.

The tyre compounds would take time to check, but we wouldn't have to wait and watch every pit stop, just go through the cars on the first lap and final lap of the race. I'd be willing to do that if it helped.

Looking forward to the results. Come on Perfect Apex Racing. :D

Or if there is space I could just watch and take note of who is using what tires .....there's always the possibility of accidentally coming into the pits and accepting the tires and then realising ooops I should have changed my tires...

Could do a Honda triple? Would still be a one make technically. 2/3 races in each? Would keep it fresh and something for everyone.

Also had an idea for some sort of handicap system to ensure close racing from lights to flag.

9 rounds, 3 for each Honda? Let's see if the 3 Hondas top the poll by Thursday.

Success ballast will be in for this one-make cup. Will need to test to decide what weights work. Looking at ballast for the Top 5 drivers in each round (or 5 selected drivers, in the case of Round 1 - selection based on Points Per Finish calculations for each driver).

Yeah ok I'm Defo going to be reviewing my 1st race replay so I can see why I got a warning...ffs I came second to last and from lap 2 I was well back in last place up until the last corner of the last lap...strawman hit the wall and slowed down so I got past him cleanly up the inside....so it has to be in the first two laps somewhere...erm no...I have been told and now understand...holds his hands up and apologized...my bad..

Last edited:
Back