<- BTCC-6 -> Season Complete - skengdigi is the first double Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,863 comments

Which car should be used for the one-make cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can still add ballast can't you? It's not a performance upgrade.

I don't think that you can, although I haven't tested it. Any alterations to ballast position and aero are classed as tuning. I would assume that adding weight could be too. It needs trying.

So Andys banned from the final race of BTCC on GT5 that's gonna hurt :lol:.

Latest Points:​

Drivers' Points:

8urf.png

Teams' Points:

z3sy.png

Manufacturers' Points:

iflx.png

Independents' Points:

5ad4.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Tokyo R246 (19/09/13)

Laps: 11

Pit Window: 4 - 7

---

Race 1 Grid:

(rabbit_9-8)
1. vylkrie
(Furinkazen)
(gedi69)
2. matty-bacon
3. CptMadBean
(GTP_PaulMac)
4. Sig1611
5. Scaniabebe
6. TheOldStig
7. karsten_beoulve
8. Mrbrendon999
9. mosendtner
10. rolo912011
11. canyondrifter
12. Red_Leader
13. PleaseD1e
14. skengdigi

Congratulations to Perfect Apex Racing, BTCC-6 Teams' Champions :) :cheers:

Championship Situation:

It's looking pretty good for skengdigi and Ford, isn't it? :sly:

If the contenders dropped another score...

1. skengdigi - 260
2. Red_Leader - 239
3. PleaseD1e - 232
4. canyondrifter - 221

So, essentially, skeng has a 21-point cushion. Realistically, Rob is his number one challenger... can he outscore skeng by 22 points? With another drop score to use too, it's all to play for..... :sly:

Congratulations to karsten on passing 100 BTCC finishes.. a well-earned podium to celebrate too :cheers:

9 rounds, 3 for each Honda? Let's see if the 3 Hondas top the poll by Thursday.

Success ballast will be in for this one-make cup. Will need to test to decide what weights work. Looking at ballast for the Top 5 drivers in each round (or 5 selected drivers, in the case of Round 1 - selection based on Points Per Finish calculations for each driver).
Yep, ballast won't work if the room is set to 'tuning prohibited'. It's classed as tuning.

My idea was to use PP instead because then you can have the room set to 'tuning prohibited' and use the power limiter to reduce hp until the required PP is met. You could use hp as the defining unit but the increments it can be adjusted by are quite large; 10hp at a time, so the scope for having lots of different levels of power are less. Does this make sense?

So Andys banned from the final race of BTCC on GT5 that's gonna hurt :lol:.

Not only that, but if he fails to show me that he can race without getting banned again; then he won't be in the Blue and Black Livery anymore...

Yep, ballast won't work if the room is set to 'tuning prohibited'. It's classed as tuning.

My idea was to use PP instead because then you can have the room set to 'tuning prohibited' and use the power limiter to reduce hp until the required PP is met. You could use hp as the defining unit but the increments it can be adjusted by are quite large; 10hp at a time, so the scope for having lots of different levels of power are less. Does this make sense?

Damn.

So essentially, to lose the right amount of PP you'd have to remove a lot of horsepower?

By the way i actually have 2 personal records at stake now. 1) never lost at tokyo, 2) i have not received a penalty in online events. (please don't target me for attacks ^.^)

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Canyon, his efforts in the Perfect Apex Racing team have been very much appreciated this season and although we have had some inconsistent results recently, it has been at fun. 👍

Before the season began I knew that I had a good car beneath me, but I didn't expect the team to win its first ever season. I'm really chuffed. :)

Damn.

So essentially, to lose the right amount of PP you'd have to remove a lot of horsepower?
Not really. I'm saying if you use hp in the room settings to check people in, the choices go up in 10hp increments. E.g. 305hp, 315hp, 325hp, 335hp etc which is a lot if you want to a have a few levels of handicap.

Using PP to check people in will allow you to reduce hp for handicap/success in much smaller amounts which is what you want. On the DC5 RM for example 3PP is around 5hp.

Also if you make the base spec of the car lower than the standard PP you can go both ways. So if standard pp with 100% power is 460, make the base spec something like 450pp. That way you can give pp increases to people at the back as well as decreases to the podium guys or whatever. It will allow you to have many more levels of handicap. So you are still essentially using hp but via the pp. I probably didn't explain it very well before.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to Canyon, his efforts in the Perfect Apex Racing team have been very much appreciated this season and although we have had some inconsistent results recently, it has been at fun. 👍

Before the season began I knew that I had a good car beneath me, but I didn't expect the team to win its first ever season. I'm really chuffed. :)

Dito...I really didn't think we could do it but we have...and its been interesting to see how everyone's performance has improved over the races...roll on the next season....thanks for introducing me to these guys PleaseD1e....it's been a pretty good laugh all in all...even with the odd ooops

Humberside Racing

It may seem a bit early to start looking for drivers; but saying that I've not asked Andy to leave the Humberside Racing Team - I am looking for some new drivers. More details to be released soon.

mrbrendon999
Stig! Lets 1/2 every race xD get both humbersides on the last event! Cmon mate we can do this!!!!

Looks to me like I'm once again on the bottom of the list of people who have done as many races as me, I may end up staying 10th up till the end,

But Im gonna really give it my best at Tokyo for you and Romeo-o-Romeo

Looks to me like I'm once again on the bottom of the list of people who have done as many races as me, I may end up staying 10th up till the end,

But Im gonna really give it my best at Tokyo for you and Romeo-o-Romeo

Send me an Alfa... My dodge is fast enough... I want you to have a great last race!

Dito...I really didn't think we could do it but we have...and its been interesting to see how everyone's performance has improved over the races...roll on the next season....thanks for introducing me to these guys PleaseD1e....it's been a pretty good laugh all in all...even with the odd ooops

You're welcome mate. I'm glad that I managed to persuade you to join in, even if you were convinced that a front wheel drive Alfa would be terrible. That fist test that we did at Suzuka was so funny, it was great being able to watch you improve with the car once you'd got the tune onto it. :D

Back