<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Never trust Rolo when he says, "I'm off the pace". :odd:

My quickest in the VW was a 14.2, but that was keeping it really smooth....something which I forgot to do in race 2 + 3. đź‘Ž

14.1 was my best without draft in the end.

Still can't believe I messed my last chicane up and got done by rob right at the last min.

Still can't believe I messed my last chicane up and got done by rob right at the last min.

It only take a single error and you quickly fall back. After my errors it took me the rest of the race to catch back up with the pack..... that's racing I guess. :) I easily crack under pressure which isn't good at all, I just hope that with time and practice I'll get better at keeping my cool.

On Race 2, the OldStig's Focus was so wide I couldn't find a way through, in the end I made a dive up the inside on a corner which I hadn't previously tried to overtake him on. :lol: It was great fun battling with him at the back. Thanks Stig. :)

14.1 was my best without draft in the end.

Sorry pal. I'm a real dirtbag for doing that :guilty: I wasn't going to lunge up the inside into the chicane but I put my car in a position which would make you think that's what I was going to do. I guess it distracted you just enough to go into the first part a little deep allowing me to cut inside you on the exit. Shame on me :guilty:

That last chicane was my weak point as well , id either brake too early or too late .
Yeah it's a tricky one. Depending on how you exit the previous corner you rarely approach it at the same speed. Then add in the varying levels of draft you get during a race and the uncertainty of when to brake increases even more.

Been playing around with an M3 '04 @ 1400kg on sports medium tyres. It has potential I think. It's definitely slower than my 330i over a lap; lower cornering speed and longer stopping distances but has a bit better straight line speed which is the 330s achilles heel. I think the M3 would much better match the way the FFs turn a lap time. Just thinking out loud here. Not in any way trying to re-organise things.

Sorry pal. I'm a real dirtbag for doing that :guilty: I wasn't going to lunge up the inside into the chicane but I put my car in a position which would make you think that's what I was going to do. I guess it distracted you just enough to go into the first part a little deep allowing me to cut inside you on the exit. Shame on me :guilty:

Hey don't feel guilty, the best man won đź‘Ť

Yeah there's no shame in throwing a dummy and waiting for the other driver to make an error, that's exactly what racing drivers do.

Yeah there's no shame in throwing a dummy and waiting for the other driver to make an error, that's exactly what racing drivers do.

Funny thing was I wasn't even watching what he was doing I just broke late.

:lol: JB :)

Never trust Rolo when he says, "I'm off the pace". :odd:

My quickest in the VW was a 14.2, but that was keeping it really smooth....something which I forgot to do in race 2 + 3. đź‘Ž

Haha, I really was doing 2:15s in my pre-race practice, and in Race 1. I have no idea what happened to me in between races to gain so much speed! :dopey:

Congrats on your first win đź‘Ť

On Race 2, the OldStig's Focus was so wide I couldn't find a way through, in the end I made a dive up the inside on a corner which I hadn't previously tried to overtake him on. :lol: It was great fun battling with him at the back. Thanks Stig. :)

Stig's car was wide... very wide... (but fair)

Pressure lol, oh well a good way to end my BTCC career, been nice racing with you all đź‘Ť

Toad out :)

Great to have you around again, door is always open if things derail :dopey:

Just hope I did enough last night to beat weezy for 3rd place :)

You shall find out shortly... results on their way within the next hour or so.

Last edited:
Results from Nurburgring GP/F:

Race 1:

1. PleaseD1e
2. skengdigi
3. mosendtner
4. Red_Leader
5. hurleyman24
6. gedi69
7. Weezy_7
8. rolo912011
9. acelera
10. TheOldStig

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 2:14.195
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, hurleyman24

Race 2:

1. Red_Leader
2. skengdigi
3. Weezy_7
4. rolo912011
5. gedi69
6. hurleyman24
7. mosendtner
8. PleaseD1e
9. TheOldStig
DNF. acelera

Fastest Lap: Red_Leader - 2:13.737
Pole Position: rolo912011
Lap Leaders: Red_Leader

Race 3:

1. Red_Leader
2. gedi69
3. skengdigi
4. hurleyman24
5. mosendtner
6. rolo912011
7. TheOldStig
8. PleaseD1e
9. Weezy_7

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 2:14.649
Lap Leaders: TheOldStig, hurleyman24, skengdigi, gedi69, Red_Leader

---------​

A big thank you to all 21 drivers who took to the track in BTCC-5. :cheers:

Team IVTec win the Teams' Championship đź‘Ť

Points and all-time statistics up very soon. :)

Haha, I really was doing 2:15s in my pre-race practice, and in Race 1. I have no idea what happened to me in between races to gain so much speed! :dopey:

Congrats on your first win đź‘Ť
You must have discovered a new line or something, you were flying after race 1. Whatever it wa, it worked.

In a million years expected to win a race, especially not so soon. I was fortunate though, I got away on lap 1 and broke the slipstream, meanwhile everyone else was being held back. I was just lucky. :)

Can't wait to see the points on the board.

Latest Points:​

Drivers' Points:

ttzs.png

Teams' Points:

wfv.png

Manufacturers' Points:

vb2v.png

Independents' Points:

7va.png

ALL-TIME RECORDS:

9yv.png

Final points and all-time stats for you all. :cheers:

It only take a single error and you quickly fall back. After my errors it took me the rest of the race to catch back up with the pack..... that's racing I guess. :) I easily crack under pressure which isn't good at all, I just hope that with time and practice I'll get better at keeping my cool.

yeah it was one hell of a battle but all along I had a feeling you were just waiting for the right moment to overtake me cus I had no chance of pulling anything off with those bad lap times or you were waiting for me to make a mistake lol

Lap times were not in my favor so I used the narrowness of the track and the understeer of the focus (speed out of corners) to my advantage by driving defensively to keep my position, which I lost twice due to racing accidents with mosendtner at the chicane (wrong place at the wrong time) but this has to be one of the best races ever for me thanx to mosendtner and Ian đź‘Ť
you both are my biggest rivals from now :scared:

C ya in BTCC-6 :P

Last edited:
In a million years expected to win a race, especially not so soon. I was fortunate though, I got away on lap 1 and broke the slipstream, meanwhile everyone else was being held back. I was just lucky. :)

Held back cus of me lol,
I was leading behind you with continuous bad lap times :nervous: and it took some time for anyone to overtake me so I kinda had you covered lol

Held back cus of me lol,
I was leading behind you with continuous bad lap times :nervous: and it took some time for anyone to overtake me so I kinda had you covered lol

You did a fantastic job mate, I wasn't doing the best lap times myself but I was consistent. I wasn't making any major errors because I was all on my own. :)

yeah it was one hell of a battle but all along I had a feeling you were just waiting for the right moment to overtake me cus I had no chance of pulling anything off with those bad lap times or you were waiting for me to make a mistake lol

Lap times were not in my favor so I used the narrowness of the track and the understeer of the focus (speed out of corners) to my advantage by driving defensively to keep my position, which I lost twice due to racing accidents with mosendtner at the chicane (wrong place at the wrong time) but this has to be one of the best races ever for me thanx to mosendtner and Ian
you both are my biggest rivals from now

C ya in BTCC-6

I was so desperate for you to make a mistake. :crazy: Your Focus couldn't have been any wider unless you opened the doors. I was quite surprised at the acceleration you had out of the turns too, I can only assume that the less weight was helping a little. (Just out of interest, I have since tried the Focus and I managed a 14.1 lap.) It certainly made my race more exciting so bring on Season 6........rival. :yuck:

Alfa is a good car:tup: I just like to switch cars each season.

Gonna try RWD for S6

I'd quite like to try an Alfa myself, they look good. :) I'm testing with a Focus at the moment, but that's simply because it's a premium car and I had one already. The Focus is okay.

Alfa is a good car:tup: I just like to switch cars each season.

Gonna try RWD for S6

Good luck with FR mate :D
The Alfa is quite amazing, in Rome my focus did a best lap time of 1.17.1 after a week of practising & tweaking, later i took out the alfa to rome with no setup at all & my 1st lap was 1.17.034 and after a couple laps with no setup i managed a 1.16.34! so i guess its the right car for me :)

I'd quite like to try an Alfa myself, they look good. :) I'm testing with a Focus at the moment, but that's simply because it's a premium car and I had one already. The Focus is okay.

I can send you the alfa if you need it
& If anyone here needs any car just ask me & I'd be happy to send it, theres enough to go around, people really shouldn't miss out on testing cars of their interest before choosing the right 1 for them to use for the season

Quite high in a few of those stats concidering I have only done 3 rounds (2 x 2 1x 3 ;))

Also not bad I think with more time I had more pace in the setup. The 30kgs for me made a noticable difference, it calmed the rear instability and gave a bit more grip in the bends. Felt nicer to drive and actually had to dial more turn into the car.

If it was in S6 I'd of happily tried it again.. Sad I never had a chance to drive it on the new specs..

Last edited:
I can send you the alfa if you need it
& If anyone here needs any car just ask me & I'd be happy to send it, theres enough to go around, people really shouldn't miss out on testing cars of their interest before choosing the right 1 for them to use for the season

If you have an Alfa going spare that would be great. :) It would be nice to test it out, it may suit my driving style better than the Focus does....plus there are already 3 Ford's taken for season 6.

Just the small matter of the prizes now...

There were 4 categories in which gedi was offering prize tickets. The Drivers' Champion was entitled to 3 of their choice, and the rest 1 of their choice (as far as I remember).

The first two winners are easy:

• Drivers' Champion - skengdigi
  • Independents' Champion - driftking18594

The next couple are not so easy.

• Most Improved Driver (compared to BTCC-4) - This one was really between Weezy_7, hurleyman24 and driftking18594, but personally for me, Weezy_7 has to be the winner! :cheers:
  • Rookie of the Season - Have your say! - I'll put up a poll with the list of candidates, which will close on Monday. Most votes win! đź‘Ť (A "rookie" is basically any driver who has never done proper BTCC before, so JSCC doesn't count here).

Back