<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Race 3 one of the best ever in BTCC by the looks of it. 3 tight races and nothing majorly contentious at all it seems. I'm very impressed! 👍

...except for my night which was awful. :sly:

I'm still peeling paint BMW paint off my rear bumper. Lol. I had Red glued to it on that last race, it was really good racing.

I caused an issue on race 2, I hit the tyres on lap 1 which may have upset others....sorry if it caused anyone a problem. I went to the back of the field on purpose.

I'm still peeling paint BMW paint off my rear bumper. Lol. I had Red glued to it on that last race, it was really good racing.

I caused an issue on race 2, I hit the tyres on lap 1 which may have upset others....sorry if it caused anyone a problem. I went to the back of the field on purpose.
Yeah sorry for any contact. Field compression catches me out now and again and different people or cars favour different lines. I thought in general it was very clean. Most entertaining racing I have been involved in all season.

Sorry you ended up in the wall Race 2 skengdigi. The natural line through the exit of the turn is obviously to run out wide and that's all i was really doing. If you'd have set you stall out sooner by pulling out from the draft I would have known which side you wanted.

Was defo a good nights racing tonight, was surprised as i put no practice in at all.

Yeah sorry for any contact. Field compression catches me out now and again and different people or cars favour different lines. I thought in general it was very clean. Most entertaining racing I have been involved in all season..

No worries mate, it was a damn tight race at timesI thoroughly enjoyed it. That BMW looked so planted through the corners, it was difficult to do anything with you. Thank god I had my gearing set right for the straights, otherwise you would have had me easily.

No worries mate, it was a damn tight race at timesI thoroughly enjoyed it. That BMW looked so planted through the corners, it was difficult to do anything with you. Thank god I had my gearing set right for the straights, otherwise you would have had me easily.
Yeah, there's nothing faster than the BM through the corners but the trade off is there's nothing slower than it down the straights. You raced good. 👍

I guess i ran out of gas in race 3 just couldnt move fwd .

Races were clean and fun tonight , had a chance for the win in race 2 but judged the final corner wrong .

Still good pts this week for the team .

My Honda felt fast tonight and was nice through the corners, but was a pig to get off the line..:( I think most cars overtook me off the line. Need to get that sorted for the finale 👍

I couldn't get off the line either Gedi. I kept getting loads of wheelspin up until about 55mph and I couldn't do much to prevent it.

I need to learn about the LSD and gear ratio's in order to improve the starts.

I couldn't get off the line either Gedi. I kept getting loads of wheelspin up until about 55mph and I couldn't do much to prevent it.

If I put a low turbo I can get off the line good but then I compromise my laptimes

Something as simple as launching in 2nd gear can sometimes give a much better start. I saw some people doing that earlier in the season. Depends what your ratios are though. Or this is a good read you might find helpful;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248418

It's primarily for drag racing but it's essentially the same scenario as a race start. Although it's a very short drag to turn 1 at Nurb so maybe not that important next week. Or maybe even more important. Depends which way you look at it.

Something as simple as launching in 2nd gear can sometimes give a much better start. I saw some people doing that earlier in the season. Depends what your ratios are though. Or this is a good read you might find helpful;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=248418

It's primarily for drag racing but it's essentially the same scenario as a race start. Although it's a very short drag to turn 1 at Nurb so maybe not that important next week. Or maybe even more important. Depends which way you look at it.

If I launch in 2nd the car bogs down too quick, I'm useless with tunes and gearing but il sure give this ^^^ a try 👍

@ KK I'm sure 1.38's were good but I'm sure Mr red will get a 37 :sly:

If I launch in 2nd the car bogs down too quick, I'm useless with tunes and gearing but il sure give this ^^^ a try 👍

@ KK I'm sure 1.38's were good but I'm sure Mr red will get a 37 :sly:

Nurb GP/F this time round 👍.

2:14's was what I managed before start of season... the beemer should be fast round here; am sure it will be able to dip into the 2:13's

Results from Indy Road Course:

Race 1:

1. Red_Leader
2. gedi69
3. skengdigi
4. killa_kandy
5. PleaseD1e
6. Weezy_7
7. hurleyman24
8. rolo912011
9. acelera
10. mosendtner
DNF. Mrbrendon999

Fastest Lap: Red_Leader - 1:42.016
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, gedi69, Red_Leader

Race 2:

1. Red_Leader
2. skengdigi
3. killa_kandy
4. hurleyman24
5. gedi69
6. Weezy_7
7. mosendtner
8. PleaseD1e
9. rolo912011
10. TheOldStig
11. acelera

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:41.910
Pole Position: Red_Leader
Lap Leaders: Red_Leader, skengdigi, hurleyman24, gedi69

Race 3:

1. gedi69
2. acelera
3. killa_kandy
4. PleaseD1e
5. Red_Leader
6. mosendtner
7. hurleyman24
8. Weezy_7
9. skengdigi
10. rolo912011
11. TheOldStig

Fastest Lap: killa_kandy - 1:41.925
Lap Leaders: acelera, rolo912011, mosendtner, gedi69

---------​

Drivers on Probation:

karsten_beoulve (6 penalty points)

---------​

Points and Race 1 grid for Nurburgring GP/F up shortly in post #2. 👍

Any appeals must be made within the next 24 hours. Please PM me if you want to appeal your penalty/penalties, or have them explained to you.

Latest Points:​

Drivers' Points:

8lii.png

Teams' Points:

dpl.png

Manufacturers' Points:

tz7t.png

Independents' Points:

r8z.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Nurburgring GP/F (11/07/13)

Laps: TBA

Pit Window: TBA

---

Race 1 Grid:

(stiegsallander)
1. Mrbrendon999
(Furinkazen)
2. PleaseD1e
(acelera)
(GTP_PaulMac)
3. killa_kandy
4. TheOldStig
5. Scaniabebe
6. karsten_beoulve
7. driftking18594
8. hurleyman24
9. mosendtner
10. rolo912011
11. Red_Leader
12. gedi69
13. Weezy_7
14. skengdigi

Points now up 👍

skeng only really needs to turn up next week to clinch the Drivers' title (at last!)

The teams battle is by far the closer, with only 5 points separating SimTek and Team IVTec. If IVTec win, they will be the first team to ever win the crown twice.

What gap between the two seasons, rolo? one or two test races?

Season 6 is scheduled to begin 25th July, meaning there is one test race scheduled for the 18th. However, I really would like it if tests could be organised on other nights. I really want to make sure the S6 cars are balanced before the season is go.

Has been a good season for me and the alfa; looking forward to the finale at Nurb.

I see you still haven't added my two 3rd place finishes at Rome to your spreadsheet Rolo... :sly:

Has been a good season for me and the alfa; looking forward to the finale at Nurb.

I see you still haven't added my two 3rd place finishes at Rome to your spreadsheet Rolo... :sly:

So many numbers, bound to miss one somewhere :sly:

No worries rolo.

We're gonna have to be on top of our game at Nurb to hold of the challenge from those pesky Hondas :sly:

If my boy hadnt of broke his leg and i didnt have to stay up the hospital then our team would of had a good advantage at this point but its nice the we go fighting to the last race 👍

Nurb GP/F this time round 👍.

2:14's was what I managed before start of season... the beemer should be fast round here; am sure it will be able to dip into the 2:13's

That's me screwed then, I'm currently doing low 2:16's / high 2:15's. My tune isn't working on this track at all, I've tried a couple of things but I'm yet to hit 'the sweet spot'. :(

Points now up 👍

skeng only really needs to turn up next week to clinch the Drivers' title (at last!)

The teams battle is by far the closer, with only 5 points separating SimTek and Team IVTec. If IVTec win, they will be the first team to ever win the crown twice.

Season 6 is scheduled to begin 25th July, meaning there is one test race scheduled for the 18th. However, I really would like it if tests could be organised on other nights. I really want to make sure the S6 cars are balanced before the season is go.

Gutted, i'm gonna miss 2 weeks whilst i'm on holiday

Back