<- BTCC-4 -> - SEASON COMPLETE - Strawman__Andy is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,917 comments
Quick pointer - if anyone reaches 6 penalty points after Thursday then you'll still get a one-race ban, which will apply whenever you next enter a BTCC series or race. May be the end of term but not an excuse for naughty driving!

Also, next week there will be a couple of things going on. There will be a test race for the Japanese one-make Cup (or maybe two), but also I think afterwards I'll host a free test session for the BTCC Season 5 cars. I'll post the list of cars and their specs in full in due course. If anyone disagrees with any or thinks there should be changes then at least they can be done nice and early 👍

Should be able to join you guys again for season 5.

Looking forward to the one make series, should be some good close racing

Should be able to join you guys again for season 5.

Looking forward to the one make series, should be some good close racing

1 make cup?

Could be interested in that!

Fired up GT for the 1st time in a while yesterday, will see how I feel after the 7 remaining hours of Tsukuba enduro!

Yeah, I've been doing around 1:36, 1:37...
However, the average time for this track with these cars is around 1:34, 1:33! :P

Well, I think some testing is in order tonight, catch up with the pack! :P
Still, good luck all for tomorrow's race! Remember to race tough! :D

So, tomorrow is the finale! Good luck to all :)

A little end-of-season treat for you all:

Season 5 Details:

Car List and Provisional Specs: (all cars have 305hp)

1100kg:

Renault Clio Renaultsport 2.0 16V '02

1200kg:

Ford Focus ST '06/ST170 '03
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04

1250kg:

Honda Civic Type R '01/'04
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '03 (this is the Standard one, not the alien Premium '04 version 👍)

1300kg:

Hyundai Tuscani CCS '03
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06 (Rear-Wheel Drive) (minimum weight 1305kg)

1350kg:

VW Scirocco R '10
BMW 120i '04 (Rear-Wheel Drive)

1400kg:

BMW 330i '05 (Rear-Wheel Drive)

As I've said, next week will not only be a test race for the Japanese Cup, but also afterwards an open test session for these cars. I'm telling you now so you can get buying and speccing in good time. 👍

----​

Calendar: (tracks not in order)

- Rome
- Grand Valley Speedway (Reverse)
- Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (Full Night Races)
- Nurburgring GP/F
- Cape Ring South
- either Autumn Ring or Monza (No Chicane)
- Indianapolis Road Course
- Fuji F

Trying to achieve a good balance here between fast circuits with many straights, which benefit the FFs, and the tighter, twistier stuff which benefits the FRs.

:)

Last edited:
i haven't taken a single lap so far at laguna seca... :(

concerning s5 i wouls suggest the cape ring outside it's a ver refreshing track. i'll look i f i have an alfa GT it would cool to drive one! :)

Hyundai Tuscani CCS '03, VW Scirocco R '10.👍 I like that S5 line up, looks interesting. Never thought about VW, Scirocco looks amazing.:drool:

The Car List looks good, and Ford's bacon is saved from Mazda! :P
However, Nissan and VW may be a threat for all drivers this season!

Regarding the Track List, I like the idea of a Night Race, takes me back to the 90s at Silverstone in the BTCC! :D

Could be down for this season, guess ill see how i feel after the GT/FRS/BRZ series if that's ok?

Interesting change in weights tho.......

Could be down for this season, guess ill see how i feel after the GT/FRS/BRZ series if that's ok?

Interesting change in weights tho.......

Sure 👍

Yup, the Honda was too dominant this season really. 9 wins out of 16 races so far is too much. The other changes should hopefully mean the whole field is very close.

One thing I will say to all is don't be surprised if your car is good on the straight circuits like Monza, but relatively poor on handling circuits like Autumn Ring (or vice versa). That's deliberate. Season 5 will be a real mix of both kinds of track, so that should hopefully mean lots of different winners!

Last edited:
I'm considering a rule for Season 5 where you must switch cars at the halfway stage of the season. There would be effectively two half-series running under the normal full-length season, and there'd be championship titles up for grabs for all 3 situations - Season 5.1, 5.2 and the whole of 5. 👍

The ultimate aim really is to try and keep interest up throughout the series.

I'm considering a rule for Season 5 where you must switch cars at the halfway stage of the season. There would be effectively two half-series running under the normal full-length season, and there'd be championship titles up for grabs for all 3 situations - Season 5.1, 5.2 and the whole of 5. 👍

The ultimate aim really is to try and keep interest up throughout the series.

I'm not such a fan of that. Changing cars mid point seems a bit odd, basically if you have made a mix of tracks, so what if you run all your disadvantage tracks then switch cars and you run disadvantage tracks again? Sounds complex and would involve more work to do

Back