<- BTCC-5 -> SEASON COMPLETE - skengdigi is the Champion!

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,166 comments

Who is the BTCC Rookie of the Season?

• Red_Leader

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • mosendtner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • TheOldStig

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PleaseD1e

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • acelera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SkengD
Season 6 after this or another one make series ?

S6 next. Thread is already up so if you're interested then go sign up :) After that it will be another one-make series. Depending on when GT6 is released and how long it takes to prepare the series on that game, there could also be time for something more.

It may be too much to hope GT6 will rekindle some old fires and get people to return?

Well I'm in for whatever you have planned for GT6, I just hope there are more new cars that can fit in with these regs! From the list posted on the home page so far it looks like we have the 2013 ST.

From what we've read a out GT6 PD know its difficult to set races up for series events so maybe they've built a new regs set up so we can apply regs to specific cars easier.

understood, guess i'll quietly sit out then :)

Or try and improve:idea: seems like a better bet looking to the future don't you think.:) Having to sit out because your worried about penalties sounds like your expecting to get them to me.:nervous:

Or try and improve:idea: seems like a better bet looking to the future don't you think.:) Having to sit out because your worried about penalties sounds like your expecting to get them to me.:nervous:

I agree with this completely.

:gtplanet: <- BTCC -> GT Academy Trophy :gtplanet:

So I had a little idea on my way home from work...

It's very simple - us BTCC drivers take on the GT Academy challenges, and earn points based on our rankings against each other in every test. The person who's the fastest gets most points, and therefore wins the Trophy!

To incentivise this a bit more, since everything is equal except driver talent, your rankings may well have a future bearing on things like success ballasts and car choices.

I'll reveal more about deadlines to submit times and such once I actually have the demo (downloading now...)

Sorry rolo, but I won't be able to attend Indy, and possibly the round after that as well.

It's very simple - us BTCC drivers take on the GT Academy challenges, and earn points based on our rankings against each other in every test. The person who's the fastest gets most points, and therefore wins the Trophy!

To incentivise this a bit more, since everything is equal except driver talent, your rankings may well have a future bearing on things like success ballasts and car choices.

I'll reveal more about deadlines to submit times and such once I actually have the demo (downloading now...)

Red_Leader is already number 1 in the world on one of them! :)

Red_Leader is already number 1 in the world on one of them! :)
Not in the one that counts though. And it is only day 1. I just got my time in nice and early; it's not really representative. Enjoying the new physics though. Weight transfer seems much more prevalent. Good signs for GT6 👍

Im not sure what to do. I downloaded the demo on my uk account and when i went to do the qualifier it said that my country, USA was not avalible. But i was able to make the leaderboard. Will i need to make a new account when the competition opens to actually record a time?

OK for the Trophy I will only count laps set with TCS off.

Deadline for times is Thursday 25th July, 7pm UK, when BTCC-6 kicks off.

I do not consider myself such a dirty, dangerous or unfair driver to deserve a race ban. I consider that as a great shame so i would like to avoid that. Also as rolo knows well i signed up only because i was supposed to have a teammate this season to train and race with.

Thanks sumo >_>

Since i have no team mate i lost most of my wish to improve and concentration. (my results in the last 2 seasons speaks volume).

I'm skipping this races because i do want to try and be back fresh on s6... i would hate to start with a race ban next season.

Also racing alone, with no chance for a single win, or good result i s demotivating. i was about to leave after i was sent out at fuji while 4th on last lap in the only decent race of my season and the one crashing me out had not even a warning... I'm really pissed off about that and it was one of the things that cooled my enthusiasm down.

i got penalties for far less than that and even 3 in 3 races in monza, mostly for avoiding crashes cutting a bit chicanes... the only 3 times i did cut for a mistake i did not take advantage of it avoiding going full throttle.

Hope i'll find a serious racer to team up with and get back my enthusiasm

I agree with this completely.

same as above.

nice idea, i like it :) i'll throw in a few laps just for the fun of it :)

So do we post all of our results after its finished or as we've done our best on each event?

Surely you can check on yours via your friend rankings!

So do we post all of our results after its finished or as we've done our best on each event?

Surely you can check on yours via your friend rankings!

Yeah I will be, plus I can check whether you used TCS or not. So you don't have to post them here.

25th deadline allows 3 days before GTA closes to gather all the results, just in case it goes offline after.

Yeah I will be, plus I can check whether you used TCS or not. So you don't have to post them here.

25th deadline allows 3 days before GTA closes to gather all the results, just in case it goes offline after.

I'm faster with no TC so no point using it.

That should make the Independents' title interesting! Can OldStig catch you up?
This will be very close if I can gain min of 50 independent points from each Indy and Nur GP/F
Indy so far is a nightmare for my focus, my best lap time is 43.5 :scared: theres too much understeer in the tight S-turns :grumpy:

plus the battle for 2nd in the manufacturers title will also be very close between Alfa, Ford and BMW :)

Last edited:
Thats quite a challenge you've set us there rolo but it should be fun,

(Ive noticed with each new GT game you have to be more precise with keeping the car in check to set good lap times, cus theres more to worry about, GT1 started of very basic and physics have improved with each game making it more challenging such as with GT6 theres quite a lot of body roll with the cars which isn't much of a worry in GT5).
The new improvements with physics engine, suspension, tyres and aero are very impressive but will take a little time getting used to.

Well done Red Leader for your position on the online ranking board :D

Rolo, can you please change my car to the Scirocco R '10?

I'm not getting on well with the Nissan, it's just too big and clumbsy and feels somewhat numb. If I'm going to come last at Indy, I at least want to have fun while doing it. The Scirocco is an animal. Lol

Thanks

Rolo, can you please change my car to the Scirocco R '10?

I'm not getting on well with the Nissan, it's just too big and clumbsy and feels somewhat numb. If I'm going to come last at Indy, I at least want to have fun while doing it. The Scirocco is an animal. Lol

Thanks

Yes sure, VW full again now. 👍

Back