FITT 535PP FR Tuner Challenge

There is a flaw with the guess thing. If you list your own, everyone can just piece it together from there. Maybe I should have all of you PM me your guesses instead and I will post on the forum how many you have correct.

So is the usual format for results what we are going with for this? If so I'll drop mine here and edit as I go. So far I'm glad to see the problems I was having with my car are consistent in my testing so far. I suck at Rome. :embarrassed:

• Tuner 1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 - 1'11.777 - 3.1
    Rear was difficult to tame on both entry and exit. Going up one gear on exit gave me more control but may be a tad slower. Never really got the first turn of T2 done right.
  • Tuner 2 - BMW M3 Coupe '07 - 1'11.503 - 4.2
    Consistent feel and response. I feel like it was better in early laps as the front got a bit sluggish as the tires warmed.
  • Tuner 3 - Viper GTS '02 - 1'12.637 - 4.2
    This car cannot be upset. Curbs, power, brakes, nothing takes it off balance. But maybe a touch conservative in gearing as it again lacks the speed I expected.
  • Tuner 4 - Corvette Zo6 - 1'12.270 - 3.7
    Stable unless you're putting your foot down on the curbs or paint. Lacks get-up-and-go.
  • Tuner 5 - Mercedes C63 AMG '08 - 1'12.682 - 3.8
    Expected tire smoking oversteer and got a touch of understeer instead. Like the C4 Vette I had to turn in earlier to compensate. Easy to handle but doesn't have the speed I expected.
  • Tuner 6 - Camaro SS '10 - 1'11.640 - 3.5
    Fantastic braking setup. Slightly twitchy on the curbs and some instability in T3 kept it from being better for me.
  • Tuner 7 - BMW M5 '08 - 1'10.826 - 4.9
    Felt like it understeers slightly under braking but near perfect otherwise. Fastest from the first lap and by a wide margin.
  • Tuner 8 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 - 1'13.333 - 2.2
    Pushy in long bends. Couldn't pin down the handling. Small margin between understeer and oversteer.
  • Tuner 9 - Camaro Z28 COUPE '97 - 1'13.408 - 1.8
    Trans can't make up for the omnipresent understeer, especially in the high speed bends. My wife has met her match for being pushy.
  • Tuner 10 - Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90 - 1'12.211 - 3.2
    Grab some No Doze for this one. Requires a lot of attention. Brakes don't suit my driving, too much rotation on entry. LSD could be loosened a click or two to hit that sweet spot.
  • Tuner 11 - Ferrari 599 '06 - 1'11.559 - 3.6
    Nice drive but felt disconnected coming uphill in T3. That area was a crap shoot for me and I'm not sure I did it the same way twice. Also felt like it didn't want to turn into that sharp right in T2.
  • Tuner 12 - Challenger SRT8 '08 - 1'11.810 -4.6
    I think the new Challengers are catastrophically ugly and would never touch one unless I had to. That said, this could be something I would have tuned. It was very familiar. Fought with a slight bit of understeer in the long high speed bends but it was very comfortable overall.
  • Tuner 13 - Lexus ISF '07 - 1'11.956 -4.4
    Another that could be mine. The trans took some getting used to with the eight speeds. I would also have gone a click or two lighter on the rear brakes to go in deeper and trail brake with a bit more stability.

Last edited:
Hi All
I'm not happy with my tune but i did 1:12.124 by it short time for me to drive it more so i hope it will do will in your hands tester . Have a good day every one .

ND

So is the usual format for results what we are going with for this? If so I'll drop mine here and edit as I go. So far I'm glad to see the problems I was having with my car are consistent in my testing so far. I suck at Rome

So do you guys normally add in the results when you've tested or leave them all to the end?

I was thinking maybe offering teaser times without the car, to keep up the suspense :lol:. I'll wait on a decision from the big cheese(s)...

I'm finding it hard to be consistent at Rome. I'm doing 15 laps as its taking me 10 to get reasonable times in each car - start to push and theres a barrier to be found. :dunce:.

Five cars so far, in random order, but I was surprised by difference in times. One is standing out...

There is a flaw with the guess thing. If you list your own, everyone can just piece it together from there. Maybe I should have all of you PM me your guesses instead and I will post on the forum how many you have correct.

Could we still use the spreadsheet to put down times? I'm not listed as a tester, but I found myself with some time this morning and borrowed the keys to a few and ran about 10 laps each writing down the best times...just a thought...would hate to see your hard work with the spreadsheet go to waste.

So is the usual format for results what we are going with for this? If so I'll drop mine here and edit as I go. So far I'm glad to see the problems I was having with my car are consistent in my testing so far. I suck at Rome. :embarrassed:

Tuner 1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08
Tuner 2 - BMW M3 Coupe Â’07
Tuner 3 - Viper GTS Â’02
Tuner 4 - Corvette Zo6
Tuner 5 - Mercedes C63 AMG Â’08
Tuner 6 - Camaro SS Â’10
Tuner 7 - BMW M5 '08
Tuner 8 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury Â’07
Tuner 9 - Camaro Z28 COUPE '97
Tuner 10 - Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90
Tuner 11 - Ferrari 599 Â’06
Tuner 12 - Challenger SRT8 ‘08
Tuner 13 - Lexus ISF ‘07

Yes. This format would work well.

So do you guys normally add in the results when you've tested or leave them all to the end?

I was thinking maybe offering teaser times without the car, to keep up the suspense :lol:. I'll wait on a decision from the big cheese(s)...

You can do a teaser type thing if you want. Maybe list just lap times until you've tested all 13?

Could we still use the spreadsheet to put down times? I'm not listed as a tester, but I found myself with some time this morning and borrowed the keys to a few and ran about 10 laps each writing down the best times...just a thought...would hate to see your hard work with the spreadsheet go to waste.

I will make a new spreadsheet and add you as a tester.

Tuner 6's car is now on share. FR sent to jtqmopar and Lionheart2113 also. Think I have everyone else, if i've not, let me know. Happy testing.

All cars on share except for one. The tuner has Bob breaking it in and expects to send to me after the weekend.

If you haven't already , please accept my FR on your second account.

So we can post our times on cars tested so far, just not the car associated with the time?

If you haven't already , please accept my FR on your second account.

So we can post our times on cars tested so far, just not the car associated with the time?

You can post car and time. Lionheart wanted to list just times for fun.

You don't know who the tuner is at this point, so go ahead and post car name, times and driver's choice.

Tuner 6's car is now on share. FR sent to jtqmopar and Lionheart2113 also. Think I have everyone else, if i've not, let me know. Happy testing.

I'll try to get on the PS3 later on tonight to accept, if not, it will be first thing in the morning...England time of course!

Updated with some times. Finished with everything on the GTP account and moving to biffa.

Updated with some times. Finished with everything on the GTP account and moving to biffa.

Some nice times there, Sir. I might have predicted the top two, but the rest of the field seems to have gone counter to what I was expecting. Less than a second covering 3rd to 9th, it's gonna be tight..!! :mischievous:

{Cy}

Some nice times there, Sir. I might have predicted the top two, but the rest of the field seems to have gone counter to what I was expecting. Less than a second covering 3rd to 9th, it's gonna be tight..!! :mischievous:

{Cy}

Looks very similar to the results I've been getting so far đź‘Ť. I thought a couple of cars felt fast but just didn't deliver the times.

I was a bit concerned with the first two cars I tried; I thought I was being a bit poor compared to my warm-up times. I was still getting used to using my wheel again though, so I might give them another few laps as they do look a bit off-pace compared to DigitalBaka's times and I don't want them to be disadvantaged by an unfair test.

Also, I must have used good cars to do my pre-test warm up laps. One of them wasn't picked by the tuners but it could have been a contender I think :sly:.

I was a bit concerned with the first two cars I tried; I thought I was being a bit poor compared to my warm-up times.

I'm the same way...I need to go back and redo the 1st 2 cars I tried, I would hate for them to be at a disadvantage just because they were the first ones out of the garage. Their times are slower than the others by quite a bit.

Hami, are you still working on the timesheet or did you want us to list the cars and times like DB?

Car choice seems to have played a fairly significant part, a spread of 2+ secs on a track that's only just over a minute long is pretty distinct.

Hami, are you still working on the timesheet or did you want us to list the cars and times like DB?

Please post like Digital Baka did. You should post times and some words about what you liked and maybe didn't like about the tune. How did it handle for you? That should lead to your driver's choice scores. I find that there are cars that drive very well, but the lap time just isn't there. I think its just something in PDs PP calc that gives some cars the advantage. If I think a car drives very well, it's going to get a good DC score from me.

We should probably just do a five point scale since noone really gives below 5's anyway on a ten point.

My ranking:
5.0 - among the best tunes that I have driven in the game.
4.0 to 4.9 - has maybe on minor flaw but very easy to overcome (example: rear kicks out slightly on the exit of the slow 2nd gear corner).
3.0 to 3.9 - with a few changes the tune would be more fun to drive or could really become a contender.
2.0 to 2.9 - Tune needs work. Some big things were overlooked. Hard to drive consistent laps.
1.9 and below - among the worst tunes that I have driven. Just doesn't fit my driving style at all.

Last edited:
Thanks Hami, good guidance on the DC score.

Should get a session tonight and hopefully post up some times tonight or tomorrow.

Hi my friends!

It was a great pleasure driving these supercars!
Many thanks to all the tuners for their really hard work!

Here are the results (15-20 laps, no walls touched):

Tuner 01 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08 - 1:12.278 DC 5.0

Tuner 02 - BMW M3 Coupe '07 - 1:12.364 DC 4.0

Tuner 03 - Dodge Viper GTS '02 - 1:13.044 DC 4.5

Tuner 04 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 - 1:12.916 DC 4.5

Tuner 05 - Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08 - 1:12.998 DC 1.5 :(

Tuner 06 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 - 1:12.248 DC 3.5

Tuner 07 - BMW M5 '08 - 1:11.214 DC 4.5

Tuner 08 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 - 1:13.729 DC 3.0

Tuner 09 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 - 1:13.421 DC 2.0 :(

Tuner 10 - Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96 - 1:13.094 DC 3.0

Tuner 11 - Ferrari 599 '06 - 1:11.824 DC 4.0

Tuner 12 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 - 1:12.333 DC 4.0

Tuner 13 - Lexus IS F '07 - 1:12.723 DC 5.0

Last edited:
10 laps each. DS3, auto shifting.

Tuner 1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione 08 - 1'11.460 - DC2.9
Catastrophic understeer in the fast, open corners, requiring exacting lines to be held. Couldn't get on the power soon enough either. Fast and gorgeous though.

Tuner 2 - BMW M3 Coupe 07 - 1'11.665 - DC4.7
The only thing that kept this car from beating the Alfa and the M5 was the entry and exit of the back straight. I'll take some of the blame, but it wasn't easy to gauge the braking and accelerating points. On my fastest lap, I nailed the entry and fluffed the exit, but I spent the rest of my time chasing that ghost. Sorry.

Tuner 3 - Viper GTS 02 - 1'13.180 - DC3.5
Weak on brakes and never made it into 6th gear. Fix both and I'm sure I could run 1'12s comfortably.

Tuner 4 - Corvette Zo6 - 1'13.016 - DC3.2
Another one difficult on the brakes. Some corner exit oversteer too, contributing to several messed up laps chasing the elusive 1'12 lap, sorry.

Tuner 5 - Mercedes C63 AMG 08 - 1'12.671 - DC3.8
Could have done with a little bit of camber to help it through the fast corners, requires precise lines to set a fast lap. With more grip in the corners and a gearbox tailored for the course (I never made it out of 5th gear) this car could have been a contender.

Tuner 6 - Camaro SS 10 - 1'11.735 - DC4.9
The most accomplished car here and the one I enjoyed driving the most. Not sure there's anything else that could be done to make it faster, well done.

Tuner 7 - BMW M5 '08 - 1'11.066 - DC4.2
Frustrating car, very disappointed to not hit a 1'10. Undeniably quick, makes better use of the gears than the Lexus. Just wish the rear end was better locked down on corner exit. I ran several laps that were at least 0.2 faster, but wheel spin thwarted me at the end of the back straight and on the start/finish. Great grip in the slower corners, along with good pace, this is what makes this car fast.

Tuner 8 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury 07 - 1'13.379 - DC3.0
Would have rather the rear was tamed using suspension and diff instead of using the aero. Still requires steady throttle control. Felt and sounded faster than it ended up being.

Tuner 9 - Camaro Z28 COUPE '97 - 1'13.088 - DC3.0
Would have liked slightly longer 4th and 5th gear. Not enough support on the front of the car, left loads of rubber on the track under heavy braking and wanted to push wide in the fast, sweeping corners.

Tuner 10 - Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96? - 1'12.752 - DC2.9
The car defines the racing line and there is little margin. Straight line braking is required, daren't go near them with the wheel turned. Couldn't get on the gas soon enough either. Good straight line speed.

Tuner 11 - Ferrari 599 06 - 1'12.000 - DC4.2
Lovely car to drive, mostly compliant, could get a little out of hand going into corners. Should have gone under 1'12.

Tuner 12 - Challenger SRT8 08 - 1'12.556 - DC4.5
Great handling car for its weight. I set a fast opening lap early on and spent the rest of my time trying to better it. I could with more time, just needs a careful hand.

Tuner 13 - Lexus ISF 07 - 1'12.567 - DC4.6
Mild understeer in the fast corners, good on brakes and corner exit. Lacks the pace of the faster cars, perhaps too many gears to be useful, although the M5 makes great use of it's 7 speeds.

Last edited:
The results are a little backwards from what I expected but I may go back and do a second run. I think I figured something out in T1 that may boost some times.

The M5 is almost unfair though! And I still have at least half a second more left out on the track. :eek: But that's OK. I think we needed to have some BMWs when talking of fine FR machines.

The results are a little backwards from what I expected but I may go back and do a second run. I think I figured something out in T1 that may boost some times.

The M5 is almost unfair though! And I still have at least half a second more left out on the track. :eek: But that's OK. I think we needed to have some BMWs when talking of fine FR machines.
I'm slow around this track, particularly the two double headers, probably because I use a controller. I imagine it'd be easier to hold my lines using a wheel. Another problem I have is that on a number of occasions, I absolutely nailed a lap up to the hairpin, but fluffed the final 3rd of the lap. This left me with the age old problem of racing against my own shadow!!
:tup:the alfa Romeo this impressing me their times
There's a reason for my time in the Alfa, but I can't say any more until we know who the tuners are đź‘Ť

{Cy}

Hello all

Testing almost complete, just waiting on tuner 2!

All cars run for 10 laps, using DS3 (d-pad rather than stick), all aids off except ABS 1, and with Automatic transmission.

I'll post in tuner order to keep up the theme, rather than my usual time order.

Tuner 1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
Time - 1:11:828
DC - 4.40
Throttle control required and you need to hit your lines. Good times available even though it's a little twitchy.

Tuner 2 - BMW M3 Coupe '07
Time - 1:11:792
DC - 3.90
Quick enough, but a tad unstable in my hands. Struggled in sector 3 with the quicker changes of direction. Struggled for consistency too.

Tuner 3 - Dodge Viper GTS '02
Time - 1:13:077
DC - 4.10
Very nice car to drive. A little understeer. Easy to get the power down. Able to take the longer corner flat. Very enjoyable car.

Tuner 4 - Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Time - 1:12:739
DC - 4.10
Another nice easy car to drive. Good under braking. Easy to get through the turns with a little oversteer on exit of the slower corners, mainly due to my button mashing!

Tuner 5 - Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08
Time - 1:13:109
DC - 4.20
I used this car in stock form to familiarise myself with the cicuit, and hated every minute of it!, However, loved how this drives. Not the quickest, but good effort.

Tuner 6 - Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Time - 1:11:873
DC - 4.10
Nice stable car. Good through the longer turns, a little oversteer on the slower.

Tuner 7 - BMW M5 '08
Time - 1:11:098
DC - 5.0
Thoroughly pleasant car to drive. Good speed, good turn in, good grip. No drama's at all with this one. Would have dipped into the 1:10's given a few more laps.

Tuner 8 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
Time - 1:13:726
DC - 3.50
This feels like a heavy car. Still quick thorugh the longer turns, but difficult to get thorugh the slower turns with any speed.

Tuner 9 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Time - 1:13:797
DC - 2.90
A mixed bag for me this one. Strange gearbox. Understeer, followed by excellent grip, then understeer again. Was difficult to predict.

Tuner 10 - Chevrolet Corvette GRAND SPORT (C4) '96
Time - 1:12:881
DC - 2.50
Understeer abundant here. Couldn't take the longer turns flat. Not much room for error.

Tuner 11 - Ferrari 599 '06
Time - 1:12:002
DC - 4.40
Very nice car to drive. Just the right amount of oversteer for me. Had a wall assisted 1:11:890!

Tuner 12 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
Time - 1:12:428
DC - 4.20
Expected it to handle like a boat, happily it didn't. Good handling, good brakes, easy to get the power down. Grips well through the longer turns.

Tuner 13 - Lexus IS F '07
Time - 1:12:285
DC - 4.20
Another nice car to drive. Good turn in, good brakes,easy to get the power down. Good effort.

Last edited:
I think it's great how close the times are. Just shows how much effort you tuners put in to make well rounded cars that everybody can drive. It also shows up small differences in driving styles between testers too.

Back