FITT 535PP FR Tuner Challenge

Congrats Hami on Member of the Week. I recommend everyone take a few minutes to see the more "human" side of Hami, it is very well done:tup:đź‘Ť

[post=8860826]Motor City Hami's Member of the Week Interview[/post]

Testing is complete.

Overall this is a nice set of cars, I have found a few gems, and a few that I shall continue to avoid, but it's been fun.

I can see my three favourites in there and one of them's a Chevy (whodathunkit?).

Last edited:
Congrats on member of the week MCH, great interview.

Yeah! It's nice to meet you, Hami! đź‘Ť :)

Congrats Hami on Member of the Week. I recommend everyone take a few minutes to see the more "human" side of Hami, it is very well done:tup:đź‘Ť

[post=8860826]Motor City Hami's Member of the Week Interview[/post]

Thanks guys. I'm honored.

Finished testing. Updated the first two times to reflect their potential in my hands/feet (sorry MCH for the extra admin). Not sure if it has changed much though.

I do feel that my laptimes are not too slow now after checking the google doc.

Looking forward to find out who tuned what. I only know a couple, the rest are still unknown but I thought that was better, left bias behind I think, even the unconscious kind.

Congrats MCH on the member of the week đź‘Ť that was a great interview . Well done đź‘Ť

ND

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone. I'm heading off to China tomorrow for 3½ weeks and it'll be hit and miss on being able to get on here. (Chinese governed routers are very specific on what sites you can go to ie. even facebook is a no no) I'll be anxious to see the final results of the the testing, who's won, and who has tuned what. Wanted to say congrats to Hami and thanks again for letting me in on this shootout. Until then, be safe, have fun, and take care.

All testing done with a DS3, ABS:1, and Grip:Real
Driving line was on so I could get a feel for all the cars in the first couple of laps, then find each one's best line through the turns. Everyone did a great job tuning, so don't take my reviews too hard. I'm sure if you tried some of my tunes they would work as well for you as yours work for me. It's all driving style.

1) Alfa Romeo 8C Competizone '08: 1:12.732 - 4.2
Laps got better towards the end, a nice rounded tune, no major complaints
2) BMW M3 Coupe '07: 1:12/953 - 3.7
Too much oversteer on corner entry, and it felt like I was fighting the car the whole time
3) Dodge Viper GTS '02: 1:14.400 - 3.9
Bad transmission tuning for speed, maybe a higher final drive would wake it up, as stated before the tires almost never went red
4) Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04: 1:13.204 - 4.8
My favorite so far. I wanted to keep doing laps, nice and stable, as long as I kept turing into the long left hander it would pull me back onto the line, even if I went too wide
5) Mercedes C63 AMG ’08: 1:14.366 - 3.4
Not my cup of tea, too loose and unpredictable. I could get better laps if I didn't have to wait for it to recover from slides, its saving grace was the seamless gear changes and nice acceleration (although one-tire-fire comes to mind with this one)
6) Chevrolet Camaro SS '10: 1:12.830 - 3.8
Nicely tuned, except for it being prone to snap oversteer going over the rumblestrips.
7) BMW M5 '05: 1:12.290 - 4.7
Amazing car, and I'm about 85% sure I know who tuned it, just by the way it handles and the gear changing. Got a perfect 2nd lap and just couldn't get any more out of it.
8) Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07: 1:15.011 - 3.3
Felt held back and I had a lack of confidence entering and exiting corners fast
9) Camaro Z28 COUPE '97: 1:14.453 - 3.4
Felt like the car was tuned just to get into and through 6th gear at every opportunity. Massive understeer at higher speeds and too much oversteer at corner exit.
10) [UCorvette Grand Sport (C4) ‘96[/U]: 1:14.117 - 3.8
When braking from a high speed the car was pulled to the right, massively. fast in a straight line, and mid-corner. Came out of the turns like a rocket as well, but corner entry problems killed it for me.
11) Ferrari 599 ’06: 1:12.829 - 4.5
I really wasn't expecting this car to behave as well as it did. A pleasant surprise and a fun drive. Kudos
12) Challenger SRT8 ‘08: 1:13.080 - 4.8
Just as fun as the 599, although it wasn't as fast I had more fun trying to find its limits.
13) Lexus ISF ‘07: 1:13.138 - 5.0
By far the best behaved corner carver out of the bunch. Not my fastest test car, but still fun. I will be making one of these with this tune.

Last edited:
Did tuner 10 use the Grand Sport or the ZR1? I think I know, but I'm going by the 2nd post for my results.

Did tuner 10 use the Grand Sport or the ZR1? I think I know, but I'm going by the 2nd post for my results.

I got confused by that as well, I used the second post as reference too, but I checked the links to the tunes and it's definitely the GRAND SPORT.

Sorry about the ZR-1 and Grand Sport confusion. The tuner changed at the last minute and I didn't get it updated in all places. Updated now.

I will update the new submitted times tonight.

Also, thank you everyone for the kind words on the Member of the Week. Not sure who nominated me, but I am really honored by it. And Praiano, I meant what I said about having really great respect for you, but I still don't like losing to you. Maybe on GT6 we could collaborate a little on a testing and tuning guide?

Sorry about the ZR-1 and Grand Sport confusion. The tuner changed at the last minute and I didn't get it updated in all places. Updated now.

I will update the new submitted times tonight.

Also, thank you everyone for the kind words on the Member of the Week. Not sure who nominated me, but I am really honored by it. And Praiano, I meant what I said about having really great respect for you, but I still don't like losing to you. Maybe on GT6 we could collaborate a little on a testing and tuning guide?

Hey Hamster, I nominated you about 3 weeks ago, not sure if that had an effect or not. Anyways, congrats on finally getting there, very well deserved my friend. :bowdown: I have nominated a few of my mentors in the past, glad to see one of you made it. đź‘Ť YOU COMPLETE ME. :lol:

Hey Hamster, I nominated you about 3 weeks ago, not sure if that had an effect or not. Anyways, congrats on finally getting there, very well deserved my friend. :bowdown: I have nominated a few of my mentors in the past, glad to see one of you made it. đź‘Ť YOU COMPLETE ME. :lol:

Thanks Cargo. Heard from another so the combination did it.

Not many guesses in my inbox for matching the tuners to the cars. So let's try this. Who tuned the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08? Everyone can guess, except for the tuner who built it. Post your guess right here in the forum. The first to guess correctly will get credit for uncovering who's the tuner.

I would have gone for Xande for the Alfa too. Despite my earlier, somewhat boastful claims, I'm only slightly certain on a few...

{Cy}

Gonna guess at Xande for that one.

CyKosis1973 for The Alfa?

I would have gone for Xande for the Alfa too. Despite my earlier, somewhat boastful claims, I'm only slightly certain on a few...

{Cy}

I don't know if only testers can guess a tuner but i would say NEWDRIVER for the Alfa.:)đź‘Ť

I'm gonna go for robrabbitman for the Alfa

Anyone can guess. Just don't comment on your own tune. No correct guess yet. Let's add these in. Who tuned these?

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08
Camaro Z28 '97
Corvette Zo6

Anyone can guess. Just don't comment on your own tune. No correct guess yet. Let's add these in. Who tuned these?

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08
Camaro Z28 '97
Corvette Zo6

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08 - Trackripper
Camaro Z28 '97 - Xande
Corvette Zo6 - krenkme

Back