FITT 535PP FR Tuner Challenge

I'll take a shot in the dark and say you did the Jag.

Why does everyone think that I painted mine green? I tried to pick Praiano colors. I should have done yellow so that everyone thought that mine was RJs. Good guess, but the Jag is not mine.

So who tuned the Jag?

Someone who appreciates BRG... I'd think Cy but didn't he say something about not wanting the premium XKR? (and presumably thereby removing the XK8 from a possibility)

Why does everyone think that I painted mine green? I tried to pick Praiano colors. I should have done yellow so that everyone thought that mine was RJs. Good guess, but the Jag is not mine.

So who tuned the Jag?

Xande1959 tune it .!?

Someone who appreciates BRG... I'd think Cy but didn't he say something about not wanting the premium XKR? (and presumably thereby removing the XK8 from a possibility)

You're right, I would have likely painted it that colour and I did ask to avoid the car after having already submitted it as a car in a previous event. For that one, I was going to go French Blue, but then I spotted that either yourself of Roj had published exactly the same car :mischievous:

Along the lines of your first assertion, I'm gonna say that my Hampshire brethren built the Jag, Lionheart. With a name like that, how can he have not submitted the Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag..?? :sly:

{Cy}

Dayum!! Really?? Didn't feel like one of his cars, and now I feel bad for marking him down on DC. Still, it's not like he's going to go without, that thing is seriously fast...

{Cy}

Yeah, Thanks for throwing me under the bus on the DC. :ouch: :lol:

I had the car set and ready to go but made a last minute tweak to gain .2xx on the mini chicane. Then I borrowed the car from Hami and binned it 3 times trying to match my fast lap. :banghead: It was never perfect before but I believe it was better. Oh well, I'm still happy with it and enjoyed tuning for the shootout.

Congrats Hami on earning Member of the Week 👍👍

Last edited:
Trackripper?

Someone's on the ball. :lol: Yeah, I figured the Jag would be a fun choice, and I didn't test anything else so I had no idea whether the times I was putting in were competitive. I ran fairly consistent 1.13.0xx's though, and occasionally broke into the 1.12's, so it's somewhat surprising given the poor driver than I am to see testers' times a tad slower. Maybe it's a driving style issue.

I'm a bit disappointed with the poor DC scores for the Jag so far though, think it shows just how high the bar is set by the top tuners in the community. Thought the Jag tune was pretty good in my hands, but when stacked against what I imagine is a Praiano M5, nope. :lol:

Yeah, Thanks for throwing me under the bus on the DC. :ouch: :lol:

I had the car set and ready to go but made a last minute tweak to gain .2xx on the mini chicane. Then I borrowed the car from Hami and binned it 3 times trying to match my fast lap. :banghead: It was never perfect before but I believe it was better. Oh well, I'm still happy with it and enjoyed tuning for the shootout.

As it stands, I've posted the second fastest time in your car, so at least I cupped your nuts before giving kicking you in them :mischievous: The reason I got narked with it is because it drives just like my car does on SH tyres and I'm looking at the clock thinking, Jeez, this thing could be epically quick. On the up side, it meant as I'd driven hundreds of miles using SH tyres, I found the lines quickly and set a pretty decent time. You know how middle of the pack my driving is...

Praiano has to be the M5

Seconded.
Thirded..!!

Or Hami's the M5 and praiano's the 599.
I reckon Hamster is either the Challenger or the Camaro and I think you're the other one :mischievous:

599 I'm clueless about, which might be a clue in itself. I'm saying Sam for the 599...

{Cy}

Praiano for the Ferrari?

Praiano has to be the M5

Seconded.

Or Hami's the M5 and praiano's the 599.

I imagine is a Praiano M5, nope. :lol:

Thirded..!! (Praiano M5)

I reckon Hamster is either the Challenger or the Camaro and I think you're (RJ) the other one :mischievous:

599 I'm clueless about, which might be a clue in itself. I'm saying Sam for the 599...

{Cy}

Hami, did you tune the Camaro SS '10?

Wow. You guys are in the right ballpark. I don't know if I want to reveal these yet? 💡 Let's go a little further. Praiano and I - our cars are in this list somewhere.

M5
Camaro SS '10
M3
Ferrari 599
Challenger

Which one for each of us and why do you think it? When I look at my tune, I can see some settings that resemble my style, but I walked a bit from my usual settings in a couple of areas and they look more like Praiano settings to me. On the other hand, when I look at Praino's tune, I can see some usual Praiano settings and some that seem to walk closer to my style. The odd thing is that the settings where I look more like Praiano, his look more like mine. I thought it would be quite difficult to pick between his and mine? To make it even more difficult, I built and painted Praianos car for him because he was traveling. The paint job probably won't help anyone get any closer. Which one for each of us and why do you think it?

M5 - Hami
Camaro SS '10 -Praiano
Very similar settings. While the Camaro is more like the work of Hami. The feeling that you both have changed the rear suspension settings. Hami used the rear suspension settings Praiano, Praiano and use yours. The camber on the M5 is similar to Hami, on the Camaro similar to Praiano. Clearance for M5 as in Hami, on the Camaro as in Praiano. LSD on the Camaro is very similar to Hami, on the M5 is more similar to Praiano. Here potatoes shipped in the trunk almost the same, although M5 - more Hami style. This is a Google translation. sorry

I don't want to believe you two took the rabbits... But I think you did. However, I think if it is M5/Camaro SS, it'll be Praiano with the M5 and Hami with the Camaro.

However, the Challenger and 599 could be either of them as well. M3 I doubt because gearing.

Stand back guys, I'm gonna take another shot in the dark. I'm packing buck shot too, so take a big step.

Praiano did the Camaro. It's got some funky numbers in there, uneven ride height, moderate dampers all round apart from the maxed front ext. Reversed toe as well.

Hami built the M5. Everything is a little more moderate and in order, but still quite funky. Also utilises reversed toe. Positive front toe is unusual. LSD brake isn't necessarily what I would expect, but then you are the Master of the diff, so.

I'm giving RJ the Challenger, particularly with Krenkers already accounted for, not sure who else would only take out one stage of weight from that tub and call it done :sly:

{Cy}

Well I know nothing about the tunes or who normally does what, so my guesses are 'uneducated' at best.

Still saying Praiano for the Ferrari
Hami for the M5 - his competitive nature and rigorous testing drew him to the best :lol:
I'd got Cy down for the M3 and DB for the Challenger

Will only confirm a few things for the moment... Some of you have named correctly for me and Praiano.

I don't want to believe you two took the rabbits... But I think you did. However, I think if it is M5/Camaro SS, it'll be Praiano with the M5 and Hami with the Camaro.

However, the Challenger and 599 could be either of them as well. M3 I doubt because gearing.

The M3 was NOT tuned by either me or Praiano. Good call on the gearing evidence. We both were pretty true to our theories on gearing. I will say that I tested some different gear box methods, but ended up being fastest with my tried and true way. Gearbox could provide some clues. I always, always, always do one thing with my gearbox numbers.

Stand back guys, I'm gonna take another shot in the dark. I'm packing buck shot too, so take a big step.

Praiano did the Camaro. It's got some funky numbers in there, uneven ride height, moderate dampers all round apart from the maxed front ext. Reversed toe as well.

Hami built the M5. Everything is a little more moderate and in order, but still quite funky. Also utilises reversed toe. Positive front toe is unusual. LSD brake isn't necessarily what I would expect, but then you are the Master of the diff, so.

I'm giving RJ the Challenger, particularly with Krenkers already accounted for, not sure who else would only take out one stage of weight from that tub and call it done :sly:

{Cy}

RJ did not tune the Challenger.

Well I know nothing about the tunes or who normally does what, so my guesses are 'uneducated' at best.

Still saying Praiano for the Ferrari
Hami for the M5 - his competitive nature and rigorous testing drew him to the best :lol:
I'd got Cy down for the M3 and DB for the Challenger

Cy did not tune the M3.
DB did not tune the Challenger.

Last edited:
CyKosis1973
*snip*

{Cy}

Well I have faith in my Clueless brother, and a fat Challenger must be NEWDRIVER :dopey:

Back