FITT 535PP FR Tuner Challenge

Mwahaha! I am a car thief! :mischievous: The M3 was my first choice from the get go because I've never driven it, odd though that may be. I thought about doing a California but I did that for the Tons of Fun event.

My results are complete now. Almost every car improved in time, some by quite a lot.

Mwahaha! I am a car thief! :mischievous: The M3 was my first choice from the get go because I've never driven it, odd though that may be. I thought about doing a California but I did that for the Tons of Fun event.

I've never liked the E92. It's always been similar to the C4 to me really, either too tight or too loose, never "right".

My results are complete now. Almost every car improved in time, some by quite a lot.

The No-Doze comment is about right. It's a very Corvettish Corvette. Also you beat my car with my car and I don't understand. :lol:

New leaders.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8785114#post8785114

Lap Times
1. BMW M5
2. Camaro SS '10
3. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
4. Ferrari 599
5. BMW M3 Coupe '07

Driver's Choice
1. BMW M5
2. Lexus ISF ‘07
3. Challenger SRT8 ‘08
4. BMW M3 Coupe ’07
5. Camaro SS ’10 & Ferrari 599 ’06

According to Google docs, that's how the DC awards turned out. If that's the case, thanks a lot guys, really glad you enjoyed the car and I'm delighted to see three 5.0s and only one below 4.0, maybe I'll try and pick a fast car next time :sly:

{Cy}

PS - Sorry for knocking you into 3rd place Sam, your car was faster than mine, as per usual :mischievous:

According to Google docs, that's how the DC awards turned out. If that's the case, thanks a lot guys, really glad you enjoyed the car and I'm delighted to see three 5.0s and only one below 4.0, maybe I'll try and pick a fast car next time :sly:

{Cy}

PS - Sorry for knocking you into 3rd place Sam, your car was faster than mine, as per usual :mischievous:

It's okay bro happy to see my car also in third place 👍 I didn't expect to have any rank in this shootout .
My car heavy but drive well and if you take it NURB RING you will know how this car very good for long races as she tuned there .

Congrats Cy and congrats all 👍 thank you MCH for this beautiful shootout and plus the hard work you did it you and the test driver to make it looks very good thank you test driver 👍

ND:dopey

It's okay bro happy to see my car also in third place 👍 I didn't expect to have any rank in this shootout .
My car heavy but drive well and if you take it NURB RING you will know how this car very good for long races as she tuned there .

Congrats Cy and congrats all 👍 thank you MCH for this beautiful shootout and plus the hard work you did it you and the test driver to make it looks very good thank you test driver 👍

ND:dopey
I think we did alright, Sir. Second only to Praiano, we must be finally doing something right :D

Thank you all jewelers for making these unpolished diamonds, real gemstones! 👍

Thank you for taking the time to test the cars, without you guys, we'd never know if we were doing the right thing or not.

Did anybody fancy running some of these cars tonight? I'll be on for the usual 450PP SH hoonery at The Ring...

{Cy}

Yes Sir I will be online today 7hrs from now to have fun with you guys 👍

Thank you all jewelers for making these unpolished diamonds, real gemstones! 👍

Thank you Sir for your time also testing our cars 👍

Edit @ Cy

We just got lucky to be next after Sir Praiano .

ND:dopey:

Last edited:
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. All correct. Lionheart impressed me with the 599. Very respectable tune.

New leaders.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8785114#post8785114

Lap Times
1. BMW M5
2. Camaro SS '10
3. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '08
4. Ferrari 599
5. BMW M3 Coupe '07

Driver's Choice
1. BMW M5
2. BMW M3
3. tie Ferrari 500 and Camaro SS '10
5. Alfa Romeo 8C

Thanks for that Hami. When I got the last pick for the original 11 tuners, I knew my luck was worse than DB's. It was a good car to start out with, but I can say that tune is from what I learned from most of you guys in this challenge. So thank you.

Hami- I think your Camaro should be in 3rd and not tied with me. If I had the time to do proper DC points, I would have scored your car higher than mine.

I hope to be there at about 17:30 GMT. :gtpflag:

I'll be there too, a long time we don't meet online..:)👍

Thanks to the testers and congratulations to everybody. Would like to have the internet online access earlier to be able to test all the cars by myself. I've builded and test around 6.

See everybody online later.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

HAMMY CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR TAKING THIS SIMPLE TUNER IN FITT. COULD HAVE IMPROVED MY CAR BUT I GOT TOO MUCH THIS M5 And Other BUT ALSO The ALFA ROMEO MY DIFFICULTY NOT ABLE To SPEAK ENGLISH:bowdown:

MY DIFFICULTY NOT ABLE To SPEAK ENGLISH:bowdown:

You do just fine 👍

I've opened a 450PP SH Nurb lobby, if anyone wants to join (1472-6118-3787-3250-1985). We can switch up to some 535PP at Rome, if you don't mind my old man, Sunday driving Lexus getting in the way :sly:

{Cy}

You do just fine 👍

I've opened a 450PP SH Nurb lobby, if anyone wants to join (1472-6118-3787-3250-1985). We can switch up to some 535PP at Rome, if you don't mind my old man, Sunday driving Lexus getting in the way :sly:

{Cy}
GOOD ROOM 450 PP CARS VARIED BUT VERY TIGHT CIRCUIT BUT ONE of the BEST and WELL DO MORE BUT for COMMUNITY:tup:

Well, what a great shootout. Congrats to Praiano and Hami, and all the other tuners deserve plaudits too. Sad to end my GT5 tuning "career" on such a low note, but not everything goes the way you want sometimes... :lol:

Yep, I pretty much no longer have access to a PS3, as I've gone to uni and such. Times have been good, scored one shootout win and been mostly consistent in others... :P You guys may see occasional tunes pop out from time to time, but as of now, trackripper over and out. :cheers:

GOOD ROOM 450 PP CARS VARIED BUT VERY TIGHT CIRCUIT BUT ONE of the BEST and WELL DO MORE BUT for COMMUNITY:tup:
Thank you Sir, it was good to have you race with us. Normally I run much smaller rooms. It is difficult to manage so many racers, sorry if you got knocked about by careless drivers.

I encourage people to report poor driving, I would rather kick poor drivers and keep the good drivers. With a smaller room, you will eventually end up with only good drivers and some very close racing. Everybody finds their place in the pack and fights fairly 👍

Well, what a great shootout. Congrats to Praiano and Hami, and all the other tuners deserve plaudits too. Sad to end my GT5 tuning "career" on such a low note, but not everything goes the way you want sometimes... :lol:

Yep, I pretty much no longer have access to a PS3, as I've gone to uni and such. Times have been good, scored one shootout win and been mostly consistent in others... :P You guys may see occasional tunes pop out from time to time, but as of now, trackripper over and out. :cheers:

You had a good run, Sir and probably did better than myself across all the shootouts we've competed in 👍

Knuckle down at Uni and make your grades, young man, the world is not an intrinsically kind place and you'll appreciate the advantages of a good education later in life, but if I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience*.

Drop by once in a while and let us know how you're doing, most of us oldies will likely be sat in the same tatty armchairs, drinking the same crappy beer and telling the same poor jokes :sly:

{Cy}

* Probably a bit before your time, Google "Baz Luhrmann - "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)"

if I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

That is very good advice.

Hey Laurent!
It was very nice having you in the room last night. You shouldn't quit because of bad drivers. You belong to the pack. Just report them, and they are gone. This way, we always have a very good time in the online races. Ghosting the racers isn't a good choice because the race becomes a banal time trial. IRL the bad drivers are a reality, but they are fined in a way or other.

See you online, my friend! 👍

Drop by once in a while and let us know how you're doing, most of us oldies will likely be sat in the same tatty armchairs, drinking the same crappy beer and telling the same poor jokes :sly:

Full of truth and wisdom this morning...:lol:

I wanted to get on last night, but I had too much to do in the end. Not that I am normally 'in the pack' beyond the first sector :dopey:. I'll keep a lookout for the rooms...probably after I've battled the woodworm in my floorboards :boggled: :grumpy: (it will proabably be GT6 by then).

Anyways, thanks for having me in the shootout. It got a bit gruelling, but I really enjoyed it and I'm continually impressed by what you guys manage to achieve with the cars.

Good work Hami for putting it all together 👍.

Hey Laurent!
It was very nice having you in the room last night. You shouldn't quit because of bad drivers. You belong to the pack. Just report them, and they are gone. This way, we always have a very good time in the online races. Ghosting the racers isn't a good choice because the race becomes a banal time trial. IRL the bad drivers are a reality, but they are fined in a way or other.

See you online, my friend! 👍

You're right, but they were really too much. I think anti colision resolve in this special case. I prefer racing normally of course. But this mess wasn't fun for me. I never race the Nordschleife above 8 people.
The best solution ,like i've said yesterday, is to race on NURB 24H. THe first part of the circuit will make the job and little packs of iqual drivers will form there , before the old straight track. Like this everybody can have fun at his own speed and level.
Anyway, we'll make this again, in better conditions i hop. We can have a lotof fun together again, another day.

Let's call this one finished. What a great final big shootout for GT5. The hidden tuner twist was great fun - thanks for the suggestion Praiano.

This field of cars was just awesome. It seems like everyone had fun. I did too. A few things that I noticed that should be mentioned. First, congrats to the podium finishers (posted below). It is good to see the lap time podium differ from the driver's choice podium. So congrats to CyKosis and Newdriver for picking cars that were more style than speed and building smooth rides. I think RJ needs a call out for picking a hard to tame standard version car and having lap times right in the middle of some quick premium rides. Also, Lionheart2113 gained some respect with his Ferrari 599 tune. I tested that car and considered it, but couldn't resolve the push issue. He did. What a fast tune.

Lastly, to Praiano. I still hate losing to you, but as always, nice work. You built the fastest tune of the group and have been selected as the driver's favorite. I look forward to competing with you again soon. Congratulations on the wins.

Official Google Docs Score Sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akr4MBOtjOcqdHlBcjBDQ21rT2xYbXlHX0dvR0xrOHc&usp=sharing

Final Results

Lap Time Winners
1. BMW M5 '08 tune by Praiano
2. Camaro SS '10 tuned by MotorCityHami
3. Ferrari 599 tuned by Lionheart2113

Driver's Choice Winners
1. BMW M5 '08 tune by Praiano
2. Lexus ISF '07 tuned by CyKosis
3. Challenger SRT8 '08 tuned by NEWDRIVER2

With that, this competition is now closed. Thank you again for all of those who built tune, test drove and just engaged in the conversation.

A final thought. We do have eight weeks until GT6 gets here and my real life summer racing season is complete. Is anyone up for a mini tuner competition? One car, one track... ?

You're right, but they were really too much. I think anti colision resolve in this special case. I prefer racing normally of course. But this mess wasn't fun for me. I never race the Nordschleife above 8 people.
The best solution ,like i've said yesterday, is to race on NURB 24H. THe first part of the circuit will make the job and little packs of iqual drivers will form there , before the old straight track. Like this everybody can have fun at his own speed and level.
Anyway, we'll make this again, in better conditions i hop. We can have a lotof fun together again, another day.

I totally agree and subscribe to the Nurburgring 24! 👍

So congrats to CyKosis and Newdriver for picking cars that were more style than speed and building smooth rides.
Can you tell that we've been building cars together for a few months now? :sly: Thanks to the testers that enjoyed the cars 👍

I totally agree and subscribe to the Nurburgring 24! 👍
I really don't like the Nurb 24H, but only because it's modelled differently to the regular version of the track. Plus, being a slow, old man, the driving line thing is completely different between the two tracks, causing me to miss all my braking points..!!

Next time, I'll host a small lobby like we normally do. It was a mistake to up the players to 16, I just wanted to make sure we all had enough room to get in. I think there were probably 7 or 8 (ex)community members on over the course of the evening 👍

Congrats to all the Winners and many thanks to Hami! 👍
Seconded, thanks MCH, it is much appreciated by us folk too idle to organise our own events..!!

{Cy}

I really don't like the Nurb 24H, but only because it's modelled differently to the regular version of the track. Plus, being a slow, old man, the driving line thing is completely different between the two tracks, causing me to miss all my braking points..!!
{Cy}

:lol: About the Nurb 24 - I believe diversity is always welcomed. Maybe you'd reconsider this wonderful circuit.

And I prefer more people on the track for having more victims beaten. :lol: 👍 :sly:

A final thought. We do have eight weeks until GT6 gets here and my real life summer racing season is complete. Is anyone up for a mini tuner competition? One car, one track... ?

If you'll have me, I'm up for another competition. I'll be back home by halloween and hopefully will have a little more time to play than this last challenge.

Side note-Great challenge and congrats to the winner and the other podiums. This being my first actual tuning challenge, I had a blast tuning and test driving some of this sites top tuners and their cars. Thanks again everyone.

Back