Pain!!!

GTP_BigKhunaseca
If anyone here has downloaded the game PAIN I would greatly appreciate any input on how to achieve several different goals, particularly the altitude...(300,000 ft. is really high =P) I have a few tips of my own for different parts of the game if anyone has an interest. I found the game to be quite a blast, no pun intended, worth ten bucks for sure!

Thanks, BKS

What what this for then?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103694

If the other wasn't answered, why making the exact same question again on a new and similar thread? Ok, the thread title now has a few exclamation points to grab attention, but that's not the point.

I'd love to be able to help you, but I don't have the game. As most people here, since it's a not very common game around.
Just give it a little more time, and I'm sure someone who has it will see the thread and help you out. 👍

If no one answered the thread.. maybe double post so it can reapear on the first page? Its better then making a new one.
By the way I was just playing it Yesterday, and see the award in black. I wonder how to archieve this..

This game is alot of fun, pretty cheap too.

DSCN1651.jpg

DSCN1653.jpg

I've now added some PAIN to my life. It so far is taking a bit of work to naturally do things, but it is a kick in the nuts to play.

My wife has never rolled her eyes at a game more then this one!

I've now added some PAIN to my life. It so far is taking a bit of work to naturally do things, but it is a kick in the nuts to play.
If you wish to know how to get the big scores to unlock Aftermath let me know. It isn't exactly obvious, and it feels cheap, but it is the only way I have seen it and other major high scores done.

My wife has never rolled her eyes at a game more then this one!
This is definitely an anti-wife game, especially after you add the santa's helper, cheerleader, and nurse characters.

Now, if they can only allow us to play the two player stuff online. I would love to play some people at HORSE or even Bowling.

If you wish to know how to get the big scores to unlock Aftermath let me know. It isn't exactly obvious, and it feels cheap, but it is the only way I have seen it and other major high scores done.

How big of scores are we talking here? So far I can get some totals of 400,000 with grabbing on to the bowling ball. That's a fun ride down to the street.

I need some serious work on spanking my monkey faster.

Now, if they can only allow us to play the two player stuff online. I would love to play some people at HORSE or even Bowling.

That would be brilliant!

How big of scores are we talking here. So far I can get some totals of 400,000 with grabbing on to the bowling ball. That's a fun ride down to the street.
1,000,000 points to unlock Aftermath. I have a high score of nearly 4 million.

I need some serious work on spanking my monkey faster.
Once you get really adept at the controls and learn where the monkeys pop up it gets easier.

I still can't throw a mime properly. I struggled my way to gold but the harder difficulty that unlocks I struggled for a bronze.

1,000,000 points to unlock Aftermath. I have a high score of nearly 4 million.

Ah...That shouldn't be too difficult to get to 1 mil.

Once you get really adept at the controls and learn where the monkeys pop up it gets easier.

Sometimes, right in mid shot I hit R1 for no apparent reason. :banghead:

I still can't throw a mime properly. I struggled my way to gold but the harder difficulty that unlocks I struggled for a bronze.

Yeah...I tried that for a bit and figured I better come back to that after more practice.

Ah...That shouldn't be too difficult to get to 1 mil.
It's harder than it looks, until you figure out the trick. Then you just go, duh!

Sometimes, right in mid shot I hit R1 for no apparent reason. :banghead:
Been there, done that. It's worse if you do it in a close game of bowling.

Yeah...I tried that for a bit and figured I better come back to that after more practice.
It is hard to predict those ragdoll physics and how they react to 1) you grabbing a mime in mid-air, two the mime flailing about, and 3) the opposing forces upon release slightly altering both your and his spin. Because you don't want to hit the glass yourself. It penalizes you for that.

TB
TMI. :ill:

And sig'd :dopey:

It's nice that you linked it to the post but I could edit the post and act like it never happened. Anyway...as they say 'bad press is better then no press at all'. I knew, using those words in that order might garner some kind of reaction of someone hasn't played the game.

It's harder than it looks, until you figure out the trick. Then you just go, duh!

I'm stubborn like that and will have to figure it out myself, unlike the ton of noobs looking for GT5P game saves around here.

It is hard to predict those ragdoll physics and how they react to 1) you grabbing a mime in mid-air, two the mime flailing about, and 3) the opposing forces upon release slightly altering both your and his spin. Because you don't want to hit the glass yourself. It penalizes you for that.

It looks like the key is going to be is mastering the OOCH factor to succeed in that challenge.

It's nice that you linked it to the post but I could edit the post and act like it never happened. Anyway...as they say 'bad press is better then no press at all'. I knew, using those words in that order might garner some kind of reaction of someone hasn't played the game.
Damn you for finding a loophole in my plan!

You are correct - I haven't played Pain, but looking at the backgrounds and add-on's in the PS Store, I have a pretty good idea that there are plenty of things in the game that I don't need my 4 year old seeing just yet. :lol:

I'm stubborn like that and will have to figure it out myself, unlike the ton of noobs looking for GT5P game saves around here.
Have fun. A simple You Tube search reveals it.

But just for fun I suggest trying to get into the factory chimneys and catching the subway in the station. Those are good fun, and depending on how it works out you may or may not be able to get any more points after that.

Oh, and have you grabbed a swinging girder yet?

It looks like the key is going to be is mastering the OOCH factor to succeed in that challenge.
The real trick is knowing your strategy. The normal level has the glass somewhat lined up so you can take out a section at once and then try to have yourself fall in the holes you leave after that. The hard level, however, is a bit more random in its placement.

I think people who haven't played PAIN give it a bad rap because it appears to be stupid sophomoric humor, but a lot of thought and strategy is involved.

Oh, and on the Pain blog they announced that they will be having a free update eventually that will place your launcher in new areas. And they are working on an expansion level that will be an indoor amusement park.

But just for fun I suggest trying to get into the factory chimneys....

Oh, and have you grabbed a swinging girder yet?

I've done the chimney bit while spanking the monkey but not during the point challenge.

I've tried to get the girder a few times but haven't succeeded. :grumpy:

Oh, and on the Pain blog they announced that they will be having a free update eventually that will place your launcher in new areas. And they are working on an expansion level that will be an indoor amusement park.

You of all people will be all over an amusement park level.
yesnodrg9.gif

I had a 2.1 million shot last night. 👍👍

I'm still not sure exactly how it happened. I believe the trick you were hinting to was grabbing on to a car? For some reason I got dragged over a man-hole and it looked like that flashed up a 50x score. I'm still not sure as it happened so fast that I couldn't tell what was what. :confused:

I had a 2.1 million shot last night. 👍👍

I'm still not sure exactly how it happened. I believe the trick you were hinting to was grabbing on to a car? For some reason I got dragged over a man-hole and it looked like that flashed up a 50x score. I'm still not sure as it happened so fast that I couldn't tell what was what. :confused:
Well, that is the other way. The way I was pointing to was landing in the middle of the second street and getting hit by a car, and then Ooching to the other lane to get hit by a car and back and forth, as the traffic is frequent enough that your time will never run out. As long as you don't get stuck under the truck tires or cause a car to wreck you can do it indefinitely.

I'm sure you could combine the two as well.

EDIT: You do know there is a replay feature, right?

Also, a bit of an update, here is what will be in the PAIN update when it rolls out:

PAIN Blog
New PAINdemonium layouts: We asked you which mode you enjoy the most and the VAST majority chose PAINdemonium. We moved the launcher to two different spots, and created brand new trophies. If you don't think this is going to change your experience, think again. Personally, I'm so used to the launcher being in our "default" position that even looking at the new layouts get me amped. I look forward to hearing your reactions. The new layouts are called Destruction and Block Party.

Check out the screenshot section to see where the launcher placements are for Demolition and Block Party. Remember: new PAINdemonium layouts also mean new layouts for HORSE as well.

New In Game Music Player: An overwhelming amount of you wanted MP3 support NOW. We made it happen. With the new update you will be able to play your own music inside PAIN. AAC support will have to wait. You all said you wanted MP3 support now so it’s in.

Multiple Character Select: Playing a Multiplayer game and tired of using the same character? Okay, we now allow you to select different PAIN characters to launch into action.

Gold Member Club: Got all Platinum medals? Think you're done? We don’t think so. We made all new layouts that are even tougher. We also created a separate leader board only for those people who have all Platinum medals. You don't have to worry about rookies or noob scores here. If you have scores on the Gold Member Club leader boards you are already awesome. If you don't have all platinum medals you better get crackin'. Gold Member Club access means you get new layouts for: Spank The Monkey, Mime Toss and Fun With Explosives. You can't buy your way into this Club. The only way to get this content is to be awesome at PAIN.

And then in a respone to a comment they said this:
When the Online Multiplayer functionality is released it will be the perfect addition to PAIN (as it will give people a chance to play with/against players more on their skill level). It will also raise the collective level of skill.

Looks like you and I will get to go Bowling and play some HORSE, UnoMOTO. You better bring your game because I can score well over 200 in Bowling. So you had better time your distractions just right. God knows my brother-in-law can't.

Well, that is the other way. The way I was pointing to was landing in the middle of the second street and getting hit by a car, and then Ooching to the other lane to get hit by a car and back and forth, as the traffic is frequent enough that your time will never run out. As long as you don't get stuck under the truck tires or cause a car to wreck you can do it indefinitely.

I'm sure you could combine the two as well.

I was trying that too, but many times I would cause a pile up and the street would get blocked off.

EDIT: You do know there is a replay feature, right?

I do and I did watch the replay but I don't think it showed what action earned the specific amount of points. I think it only showed the total and it doesn't recount point by point...or does it?

Looks like you and I will get to go Bowling and play some HORSE, UnoMOTO. You better bring your game because I can score well over 200 in Bowling. So you had better time your distractions just right. God knows my brother-in-law can't.

That’s gonna be a heap of fun. I have lots to work on before the release. I’ve only tried the bowling one time. Then there is some Drunken on-line HORSE play. My side already hurts from the laughing that it may cause.

I was trying that too, but many times I would cause a pile up and the street would get blocked off.
It is tricky to get it right. If you do it in the first street the cars hit the road work and if you are too close to the intersections then the cars will wreck.

I do and I did watch the replay but I don't think it showed what action earned the specific amount of points. I think it only showed the total and it doesn't recount point by point...or does it?
No, it doesn't. Good point. But how long did you hang on? The more objects you hit the more your multiplier adds up, so it is possible you just bounced on things repeatedly until it just added up.

That’s gonna be a heap of fun. I have lots to work on before the release. I’ve only tried the bowling one time. Then there is some Drunken on-line HORSE play. My side already hurts from the laughing that it may cause.
My question for you is, how good is your aim? Can you hit a sign, or even a specific piece of cereal? :mischievous:

No, it doesn't. Good point. But how long did you hang on?

The whole shot kinda went down like this.

I shot for the top of the hotel, then bounced down to the street and went back and forth off a few cars (like you mentioned). That put me over the million mark. I then grabbed the car which only dragged me from the middle of the lower street to the corner. During that drag time I literally added around a million points which took up all of about ten or less seconds.

My question for you is, how good is your aim? Can you hit a sign, or even a specific piece of cereal? :mischievous:

Ah yes…I see the trash talk cereal boy. My aim is good enough to put a rump square in the forehead of a scantily clad female that you can’t see from the launch pad.

The whole shot kinda went down like this.

I shot for the top of the hotel, then bounced down to the street and went back and forth off a few cars (like you mentioned). That put me over the million mark. I then grabbed the car which only dragged me from the middle of the lower street to the corner. During that drag time I literally added around a million points which took up all of about ten or less seconds.
Very nicely done, sir. I still don't know how that gave you so many points.

Ah yes…I see the trash talk cereal boy. My aim is good enough to put a rump square in the forehead of a scantily clad female that you can’t see from the launch pad.
Give a guy a giant slingshot and the next thing you know he's trying to abuse women who just want to get some sun.

OK, so I was just over at the PAIN! blog. First off it looks like we can expect our next update with bug fixes, new Downtown launch positions, and music player next month.

And here are some screenshots:

New launch positions:
image.axd

image.axd

MP3 Player:
image.axd

image.axd

And here is some concept art for a possible new zombie character:
image.axd

image.axd

New PAIN! news from the PAIN! blog.

http://pain.us.playstation.com/post/2008/05/The-17-Update-Cometh.aspx

Hey all,

Coker here from the PAIN team with a quick look at our 1.7 update that’s coming in June. We’ve made some changes and added some goodies for you including new launcher locations and some more trophies, and I think you’ll dig it. Let’s take a look:

We have two new layouts in this patch, each with its own Leaderboards and trophies.

Block Party
image.axd

This is the first unlockable layout, with the launcher placed on the opposite side of Downtown. It’s up above and to the side of the subway entrance, and the new perspective opens up some new possibilities. Of course, we wouldn’t leave it at just that. You’ll find a few characters standing around here and there on the tops of buildings (good for snatching, dragging, and chucking), and there’s a huge industrial vent in the construction site that can help you keep your momentum going.

I don’t want to tell you exactly how to unlock Block Party, but I WILL tell you that it’s a intriguing story between a launch character and an old lady, and it’s filled with danger, romance, and probably some Ooch. Fear not - the Trophy Room will give you more information than I will.

Demolition
image.axd

This layout puts the launcher right in the middle of Downtown, between the massage parlor and the Lucky Pierre café, and it’s facing the construction site. We experimented with making the launcher rotate 360 degrees on this one, but we found that it took a lot of the improvisation and challenge out of the level. Still, there’s plenty to do. Want to get your character back to the subway side of Downtown? No problem. Just launch at one of the exploding tanks in front of you and ride the blast back.

“But Coke, how do I unlock Demolition?”

Well, as you already know, I don’t want to ruin it for you, but I WILL tell you that it’s an epic, dramatic tale of a girl in a bikini, exploding throw crates, and a jerk like yourself in a giant launcher causing PAIN. Once again, the Trophy Room will reveal more than I.

Trophies

The new Block Party and Demolition layouts wouldn’t be complete without some new trophies, so be ready for some new challenges. Clearly, I hate to be a spoiler, so let me just say that the new trophies run the gamut from balls to bombing monkeys to snatching boxes to swinging on poles. Needless to say, it’s as twisted as you’d expect in PAIN, and they’re quite a lot of fun. There are over a dozen new trophies so have fun getting them all in.

Platinum Club

Are you good at PAIN? Okay, how about GREAT at it? If so, you’ll enjoy the new Platinum Club challenges. Once you’ve earned Platinum Trophies in Spank the Monkey, Fun With Explosives, and Mime Toss, you can take on a new level of difficulty. This is pretty much for the elite among you, so if you’re nice with yours, keep practicing and be ready since each Platinum Club will have its own Leaderboard. If you’re not so good yet, now’s the time to get your skills in order.

Jukebox

If you’ve ever wanted to listen to your own music on the PS3 while listening to PAIN, this is your lucky patch. We’re including a Jukebox that lets you play your favorite MP3s while you’re in game. If you haven’t done so already, get together some of your most PAINful tracks together on your PS3’s hard drive, make a playlist (or several) on the Xross Media Bar, and when you get the patch, you can choose to play your playlists, play a particular album, or a particular artist. It’s a beautiful thing. The Idol Minds team says that they have a lot of fun listening to Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World” while playing. Personally, I’m rockin’ Method Man’s “Bring the Pain” pretty much every time I launch. It just feels right.

Note – At this time, we will only be supporting the MP3 format. AAC support will be coming at a later date.

Nigel

Although I consider myself one of the most diabolical Haters this side of the Mississippi, Nigel, our new character from across the pond, is one bitter, bitter man. Clad in black leather and sporting a giant spiked Mohawk, he head bangs and stomps his way into PAIN with a vengeance, and he doesn’t care if you like it or not. Hardly the perfect English gentleman, Nigel is rude, crude, and ready to mosh into Grannies, cow suits, subway cars, and whatever else you can throw at him….and what you can throw HIM at, I guess. As always, you can expect a pretty killer PS3 Theme to go along with Nigel, too.

Character Select

Since we’re on the subject of new characters, I should mention a change to character selection, too. Currently, if you’re playing HORSE, Bowling, or Fun With Explosives, everyone plays as the same character. With the new update, each player now has the option to choose whoever they want to play.

General Goodies

Some of you have commented about it taking too long to boot PAIN up. Well, you’ll now be able to skip through the starting logo sequence if you so desire. Also, in preparation for what will eventually be an overhauled Replay system, we allow you to turn off the User Interface when you’re playing or when you’re watching replays. It makes everything a lot cleaner, especially for replays. You’ll also notice some new ads around Downtown. We’re going to be previewing some of the content for the upcoming Amusement Park expansion for PAIN, so check it out if you want a peek into PAIN’s future.

I hope that gives you all a feel for what’s coming with this new update. It’s going to be good, and it’s going you keep you in fighting shape for the Amusement Park. And with online Multiplayer, you need to be ready to BRING it! As usual, you don’t have to do anything special to get the patch when we release it. Just fire up the PS3, connect to PSN, and when you start PAIN, the patch will download and install automatically. Oh, and it’s free. Did I mention that? It’s my favorite price.

Time to get back to the launcher. I’ve got Monkeys to spank. Peace, y’all.

Jason Coker

Associate Producer | PAIN

Also, later in the comments section someone mentioned making replays useable with the new YouTube functionality of the PS3. It got a response from one of the other producers that said he couldn't give more details but that we will like their new replay functionality and followed it with:
GREAT IDEA.

And leave it at that. Mmmmkay. You guys read between the lines pretty well.
So, it looks like we will be able to upload replays from within the game. Sweet.

He also said that the online multiplayer will be in version 2.0, which will come out with the Amusement Park level (no ETA given).

Then after that they said they are working on a Darts mode.

I'm just bringing the PAIN! news

Back