Status
Not open for further replies.

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
For those who instantly recognize those three initials, there need be no further explanation. For those who you don't, the WTC, or World Tour Competition is a series of time attack events set on several locations with the fastest of the fast coming out on top after amassing a score higher than those also in competition. This time around however, the prize isn't just knowing who the fastest in the pack is, this time I will reward the winner a full 1-Year (Annual) Premium subscription here at GTPlanet. More information to come throughout the week, and if you're interested (and why wouldn't you be?) sign up now!

TF Racing Presents the first season of the new Time Attack World Tour Competition, exclusive to F1 2010.

Here are the rules, regulations, and points system for the F1 WTC.

Points System

1st Place - 25 Points
2nd Place - 18 Points
3rd Place - 14 Points
4th Place - 10 Points
5th Place - 9 Points
6th Place - 7 Points
7th Place - 6 Points
8th Place - 4 Points
9th Place - 2 Points
10th Place - 1 Point

Rules and Regulations

1. Any event held under this competition is entirely subjective to the circumstances provided. The events will range from restricted to open base rules.
2. The use of any vehicle specified within the competition parameters will be used without any disagreement hereafter.
3. Any vehicle issued within a specific round will be tuned to the parameters of the track selected by the provider of the event itself. Private tunes are NOT allowed unless noted otherwise.
4. If any participant in the event is suspected of, or has been proven to exhibit the propensity to cheat in any round of this tournament he or she will be disqualified immediately from the rest of the remaining competition, and any points earned will be forfeited.
5. All assisted driving aids are to be used at the discretion of the driver.
6.You must stay within the confines of the respective track, if more than two wheels touch any surface other than the track itself your lap time is invalidated and will not count.
7. You may not discuss your lap times until a final time is posted.
8. Final lap times must be sent to me (via PM) before the deadline, and please, only one entry per person. Times will then be posted here after the deadline has been met.
9. Practice sessions are allowed unless noted otherwise, however, you must practice beforehand. Practice sessions will not be allowed on the day the event is scheduled to take place.
10. The winner of each session will have the option of specifying the parameters of the next event (e.g...track location, chassis, tune, tire use).
11. Make-up events will be allowed unless noted otherwise. In the event such is to take place, every participating member will be required to attend the make-up event. However, additional points will not be rewarded to those who have already participated in the originally scheduled event. In the event that a make-up is sanctioned, the minimal requirement for such is no less than three (3) participants who missed the originally scheduled event, and only if more than 1 of those participants (however many there are) wishes to exercise this regulation. I simply will not hold a make-up event for a lone participant.
12. New participants will not be allowed to enter after the third round has occurred.
13. Leaderboard times for any track are completely and utterly non-compliant.
14. Times submitted after the deadline are subject to a 0.250 time penalty.
15. In the case of participants that are already in possession of a Premium subscription, if said subscription has an expiration date that exceeds three months from the end of this competition, said member participating in the WTC will forfeit the PSC to the runner-up. However, in the situation that more than one Premium subscriber, who, according to the opening half of this rule will forfeit their winnings due to an expiration date that exceeds 3 months, occupy first, second, and third places (or any place thereafter in succession), all three contenders will be automatically eliminated, and a 'Checkpoint Race' will be issued to determine the new winner. If such is to happen again, the same process of elimination will ensue until a suitable participant has won.

- Most importantly, and above all else let's keep this honest.

TF Racing - Race to win. Speed to exceed.

Current Participants

Terronium-12
NITROVIOUS
icelt
LewyOs
Sureboss
oskierox
Kneedragger
in.s@ne
DOUQA
LegendaryNiNJA
Boundary Layer
Dessy182
United6694

Results (As of Round 1)

1st: p1Timo - 1:50.142
2nd: Kneedragger, LewyOs - 1:50.277
3rd: Terronium-12 - 1:50.956
4th: icelt - 1:50.995
5th: Dessy182 - 1:51.477
6th: Boundary Layer - 1:51.678
7th: NITROVIOUS - 1:52.780
8th: oskierox - 1:53.546
9th: in.s@ne - 1:55.104
10th: akmuq - 1:56.075 [+ .250 time penalty]
11th: grafpt - DNP
12th: DOUQA - DNP

Results (As of Round 2)

1st: LewyOs - 1:21.750
2nd: Kneedragger - 1:23.017
3rd: p1Timo - 1:23.247
4th: Dessy182 - 1:23.448
5th: oskierox - 1:23.883
6th: icelt - 1:24.053
7th: Boundary Layer - 1:24.668 (1:24.418 + 0.250 Penalty)
8th: Imari - 1:24.729
9th: in.s@ne - 1:25.022
10th: NITROVIOUS - 1:25.183
11th: Terronium-12 - DNP
12th: grafpt - DNP
13th: akmuq - DNP
14th: DOUQA - DNP

Results (As of Round 3)

1st: Dessy182 - 1:11.905
2nd: Kneedragger - 1:12.739
3rd: LewyOs - 1:12.807
4th: Sureboss - 1:14.377
5th: Terronium-12 - 1:15.030 (Drat!)
6th: icelt - 1:15.350
7th: Imari - 1:15.375
8th: NITROVIOUS - DNP
9th: Boundary Layer - DNP
10th: oskierox - DNP
11th: in.s@ne - DNP

Results (as of Special Event 1)

LewyOs - 1:22.316
Dessy182 - 1:22.716
DOUQA - 1:22.783
NITROVIOUS - 1:23.650
Sureboss - 1:23.885
Terronium-12 - 1:24.023 (The time to beat)
icelt - 1:25.335 (1:24.835 + 0.500 time penalty)
Kneedragger - DNP
oskierox - DNP
Boundary Layer - DNP
in.s@ne - DNP
Imari - DNP

Results (As of Round 4)

LewyOs: 1:40.555
NITROVIOUS: 1:43.705
Sureboss: 1:44.940
icelt: 1:46.136
United6694: 1:46.956
Dessy182: DNP
Terronium-12: DNP
DOUQA: DNP

Results (As of Round 5)

LewyOs - 1:26.486
NITROVIOUS - 1:28.855
icelt - 1:29.013 (1:28.763 + 0.250)
Sureboss - 1:29.684
Terronium-12 - DNP
United6694 - DNP

Results (As of Round 6)

LewyOS - 1:35.865
Terronium-12 - 1:36.092
NITROVIOUS - 1:37.130
icelt - 1:37.805
Sureboss - DNP
United6694 - DNP

Drivers Standings

LewyOs - 182 points
Dessy182 - 80 points
NITROVIOUS - 77 points
icelt - 64 points
Terronium-12 - 55 points
Kneedragger - 54 points
Sureboss - 52 points
p1Timo - 39 points
DOUQA - 28 points
Oskierox, Boundary Layer - 13 points
United6694 - 9 points
Imari -8 points
in.s@ne - 6 points

First Round - Begins 10:59 PM Monday, November 1st.

Welcome to the opening round of the Forumla 1 Time Attack World Tour Competition, or F1 WTC in native shorthand. The first round will take place in the Middle East; Sakhir, Bahrain to be exact - that's right, behold the Gulf Air Bahrain International Circuit. The opening scene to the 2010 season, and the opening scene to the F1 WTC. A track where your greatest and fiercest allies are responsiveness and outright acceleration, to come in first you must be aware of what lies ahead. Set amidst a desert setting, Bahrain is perhaps the greatest challenge in terms of environmental productivity, not only must you perform within the weather conditions that a desert presents but you simply mustn't falter. Who will come out on top?

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the VJM03 Force India-Mercedes chassis only.
2. Throttle mapping is restricted to 'Standard' only.
3. Tuning is permitted.

First Round - Ends 11:59 PM Thursday, November 4th.

Second Round - Begins 10:15 PM Saturday, November 6th.

Welcome to the second round of the Formula 1 Time Attack World Tour Competition. The first round took place at Bahrain International Circuit and was the opening bout to a second place tie, what tales of amazement await for Round 2? Round 2 takes place in Albert Park - that's right, welcome to the Melbourne GP Circuit. Melbourne is the second round of the official 2010 season, and will be the second round to the WTC. A track where your best friend is speed and acceleration, but all is worthless without the proper amount of downforce and braking...overstep any boundary and you'll find yourself in a dirt trap.

1. This competition is restricted to the Red Bull-Renault RB6.
2. Throttle mapping is restricted to Fast only.
3. Tuning is permitted.
4. This is a dry weather event.

Second Round - Ends 11:59 PM Wednesday, November 10th.

Third Round - Begins 1:17 PM Saturday, November 13th

Welcome to the third round of the Formula 1 Time Attack World Tour Competition. The first and second rounds were a glaring success, and despite some trouble along the way has seen the first place podium position shift place between two contenders now. It makes one wonder what's in store for Round 3. The third round of the WTC brings us to one of the most physically demanding street circuits world renown - Monaco. A track where your most reliable alliance is your own awareness, make any sudden maneuver and it's practically guaranteed that you will fall victim to this fast-paced, knife-edged, claustrophobic track.

Who will emerge the victor of the Monaco Time Attack GP?

1. This competition is restricted to the Renault F1 R30.
3. Tuning is permitted.

Round Three - Ends 11:59 Wednesday, November 17th

Special Event - Begins 12:12 AM Thursday, November 18th

Welcome to a special round, the first of two events that will pin every participant to the tarmac and will test your capabilities for all that they're worth. There's a determined "take no prisoners" attitude this time around, as the object here is not only to come out on top, it's also to beat the target time and take grasp of double points. Whose target time you ask? Mine.

Can you beat the leaderboard time?

1. The time to beat is 1:24.023.
1. This competition is restricted to the McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25.
3. Tuning is prohibited; you are restricted to the following tune: Monza Edition, Wet
4. This is a wet weather event.
5. Double points are only awarded to those who actually beat the time, if you fail to do so, you will be awarded points based on the formatted scoring system according to your finishing position.
6. If you fail to provide proof of your time, unlike what R17 states, your time will be voided, and you will only receive points according to your finishing position (according to the originally formatted scoring system).

Special Event - Ends 7:00 PM Sunday, November 21st

*If the link gives anyone trouble, the tune is featured in Post No. 118.

Fourth Round - Begins 9:55 PM Wednesday, December 1st

After a short break the WTC is back in action and is picking up right where it left off, let's just the participants haven't gained a bit of track rust. Round 4 sets the stage as it takes place on the very last location of the 2010 season, a place that is renown for it's beauty, creativity, and dazzling pit lane exit, welcome to Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi. A track where it's possible to go as fast as the wind, however, one must come to terms with the track layout...because at first glance Yas Marina appears to be pretty clean-cut, underestimate the sharpness of the successive corners and you'll pay for it royally.

Who will emerge the victor of the Abu Dhabi Time Attack GP?

1. This competition is restricted to the Williams-Cosworth FW32.
3. Tuning is permitted.

Round Four - Ends 11:59 Monday, December 6th

Fifth Round - Begins 8:40 PM Thursday, December 8th

Round 5 is the inaugurable 'checkpoint' of the WTC, with only five rounds remaining the decisive winning position is still up for grabs, and with the penultimate Special Event looking to grace the winners with double points the opportunity to step becomes smaller and smaller as the WTC progresses forward. The location for the fifth round is Northhamptonshire, England. The Home of British Motor Racing - Welcome to Silverstone, a circuit that that began it's life in 1943 at the site of a World War II RAF bomber station. To accompany this prestigious location you are being entrusted with Ferrari's best title contender since the F2007, the F10.

Who will emerge the victor of the Silverstone Time Attack GP?

1. This competition is restricted to the Ferrari F10.
3. Tuning is permitted.

Round 5 - Ends 11:59 Wednesday, December 15th

Sixth Round - Begins 8:40 PM Sunday, December 19th

With only 4 rounds and one Special Event to go, things are beginning to heat up. The provisional points leader, LewyOS, is giving it his all to obtain the Driver's Championship and the 1-year Premium subscription that's up for grabs. It's still anyone's to claim but as things are nearing an end, it's time things became all about focus and perseverance - for it is the individual that's put to the test, decidedly standing amongst the rest as the 2011 WTC Driver's Champion. Where does the sixth round take place? Shanghai.

Can you survive the remaining tests that will be put forth?

1. This competition is restricted to the Scuderia Torro Rosso-Ferrari STR5.
3. Tuning is restricted to the second mechanic-specified Dry setting and cannot be altered in any way.

Round 6 - Ends 12:01 AM Friday, December 24th

Seventh Round - Begins 11:00 PM Tuesday, December 28th

Only 3 rounds remain in this season's WTC, and our pole-sitter is becoming more and more comfortable where he currently resides. These remaning rounds and the last Special Event will determine the 2011 WTC Driver's Champion.

Who will prevail?

1. This competition takes place in Valencia, Spain; Valencia Street Circuit.
2. This competition is restricted to the Mercedes GP MGP-W01 only.
3. Throttle mapping is restricted to Fast only.
4. Tuning is restricted to the last default dry setup, furthest to the right.
5. This is a dry weather event.

Round 7 - Ends 12:01 AM January 5th

*All times are in Eastern Standard Time (EST) format.

Last edited:
I'm in ^_^.

imo, pictures should be PMd. When theres a prize like that, there are people who want to cheat.

I'm in ^_^.

imo, pictures should be PMd. When theres a prize like that, there are people who want to cheat.

Hadn't considered that (for some reason) will revise the rules/regulations.

EDIT: Regulation 15 has been added, and it simply (if nothing else) reinforces that which is stated in the fourth regulation.

Last edited:
Thats what it ment to be ;)

One question: What is that make-up event about? Might be my horrible english, but I dont understand it :(

Thats what it ment to be ;)

One question: What is that make-up event about? Might be my horrible english, but I dont understand it :(

The make-up races are essentially for people who are unable to participate in any of the events due to any real world obligation. When make-up races are held, everyone will be rquired to participate as if it were a regularly scheduled event, but only those who were unable to participate when said event originally took place will be able to score points.

Yes please.

Just a quick question regarding rule 3, does this mean you will be tuning the car and we must use this tune? Only I notice my driving style doesn't get on with most peoples tunes, I simply prefer the deafult setups avaliable.

Rule # 5 is going to put me out of this competition unfortunately .
For the original WTC competition in "Shift" , l was able to use dead zone settings to control accelerator input , dialed it right down low so l could control throttle , made it easier to play without assists .
With F1 2010 , it cannot be done , l use a controller to play , without some sort of throttle input control my car just spins out all the time . l have tried many times with the same result , the damn R2 throttle button is just too sensitive .
This gets on my nerves , as l WANT to play unassisted , but am unable to pull it off .
Since l absolutely cannot play without traction control to offset the ridiculously sensitive throttle , l must ask to be removed from this event .

ps . l'm not whining here , it's just how it is . Try it yourself and you will see what l'm on about .

pps . Good Luck to everyone .

Yes please.

Just a quick question regarding rule 3, does this mean you will be tuning the car and we must use this tune? Only I notice my driving style doesn't get on with most peoples tunes, I simply prefer the deafult setups avaliable.

Ideally, yes, however, re-read Regulation 10 - it states (and I'm paraphrasing) that should any other participant, other than myself, win any of the allotted events that they will be encouraged to specify the parameters of the following event. Also worth noting that like the original two WTC events, I won't always restrict the chassis to one of my tunes; I'll leave the option 'Open' (meaning you can run the car to your heart's content), or when I do specify the use of a tune I'll allow certain (or all) parameters to be customized.

Rule # 5 is going to put me out of this competition unfortunately .
For the original WTC competition in "Shift" , l was able to use dead zone settings to control accelerator input , dialed it right down low so l could control throttle , made it easier to play without assists .
With F1 2010 , it cannot be done , l use a controller to play , without some sort of throttle input control my car just spins out all the time . l have tried many times with the same result , the damn R2 throttle button is just too sensitive .
This gets on my nerves , as l WANT to play unassisted , but am unable to pull it off .
Since l absolutely cannot play without traction control to offset the ridiculously sensitive throttle , l must ask to be removed from this event .

ps . l'm not whining here , it's just how it is . Try it yourself and you will see what l'm on about .

pps . Good Luck to everyone .

Well, you're not the first person that has to use driving aids to play this comfortably. A few people around here play with TCS, and ASM....so I'll revise rule 5 as to not discourage anyone from joining.

Well, you're not the first person that has to use driving aids to play this comfortably. A few people around here play with TCS, and ASM....so I'll revise rule 5 as to not discourage anyone from joining.

Cool. I was actually concerned about that as well. Any need to wait for the patch to release? Just a thought as you never know what might actually get tweaked by it.

Cool. I was actually concerned about that as well. Any need to wait for the patch to release? Just a thought as you never know what might actually get tweaked by it.

Dont think so. Its even to everyone so ...

Another question: This time trial runs have to be run in the Time-Trial mode in the game right?

Count me in.

Im a bit confused as to how it works though. I take it its different from the WRS.

Do we have to run the TT simultaneously in a set time frame?

Count me in.

Im a bit confused as to how it works though. I take it its different from the WRS.

Do we have to run the TT simultaneously in a set time frame?

Yes.

Thanks for accommodating my controller handicap. l will get a wheel Someday.
On another note , you guys are going to like this competition , whilst playing Shift l lowered my lap times significantly while involved with the original WTC .
Terro l even sent a note to Mr. B52 to let him know the WTC has made a comeback . :)

Thanks for accommodating my controller handicap. l will get a wheel Someday.
On another note , you guys are going to like this competition , whilst playing Shift l lowered my lap times significantly while involved with the original WTC .
Terro l even sent a note to Mr. B52 to let him know the WTC has made a comeback . :)

Awesome. I was going to do that, but wasn't sure if he owned the game.

Isnt it just the same as WRS nearly? Or for how long u will have time to set a time on the wtc? a week? Sorry bout all the confusion :D

Isnt it just the same as WRS nearly? Or for how long u will have time to set a time on the wtc? a week? Sorry bout all the confusion :D

I've never taken part in the WRS, so, you tell me.

It all depends on the round what the deadline will be, wait until the event starts (Next Monday) and all of these questions will be answered, or better yet, if at least 10 people sign up before the end of today, the event will start this Thursday.

Added a new rule to the book - Rule 16. Read it. Remember it. Also, without further ado...

First Round - Begins Monday, November 1st

Welcome to the opening round of the Forumla 1 Time Attack World Tour Competition, or F1 WTC in native shorthand. The first round will take place in the Middle East; Sakhir, Bahrain to be exact - that's right, behold the Gulf Air Bahrain International Circuit. The opening scene to the 2010 season, and the opening scene to the F1 WTC. A track where your greatest and fiercest allies are responsiveness and outright acceleration, to come in first you must be aware of what lies ahead. Set amidst a desert setting, Bahrain is perhaps the greatest challenge in terms of environmental productivity, not only must you perform within the weather conditions that a desert presents but you simply mustn't falter. Who will come out on top?

1. This competition is restricted to the use of the VJM02 Force India-Mercedes chassis only.
2. Throttle mapping is restricted to 'Standard' only.
3. Tuning is permitted.

First Round - Ends Thursday, November 4th.

Last edited:
Is it possible to run with primes in time trial mode?

Yeah. Not sure how it works on the console side of things, but if you press up on the d-pad you can work with a simplified quick tune/select menu, you can specify which tires you want to use (requires a pit-in), your throttle mapping, and front and rear downforce settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back