True Force F1 ™ WTC [Closed - WDC: LewyOs!]F1 2010-2016 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Not sure how it works on the console side of things, but if you press up on the d-pad you can work with a simplified quick tune/select menu, you can specify which tires you want to use (requires a pit-in), your throttle mapping, and front and rear downforce settings.

isnt it great how CMs just expects everyone to know this? lol Its says little to nothing about it i manual and nothing in the game. I never use it.

isnt it great how CMs just expects everyone to know this? lol Its says little to nothing about it i manual and nothing in the game. I never use it.

Really? I brought mine from Steam, so there's not manual to be heard of (at least not that I've seen, but then, I've never looked...) but that's kind of....what's the word - foolish.

I'm interested in competing, any idea what time these events will run? Earliest I could manage would be 8pm (GMT), any night.

I'm interested in competing, any idea what time these events will run? Earliest I could manage would be 8pm (GMT), any night.

I'll do the same thing I've done since running the WTC since Shift, the beginning and end times of the event will be respective of every participants timezone.

EDIT: The participant quota has been met, however, that does not in any way mean more people cannot join.

Yeah. Not sure how it works on the console side of things, but if you press up on the d-pad you can work with a simplified quick tune/select menu, you can specify which tires you want to use (requires a pit-in), your throttle mapping, and front and rear downforce settings.

Yeah this doesn't work in time trial mode. You can't change to primes.

I am still confused :( Do i have to meet up online with someone to compete here or can i just go to time trial and do my times??? and then send my best time in the time period between 1st and 4th nov? the make-up thingy, whatever it is, is really confusing me! someone needs to give me some english-lessons

Last edited:
Yeah this doesn't work in time trial mode. You can't change to primes.

How right you are. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me, but whatever, there's a small piece of the competition thrown directly out of the 52nd floor window. I'll edit that part of first round parameters out.

EDIT: Done.

I'm in. But what do we actually do? Do we go online with someone else and do a tt?

How right you are. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me, but whatever, there's a small piece of the competition thrown directly out of the 52nd floor window. I'll edit that part of first round parameters out.

EDIT: Done.

Meant to comment on this, why not allow the use of a Practice session(s) in GP mode? I mean in TT mode tire wear and fuel sim are automatically turned off right, so just run in GP mode with similar settings and, I think, voila you've basically got yourself a TT setup where tire options are a variable. Heck you could even, I think again :lol:, stipulate specific fuel loads for certain weeks. Anyway just a thought :).

Meant to comment on this, why not allow the use of a Practice session(s) in GP mode? I mean in TT mode tire wear and fuel sim are automatically turned off right, so just run in GP mode with similar settings and, I think, voila you've basically got yourself a TT setup where tire options are a variable. Heck you could even, I think again :lol:, stipulate specific fuel loads for certain weeks. Anyway just a thought :).

That's a good idea, but isn't there a full grid in GP mode? I've only touched it once and don't really remember if you can specify anything.

I am still confused :( Do i have to meet up online with someone to compete here or can i just go to time trial and do my times??? and then send my best time in the time period between 1st and 4th nov? the make-up thingy, whatever it is, is really confusing me! someone needs to give me some english-lessons

I'm in. But what do we actually do? Do we go online with someone else and do a tt?

The two of you, my gosh! :lol:

No, it's solo, you run in TT mode and set your best possible time and submit that best time to me (via PM) with proof of the time you're claiming. Once you submit a time you will not be allowed to submit another, so make sure it's the absolute best you can pull off within the allotted time.

If someone asks again, I'll cut both of my wrists, I swear to my own imagination. :lol:

Is a photo enough proof? If we go off track the game invalidates the lap anyways.

Nice one. How will this work, what time etc

Oh, good lord. :lol:

Read the rules and regulations, as for the time I haven't decided yet but it'll be respective of each participants native timezone.

So then, t12 has cut his wrists off. That might be of slight disadvantage to him.

It would have been, only every blade I tried using was suspiciously dull. :P

Sign me up. I'm interested in trying this out...
I'm in the middle of house reno's though, so I might miss a few events depending on how many days are given to compose an entry.

I think the OP needs to be updated to clarify several things though. Some rules are unclear... it's evident from the questions in this thread that I'm not the only one struggling.

For starters, if it's an offline competition, tell people its an offline competition. And if it's an offline competition, I think DOUQA's question about everyone running simultaneously in TT mode was answered incorrectly.

Explain the point of rules 12 and 13 please. It is already stated in 6 that leaving the track invalidates the time, and from recent posts I gather that we do not meet online to do times, so it shouldn't matter how someone chooses to rejoin the track... Seems unnecessary.

Rule 9... I don't know where to start. I just don't understand it. Please reword or clarify in a subsequent post.

Rule 11. What is the need for make-up events? If someone can't make it, they can't make it. Why must everyone else participate in the make-up if this is an offline challenge? What are the consequences if someone who did submit an entry to the original challenge doesn't have room in their schedule for the make-up? Please clarify.

And some suggestions...

Unless you are trying to complicate things for yourself Terronium-12, I'd suggest removing the statement about the end time being relative to the entrants time zone. Pick a specific world time zone and time, and stick to that. It's much clearer, and saves you from having to dig into people's profiles to determine if they met the deadline or not.

Also, I always thought it was bad form to limit new entrants from entering an established competition the way rule 14 does.
Why can't the leaderboard just reflect points from the last X number of events? For example, if we say we want to rank based on the past 10 events, then when the results of event 11 are in, the points from event 1 would be removed from the overall standings.
This forces people to continue participating to maintain their status, gives people the opportunity to catch up as they improve, and allows new people to enter and climb the standings normally.

My .02.

Okay, you know what? Since I'm apparently poorly managing my own competition and rules, how many people find the rules confusing?

Because, to be honest, this is borderline annoying the 🤬 out of me now.

I found it confusing at first but have since figured out that it is a weekly TT competition.

It was the rule about rejoining the track that confused me. I agree with Boundary Layer that it makes no difference what we do as long as we post a valid lap and get evidence of our time sent to you before the deadline.

And chill, out nobody's complaining. Thanks for taking the time to set this up.

Calm down Terronium-12. My post was not intended to be criticism. If I thought this was a bad idea I would not have even posted or said I was interested in taking part.

I don't understand some aspects of the rules, so I'm seeking clarification there. I want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else as far as what is expected and what is allowed.

My suggestions are merely suggestions that I thought could make this competition easier for you to manage, and keep the number of participants up. Take them or leave them as you see fit - they're suggestions.

I found it confusing at first but have since figured out that it is a weekly TT competition.
And chill,

Well we dont know yet about tires, or if T12 is figuring to use GP mode and not TT mode so that primes can be used. The cross platform thing is not helping T12 arrive at final decisions.
T12: you can iron out difficulties after we get going. You arent on trial. Lets ramp up to starting this deal and then patch any rough spots along the way ..just like Codemasters have done.

Last edited:

It was the rule about rejoining the track that confused me. I agree with Boundary Layer that it makes no difference what we do as long as we post a valid lap and get evidence of our time sent to you before the deadline.

And chill, out nobody's complaining. Thanks for taking the time to set this up.

Then I'll remove Regulations 12 and 13.

Calm down Terronium-12. My post was not intended to be criticism. If I thought this was a bad idea I would not have even posted or said I was interested in taking part.

I don't understand some aspects of the rules, so I'm seeking clarification there. I want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else as far as what is expected and what is allowed.

My suggestions are merely suggestions that I thought could make this competition easier for you to manage, and keep the number of participants up. Take them or leave them as you see fit - they're suggestions.

Sorry, it just came off as if you were suggesting I had no idea what I was doing. I've run this setup going on three times now (this being the third) and other than the entirely new rules, all of them have served me, or rather, served us ("us" being those who participated in the NFS Shift WTC, where it originated) quite well. All of the rules, again, besides the absolutely new ones were devised from experience. For example, the option of making the race according to each participants native timezone - that wasn't done off the top of my head, that resulted from previous problems. Originally, it was set to begin and end according to Eastern Standard (my native timezone), however, too many people were unable to participate accordingly so I fixed it to the way it is now. If you want me to go back to a mandated timezone and risk other people being unable to participate, then I'll surely do that....but what happens when someone is unable to conform to my timezone, what if (for arguments sake) when it begins here, it's too late for them? What if when it ends here, it's too early for them?

Again, this competition, the rules (and the regulations) aren't things I devised over night, or over an entire week for that matter - everything is pretty much a year old but if it needs to be refined, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back