True Force F1 ™ WTC [Closed - WDC: LewyOs!]F1 2010-2016 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make that three (3) submitted times, not including myself (I haven't even gotten a time I'm proud of, yet). At the beginning of the next round I will specify two new parameters that will carry throughout the remainder of this competition. Nothing that drastically alters anything, so don't worry about that.

I'm one of the people that didnt understand what this competition was, until it started.
But now that it has, and I do, I really like the suspense of it --and also the call for us all to be honest adults. From the moment I saw the engine map was to be set at Standard in the rules I felt at home. Because it assumed we are here by choice, not like the rabble you see in other forums, and we can each overcome the urge to exploit a glaring and obvious opportunity to be dishonest.

Anyway thats all I wanted to say really. Well, that, and also this: I intend to win that year premium subscription no matter who I crush under my heel to do so! :) I'm Kidding!!
Oh, and I love it that the winner of each stage chooses the parameters for the following one ..thats right, isnt it?

I'm one of the people that didnt understand what this competition was, until it started.
But now that it has, and I do, I really like the suspense of it --and also the call for us all to be honest adults. From the moment I saw the engine map was to be set at Standard in the rules I felt at home. Because it assumed we are here by choice, not like the rabble you see in other forums, and we can each overcome the urge to exploit a glaring and obvious opportunity to be dishonest.

Anyway thats all I wanted to say really. Well, that, and also this: I intend to win that year premium subscription no matter who I crush under my heel to do so! :) I'm Kidding!!
Oh, and I love it that the winner of each stage chooses the parameters for the following one ..thats right, isnt it?

That is affirmative.

I think it would be good if you set out a specific setup that everyone had to use. The best thing to do could be to research and find what is the fastest possible setup for the track and then post it so everyone can use it and therefore no one is gaining any secret advantage. With that said, a perfect setup will usually only gain from half a second to a second on a normal unchanged one - well that's my experience of it anyway.

So for future ones it could be best to just get the fastest possible setup and let everyone stick to it, as if they use something else it will be a disadvantage to them. What do you think about this?

I think it would be good if you set out a specific setup that everyone had to use. The best thing to do could be to research and find what is the fastest possible setup for the track and then post it so everyone can use it and therefore no one is gaining any secret advantage. With that said, a perfect setup will usually only gain from half a second to a second on a normal unchanged one - well that's my experience of it anyway.

So for future ones it could be best to just get the fastest possible setup and let everyone stick to it, as if they use something else it will be a disadvantage to them. What do you think about this?

As I've said already, I've been around the block twice with the WTC and am aware of everything you just suggested. :sly:

I'd suggest going through the original two incarnations of the WTC to get an idea of where I've been, so to speak....

The Original - Before the initialism "WTC" was even coined.

WTC 2- This brought about much of the same outlook and fair competition for all that you see now.

Good stuff :) Well I've never been involved in something like this so looking forward to see how it pans out. Cheers for hosting the event!

As I've said already, I've been around the block twice with the WTC and am aware of everything you just suggested. :sly:

I'd suggest going through the original two incarnations of the WTC to get an idea of where I've been, so to speak....

The Original - Before the initialism "WTC" was even coined.

WTC 2- This brought about much of the same outlook and fair competition for all that you see now.

l haven't looked at the old WTC threads in a long time , we had a small group , but had big fun.
The REAL fun starts after 1st round results are posted , then we will all see who are the ones to beat .
l usually kind of coast through first round ( sizing up the competition ) but you can bet l'll be hot on your heels the rest of the way. ;)
Terro : Maybe add a minimum qualifying time as in WTC 1? l liked that feature , gave you a target to shoot for right out of the gate.

I'll not be taking part. Please remove me from the list. Thanks.

Everyone who hasn't submitted a time yet needs to do so, there's only so much time left. If you fail to submit a time (especially without keeping in contact with me as to whatever the reason is) you're missing out.

Terro : Maybe add a minimum qualifying time as in WTC 1? l liked that feature , gave you a target to shoot for right out of the gate.

Already had that in mind, in fact, I reckon no one will like the next round at all. :lol:

Yes. Work for that PSC, you must.

Last edited:
Since we are a band of brothers, so to speak, doing this comp, thought I would show my driving setup. A little peak behind the scenes. BTW: the red straps proved necessary on account of when I get excited. And the speakers act/sound like tires when I run over curbs. The sound is in stereo, so its accurate as far as left/right.

picture.php

Nice. 👍

I wish I still had my G25, but the DFGT will do until I get a G27...which considering how good the DFGT is (and it's only fault being the lack of an H-Shifter) that may not be for a very long time.

Five (5) times submitted. Get a move on people.

Last edited:
I have submitted times from seven (7) participants out of twelve (myself non-inclusive). You know who you are, get those times submitted!

(Ninja Edit) Remembering the winning clause, my idea for round 2 will now carry over to a special event that can pop up at any time, so keep a look out for that.

I now have submitted times from nine (9) participants out of twelve (again, irrespective of myself). Two more people to go - get those times in!

Sorry for not competing this round, DFP= Not a fun time. I was expecting to have my DFGT by today :/

Alright then. All participants have submitted their times, and the round will officially end shortly.

Round 1 of the F1 WTC has officially ended.

The results of Round 1 are as follows:

1st: p1Timo - 1:50.142
2nd: Kneedragger, LewyOs - 1:50.277
3rd: Terronium-12 - 1:50.956
4th: icelt - 1:50.995
5th: Dessy182 - 1:51.477
6th: Boundary Layer - 1:51.678
7th: NITROVIOUS - 1:52.780
8th: oskierox - 1:53.546
9th: in.s@ne - 1:55.104
10th: akmuq - 1:56.075 [+ .250 time penalty]
11th: grafpt - DNP
12th: DOUQA - DNP

Last edited:
I will say that through the first sector of the track I saw as much as a .240 improvement in my best time, but it never held to the end. So I knew I was on
shaky ground. But now I see the ground I am on has another inhabitant??
Really? LewyOs? Really?? ..you couldnt be 1 one-thousandth slower and leave me in peace?

:)

p1timo did well to find that small margin. I hope he realizes HE gets to pick the next challenge and that he does the right thing and avoids T12's attraction to using the fartiest car and layout. Nice one, everyone!

I will say that through the first sector of the track I saw as much as a .240 improvement in my best time, but it never held to the end. So I knew I was on
shaky ground. But now I see the ground I am on has another inhabitant??
Really? LewyOs? Really?? ..you couldnt be 1 one-thousandth slower and leave me in peace?

p1timo did well to find that small margin. I hope he realizes HE gets to pick the next challenge and that he does the right thing and avoids T12's attraction to using the fartiest car and layout. Nice one, everyone!

I know, first round and already we have a tie for second place - fantastic.

And if you think this round was antsy, wait until the Special Event comes around - All of you will hate me.

...wait until the Special Event comes around - All of you will hate me.

I will just hate you now, and avoid the rush.
I have a very practical mind when it comes to these things.

Seriously though, I am used to TT mode where you squeeze every thousandth out, but if I dont care for the track then I dont waste my time. Lets just be sure p1Timo understands that HE gets to pick the car, track and settings ..German is his first language, not english, and he will have fun I am sure giving us a fast car and track. Hockenheim, if I had to guess :)

Oh! I need to post proof of my lap time. Watch this post for the edit.

Last edited:
hm, I fared better than I thought I would. Good times everyone.

So the big question...
What were people using for driving aids? I'm very curious.

I was using AT, everything else off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back