True Force F1 ™ WTC [Closed - WDC: LewyOs!]F1 2010-2016 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manual with medium tc, corners only for the line cause i forget the new Bahrain sometimes :P and ABS off.

Fun track, shame I only had time for 4 laps I think I could've improved alot more :P

hm, I fared better than I thought I would. Good times everyone.

So the big question...
What were people using for driving aids? I'm very curious.

I was using AT, everything else off.

MT here, only aid I ever use is ABS...I hate brake pumping.

Pictures are up in my previous post.

Lets just be sure p1Timo understands that HE gets to pick the car, track and settings ..German is his first language, not english, and he will have fun I am sure giving us a fast car and track. Hockenheim, if I had to guess :)

No worries :D New settings have been sent to T12 :)

I drove with all aids off

So the big question...
What were people using for driving aids?

I suggest you read this thread:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/435522-does-tc-off-enable-quicker-laps.html

Its a LONG one, at something like 13 pages, but theres a lot of good opinion in it. And it includes some stinging, but funny, criticism of people who turn assists off just so that they can imply 'I'm a true sim racer', as in this snip from that thread:

I'm usually sceptical because people usually decide which is faster based on their own laps, and many people wouldn't match a top leaderboard time if you made their car 25% faster, let alone if they used TC or not.

Whereas with F1 2010 that doesn't seem to be the case at all. How fast you are without assists, compared to with, seems purely down to skill.

As for not wanting to post leaderboard times, to me it would seem rather pointless saying "I drive without assists" as though that meant something only to later decide that it's sad because TC is easier.

It's like saying "I climbed Everest!" but complaining that flying over the top in an aeroplane is easier.

If using assists wasn't easy, there'd be no point mentioning the fact you didn't use them, would there?

The trouble is, perhaps, a lot disable assists but are slow and that means nothing. It's easy to be slow with or without assists. They want the same kudos for disabling them that a quick racer would get. That's actually the sad thing.

If you want kudos you have to be quick first and foremost, and then if you have assists disabled too, you've demonstrated skill above the vast majority of folk playing the game.

Since our polesitter has already submitted the parameters for Round 2, we'll be able to get R2 underway tomorrow evening as opposed to Sunday.

Also, keep a lookout for a scoreboard to be added to the OP sometime today.

Nice times top 3 and :eek: at the P2 tie. If you guys are on the same version you've got to watch each other's ghosts.

:cheers: T12 on earning P3. Suppose with the P2 tie I shouldn't consider myself that put out from a podium spot... buttttt, 4-hundredths is still just so dang close :P.

On the Aides ? - std controller, TC - Medium, ABS - on, Auto Tranny & corner indicators for me.

Edit...
Oh yeah, kinda humorous we both managed to improve our LB times at this track with the FI. Would not have predicted that going in. Also think my fast dirty time was around a 1:50.7+.

Last edited:
... and :eek: at the P2 tie. If you guys are on the same version you've got to watch each other's ghosts.

I think Lewy0s is my evil twin.
I think he will keep matching my exact time no matter what I do.
I think we are connected via a past life trauma.
I think dinosaurs never existed.
I think vampires are the worlds best golfers and their curse is, they never get to prove it.

Drivers standings, round results, and start time/date for R2 have all been added; the specific details for R2 won't be revealed until 10 minutes before the round is to begin.

If someone wants to earn an additional point (yes, just one point, I'm already offering a full year subscription what more do you want from me? :P) they can do so by making a proper score chart.

I think Lewy0s is my evil twin.
I think he will keep matching my exact time no matter what I do.
I think we are connected via a past life trauma.
I think dinosaurs never existed.
I think vampires are the worlds best golfers and their curse is, they never get to prove it.

Interesting, you two could be like entangled twin photons.
The unbreakable relationship between twin photons is known as “entanglement.” When two photons are in a state of entanglement, the state of one photon is determined by the state of the other. In this amazing relationship the two particles influence each other's destiny—even if they are tens of thousands of kilometers apart.

Golfing vampires however... hmmm, got no explanation for them :lol:.

So I think the practice rule is making more sense now as Timo & T12 both know the next round's setup and could, if they were so devious :mischievous:, start practicing ahead of everyone else.

Last edited:
So I the practice rule is making more sense now as Timo & T12 both know the next round's setup and could, if they were so devious, start practicing ahead of everyone else.

Well, I'm exempt from winning the prize anyway, so even if I did practice ahead of time...it would be of no consequence to the rest of you. Timo, on the other hand, if he started practicing...then, yeah, he'd be in trouble. :P

Interesting, you two could be like entangled twin photons.

Thanks for the link. What I liked best was hearing how Einstein did not believe what quantum mechanics was suggesting: that information was moving faster than the speed of light. Even to the point of creating a hypothesis to support himself. He was wrong. Quantum mechanics was proved right. And 'spooky' action at a distance won the day.

OT: thanks for the update. i would make a leaderboard but am not qualified. maybe my evil twin can?

Terronium, Can you count me in for this competition...Again. Tis a shame i dropped out before as Bahrain is one of my favorite tracks

Thanks

Well, I'm exempt from winning the prize anyway, so even if I did practice ahead of time...it would be of no consequence to the rest of you. Timo, on the other hand, if he started practicing...then, yeah, he'd be in trouble. :P

Well technically, just for the sake of discussion of course, if you were to practice and gain some advantage sure it'd serve zero purpose from the "winning" perspective. However said practicing very much could impact another racer's chances of winning.

That being said, in a competition like this the front runners tend to separate themselves rather quickly so it's pretty much a 3 person race already ;).

Thanks for the link. What I liked best was hearing how Einstein did not believe what quantum mechanics was suggesting: that information was moving faster than the speed of light. Even to the point of creating a hypothesis to support himself. He was wrong. Quantum mechanics was proved right. And 'spooky' action at a distance won the day.

I know. Pretty fascinating right. Even Einstein can be fallible :crazy:... always saw that as a good insight to avoid getting too married to ones ego.

Edit...

T12 - it might be best if you actually posted the times for each round in the 1st post as well. The reason I request this is because when I use your link:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131775&page=3#post4095587

It only takes me to the top of page 3. I think it has to do with our individual forum settings... well it must because when I copy that same posts "perma-link" location I get this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131775&page=6#post4095587

So I'm guessing any forum user that has a different page view setup from you will get sent awry if you only include a link in the post. Hopefully that makes sense :).

As a test I removed the page reference and that doesn't help a lick, just takes one to the beginning of the thread.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131775#post4095587

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been stated, but how many rounds of this are you planning on having?

T12 I know this is your pet, but since you havent decided how many events to hold I wanted to remind you that all the latest signs are that GT5 will be out the first week of Dec. Speaking for myself I dont know how I will feel about loading F1 2010 once I have 5 available. Anyway, just a thought.

I'm here expecting to start round 2 (7:30 eastern) but obviously you have other things happening. One round a week seems kind of a relaxed pace in any case. That makes about 4 rounds till the GT5 merde hits the fan.

Anyway.. where we racin' ?? :)

BTW: If you cant be online to post a round, just delegate. I'd be happy to assist with this if you hands are full ..and you dont even need to give me 1 point for it.

Last edited:
Wow! Look at the time, I totally fell off schedule in any case Round 2 begins as of this posting...

Second Round - Begins 10:15 PM Saturday, November 6th.

Welcome to the second round of the Formula 1 Time Attack World Tour Competition. The first round took place at Bahrain International Circuit and was the opening bout to a second place tie, what tales of amazement await for Round 2? Round 2 takes place in Albert Park - that's right, welcome to the Melbourne GP Circuit. Melbourne is the second round of the official 2010 season, and will be the second round to the WTC. A track where your best friend is speed and acceleration, but all is worthless without the proper amount of downforce and braking...overstep any boundary and you'll find yourself in a dirt trap.

1. This competition is restricted to the Red Bull-Renault RB6.
2. Throttle mapping is restricted to Fast only.
3. Tuning is permitted.
4. This is a dry weather event.

Second Round - Ends 11:59 PM Wednesday, November 10th.

T12 I know this is your pet, but since you havent decided how many events to hold I wanted to remind you that all the latest signs are that GT5 will be out the first week of Dec. Speaking for myself I dont know how I will feel about loading F1 2010 once I have 5 available. Anyway, just a thought.

I fully understand where you're coming from, but for me...y'know F1 2010 was released on time (bugs or no bugs) and I've been enjoying it since. I'm not going to drop all I'm doing with the game just because it's "finally" being released. I've got Hot Pursuit to mess around with on the 16th (in addition to F1 2010) and to be honest...GT5 is just going to have to wait it's turn.

If the WTC dies because of it's release, then, so be it....but I'm not going to shove either of the two aforementioned games to the side just because it's finally on shelves.

I've just picked up this game, so I'd like to join in on this if I can. I had good times playing with some of you guys in NFS:Shift, and this looks like it could be fun too.

I'm assuming my having a foreign language version won't be a problem? It's in Japanese, but of course times and such look the same in any language.

I've just picked up this game, so I'd like to join in on this if I can. I had good times playing with some of you guys in NFS:Shift, and this looks like it could be fun too.

I'm assuming my having a foreign language version won't be a problem? It's in Japanese, but of course times and such look the same in any language.

Consider yourself in!

Three original members now. :D

Something isnt right. The start of round 2 was given as one time on page 1, then T12 came back 'on his own' with another earlier start time which he confirmed in a post above (7:30 eastern.) The earlier start time came and went and so did the original one. And you already made it clear that you want to create special rounds that are miserable to drive. This comp already has a faint smell of having some mind game elements to it.

Whatever, T12. I sent you a time for Melb. If you can run this thing on time Im happy to play until GT5 is out. And if you need help then let me know. But if you want to play around here just because you are offering a prize then this is my last round, thank you.

But if you want to play around here just because you are offering a prize then this is my last round, thank you.

I hope this bit is a joke, because if it isn't...then, it's just plain ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back