The Formula GT Monaco Grand Prix: Cancelled

United Kingdom
Sheffield
Dan-F1Fan
The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the toughest events on the formula 1 calendar, it puts immense strain on the drivers physically and mentally. However, with pain, comes glory. The Monaco Grand Prix is arguably the most prestigious event on the F1 calendar and can be seen as the biggest achievement in a drivers career (except the World Championship).

I think this will be the same for GTPlanet. 78 laps on one the games most demanding tracks driving a car with one of the highest power to weight ratios in the game. Not to forget, the race will be part of the Online Triple Crown.Are you up for the challenge?

Rules and Race Settings
Laps: 78
Track: Cote d'Azur
Car: Formula GT
Tyres: Unlimited
Grip Reduction: Real
Tyre/Fuel depletion: On
Damage: Heavy
Penalties: Off
No PP/BHP/Weight restrictions
Driving Line: Off
ABS: Unlimited
TCS: Unlimited
Skid Recovery: Off

Race Times
The Race will take place on friday the 24th of June with the practice session beginning at 7pm BST latest. Qualifying will be 10 minutes starting at 7:50pm You can set as many laps as you would like in that time but remember that your lap times will be reset when you go back to your garage. The race will begin automatically at 8pm with the grid starting in the order of fastest first. From then on you're on your own.

Please do not quit the race at any point. This is a serious event so quitting without a valid is wasting
everybody's time. That place could've belonged to someone else that may have actually finished the race. If you quit due to a disconnection then that is not your fault and stuff like that happens.
Lapped cars must let the leaders through as efficiently as possibly in order to make the race as clean as possible. Lapped cars may un-lap themselves if the car infront is considerably slower. On race day I will post the lobby number on GTPlanet for everyone to see.
Please follow the OLR racing guidelines in order to have good clean race for all.

If you are interested then please copy and paste your name to the list and I will see you at the race.

GTP name/PSN name/Car colour (optional)
1) VRracingfan/CALM_DAN
2) GTP_J_Tuner/JT977/Green and Yellow
3) GT5_X2010/golfer199/White and Purple
4) chuyler1/chuyler1
5) iamsupernasty/iamsupernasty/tb
6) Jav/Jav122678/TBD
7) Wardez/Wardez/Castrol red, green & white
8) Waynz/TORC_Waynz

Last edited:
The ASRA will be hosting a full-length Grand Prix of Monaco, featuring F1 cars and Knockout Qualifying, after our Indianapolis 500 event. That is, if the PSN is ever fixed. 👍

The ASRA will be hosting a full-length Grand Prix of Monaco, featuring F1 cars and Knockout Qualifying, after our Indianapolis 500 event. That is, if the PSN is ever fixed. 👍

I guess our events are very different as you are using F1 cars and we are not. We are also using a simpler qualifying compared to the knockout system.

sign me up. hope this gets interest. i will use my rare FGT in polyphony whit and purple

Can everyone please copy and paste the list and add their name because it is much more convenient.

VRracingfan/CALM_DAN
GTP_J_Tuner/JT977/Green and Yellow
GT5_X2010/golfer199/White and Purple
chuyler1/chuyler1

VRracingfan/CALM_DAN
chuyler1/chuyler1
iamsupernasty/iamsupernasty/tbd

Sweet!

The Monaco Grand Prix is one of the toughest events on the formula 1 calendar, it puts immense strain on the drivers physically and mentally. However, with pain, comes glory. The Monaco Grand Prix is arguably the most prestigious event on the F1 calendar and can be seen as the biggest achievement in a drivers career (except the World Championship).

I think this will be the same for GTPlanet. 78 laps on one the games most demanding tracks driving a car with one of the highest power to weight ratios in the game. Not to forget, the race will be part of the Online Triple Crown.Are you up for the challenge?

Rules and Race Settings
Laps: 78
Track: Cote d'Azur
Car: Formula GT
Tyres: Unlimited
Grip Reduction: Real
Damage: Heavy
No PP/BHP/Weight restrictions
Driving Line: Off
ABS: Unlimited
TCS: Unlimited
Skid Recovery: Off

Race Times
The Race will take place on saturday the 25th of June with the practice session beginning at 7pm BST latest. Qualifying will be 10 minutes starting at 7:50pm You can set as many laps as you would like in that time but remember that your lap times will be reset when you go back to your garage. The race will begin automatically at 8pm with the grid starting in the order of fastest first. From then on you're on your own.

Please do not quit the race at any point. This is a serious event so quitting without a valid is wasting
everybody's time. That place could've belonged to someone else that may have actually finished the race. If you quit due to a disconnection then that is not your fault and stuff like that happens
On race day I will post the lobby number on GTPlanet for everyone to see.
Please follow the OLR racing guidelines in order to have good clean race for all.

If you are interested then please copy and paste your name to the list and I will see you at the race.

VRracingfan/CALM_DAN

FGT isn't even an F1 grand prix car , lol

Don't call this F1 Monaco grand prix race

Because that's completely wrong.

FGT Circuit performance is no where near an F1 car

You'd have to go back 11 years earlier to have the same level of performance

But anyway I'm just saying but it's good to have real f1 gp rules ^^

I had FGT in January but I traded it because it didn't have a cockpit view :P

Last edited:
FGT isn't even an F1 grand prix car , lol

Don't call this F1 Monaco grand prix race

Because that's completely wrong.

FGT Circuit performance is no where near an F1 car

You'd have to go back 11 years earlier to have the same level of performance

But anyway I'm just saying but it's good to have real f1 gp rules ^^

I don't recall saying that this was an F1 race only that there is an f1 race in monaco. It's not completely wrong anyway as it's based on an F1 car isn't it no matter how old it is. Besides this car is harder to drive than the F10 and F2007 which makes it more of a challenge.

I think it's safe to say count me in! Shouldn't interfere with the LMS series!

1) VRracingfan/CALM_DAN
4) chuyler1/chuyler1
6) Jav/Jav122678/TBD

I don't recall saying that this was an F1 race only that there is an f1 race in monaco. It's not completely wrong anyway as it's based on an F1 car isn't it no matter how old it is. Besides this car is harder to drive than the F10 and F2007 which makes it more of a challenge.

F2007 yes , F10 no ^^ on the limit you'd be off on the 1st corner in suzuka :D what I mean by that is doing 127's online , still practice/A is 3 seconds quicker and an awful lot easier but we can see it on the grid when PSN is back.

Its just wrong to do it in that FGT.....Its diabolical & ugly & its just not F1. It looks like a cross between a CART car & a Indy car. Drives like a drift competition car from Japan. Srsly, slides around like its made for drifting comp. You have to put brake bias all the way to front just to get it into a corner, LOL.

We already did Monaco & Enzo won in the F10.

Its just wrong to do it in that FGT.....Its diabolical & ugly & its just not F1. It looks like a cross between a CART car & a Indy car. Drives like a drift competition car from Japan. Srsly, slides around like its made for drifting comp. You have to put brake bias all the way to front just to get it into a corner, LOL.

We already did Monaco & Enzo won in the F10.

I don't see it as wrong to do it in an FGT. It is mostly F1 and definetly more of a challenge than a ferrari F1 car(not discrediting your series as those cars are fun and provide good racing).
Also, who cares if it's ugly anyway? It's not going to matter when you are concentrating intensley. If you don't want to take part then that is fine but I don't see what is wrong with this race.

I'm interested for sure in this...

PSN: TORC_Waynz
Colour I'm not sure what mine is so I'll get back to you on that one.

Oh and Rich S and Enzo troll somewhere else please... Love it or leave it.

1) VRracingfan/CALM_DAN
4) chuyler1/chuyler1
6) Jav/Jav122678/TBD
7) Wardez/Wardez/Castrol red, green & white

Wow. Every time I've seen Rich S say something (apart from telling me about his league) he is giving out.

Here's a tip. You do not have to post in every thread just to give out.💡

What penalties?
Off
Weak
Strong
I imagine they will be off. When they are on, lapped cars are ghosted. Also, the only corner you can cut is the chicane and it doesnt give you a penalty anyway...and i havent found it to be faster to cut anyway because the FGT suspension is so stiff.

I don't see it as wrong to do it in an FGT. It is mostly F1 and definetly more of a challenge than a ferrari F1 car(not discrediting your series as those cars are fun and provide good racing).
Also, who cares if it's ugly anyway? It's not going to matter when you are concentrating intensley. If you don't want to take part then that is fine but I don't see what is wrong with this race.
I dont think formula granturismo is anywhere near the difficulty of the f10's but for sure f2007 is nice and easy but at least the fgt has bumper view well cockpit is fantastic

RB6
I dont think formula granturismo is anywhere near the difficulty of the f10's but for sure f2007 is nice and easy but at least the fgt has bumper view well cockpit is fantastic

They are very different. Perhaps with a wheel the FGT is easier but with a pad it's like driving a car on ice sometimes. It's not too hard to get a quick lap in with both cars but consistency is very difficult as you're always wanting to go faster and faster due to the inevitable minor mistakes that are made each lap

Back