Craziest cars to race in Supercar festival with?

XDesperado67

The Harvey Wallbanger
Premium
United States
Hillsboro Oregon
XDesperado67
XDesperado67
Okay being a bit strange I like to try all sorts of odd cars. This seasonal with only a PP restriction on cars, and a fairly high one at 700, allows me to indulge in running some of these oddballs.

I golded all events first with my Audi R8 5.2 which of course was a breeze and nothing odd there. Then I dusted off my Dodge SRT4 that's fully modified to 609 bhp and took on Eifel. A lot of tuning tweeks, and not getting the R390 and/or McClarens in the front, later I finally beat it. So being totally crazy :crazy: I whipped out my 515 PP Daihatsu Cuoro XX '97 and returned to Eifel. Got up to 8th place coming through the turns on lap one, could tell though that I would never come close to catching the leaders (R390 and McClaren F1) only to be literaly run over at the start finish line and slammed off the track into the wall. Needless to say and as expected I limped into 12th place 20 some seconds behind the R390. Since then I've tried several other cars. The Ford Focus WRC '07 is a sweet smooth ride but have to nail it to catch the R390. Currently working a Crossfire, can beat Eifel as long as the R390 doesn't show up. Will see what other oddballs I have in the garage to make a run at the "supercars" with. :sly:

So my question is who else out there likes running offbeat cars and what are you trying in this "Supercar" festival?

I tried it in one of those Zonda's. Whichever one is the carbon body with red and green striping. Gold wheels. I threw a turbo on it and some racing soft tires. It has so much power, the tires have a hard time maintaining traction in corners. I found myself babying that car through the races, even though it was super fast. I switched to something else to finish a few of the other races in that seasonal ( I think it was a GT-R, but can't remember).

gold on all tracks with the wedssport celica. fun car to drive but a little too superior. think im gonna try my BMW 320i touring car next:)

Golf RM :D took the lead on the last turn in tskuba

Sounds good Oceanic makes me want to dust off my Golf I GTI '76 and see how badly I get thrashed :D

Hey Redline you have the right idea, wouldn't totally give up on the idea of using a truck, might have to try out my SVT Lightning :D

It was very unorthodox but I was able to win at Effiel with my 500pp Honda CR-Z. I am not sure how it would stack up at the other circuits but it was a good laugh passing supercars in a hybrid.

It was very unorthodox but I was able to win at Effiel with my 500pp Honda CR-Z. I am not sure how it would stack up at the other circuits but it was a good laugh passing supercars in a hybrid.

Loving it GT P.I.M.P. give us more good stuff!

Note to self get CR-Z...modify my Prius G...:crazy:

In addition to the usual suspects like the Ford GT's, Zonda and XJ13 I have used the Shelby Series One Super Charged '03; the Jaguar S-Type R '02, Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01, HPA/VW Golf R32 Stage II. I must say I am very impressed with the S-Type, lots of fun to beat the super cars with a sedan. Most of the PP for the odd-balls above was in the 550 range btw. Only trouble I am having is at Tokyo as each race has had the McLaren F-1 and/or some sort of GT-R Road version that I can not make up the 24 seconds lead they get from starting on the pole. I usually end up about 5-8 seconds behind. Sigh.... But other than that, they have had no issues on any of the other 4 courses although they lose ground on the straights.

Lots of fun going through my garage to see how competitive some of the non-super cars are. Still a few more to try out.

In addition to the usual suspects like the Ford GT's, Zonda and XJ13 I have used the Shelby Series One Super Charged '03; the Jaguar S-Type R '02, Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01, HPA/VW Golf R32 Stage II. I must say I am very impressed with the S-Type, lots of fun to beat the super cars with a sedan. Most of the PP for the odd-balls above was in the 550 range btw. Only trouble I am having is at Tokyo as each race has had the McLaren F-1 and/or some sort of GT-R Road version that I can not make up the 24 seconds lead they get from starting on the pole. I usually end up about 5-8 seconds behind. Sigh.... But other than that, they have had no issues on any of the other 4 courses although they lose ground on the straights.

Lots of fun going through my garage to see how competitive some of the non-super cars are. Still a few more to try out.

Sounds good, keep us posted especially if you find any really oddball cars that can at least run with the big boys.

I won them all with a Ferrari 599, tuned to 600 PP, on sports soft tires.

I'm getting ready to try with the Lotus Esprit V8 02. Also on sports soft tires, and 600 PP.

Also, thinking about trying my 900+ HP Audi Station Wagon.

Would suggest looking for the Ferrari California on pole as so far those have been the easiest races for me to beat. R390 and McLaren F1 are by far the toughest competition when on pole.

I needed some more cash so switched to fully modified spyker 8C. I'm winning but boy is this thing a handful for me to drive. First car I've driven so far in this series that actually out accelerates everyone else on the track. Hitting 175+down main straight on Eifel. Oversteer is a problem as is spinning out! Of course I'm not a great driver/tuner anyways (just call me Harvey Wallbanger :sly:)

I won them all with a Ferrari 599, tuned to 600 PP, on sports soft tires.

I'm getting ready to try with the Lotus Esprit V8 02. Also on sports soft tires, and 600 PP.

Also, thinking about trying my 900+ HP Audi Station Wagon.

I've used my Lotus Esprit V8 '02 fully modified and on race softs to grind Eifel. That was tough enough with my driving skills, I'd get killed on sport softs.

i won in several different cars, the 458 Italia and the Scuderia were a ton of fun...then I got crazy :crazy: and snatched out the R92CP and laid into em :dopey:. I think I finished about 12 seconds ahead of the second place car, not good enough so out comes the 908 and that goes to almost 26 seconds over #2, now that's more like it! :dopey: Ok, I am embarrassed but I was bored so what the heck :) .

Tried running my 69 Vette -- it could get to second -- but either I'm not good enough or it isn't -- I just couldn't catch the McLaren F1

Tried running my 69 Vette -- it could get to second -- but either I'm not good enough or it isn't -- I just couldn't catch the McLaren F1

Like I said above watch for something other than the McLaren F1 or R390 to be on pole and it becomes much more winable with a broader range of cars.

Guarantee that if you can get to 2nd against the McLaren F1 you can take 1st against the Ferrari California.

I used a Citroen Xsara Rally Car on the Eifel track... 2nd place 7 secs behind the lead car... it was a very good one ;)

Okay just tried a max modified Corvette '54 I picked up in the UCD.
Despite getting it up over 400 bhp with very flat torque curve I couldn't get it to accelerate quick enough down the straight on Eifel best finish I could manage was a 3rd.

Just got an Audi S3 '03 from the UCD that I'm going to try next. :sly:

Yes just won on Eifel with the Audi S3 '02 :D edged the Lamborgini Miura P400 by 0.165 seconds. Luckily he started in 3rd and not on pole.

I used a tuned RUF Yellowbird. Very hard to handle, but a lot of fun :)

Tried using an Amuse 380RS, but it's too slow on the straights at Eifel to beat the tougher supercars.

By the way I'd highly recommend the Audi S3 '02 from the UCD for anyone into hot hatches and/or rallying. Very quick and easy car to drivr. I'm a not the greatest driver/tuner by a long ways but had no problem setting this car up and running very fast using race softs, and1 and driving line only. Even dealing with traffic the whole race was turning 1:14.xxx-1:15.xxx laps.

Back