Craziest cars to race in Supercar festival with?

Won the Races on Tsukuba ans Tokyo with my Lotus Elise 111R RM (580 PP, Race Hard).
Hard but can be done.
Failed Trial Mountain so far.
The Ford GTs passed me on the home straight of Tokyo R246, but i managed to get them in the corners.
Funnily enough, I had noch chance to win with my tuned Evo X (as well 580 PP)

I took the new Honda Insight and gave it a complete performance overhaul. I think it had just under 450pp and on RS tires I was able to get 4th on the Effiel track, 5 seconds behind the leader. I even painted it sunlight yellow and bought a CF hood and black rims, so it now looks like some creation from Spoon Sports haha

Fully pimped up Tommy Kaira zz-s '00 with softs. 556pp but damn good fun on the eifel track when up against Zondas and the like :gtpflag:

I ran the last one on Eifel with a GSX/R Concept fully tuned. It ended up being pretty close, but was a hell of a lot of fun.:sly:

💡 E-Type! Thanks for the reminder, I will post my results when I get a chance.

My pleasure and glad to see someone gets the idea:sly:
Thought I really was crazy there for a minute:lol:

Well, tried a fully tuned E-Type. Best I could do was 3rd on Eifel. Good news was that in the first few laps I was able to maintain my distance behind the leader (F-1, Zonda or R390) but when I caught up with the main grouping of cars (8th-5th place or so) I got slowed down and ended up about 17 seconds behind at the end. PP was 508, fully tuned except for the carbon fiber drive shaft :). The E likes the slow in/fast out technique for sure as the tail will come around on you under braking going into a corner.

Also, well done to eran0004 for the success with the A110, I know what a handful that car can be and know I do not have that kind of skill level :bowdown:

I ran the last one on Eifel with a GSX/R Concept fully tuned. It ended up being pretty close, but was a hell of a lot of fun.:sly:
+1 for the GSX-R/4 with sport softs - that thing is a riot!

Managed 1st place 0.5 secs ahead of 2nd in Lotus Elise RM with slicks and stage 1 turbo. Last corner overtake for 1st was cutting it fine.

High End Performance G37
rock stock out of the box w/no oil change - it's good to go and well dialed in already.
Just added some neg. camber. All golds, very close racing.

Maxed out a Mini Cooper S '05. Came 2nd in Tsukuba, 3.4s off first place. Could probably catch him, if I drove manual, and with a little more concentration.

+1 for the GSX-R/4 with sport softs - that thing is a riot!

I did this myself a few days back, and tricked one out completely for the first time - I already had two so I could do that guitlessly, and finally had an excuse while searching for odd things at/below the pp range before I found this thread. The fully tuned engine is just.... good lord. 12900 rpm? Madness! It didn't exactly turn out to be close racing, or well below on final PP, but...

It wasn't really a case of tune, curse setup and lack of skill, tweak and discover car, so much as just hop in and grin.

A lot :)

Maxed out a Mini Cooper S '05. Came 2nd in Tsukuba, 3.4s off first place. Could probably catch him, if I drove manual, and with a little more concentration.

I was thinking of this as well, but I thought with my driving skill that it would be hopeless :dunce:

What do you think would work best, a supercharged or turbo version? So far I only have the supercharged '02 but would be willing to try a turbo version like yours.

Fully beefed up my Daihatsu Storia 2wd finished 2nd on Eifel behind the Ferrari California by 1/4 of the main stretch. 424pp, but 2wd and it has classic torque steer like a turd caused me trouble passing in the corners on the Zonda and the Bugatti. Maximized my attack and I don't think 1st is possible without dive bombing and that isn't my style.
Some of those cars are creepy coming up behind you on the straightaway...

Loving the response everyone, got some great stuff going.👍

My latest project:dopey: is a Ford Focus RS '02
Best finish so far is a 2nd on Eifel. Waiting to catch a break where the pole isn't occupied by a R390, McLaren F1 or similar, need that Ferrari California back on pole lol.

Anyways keep em coming in.:cheers:

I'm going to try the seasonal races with my Range Stormer tomorrow, should be a good one :)

Fully beefed up my Daihatsu Storia 2wd finished 2nd on Eifel behind the Ferrari California by 1/4 of the main stretch. 424pp, but 2wd and it has classic torque steer like a turd caused me trouble passing in the corners on the Zonda and the Bugatti. Maximized my attack and I don't think 1st is possible without dive bombing and that isn't my style.
Some of those cars are creepy coming up behind you on the straightaway...
I agree about those cars coming up behind you, think half the AI drivers would get black flagged the way they drive. Can't count the number of times I've been rear ended, sideswiped and shortstoped by them. Also hate how some of them will ride the driving line like its a train track forcing you to go really wide in corners to pass them and killing your speed.:grumpy:

I agree about those cars coming up behind you, think half the AI drivers would get black flagged the way they drive. Can't count the number of times I've been rear ended, sideswiped and shortstoped by them. Also hate how some of them will ride the driving line like its a train track forcing you to go really wide in corners to pass them and killing your speed.:grumpy:

I agree too. And you noticed the stick to the blue line regardless as well eh? Very frustrating, especially if you already have a line, and are ahead of them and they bump you anyway. Sometimes its just has to be done, ram them off the road!

And watch out for the Yellowbird, especially if you are beside or just behind going into a corner. I have been whacked a few times when he gets sideways and his tail comes around. He sure can recover fast though, even when he goes completely off the road :rolleyes:

1st place on Eifel with Ford Focus RS '02:bowdown::gtpflag:

Okay gonna find something in my garage easy to drive for few and grind a bit after that...hmm that BMW M5 has nice comfy seats...:)

I was thinking of this as well, but I thought with my driving skill that it would be hopeless :dunce:

What do you think would work best, a supercharged or turbo version? So far I only have the supercharged '02 but would be willing to try a turbo version like yours.

I don't know how much HP and PP the '02 would have. My '05 had around 310HP and 500PP. If you can get more from the '02, then you'd probably have a better chance... assuming the handling isn't any worse.

The '02 supercharged makes more BHP and weighs less for a better power to weight ratio. Proper tune on it and getting a starting grid without a R390, McLaren F1 or similar on the pole should make Eifel winnable, but you'll have to drive the wheels off it and fight dirty. :sly:

Currently at work :yuck: delivering newspaper's.
Borrowed mom's 2004 Ford Focus SE 4 door, because my Jeep was out of gas. :grumpy:
This car is same Color blue as the '02 Focus hatchback I used to win at Eifel...to bad it doesn't go like it.g:sly:
Of course I'm sure the cops and my customers are glad it doesn't! :lol:

Oh well only 90 miles left on the route tonight:rolleyes:

At the risk of violating my own policy against Supercars in this thread...Just took 1st place at Eifel in my first attempt with a fully modified Buick GNX '87. Was amazed that my initial attempt at a tune for this car provided such a well behaved car. Expected serious understeer with this FR monster yet it cornered very neutrally. Also even with 632 bhp and 615 ft/lb torque got basically no wheelspin. Finally was very pleasantly surprised by the engine sound, as this is one of the quietest cars I've driven lately with more of a low purr than the harsh whine I've grown used to with most cars. 👍

Gave the AMG CLK55 a go but it's neither fish nor fowl. Too heavy to make time in the corners (even with all weight reduction), not enough power to out gun the competition. You can make it quick but you can't add a turbo or supercharger to give it the edge.

Maybe better suspension tuning and not playing so late at night after 4 hours of French cars might improve matters.:crazy:

Fully tuned Renault Clio V6 '00 managed to beat the supercars at Tsukuba. It was actually easier than I thought, as I won by over 15 seconds.

I have yet to test it on the other tracks.

Well just tried a fully modified Vauxhall Tigra 1.6l '99.
Best I could manage was 8th at Eifel. Not quite enough acceleration/top end.

Trying a Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02 next. Think this one actually has a chance like the Ford Focus RS did.

Back