Craziest cars to race in Supercar festival with?

Great stuff there guys! Haven't tried my own E-type out...from what I'm hearing though I'd probably find it unmanageable due to my driving style :sly: I tend to be a mash the go pedal, slam hard on the stop pedal turn and mash go pedal type of driver. :lol:

Well here's my next update. As I said in my last post tried to tune up the Toyota WiLL VS '01. Afraid I didn't have a lot of success despite it initially looking promising. Even fully modified the engine only puts out around 306 bhp and 193 ft/lb torque, considering the car still weighs 1013 Kg its not surprising that acceleration and top speed down the front straight on Eifel was only about 135 mph. Additionally its large size and FF layout produces a lot of understeer initially. While I was able to get it to a more or less neutral cornering stance it still didn't rip through the turns quick enough to make up much ground on the Supercars. My best finish with it was an 8th.
I decided that it was time to face my fears and give one of my favorite cars another shot on Eifel. The first time I tried running the following car against the Supercars I managed to work my way into 8th place entering the front straight only to be literally ran over and slammed tumbling into the wall around the start/finish line by 3 of the 4 cars I had passed. Needless to say I was a little scared to try it again after that. Well yesterday I got out one of my beloved Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97s (and yes I have several of them with different builds and setups) and gave Eifel another go. Managed 3rd! :bowdown: was a ton of fun and just screamed around the corners. Again lack of top speed down the front straight was its only shortcoming with around 130 mph being the best it could manage. Someone who drives a manual transmission might do much better as I couldn't really make use of the higher peak Bhp and torque offered by a stage 2 turbo and settled for about 10 less bhp and 50 less max torque with the stage 3 turbo. No matter the fact is that ripping by Supercars with this little beast is a pure joy.
Not sure what I'm going to pull out of the garage next, there's several cars in there that I've been meaning to get to but haven't found time for yet! Of course I haven't checked the UCD out since this last run in the Cuoro XX...
Until next time
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Great stuff there guys! Haven't tried my own E-type out...from what I'm hearing though I'd probably find it unmanageable due to my driving style :sly: I tend to be a mash the go pedal, slam hard on the stop pedal turn and mash go pedal type of driver. :lol:

Well here's my next update. As I said in my last post tried to tune up the Toyota WiLL VS '01. Afraid I didn't have a lot of success despite it initially looking promising. ....

Well, that pretty well sums up my driving style too! See if you can do better than my 3rd at Eifel with the E! And I am not surprised about the WiLL, I too bought it and was expecting better but was rather disappointed, so did not bother with too many upgrades.

Well the E-type didn't let me down. I had to use Racing Soft tires, but I didn't feel too bad about it since the AI had 100 PP on me and I started 12th.

IMG_0074.jpg

Can you beat the R390?

Have had fun with a maxed out Caterham Fireblade. It will out accelerate or keep with just about every car from 0-100 (has no chance against the VW W12) and then it starts to fade. Kill them in the corners. The R390 at Tokyo and F1 at Trial Mountain were the best challenges.

I beat it in a Pikes Peak Audi. That thing is a tank! Won all of the by at least 10 seconds in a seven passenger SUV.

My Caterham Seven did not do as good as I had hoped. It seems 157 bhp, 559 kg, and sport soft tires just doesn't cut it against those monsters...
The only race where I managed to catch up to the AI was Trial Mountain. I was able to seize third before some punk SLR pushed me into the chicane and made me roll..
I saved the replay though, gave me a chuckle. :)

A note about racing the E-type....

I won the rest of the races in the Jag and thought about posting my setup in the tuning forum, but the car actually drove like crap.

I looked at the info on my car and noticed it had over 200,000 miles on it. I wondered if I had ever performed the chassis maintenance in GT Auto. So, I had that done, and an engine overhaul at the same time.

My PP improved from 502 to 509. Now, the car drives differently. It's much more stable, but needs further adjustment as a result. When I finish updating the setup I will probably post the tune.

So, the lesson learned here is...Perform the Chassis Maintenance on your old high mileage cars before setting them up.

Toyota Celica Wedsport, & Honda Integra Touring car, makes for a fun catch up race to 1st in every race. & I managed a 59.64s (no grass touching) Lap in the Eifel Circuit with the BMW LMR. Anxiously awaits PD news at E3 & updates.

Last edited:
My Caterham Seven did not do as good as I had hoped. It seems 157 bhp, 559 kg, and sport soft tires just doesn't cut it against those monsters...
The only race where I managed to catch up to the AI was Trial Mountain. I was able to seize third before some punk SLR pushed me into the chicane and made me roll..
I saved the replay though, gave me a chuckle. :)

Fully tune that Caterham to 255 bhp and lots of other stuff and you will beat them easy, i can win with like 15-20 second lead on any car including the R390!

As I said in my last post tried to tune up the Toyota WiLL VS '01. Afraid I didn't have a lot of success despite it initially looking promising. Even fully modified the engine only puts out around 306 bhp and 193 ft/lb torque, considering the car still weighs 1013 Kg its not surprising that acceleration and top speed down the front straight on Eifel was only about 135 mph.

Heya XD, try the Toyota Caldina instead... the 4WD and extra bit of grunt makes it a good step up from the Wills. You can go too powerful with it, but see how far you want to take it.
I already had one fully worked that I managed a few wins with... at work, so can't tell you the PP jsut now. :)

I used the Trial Celicia.
219 kw
970 kg
491 pp
Racing Softs

Won the Eifel race against the XJ220 (he started from pole), have to try it against the R390 but I think 1:11.9xx-1:12.2xx per Lap are ok :D

Sport Softs are a bit to low I think but RH is doable.

I used the Trial Celicia.
219 kw
970 kg
491 pp
Racing Softs

Won the Eifel race against the XJ220 (he started from pole), have to try it against the R390 but I think 1:11.9xx-1:12.2xx per Lap are ok :D

Sport Softs are a bit to low I think but RH is doable.

Those lap time should be good to match pace, but you need a bit extra to actually catch and pass. I was doing 1.11.xxx-1.12.xxx in my Carlton and was keeping a pretty steady 17 seconds back until I ran into traffic to pass. I needed a few extra, maybe 5, to make any headway.

On the other hand, while grinding for credits I was lapping cars in my Ford GT LM Edition Spec-II Test Car, doing about 1.02.xxx laps :) RS, TC at 3, ABS 1 and all other aids on. Easy drive like that.

A note about racing the E-type....

I won the rest of the races in the Jag and thought about posting my setup in the tuning forum, but the car actually drove like crap.

I looked at the info on my car and noticed it had over 200,000 miles on it. I wondered if I had ever performed the chassis maintenance in GT Auto. So, I had that done, and an engine overhaul at the same time.

My PP improved from 502 to 509. Now, the car drives differently. It's much more stable, but needs further adjustment as a result. When I finish updating the setup I will probably post the tune.

So, the lesson learned here is...Perform the Chassis Maintenance on your old high mileage cars before setting them up.
Makes me think - I was trying the E Type for this and getting very baggy performance. I did the engine overhaul but I'm thinking maybe I missed the chassis fix. Have you got anywhere with your new tune?

V6 mid engine Clio, 266bhp and racing medium tyres (have a stack of cars to this spec as a group of us race them) great challenge. not beat the R390 yet though.

Successfully tuned and ran a RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '96 - Not particularly crazy but a real supercar (and hypercar) beater.

Tuned it to about 580 PP with lowered (not full race) suspension and RH tyres. It was capable of getting the lead before the last lap and winning (520-550 PP next time?) until I came across the R390 at Eifel and had to resort to RS tyres to beat it. Even with maxed out HP it drives brilliantly and I highly recommend it. The only minus is the lack of downforce compared to the supercars, even with it's massive tail, so expect to be turning in early to 4 wheel drift through some of the corners - this was especially noticeable at Eifel.

I won the Tsukuba race using a Spoon Civic type R (EK) full tuned/ soft race tyres.
overtaking the Ferrari California at the final lap and ending very close.Did 58.XXX or low 59's per lap.

Anyone know if its possible to win with this car on Sport / race mid/ race hard tyres ?

First I'd like to say hello to those new to this thread. Hope to hear more from you all. Would ask anyone new to please read my posts #1 and #47. Anyways keep having fun and posting.

Well I got a couple more cars on the Eifel track. Can't say I'd recommend either one to anyone as a good car for this as both had serious understeer issues that my limited tuning skills had trouble trying to overcome. With that said (about my tuning skills) I'd like to announce that I'll soon be opening Outlaw Motorsports & Harvey Wallbanger's grill in the tuning forum to share some of the tunes myself and others use for the offbeat cars we run here.

Alright my first car this time was the Isuzu Piazza XE '81. Fully modified it comes to 478 PP, with 328 bhp & 250 ft/lb torque @6900 rpm. Car weighs in at 1013 Kg and showed good acceleration on the front straight of Eifel getting to around 143 mph. Turning was another issue though as it had bad understeer and despite being a FR and my best efforts I couldn't get the rear end to break free, which might be a good thing if you could get it to turn in and hold a line. I did finally persuade it to corner more or less neutrally but wouldn't call it a sharp or quick handler. More or less have to "drive" it around every corner with little margin for error if your trying to push it. Also acted top heavy as I rolled it several times after hitting the corner bumps. Rather interesting experience rolling a car over as you cross the top of the rise. :lol: Anyways I did eventually manage to get it around the course quick enough to pass the Ferrari California in the next to last corner of the 5th lap and just barely hold on for the win. Coming from Isuzu with Italian designing I found it entertaining enough to keep trying and perhaps someone with better tuning skills (or a masicist) could coax better handling out of it showing its true potential.
My second car this time was the Toyota SERA '92 a quirky little car indeed. Fully modified it comes in at 465 PP, with 239 bhp and 177 ft/lb torque@6400 rpm, and a weight of just 809 kg. Top speed down the front straight at Eifel was around 135 mph. Unfortunately this is possibly the worst understeering car I've dealt with yet. Got it to mostly neutral handling when on throttle or under heavy braking but ease up on either throttle or brakes and the car instantly charges the opposite side of the track. Even the brief moment between full brakes and full throttle or vice versa is enough to send it half way across the track. Best finish I could coax out of it was 8th.

Well until next time...
Drive hard and have fun! :cheers::gtpflag:

Just found put you can use the go kart in the supercar events, you will lose but u can make some awesome pics

I've been grinding with my Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89. Mine was already fully tuned @ 630hp and 1022kg, so it's not exactly a challenge unless I detune, but it is definitely weird. I expected understeer, but to my surprise it handles really well. I just used a generic AWD mid engine tune and I haven't changed it as the car drives like it's on rails. It can also be used in the Japanese '80s seasonal...All around it's a surprisingly great car. The stock version would probably be a fun race with SS tires.

I saved a few replays with my canary yellow Ram Laramie unleashing havoc on Tokyo. I didn't make to 1st place on my first try but subsequent attempts were successful. I'll just say I hadn't driven it in quite some time and had forgotten the particular quirks of its (admittedly unstable) tune. After a decent warmp-up/refamiliarization, even the enzo was nothing to fear. Some of the long distance camera angles on the main homestretch are hilarious. I could almost hear the brass fanfare from the opening of Godzilla.

A tuned Holden Monaro beats this event rather easily. Although I'm not that patriotic of an Aussie, it is fun to beat Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in a working class ocker Monaro ;)

I did it in RKM's R34 Black Edition with racing slicks.

Doing the race with a Zonda R is fun and terrifying if all aids are off, except 1 on ABS.
Any low level RMd car with minimal tuning can be fun and very challenging...

Ginetta g4. I love that little car. It looks awesome passing those huge supercars in the corners.

Glad to hear someone can get the Ginetta G4 to corner. I kept spinning out in mine. Would be interested to hear your setup/tune for it.

Oh believe me. I never have a flawless race. That little car will bite your head off. I tried a bunch of different things. Changing the camber..trying to set up lsd. Im not a tuner by any stretch of the imagination. I ended up just practicing for a long time on throttle control with it untill I could be somewhat mediocre with it. I'll still mess up and slide into a wall..very hard.

G4 is awesome! It like the ol' E-Type Jag, but smaller, and slides even more. You have to really throw the car at corners, and try and hang on. :)
I've used this tune (http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=Ginetta_G4_'64) thanks to Dr_Slump, then I added about 5kg and moved it around a bit.

Woudl love to have one of these in real life, would look great beside my other go kart... (aka, '81 Mini).

..also, after havin gso much fun with it in the French Connection earlier, the Hommell Berlinette was able to keep up with these guys quite well, but lost it on the straights. :( Keep tring, maybe I could get ahead enough to do Tokyo.

What do you make of teh Berlinette?

Hommell Berlinetta is a great car, used my free one to do the French seasonals. For that I added ballast to bring it down to the PP restriction and found it cured most of the twitchyness.
You should try it on Eifel in the Supercars, nice twisty track with only the front straight for the AI to make up any ground on you.

Back