Craziest cars to race in Supercar festival with?

I had some fun tonight with a '70 Charger R/T 440. I bought all the upgrades for it, bringing it up to around 780 hp and dropping the weight below 3000 lbs. I think the PP ended up in the 580's. On the Tokyo track, I managed to win by a pretty good margin when the lead car was a Cerbera Speed 12 even with sport softs equipped. Other attempts against hotter lead cars were less successful but still very fun. On Eiffel, I was able to consistently sart the final lap in 3rd place, overtake 2nd around the blind downhill and eek into first in the last few turns.

gold on all tracks with the wedssport celica. fun car to drive but a little too superior. think im gonna try my BMW 320i touring car next:)

I got gold at Eifel in my 525PP 320i. But I "cheated" and used race hard tires.

Am I the only one that finds the Tokyo race hard?

Depends on the car you use. I used the CT230R with sport soft. It wasn't too hard. I screwed up a couple of times and still got gold.

Used the same car and tires for Tsukuba and wasn't able to catch the R390 first try. I tweaked the suspension to free it up and lowered the final gear for more pull off the corners and it was a breeze (despite taking a little off-track excursion).

I won at trial mountain in my jensen interceptor when these seasonals first came out. I'd imagine it was pretty much maxed out which would put it up with the competition power wise. The challenge is keeping it on the track. I am old enough to have been about when these were made & have always really liked them. Will get my silver chrome one out later on & see what I can do at other tracks.

Nearly caught the R390 around Eifel in my Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection '90. In the hands of a better driver, or with some slightly better tuning. I bet it could come first :)

I've been havin fun with a maxed out Pontiac Solstice, surprisingly fun car. Having trouble getting better then 2nd at Tsukuba though

Alright I've just opened up "Harvey Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports" in the tuning forum and posted my first oddball tuner car there. I'll be posting up more tunes of cars I've used here and in the Kei car seasonals and French seasonals over time.

So, a supercharged 300C is definitely overkill :D lol

I passed the R390 at the start of the third lap on Eifel.

It is fun to drive, though. Just the right amount of rear-end drifting, and the low hum from the supercharger is barely audible.

So, a supercharged 300C is definitely overkill :D lol

I passed the R390 at the start of the third lap on Eifel.

It is fun to drive, though. Just the right amount of rear-end drifting, and the low hum from the supercharger is barely audible.

Another fun drive is the BMW M5. Fully modify the engine and Drivetrain and slap a set of race softs on it leave everything else stock. With a touch over 700 HP and huge quantities of torque keeping even race softs hooked up can be a challenge, but the car will just sort of float around the track blowing by all those sports cars. Crank up Wagner's "Ride of the Valkeries" and just cruise.

Okay finally took first in the new seasonal event for the Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08. Since I had bought two of them to try different setup options with I decided to grab the second and head on over to the Supercar Eifel track. After a quick stop in the shop to finish modifying it to the maximum I hit the track. UNDERSTEER! Yikes played with the setup a little and did manage a distant 3rd behind the R390 and a C12. Called it quits for now though it could probably be fine tuned to beat the Ferrari California. Very burned out on this car currently!:lol:

I'm having a fun time using my 427 S/C cobra. Its quite fun, and a challenge, to keep that thing on the road. Possibly my favorite car in the game.

I just beat the R390 on Tsukuba with my BMW Z4 M Coupe. Felt pretty good to reel him in and pass on the last corner.

The Ultimate Supercar!

Okay its officially my favorite car in the game after taking it to the Supercars in an epic David VS Goliath match. I already loved it but this was of mythic proportions!

What is this Wünder Car you ask?
What car could possibly have Harvey Wallbanger GT5s own lovable outlaw dancing a jig and singing its praises?

Ladies and gentlemen it is my honor and privilege to present to you...a car I have affectionately dubbed the "Pocket Monster"...the one...the only...Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato R (J) '97:bowdown::gtpflag:

Yes folks that's correct! A Kei car has won a race in the Supercar Festival!

Toyota Pickup, with the right settings u catch them in corners (!)
Also the Elise RM is very much fun to drive, i always get them well before the finishing line, but the cars handles very funny and well, grinding was bloody fun with this car!

I tried it in one of those Zonda's. Whichever one is the carbon body with red and green striping. Gold wheels. I threw a turbo on it and some racing soft tires. It has so much power, the tires have a hard time maintaining traction in corners. I found myself babying that car through the races, even though it was super fast. I switched to something else to finish a few of the other races in that seasonal ( I think it was a GT-R, but can't remember).

The Zonda you're thinking of is the R '09 version.

ive found my tuned GSX R4 has been doing very well, but tried many other cars, from tuned RM Z28 camaro, tuned Lexus V300, tuned caterham, like my gsx r4 best

I've run all sorts of weirdness recently, but the most satisfying ones have to be those that seem completely inappropriate. Namely Subaru Legacy wagon models, and of course this -
picture.php

Racing softs on the front and Rain Intermediates on the rear. This is the best balance of rear slide to grip for the majority of front drive vehicles and almost completely eliminates understeer.

I'm trying to make my 1970 Challenger behave well enough to win Eiffel. The tune I have on it is too agressive and hard, so I haave to change it a lot. I've won already, but with weak cars in the pole. The R390 and F1 still eat me, altough I always end up two or three seconds behind.

Ran a Xanavi Nissan GT 08 Version. Far too easy with a little turbo bump. Will try something that is a little more challenging, next time. I like the idea of running a wagon :sly: .

I did it with a couple of cars, all on sports softs.

Tuned Subaru Impreza 2010
Mclaren Mercedes SLR (19inch) - with supercharger (tokyo)
Mclaren F1 - stock, limited to 600bhp.

I've done Eiffel with my fully modded Camaro SS and 08 Civic type R and won. Lost in my fully modded Camaro Z28 and Veyron.

Back