Craziest cars to race in Supercar festival with?

I find the R246 race the hardest of all. Like yesterday I used a tuned Corvette Grand Sport to win Trial Mountain easily. Then took it to R246 and got owned. I had to put racing tires on to win that one.

Same thing happened to me in an R34 Skyline last week.

So if you're proud of winning Eifel or Trial Mountain in your Golf, Caterham, or Accord... Take it to R246. :lol:

Citroen GT Concept

It's is like a train with wheels, plan ahead for breaking and turning, but the top speed is sick.

So if you're proud of winning Eifel or Trial Mountain in your Golf, Caterham, or Accord... Take it to R246. :lol:
R246 is all about speed. The track favours cars with a high top speed and the ability to reach them quickly.
Those of us who have won the Supercar races at Eifel and Trial Mountain in unusual cars such as Golf, Caterhams or even a Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato in my case will admit we don't stand a chance on a track like R246 as the strength of our cars is their greater cornering speed and superior handling. I will remain proud of my victories over ultra expensive exotic Supercars in my oddballs regardless of the track they won on, the tires they were equipped with, or the kinds and numbers of modifications made to them.

R246 is all about speed. The track favours cars with a high top speed and the ability to reach them quickly.
Those of us who have won the Supercar races at Eifel and Trial Mountain in unusual cars such as Golf, Caterhams or even a Daihatsu Cuore TR-XX Avanzato in my case will admit we don't stand a chance on a track like R246 as the strength of our cars is their greater cornering speed and superior handling. I will remain proud of my victories over ultra expensive exotic Supercars in my oddballs regardless of the track they won on, the tires they were equipped with, or the kinds and numbers of modifications made to them.

Dude, no need to get all serious. :ouch:

You did notice the laughing smiley thing in my post, right???

Dude, no need to get all serious. :ouch:

You did notice the laughing smiley thing in my post, right???

Yep I noticed it. Not trying to be overly serious but sometimes its hard to tell when someone is laughing with you or laughing at you.:lol: When I started this thread it was for those who wanted to try the oddball and even ridiculous cars in these seasonals. Some people like Trainman got that and ran with it. Quite a few others didn't get it and wanted to go on about their ridiculously over tuned Supercars and how fast they were. In the end its all about having fun in a way that suits the individual. For some of us its racing a hotroded Kei car or samba bus, for others its racing stock Supercars on the same tires as the AI, and for still others its about seeing how fast you can finish the race. All are valid and have their place as their is no right or wrong way to have fun with this. So enjoy the racing whatever your style.👍👍

As Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

EDK
If anyone is looking for a relative challenge, try the Clio or Lutecia V6 Trophy Race Car (Standard Car) on Racing Hards.

PP is well under the rest of cars, but grip and handling are far superior. If you are grinding this one for cash, it's a fun change of pace, if nothing else.

The Luecia V6 Trophy Car was mad fun around the tracks! 👍

I just did it in an Estate Car (station wagon)!!

Admittedly, it was an Audi RS6 Avant ..... but a practical Estate Car, nevertheless!!

Last edited:
I just did it in an Estate Car (station wagon)!!

Admittedly, it was an Audi RS6 Avant ..... but a practical Estate Car, nevertheless!!

that car is sick.
Funny that you should mention using the RS6. I am going to be posting a maximum build tune for it in the next few days.
The tune is mainly focused on time trial type runs on Nürburgring Nordschleife and other high speed tracks. That said it handles remarkably well on shorter twisting tracks. When I use it to make a few extra credits on the Eifel track I'm turning low 1:10s on the first lap and easy 1:08s after that. I'm sure once my transmission/LSD expert gets finished tuning those it will be even faster. It wouldn't surprise me if a better driver than me got into the low 1:06 range or even faster once the tune is complete.

Just did it again in a Jensen Interceptor, fully tuned with Racing hard tyres, just couldn't get any decent grip on Sport softs. Quite easy with clean laps so I tuned it to be mad tail happy.

After that I grinded about 7 million with it to reach to mil and just bought the Ferrari P330.

I'm sure it's been done before (and might even be mentioned in this thread, and I missed it) but....

Dodge 1500 Laramie Hemi Truck just won by 6 seconds!! Fully modded, virtually no tune (dropped suspension a bit). I was in the lead just before the end of lap 3, so the gap wasn't as much as I expected.

Competition wasn't much.... 2nd was Tommy K ZZII '00, 3rd Jag 220.

The big guns (Mclaren F1 and Nissan 390) weren't there....

The replay was really funny.... Dodge Truck powering past Ferrari!!

Eifel is the easiest to win at because the cars break very early becuase they dont work as well in tracks that arent original

i did the ring race with a tuned hsrII concept, came in 1st with the zonda finishing 2 seconds behind.

for 630 horses it has a rather high top speed.

In case you were wondering, no a Volvo 240 GLT Estate is NOT a supercar. At least I managed to beat the Corvette Stingray around Eifel :D lol

...but ironically, the Volvo S60 came first against the Nissan R390. Got him in the last corner :)

The Honda Odyssey couldn't catch the Zonda C12S or the XJ220, but managed a respectable third.

The Honda Accord '02 was 5 seconds away from the McLaren F1 and Zonda C12S! Another few laps. and I would've passed 'em :D lol

A little better driving, and I would've caught the C12S in the Mazda MX-Crossport

And the BMW 2002 won against the XJ220, but probably wouldn't fair so well against other competition

The Plymouth/Chrysler Prowler managed to beat the C12S, but only because it was stuck behind a ZZII :D

Last one for tonight: the Ford Taurus. It couldn't catch the C12S, and is probably the ugliest car ever made :D lol

Last edited:
I'm trying to make my 1970 Challenger behave well enough to win Eiffel. The tune I have on it is too agressive and hard, so I haave to change it a lot. I've won already, but with weak cars in the pole. The R390 and F1 still eat me, altough I always end up two or three seconds behind.

Quoting myself to say that I finally remembered yesterday to do this. Grabbed my car and drove it as I had it. No way. Absolutely uncontrolable, even with racing mediums. I came out behind the McLaren and R390 GT1.

So I delved deeper in my suspension and differential settings. Took two tries to get it right but I was finally able to pass them, incredibly, at lap 4.

A street Challenger is nothing like the race modified car, even fully modified and with medium slicks. With the race modded one it was so easy to win, even against the McLaren. With the street car you have to play a lot with it to make it happen, it lacks a lot of grip and is a total tire shredder. If you put racing softs on the thing it will chew them in three laps flat. The tradeoff of less grip troughout the entire race, but grip nonetheless, is better than great grip two laps, then three laps of smoke-show that will make you get passed.

All in all, fun. Now to try my Suzuki Swift.

Just ground out another few million in the non rally Lancia Stratos fully tuned/no wing. Once you get the hang of its unique driving style its great fun. Slow in fast out is out the window with this car, only fast in fast out works.:crazy:

Mazda Axela 23S (i.e. the Mazda3) = 6:12, just nudging out the C12S 7.3
Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 = 6:09
Infiniti FX45 = 6:01 (but handles like a brick)
Lotus Europa = 6:19 (but doesn't handle like a brick)

STATION WAGONS (worst to best):
Volvo 240 Estate = 6:49 (haha)
Mitsubishi Legnum = 6:21
Nissan Stagea 260RS = 6:06
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon = 6:03
Audi RS4 = 5:58
Audi RS6 Avant '08 = 5:48

I actually prefer the handling of the RS4 to the RS6.
For comparison's sake, the best time I had around Eifel was 5:05 in an Audi R8 Race Car.
All cars were completely tuned, and on racing soft.

Last edited:
Mazda Axela 23S (i.e. the Mazda3) = 6:12, just nudging out the C12S 7.3
Hyundai Tiburon GT '01 = 6:09
Infiniti FX45 = 6:01 (but handles like a brick)
Lotus Europa = 6:19 (but doesn't handle like a brick)
Great stuff there Garbuckle. Love seeing that I'm not the only one still dusting oddball cars off in the garage and giving them a go.

I used an Evo (RM). Took the lead on the last lap halfway through. Very exciting race since I only had around 360hp. Tweaked the hell out of the settings though. 👍

Back