Craziest cars to race in Supercar festival with?

Golf RM :D took the lead on the last turn in tskuba

That one is sweet. I even managed to beat the R390 and F1 on the Eifel track with that one. Something I haven't yet managed with my 2002 Turbo. So far, have only won it if the R390 and F1 are missing.

As for craziest car, I managed to not come last in my Sambabus.

Last edited:
That one is sweet. I even managed to beat the R390 and F1 on the Eifel track with that one. Something I haven't yet managed with my 2002 Turbo. So far, have only won it if the R390 and F1 are missing.

As for craziest car, I managed to not come last in my Sambabus.

I love it super hippiemobile "Hey Scoobydoo where are you?" :dopey:

No, I win stupidity and not coming last. I got to eight on tsukuba in an alto works limited! And ninth on the eifel track with a fire spitting (LOL!!!) old shape Honda insight. With 378pp!!!

No, I win stupidity and not coming last. I got to eight on tsukuba in an alto works limited! And ninth on the eifel track with a fire spitting (LOL!!!) old shape Honda insight. With 378pp!!!

Good stuff, try a Daihatsu Cuore XX '97 on eifel. I managed to get mine all the way to 8th on the first lap before literally being run over and shamed spinning into the wall crossing the start finish line by the four cars I'd passed:scared: couldn't catch back up after that. Thinking of trying again and seeing if I can actually hang on and finish in the middle of the field:crazy:

Yellowbird all the waaay :) It's truly sometimes very difficult to control, and you have to be very careful, especially at blind corners, turns that are off camber, and combinations (S'es). S3s. Stock but with engine and chassis rebuild.

Try to do it cleanly. I'm not v. skilled/pr0 so I am happy I was able to do it with the only aid beeing ABS 1.

Yellowbird all the waaay :) It's truly sometimes very difficult to control, and you have to be very careful, especially at blind corners, turns that are off camber, and combinations (S'es). S3s. Stock but with engine and chassis rebuild.

Try to do it cleanly. I'm not v. skilled/pr0 so I am happy I was able to do it with the only aid beeing ABS 1.

I love seeing the AI yellowbird getting sideways in corners and throwing up huge smoke clouds :D

French Rally Cars, loads of sideways fun and they can win! (well, on Tsukuba at least)
I also managed 8th in a Lupo Cup Car!!

Eiffel circuit track, BMW V12 LMR at 700pp, experimental tunes, toes, downforce, springs (isn't this what it's all about?)
always fun to get into 1st place right at the start of lap#2 by a split of .00x seconds.

lap time like clockwork at 1:00:050 / lap. anyone get under 1 minute?

French Rally Cars, loads of sideways fun and they can win! (well, on Tsukuba at least)
I also managed 8th in a Lupo Cup Car!!

Cool stuff there Smuttysy :) hadn't thought about trying my Lupo cup car. Hmm I fully tuned the Lupo I won in that race so its actually faster than the cup car...wonder how it would do on Eifel :sly:

So many weird cars, so little time...ohhh the choices :gtpflag:

Eiffel circuit track, BMW V12 LMR at 700pp, experimental tunes, toes, downforce, springs (isn't this what it's all about?)
always fun to get into 1st place right at the start of lap#2 by a split of .00x seconds.

lap time like clockwork at 1:00:050 / lap. anyone get under 1 minute?

Actually Lambob this isn't really about fastest lap times but about trying to compete with those exotics using varius, uhm, shall we say less likely vehicles :D but keep racing and having fun.

The most fun I had from the French Rally crew was the Renault 5 Turbo. The back end is really wayward, making for some interesting cornering. Once you get the power down though, it's a really good match for the AI cars.

Been using a tuned 520pp Aston on this as a breaking in exercise for my new DFGT.
Blimey, but there's a learning curve going to a wheel. You feel so feeble and crap to begin with it's all you can do to not fling it back in the box and demand a refund!
Happily, competing in known cars in known races helps a lot, but I still find myself reaching for the 6axis when breaking in new cars.

As for the supercar series, 500 pp is enough if you have racing tyres - it's fun to get overtaken on the straight only to fire past again in the corners, especially on the rolling eifel circuit. The 'circuit builder' tracks are largely the only ones worth repeating (IMHO) in the seasonals, and not just for the slightly higher payouts.

Quick update for me:

Ford F150 Lighting, 1st on Eifel, tuned to 548 PP;

Tank Truck Car: Last, but not lapped :lol: , on Eifel. No mods, and I don't think that any would really help;

Alfa Romeo TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato '65, 11th at Trial Mountain. Just not enough speed to catch up to the big guys but would make up time on the twisty bits 👍 ;

Ford RS200, 8th at Eifel, 22 seconds behind the F-1 but only 9 behind second. With Race Soft and a bit more power could win IF the F-1 was not in the race;

Ford RS200 Rally, 1st at Eifel (no F-1 :bowdown: ), got 1st place with 3 corners to go and was nip and tuck for the win as the AI is much faster on the straight. No mods, just as I bought it. Only rally car I tried as I wanted to compare to the road version.

I think I have now exhausted all the odd-balls I have in my garage, at least for now. Lets see what the next online dealership listing brings!

Just tried the BMW 135i. Came second on Eifel just 2 secs behind the R390 road car.

Great fun going through the corners on Eifel on twee wheels in a big smoke cloud.

Not a very smooth race so I guess I can also win it with the 135. Fastest lap was a 1.12.9xx

LOL, ya all should try this event with a stock Ferrari F40.

Why?

Isn't there enough of the Supercars in the race?

This thread is about daring to be different. Racing that truck, or hot hatch or Kei car or whatever.

If your looking for fastest lap times or to proclaim what a great driver you are with -------- Supercar this thread isn't for you. Keep racing and having fun your way while we're being weird though. I promise we won't hold it against you:irked:

Quick update for me:

Ford F150 Lighting, 1st on Eifel, tuned to 548 PP;

Tank Truck Car: Last, but not lapped :lol: , on Eifel. No mods, and I don't think that any would really help;

Alfa Romeo TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato '65, 11th at Trial Mountain. Just not enough speed to catch up to the big guys but would make up time on the twisty bits 👍 ;

Ford RS200, 8th at Eifel, 22 seconds behind the F-1 but only 9 behind second. With Race Soft and a bit more power could win IF the F-1 was not in the race;

Ford RS200 Rally, 1st at Eifel (no F-1 :bowdown: ), got 1st place with 3 corners to go and was nip and tuck for the win as the AI is much faster on the straight. No mods, just as I bought it. Only rally car I tried as I wanted to compare to the road version.

I think I have now exhausted all the odd-balls I have in my garage, at least for now. Lets see what the next online dealership listing brings!

Way to go! Completely forgot the tank car, (looks out his back window to see if the chickens have made his totally unusable yet...)Figured the Lightning could do it, I'll have to check out the Alfa sounds interesting.

First try with a 271hp Suzuki GSX R/4 up against the R390. Passed him at the start of lap 4 and won by 6+secs.(5:59.434)...I should mention that the GSX had 585pp.
This one was a no-brainer when I tried out my newly purchased Chap 2J for the first time here and beat the R390 by over 45secs...650 or so pp?...I cant wait to tame this one...Well worth the C14,xxx.xxx that I paid for it!...May try it out at Sarthe and see if it's capable of taking the Bleu Ribbon at the 24hr A-spec.

I did this with a Ferrari 458 Italia '09. It has exactly 620PP when fully tuned so I thought as that is what the fastest AI drivers (580-620PP) were running I would do the same. To make it a challenge though I fitted Sports Hard tyres while they all had Sports Softs on. I won 3 of the 5 races on SHs but ended up fitting SMs for the Tsukuba & Eifel races as I could not get ANY power down on SHs. Once I fitted SMs it was 5/5 golds :D. I enjoy the challenge of having 'relative' PP and less grippy tyres, as that punishes you more than lower PP and sticky tyres when you are not smooth and consistent. 👍

Review: Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Races 1, 3 & 4: 620PP, SH Tyres
Races 2 & 5: 620PP, SM Tyres
... Give it a go! ;) It is good fun!

Xerxes :)

Just won the race on Eifel with a fully tuned Caterham Seven Fireblade with 254hp. I got destroyed on the straightaway but caught them all in the corners.

I've won the Eifel track race using Opel Calibra Touring car '94 + high RPM Turbo and S2 tyres :ouch:
Still working on the tune for a win on S1's .

After that I'll be trying the same combo with N3's :nervous:

MadMax

I've used so many different cars now on these races (and won): Lexus LFA, Lexus ISF Racing Concept, Chevy Camaro RM '10, McLaren MP4-12C, Mazda Furai Concept (the first time I've actually used it), but by far the most fun was taking the Lotus Elise 111R RM around Tsukuba and just passing the McLaren F1 on the last lap :)

I've used so many different cars now on these races (and won): Lexus LFA, Lexus ISF Racing Concept, Chevy Camaro RM '10, McLaren MP4-12C, Mazda Furai Concept (the first time I've actually used it), but by far the most fun was taking the Lotus Elise 111R RM around Tsukuba and just passing the McLaren F1 on the last lap :)

One more time folks this thread isn't about how much fun it is to race the same sorts of cars the AI is using.:banghead:
It's about racing the out of the ordinary like the Caterham Fireblade, the SVT Lightning , the Lupo Cup car...in other words a Hot Hatch, a pickup, a Kei Car, or classic car win or lose is what we want to hear about.:dopey:
Not about Ferrari's, Lamborgini's, Lotus', or other "Supercar" or high end race cars.:irked:

Anyways have fun and race hard:cheers:

💡 E-Type! Thanks for the reminder, I will post my results when I get a chance.

My pleasure and glad to see someone gets the idea:sly:
Thought I really was crazy there for a minute:lol:

One more time folks this thread isn't about how much fun it is to race the same sorts of cars the AI is using.:banghead:
It's about racing the out of the ordinary like the Caterham Fireblade, the SVT Lightning , the Lupo Cup car...in other words a Hot Hatch, a pickup, a Kei Car, or classic car win or lose is what we want to hear about.:dopey:
Not about Ferrari's, Lamborgini's, Lotus', or other "Supercar" or high end race cars.:irked:

Anyways have fun and race hard:cheers:

If you want to race out of the ordinary , put on the same tyres the opponents using or even lower :P

raVer

I tried some different cars on the Eiffel circuit, first the Honda s800 RSC race car '68, but it was way too slow on the straight. Best result: 9th place.
Second, the Daihatsu Move '97 (4WD), faster than the Honda but worse in the curves. Best place 7th.
Third, the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint '63, pretty good allround, first car to exceed 200 km/h on the straight. Best place 4th.
Fourth, the Alpine a110 '73, an awesome little lightweight powermachine! Plus it looks like a true classic sportscar, no carbon in miles! With some help from the skid recovery force (cheating, yes I know!) and a tweaked gear box I managed to score two wins in a row. First win was with a huge ugly wing at the back and the second, more refined victory was without the wing. It was a blast to drive, and if there were extra points for flamboyant driving... well...

247003_10150191785532423_638217422_7530361_3907263_n.jpg

I love this car :)

I'll try the race again without the SRF tonight...

Edit: Wow, I'd love to have the Alpine in a Monte Carlo livery!

monte-carlo71-vinatier.jpg

Last edited:
Back