BPR Global GT- Season 1 - Sign Ups Open!

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 312 comments

MitchZ06

(Banned)
Mitch_Z06
slfZn.png

tal015au04.jpg

Welcome to the BPR Global GT, the home of the greatest GT1 and GT2 racers featuring exotic machinery from Ferrari, Jaguar, McLaren, Lotus, GM, Dodge, Honda and Porsche (Ruf).

Running under 2 classes (GT1 & GT2) of 8 drivers each, the BPR Global GT will run a 6 race series for the inaugural season.

Races will be run on Saturdays at the following time:
9PM EST

Race Stewards/Officials:
MitchZ06
Tower Turn 13

IuuuT.png

Anything goes! As long as it's a sportscar, preferably premium and can make the HP spec then it's in.

GT1 - 600hp, no weight restriction.

GT2 - 500hp, no weight restriction.

Now cars without aero mods would be better suited to the GT2 class however it's up to you what class you run in and with what car. There will be a limit of 2x per model so as not to end up with a 'spec' series. Yes some cars will end up dominating but that's the fun that was the BPR Global GT!

bpr.jpg

Thanks Wardez for the sweet as banner!​

Last edited:
V6u4n.png

All races will run for roughly 2hours or more and will be announced as each race draws closer.

DVCy8.png

The points system is as follows:

-Drivers-
1st:20 Pts
2nd:18 Pts
3rd:16 Pts
4th:14 Pts
5th:12 Pts
6th:10 Pts
7th:8 Pts
8th:6 Pts
9th:4 Pts
10th:2 Pts

-Pole Position and Fastest Lap-
Pole position will get 2 points, fastest lap will get 1 point.

TCS and ABS will be the only aids, damage set to heavy and grip reduction set to real (this is real racing :sly:). Tires will be limited to Racing Medium, however cars without any aero upgrades (downforce 0/0) will be allowed Racing Soft.

05D4S.png

Penalties will be handed out to drivers who are in violation of the following:
- Cut corners.
- Cause a crash through ramming or reckless driving.
- Skip grid positions on the pace lap.
- Endangering others (variable).
- A 30 second penalty will be handed out to anyone who moves on the grid before I give the command via chat to start moving.

Footage will be reviewed to determine the severity of the penalty and to decide who caused a crash and other dangerous driving.

The penalties will range from stripped grid positions to starting from the pits after a pre determined amount of time (will be checked via replay).

IMwBJ.png

In this series we use a rolling start. First lap is always the pace lap. The procedure is as follows.

-Qualifying-
GT2 will have 10 minutes on track first whilst GT1 watches, at the end of the session the order will be written down (by myself) along with the pole sitters time. GT1 will then take the track whilst GT2 watches and the final order will be written down along with the pole time.

-The Race-
Once the race starts everyone holds on their brakes and does not move. The order will be listed via chat and the grids will form up into that order. I will then tell the GT1s via chat to start their pace lap. Soon after I will tell the GT2s to start their pace lap and there will be a gap between GT1 and GT2 packs. The speed limit during the pace lap is 100km/h or 60mph, you may exceed this speed in a burst whilst accelerating and braking, swerving etc to warm your tires (thats what a pace lap is for afterall...) however it is imperative to keep a safe distance between yourself and the car ahead to avoid contact.
The lead cars will ensure the speed limit is maintained. Before the last corner both packs will form up into double file, and stay in formation until the start/finish line. Once the leaders of each class cross the start finish line the race will begin, GT1 will start before GT2 as they will get to the line before GT2 does.

Please follow the above procedure otherwise there will be problems as we run heavy damage.

Last edited:
Signup with the usual:
PSN:
Class:
Car:

Roster:

PSN: MitchZ06
Class: GT1
Car: McLaren F1

PSN: FlyinHawaiian77
Car: McLaren F1

PSN: GTP_SpitRacer
Car: Shelby Series 1

PSN: gtamann123
Car: Ford GT

PSN: freshseth83
Car: R390 GT1 Road Car

PSN: Jonerz99
Class: GT2
Car: Ruf CTR2

PSN: Condogg
Car: McLaren MP4-12C

PSN: daibaspeed
Car: Ferrari F40

PSN: I3ertram
Car: TBD

PSN: TomM_F1
Car: Dodge Viper SRT10

PSN: mockingbird00000
Class: TBD
Car: TBD

PSN:Skylinz_Ssz
Class: ?
Car: ?

Last edited:
Car? Class? PSN?

BTW, would anyone be up for a preseason race at La Sarthe 2005 (or 2009 w/ weather and time change) next week?

It's the Honda NSX Type R tho I would prefer the Acura one as its a premium I'm not sure it can make 450hp...

Even tho its not the Honda I'm going to switch the Honda NSX Type R to the Acura NSX from the NCD simply because its a premium.

Its become blatantly obvious that the cars with no aero (F40, etc) are alot slower than the cars with aero so I'm going to have to do something about it in the way of a spec sheet to balance them out a bit better. I wasn't really going for anything serious tho in terms of specs for this series as back in the BPR era the cars performance varied considerably even to the point where GT2 cars were on the podium having beaten out GT1 cars...

Let me know what you all think, I'd like to keep it realistic enough without chaining things down too much.

Last edited:
Even tho its not the Honda I'm going to switch the Honda NSX Type R to the Acura NSX from the NCD simply because its a premium.

Its become blatantly obvious that the cars with no aero (F40, etc) are alot slower than the cars with aero so I'm going to have to do something about it in the way of a spec sheet to balance them out a bit better. I wasn't really going for anything serious tho in terms of specs for this series as back in the BPR era the cars performance varied considerably even to the point where GT2 cars were on the podium having beaten out GT1 cars...

Let me know what you all think, I'd like to keep it realistic enough without chaining things down too much.

The Acura is 415-420 max HP, maybe a race mod for it to balance it out?

and the weight limits?

Theres not meant to be any weight limits, back in the BPR era things were extremely loose in that regard and its probably why some cars dominated and others were backmarkers.

Nice, but why ill take a heavy car? The maclaren is too light, anothers cars will lose bad! Maybe if chance the other cars hp improve race quality.

All modifications are allowed, other than that I dont get what youre trying to say. And craigie (sp?) do you mean reserve your colour so no one else can use it or?

Can I join? :) Been really busy lately, but were finally moving into our house this weekend. After everything is settled I should have some free time on the weekends.

Sweet as man, yeah would be good to have you onboard! Once I've got everything tested and ready I'll create a proper roster for GT1 and GT2 and we'll go from there.

Keen to stick with NRG Racing? :sly:

Also, as I'd like this to be as close to the real BPR as possible (in terms of homologation rules), I'd prefer to ditch the car list and spec formula and just go with 600hp for GT1 and 500hp for GT2 with no weight limit. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I try not to think of it as leaving NRG. Just went MIA for a while. But yeah, I still plan to fly the NRG colors. :) I've still been following the other series. I'm gonna guess that you want to run the F1 huh? lol

Indeed ;)

I'm thinking I might transplant the interviews and media idea from the LMES series into this one if it gains traction and gets some good running numbers.

PSN: Condogg
Car: McLaren MP4-12C

I may want to change my car later as I test and tune it. Would it be possible for a car switch in the future?

Yeah nothings set in stone yet in terms of when the season kicks off, alot of testing needs to be done in the meantime.

Also, I've been doing some quick tests with cars that would be worth using, since the McLaren F1 would be taken (myself and FlyinHawaiian) the next best bet is the R390 GT1 road car which has turned out to be a second faster than the F1 offline at Trial Mountain. Now I know that's going to be completely different online but it'd be great if someone did sign up and use it.

Last edited:
PSN: mockingbird00000
Class: ?
Car: ?

I'm tentatively interested. Not sure if I'll make 11am races but I'll try it out to see how it works for me :)

I'll get back to you with a car, mitch. Going out of town today.

I also suggest stop and go penalties for violating pace lap procedures, if you catch it before the race starts. Like that driver or drivers have to pit before the race starts. Just a thought.

Back