BPR Global GT- Season 1 - Sign Ups Open!

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 312 comments
I can't promise to be there for every race (work/travel), but I can certainly make the effort

GTP_SpitRacer
GT1
Viper ACR (Haven't seen anything from Dodge, and I happen to have an ACR. Hope that's an alright car.)

Wooo, 6 now, 10 more and we'll have a full grid! There will be reserve spots though and I may just include a qualifying day during the week to qualify for the race on the weekend but we'll see.

I like that idea TT13, I'm hoping to get a couple of stewards (if you want to be one just ask) to adjudicate on matters.

@JLawrence, we'll find out how most cars will perform this season to make some changes for the next. Pretty much an exploratory season this one will be.

Yeah though I'm not sure if it'd be competitive against anything lighter than it. That's the thing with the way the BPR was, equality wasn't exactly something they cared too much about....I'm really just interested in having some fun with this and like I said in the OP, certain cars will be dominant but that's how it'll go with such relaxed rules.

If I wasn't such a mad McLaren fan I'd be going with the R390, damn things a rocket ship :dopey:

Ugh.. I don't care so much about winning, but I want to be competitive enough that I will at least have a good race. What would you suggest?

As far as it looks there's really only going to be about 2 or 3 cars that'll be faster. The rest of the field should end up atleast fairly close together, most are in a weight range of about 1000-1200kg with varying levels of downforce available to them. The Viper ACR, Corvette Z06 or ZR1, Lambo Murcie SV, Audi R8, Ford GT, etc all are around 1200-1260kg so will be right in the ballpark with each other, cars with less downforce will be a tad further behind those and the GT2 cars with downforce may end up mixing it up with some GT1 cars (just like the real BPR!).

I'd stick with the Viper TBH, 6 races is a short season compared to most of the other online series so once it's over revisions will be easy to make as they'll be rather fresh in the minds of everyone. But, if you're genuinely keen on running with the guys closer to the front of the class maybe go with GT2?

I'm joining :)

PSN: gtamann123
Class: GT1
Car: TBA <--- Now Ford GT

By the way, Are we starting tomorrow, or next week?

Last edited:
Starting when there's enough but if you guys want to have some test races in the meantime I'm all for it.

BTW, check out the OP. Thanks to forum member Wardez for the graphics, really makes it look a whole bunch better! 👍

*Double Post, yes, I'm doing one*

I'm planning on hosting a race tomorrow as a bit of a test hit out, who's in?

What time?
I won't be able to do anything till after 7pm EST.
But, you're in Australia right? I think I'm gonna have to sit this one out.

7PM EST would be around 10AM for me tomorrow so I'm up for that, say about 8PM EST? How would that go for everyone?

You sure? I prolly need to learn the time zone differences if I'm gonna transfer to New South Wales...but anyways.. I will make a point of being on around then tomorrow. I already added you so I will just keep an eye open for your lobby

Yeah, EST to Aus eastern time works out to around 15 ish hours difference IIRC. Any time between 4am and 8am my time is a no go seeing as I'm generally sleeping then (afternoon in the US) but yeah, outside that I'm good to go.

Only reason I want to do it at night my time is I'm usually up at those stupid hours and generally get absolutely no interruptions.

PSN: daibaspeed
Class: GT2
Car: Ferrari F40 '92

Best if I'm in GT2 right? Also I am hopefully able to make the time. I can't wait to get started. Although, Tokyo R246 may be a challenge for me. Not so good on that track with fast cars. I'll try my best though.

I can drive the F40 right? Open to any car? I think that's what you said.

Also will tracks such as Monza and Suzuka have weather variations? Always better with the possibility of rain.

^^

Tokyo R246 is a bit challenging for me, too. But what I can tell you is the track isn't very forgiving if you lose track of your driving line, much like Monaco -- err, Cote D' Azur.

EDIT: Weather variations would be nice. It'll add a bit of challenge on the zero-flat Monza and to Suzuka.

PSN: daibaspeed
Class: GT2
Car: Ferrari F40 '92

Best if I'm in GT2 right?
Yup, I'll add it to the list 👍
I'd like the F40 in GT1 but without aero and a 5sp gearbox it just wouldn't keep up too well.

I can drive the F40 right? Open to any car? I think that's what you said.
Indeed, anything goes!

Also will tracks such as Monza and Suzuka have weather variations? Always better with the possibility of rain.
Yes, be prepared for a chance of rain at Monza and Suzuka.

That makes 4 GT1, 3 GT2 (TT13's gotta make up his mind) so with 8 cars we've got half a grid. I'll be happy with that for a race tomorrow, what track should we do? Suggestions?

I happen to have a love affair with Monza and Le Mans (Night), but I don't know that anyone else would be as keen to drive them.

I'm kinda the same, I love Monza and absolutely love Le Mans (been there, drove a McLaren F1 GTR there :dopey:) so I'm looking forward to the Monza race. I did consider Le Mans but that may come along as a separate enduro maybe...

I'm kinda afraid of that McLaren in GT2. It can have aero right? :scared:

Also, so far my best lapt on Tokyo (Online, in my lounge) is 1:47.484. I have TCS on 3 and ABS on 5. Trying to work out my aids as I'm not the best driver for oversteering cars. Working on adjusting a tune I found for the car too.

I'm down for a practice race, and those times work great for me!

Also, Mitch, should I be in GT1 or GT2 because the MP4-12C doesn't get much downforce? And I'm not really sure why you say cars with high downforce should be in GT2 instead of GT1. Could you please explain.

Also also, I'm fine with pretty much any track for the practice race as long as it's not eiger or something silly like that :)

That's one of my goals for when I get to Europe, though I doubt it'll be in a F1.

Anyways, how about Fuji GT?

cars without aero mods would be better suited to the GT2 class

I never said cars with high downforce should be in GT2 ;)

It's up to you, probably stick with GT2 with the MP4-12C?

Anyways, how about Fuji GT?

Fuji GT was what I was thinking too, I think we'll stick with that 👍

Fuji GT tomorrow at 8PM EST, if you need the time zone conversion just ask.

Ohh, okay then sweet! I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable in the car, and I hope you guys like my restricted attempt at recreating McLaren's new GT3 car haha

Fuji GT sounds good. It would be a good test of both straight-line speed and cornering ability. I think that would be a good course to get an idea of how the cars will run in the season.

By the way, anyone up for some practice for the practice race? :)

Yeah that's pretty much it. Super long straight and some pretty good twisty corners and elevation changes.

I was hoping for Indy for the practice race. Or pre-season race as you could call it? Fuji hasn't been all that great for me. :nervous: But I'll manage and do my best.

I'm up for practice for the practice race!

Seems I'm very consistent with my 1:47s. No lower, no higher.

Should I paint my F40? Not sure what colour I'd paint it though.

Up to you what colour you want it, if you've got a favorite colour then you might want to paint it that or muck around and find a colour that looks good on it?

I've never liked the Indy road course....I'm up for doing it as another test/preseason race tho.

I wanted my F40 to be coloured like any of the race car versions. I like doing that. But as seeing to Google Images, I see red ones everywhere. Red it is!

Now to go practice on Fuji GT...

Back