MustangRyan

GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup
Premium
United States
North Carolina
Droptop2001gt
The Event:
Open Qualifying, Thursday September 8th - Friday September 16th
The Great American Race, 200 Laps at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday September 17th, starting at 5pm EDT

The Cars:
Any NASCAR race car available in GT5

The Rules/Restrictions:
  • All drivers MUST have a mic/headset to participate, as communication is vital to running a clean race at Daytona
  • All cars are power limited to 502hp, for more realistic speeds/times
  • Only Racing Hard tires will be permitted
  • NO driving aids will be allowed
  • Mechanical Damage is ON, and set to HEAVY
  • Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON
  • Grip Reduction is set to REAL
  • Race Clean - It's OK to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn
  • NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN

Qualifying Procedures:
Post in this thread to indicate your interest in participating. Any number of drivers can sign up, and will be allowed to make one official qualifying attempt. I will hold open lobbies every night (~6pm-11pm, US Eastern Time Zone) from Thursday, September 8th through Friday September 16th. You must make your official qualifying attempt in my online lobby during that time.

An official qualifying attempt will consist of only one driver on the track at a time, running a three lap race (from a rolling start), in an online lobby that I am hosting and currently present to witness. Have your mic/headset ready when you qualify, so that I can verify you will have one for race day.

The first lap of the three is a warm-up lap, and will not count toward your official qualifying time, even if it's the fastest of your three laps. Laps two and three will be your timed qualifying laps. The faster of these two laps will be your recorded qualifying time.

The Race:
Once qualifying is over, the field will be set for the Daytona 500. The race will start at 5pm EDT (lobby open by 4pm EDT) on Saturday September 17th.

We will organize a 2 lap "race" beforehand, where the field will intentionally finish in reverse qualifying order (IE, the pole-sitter finishes last in the 2-lap race). We do this so we can start the real race in our correct qualifying order by starting with reverse grid from previous race. You will HAVE TO HAVE A HEADSET for this to work correctly, as I will call out drivers to their correct positions in the lineup, after which we all parade around slowly to the finish line in our reverse qualifying order. We want to start the race with a 2x rolling start in our correct qualifying order, and this is the only reasonable way to get it to work in a short amount of time. Once the green flag drops on the main race, it's 200 laps to the finish of the most realistic Daytona 500 ever run on GT5.

Signups:
1. MustangRyan (PSN: Droptop2001gt) - #20 Joey Logano GameStop Toyota
2. keldabest13 (PSN: Keldabest13) - TBA
3. Niop (PSN: RFLX_Niop) - #14 Tony Stewart Office Depot Chevy
4. Knelly (PSN: Knelly) - #18 Kyle Busch M&Ms Toyota
5. kenkwilinski (PSN: CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83) - #99 Carl Edwards AFLAC Ford
6. DBUCKEYES (PSN: DBUCKEYES) - #88 Dale Earnhardt Jr Amp/National Guard Chevy
7. spikeyhairdude (PSN: spikeyhairdude) - #18 Kyle Busch M&Ms Toyota
8. The_Boyce (PSN: The_Boyce) - TBA
9. Ganon83 (PSN: Ganon83) - #83 Brian Vickers Red Bull Toyota
10. MrRedSox2542 (PSN: MrRedSox2542) - TBA
11. gravydavy35 (PSN: gravydavy35) - #48 Jimmie Johnson Lowes Chevy
12. MrMulsanne (PSN: Furinkazen) - #83 Brian Vickers Red Bull Toyota
13. Chqr (PSN: Chqr) - #14 Tony Stewart Office Depot Chevy
14. Almeida3000 (PSN: Almeida3000) - #11 Denny Hamlin FedEx Toyota
15. trivran (PSN: trivran) - #42 Juan Pablo Montoya Target Chevy

CURRENT QUALIFYING RESULTS:

1. ACDCROCKS123 - 48.991
2. RFLX_Niop - 49.034
3. JoeOfTheFire - 49.172
4. Knelly - 49.267
5. The_Boyce - 49.749
6. RED_CRAYON03 - 49.782
7. Almeida3000 - 49.807

Last edited:
#18 M&M

This looks awesome, but my fastest Q time on full gas is lap 4!

Can't wait.

EDIT : Would suggest that this thread may be a little hard to find, to those who don't read the Chase thread. Just saying becuase I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the Spot Race forum is the correct place for this thread, though most people will never look in here and find it. The best way to spread the word will be to private message your racing friends with a link to this thread, and encourage them to spread the word to their friends as well.

Don't worry, when I get online later, I will be letting all my PSN NASCAR friends know :indiff:

I'm in but there is a problem for the qualifying as I work second shift Mon. - Fri. If I have to I can take a vac. day.

DBUCKEYES/#88 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevy

keldabest13
I'm in in?

You're signed up, and your qualifying attempt or qualifying race result will determine where you start in the race.

I think 200 laps starting from midnight my time is pushing it a bit too far for me. i'm guessing its around the 2 hour+ time for the race?

The_Boyce
I think 200 laps starting from midnight my time is pushing it a bit too far for me. i'm guessing its around the 2 hour+ time for the race?

Probably around 2 hours and 30 minutes from green flag to checkered flag.

The_Boyce

You're UK right Boyce? I'm certain start time of the 500 is 10:00 and will finish around 12:30 mate.

This goes according to plan, it should have an awesome field of skilled GT5 NASCAR drivers.

I'm considering entering this, currently playing NTG 2011 so we'll see what happens. Good to see people running events like this still on GT5 (NASCAR). 👍

Will update the entry list tonight after work. Looks like a good group coming together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back