FIA GT1 World Championship Season 2 | CARRACER IS CHAMPION!!!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 2,273 comments

Next Series... Sports Tyres or Racing Tyres?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
England
Norwich,Norfolk
GTP_DaxCobra
dcgaa1.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=538

The FIA GT1 World Championship is where some of the worlds most iconic sports car manufacturers come together to battle it out on the best circuits in Motorsport. Five different cars, 16 drivers and 5 teams. It's time to race!

Race Edits:

Time:
Races will be held on Sundays at 17:00GMT

Room Settings:
The Room settings are as follows:
Draft: Weak
Grip Reduction: Real
Fuel/Tyre wear: On
All Aids Apart From ABS: Off

NO SWEARING OR SLANG DURING A RACE EVENT

Teams:

*Everyone will be placed into teams of three. Drivers can pick their teammates or enter the championship with them if they want.

*Only 3 of each car can be used. For example, if one team is using the Ford GT, no one else can use that car.

Points System:

The drivers will receive the points for certain finishing position. These points will add up over the season, and the driver with the most points wins the FIA GT1 Series 2 Championship. The points system is as follows:

1st: 25 pts.
2nd. 18 pts.
3rd. 15 pts.
4th. 12pts.
5th. 10pts.
6th. 8pts.
7th. 6pts.
8th. 4pts.
9th. 2pts.
10th. 1pt.

If you cannot make a race...

Iif you miss a race without telling me you will be penalised, and maybe kicked from the season entirely.

Same goes for dirty driving.

Qualifying:

*We will have 15 minute long Qualifying sessions before the race.

* Once you have entered qualifying, you are not allowed to exit. If you need new tyres, you finish your lap, pit and continue. If you leave to lounge and rejoin we may suspect you to be illegaly tuning your car.

* When coming in and out of the pits, make sure you stay within the white/yellow lines. Failure to do so may lead to a time penalty.

* If you are on your outlap, inlap or a lap where you have made a mistake, make sure you move when other racers are coming past.

* No stopping on the track is allowed.

* NO Contact is allowed in qualifying, nor is any blocking. Make sure you have a nice gap between you and your fellow competitors so that events like this do not occur.

Rolling Start:

*At the start of a race, the cars will set off at cruise speed (60 - 100 MPH) around the track for one lap.

*A pace car will set the speed, everyone else is expected to keep close.

*Tyre warming is not allowed on the Rolling Start lap.

*Once the Pace Car crosses the Pit Line (at the start of the Pit Lane) cars can go full speed in rows of two. No passing is allowed to take place until the Start/Finish Line.

Racing:

* No collisions or blocking on purpose are allowed.

*If you hit a driver off of the track or cause them to spin, pull to the side of the circuit to let them through again.

*Nudges and taps are generally accepted in motorsport, however, pushing someone wide to gain a place will earn you a penalty.

* Do not quit the race in anger. It is a long race, anything can happen.

* Backmarkers have to let race leaders through.

* Upon entering and leaving the pits, stay within the white/yellow lines.

* Pit stops ARE madnatory. You will have to pit atleast once in each race.

* If you have suffered due to one of these rules being broken, do NOT talk about it in the chat. Simply file the complaint towards one of the stewards and wait for a decision to be made. We do not want any animosity between racers.

Race Calender: (NO OF LAPS TO BE ADDED, BUT RACES ARE 45-50 MINS LONG)

Nurburgring GP/D - 30 laps

Monza / Change Weather - 22 laps

Rome - 37 laps

Indy Road Course - 28 laps

Laguna Seca - 30 Laps

Suzuka Circuit / Change Weather (50% Weather / 3 Changability) - 20 laps

Tsukuba Circuit - 50 Laps

Grand Valley Speedway / Reverse

Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse[/B]

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 / Change Time / Change Weather (50% Weather / 3 Changability)

Drivers:

34y9nbd.jpg

PENALTY VALUES

Crossing the line out of the pits: (Depending on how bad) +15 second penalty to DSQ.

Causing someone to go off the track without letting them back through: (Depending on how bad) +5 second penalty to DSQ

Using others as a wall (Leaning on others) to gain a position: +2 second penalty

Overtaking before the start line on warm up lap without conceding the place before the line: +2 second penalty

Not serving the madnatory pit stop: Disqualification From Race.

Weaving down the straights: Warning for 1st time, 5 second penalty for 2nd time.

Aggressive Blocking: (Depending on how bad) Warning to +5 second penalty.

If a driver recieves two penalties in a row, they may lose grid positions in the next qualifying.

OFFICIAL PENALTIES AND WARNINGS

Sunday 22nd Jan - Round 1
Public warnings:

Sumo098, DaveMay, DK, A_Higher_Place and lvoldenmort666 for cutting across the white line out of the pits.

lvoldemort666 for making more than 1 move on a straight (weaving to break slipstream)

Sunday 29th Jan - Round 2
Penalties.

carracerptp: Crossing white line.... + 5 seconds
Driftking18594: Crossing white line.... +5 seconds
Sumo098: Crossing white line!.... +5 seconds

Public Warning(s)

Damon Hill: Speeding into the back of neljack, causing him to lose time at the pit stop.

3537gjo.jpg

Last edited:
The Cars:

The list below was drawn up after hours of testing. Cars were tested both on time trial and racing ability. While all cars tested were within 0.2 seconds per lap there may be slight discrepancies in performance, it is up to you to make the right choice based on power, handling and drive train. Please note that requests for vehicle tests will be declined. Thank you to neljack who originally helped me devise this list.

65de11.jpg

24nhgkn.jpg

aaxd14.jpg

25sa3gz.jpg

6ixxg7.jpg

FIRST NON-ECLAT REPLY!

Count me in, and likely for the GT-R as it was so beautiful to drive in the testing.

And I found a typo! In the first chapter after the image, you say "4 different cars, 16 drivers and 8 teams". That doesn't exactly sound correct. :D

FIRST NON-ECLAT REPLY!

Count me in, and likely for the GT-R as it was so beautiful to drive in the testing.

And I found a typo! In the first chapter after the image, you say "4 different cars, 16 drivers and 8 teams". That doesn't exactly sound correct. :D

Sorry. Was thinking of the old series. :D

And awesome, Furi.

Also my team will be Death By Carbon, teammate still open but anyone's okay as long as they are active 👍

Color: Super Black, rim color TBA.

Hold on, VenoMM has black too... I somehow read it "blue" the first time :D Okay, might change it at some point, but as of now Super Black is still official.

Updated.

Had to get the thread up before I change my mind about the series :lol:

Rushed it a bit, so it's missing a proper calender and some rules will be changed.

also, the rolling starts will be explained in further detail :D

Also my team will be Death By Carbon, teammate still open but anyone's okay as long as they are active 👍

Color: Super Black, rim color TBA.

Hold on, VenoMM has black too... I somehow read it "blue" the first time :D Okay, might change it at some point, but as of now Super Black is still official.

Our Green wheels will stand out anyway :sly:

Looks great but...

*Grumbles about it coinciding with dinner*

Anyway, I reckon the 4wd will come into play a bit more this year with the new tyre wear...

Unless the only way you know how to drive one is by sliding it round corners....

Like me....

:dopey:

Can you add an italia to the group so i can race my new one?

I'll set it to 520pp?

Nope, sorry, done all the testing I want to do and the cars are very equal.

PineappleJuice
This looks great, what will be the times. Also do we need a partner to enter

The times are listed at the top of the thread, it will be at 5PM GMT. And no, you don't need team mates to enter, as you can find them.

Remember guys, this is a 3 man team event. :D

Furinkazen
May run in Team Veloqx tribute colours...

So, Silver/Purple? :)

Looks great but...

*Grumbles about it coinciding with dinner*

Anyway, I reckon the 4wd will come into play a bit more this year with the new tyre wear...

Unless the only way you know how to drive one is by sliding it round corners....

Like me....

:dopey:

Perhaps you could go down as a reserve? :)

GTP: MattyMc96
PSN: MattyMc1996
Ford GT

Hmph, Dax was AFKing when I joined the lobby, and neljack was nowhere in sight :confused:

Well, the R8 seemed good to me when I tried it so I think I'll be using that this season.

If I'm reading the OP then I guess I have to. My R8 is already blue so no worries! :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back