Fuji Speedway GT

:: Only Open to ORCA Alfa Zagato Cup Drivers ::

Race Details:
  • Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: World Circuits > Fuij GT
  • Car: Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:
  • Power: 178 HP (Stock Car with Oil Change) - After engine break in.
  • Weight: 620 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine Modifications: N/A
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications: N/A
  • Engine Power Limiter: Optional
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (Verifiable on replay HUD)
  • Oil Change: Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Active Steering | ASM | TCS | Driving Line | ABS): Optional
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Up to Maximum Downforce is Allowed (No Aero Upgrades Allowed)
  • Tire Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional
  • Tire Wear and Fuel Depletion (New for Spec II): OFF - Your Replay must show a full fuel tank and unworn tires.

Race Specifics:
  • The event MUST be run using your ORCA series registered PSN account
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track.
  • Green or Tarmac Run off Areas are NOT Part of the Track

Steward's Comments:
TBD

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:
  • You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply click here and use the form to enter the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The system is automated and will add your splits together.
  • Each submission will overwrite any previous entries.
  • Enter the sector times from your fastest clean lap even if the T2 split is slower.
Save best lap / ghost replay icon:
pb060041mt3.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
The following information can be discussed in this thread:
  • T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion
The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to. It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

Submission:

All total lap submissions must be submitted via this google form prior to the deadline.
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Tuesday, January 24th 11:59pm GMT

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full week after the event's deadline:
  • Racers, named by the Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within three days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

FujiGT_3.jpg

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I post a replay without a USB thumb drive?

Yes, there are ways to do it. Just go ahead and run the time trial and save your fastest ghost replay and we'll figure out how to get your replay at the end if it's required.

Note: The idea is to submit the splits from your fastest lap after each session/day. So for example: you run 10-20 laps today, save your best ghost replay and post the splits using the google form above. You can also post a message to the thread with any tips, learning approaches you took that might help others. Or if you tweaked the default tune you could post your setup. Then tomorrow, you load up your ghost and beat it after 10 laps. Save the new ghost, come back to this thread and submit your new splits and they will replace the older ones. Etc. Until we get to the submission deadline at which point you submit your best and final lap time.

Also, when you post your splits to the form it probably also makes sense to post a new message to the thread so people know there was an update. Some message like this which I took from the WRS time trial thread:

Remember the goal here isn't just to "win" the time trial, but to help the entire team run faster laps so they will perform better during the final stage of the special event. It's all about the Team. :sly: Driving technique and setup discussions are encouraged.

First session done. Ran car on stock settings.

Also noticed that putting the right side wheels on the curb at the exit of the final corner triggered a lap invalidation for the current and consecutive lap. Wasn't one of my faster laps and I had already run wide at turn 1 to invalidate the lap.

T1: 24.695
T2: 36.924

Brings up a good point. If GT5 invalidates the lap (time turns red) that lap is dirty and will not count. However, if GT5 doesn't red flag the lap it doesn't mean it's clean. You have to keep two tires on the track surface at all times and GT5 doesn't check that everywhere. That's where the replay comes in... if it's close save the replay and check it out and make sure it's clean. If 3 tires go off track throw that lap out.

Last edited:
Thank 👍
I'm slow at this track so I should need some tip. Hopeful I can contribute something as well.

This is the same as WRS rules right?

This is the same as WRS rules right?

Yes, this will follow the exact same rules as WRS. You can see this thread if you want to follow the discussion for the WRS time trial which is parallel to ours.

I'll get the splits board started. After 10 laps with the stock tune:

T1: 24.517
T2: 36.487

I was quite a bit behind my ghost in T1 so can do better there, but had a good 2nd and final sector. I think a small transmission tweak is in order as I'm not quite maxed out at end of long straight -- but it's pretty close.

Remember -- don't mention times from the final sector or the total lap -- those remain secret until the trial is over.

Thank you for your quick response. I am new to all of this so I'm learning all the time.

Marcus, I hope you can make the special events. With any luck the bug will be fixed in the patch and regardless we are going to keep the grid size low in order to minimize. Team ORCA could use your pace. :sly: But regardless of the online events, the bug can't impact the offline time trial!

I, as well, hope they resolve these issues.

I just ran half of a dozen laps with the stock setup. I was being rather conservative as I haven't ran this track layout in a long time, so there's plenty more out there. I suppose if I fool with the setup theres a bit of time in that, too.

T1: 0'24.351
T2: 0'36.367

I think this is what I need for learning with the G27, I have incentive to go as fast as possible but don't have to worry about taking out other people if I screw up. I'll have some splits later.

I, as well, hope they resolve these issues.

I just ran half of a dozen laps with the stock setup. I was being rather conservative as I haven't ran this track layout in a long time, so there's plenty more out there. I suppose if I fool with the setup theres a bit of time in that, too.

T1: 0'24.351
T2: 0'36.367

Use the form in the 2nd post to enter your times so they show in the grid. Just enter them without the minutes: 24.351 and 36.367. I'll go ahead and enter them for you, but if you run more laps and improve your times just resubmit.

PS> I set off in a new setting sheet so I could tweak transmission a bit. Immediately crushed my time only to notice on the replay that switching to another setup sheet changed the tires to Racing Hards... no wonder I was so fast. Then I switched to Sports Soft and beat my original time only to have the system say it wouldn't save my replay because I didn't beat my RH time. :dunce: I'll easily replicate that time anyway, but just thought I'd point out some of my foibles already so you guys don't make the same mistakes. If you run a dirty fast lap or a fast lap with the wrong tires, quite out of practice mode and come back so the ghost is reset.

PS> I set off in a new setting sheet so I could tweak transmission a bit. Immediately crushed my time only to notice on the replay that switching to another setup sheet changed the tires to Racing Hards... no wonder I was so fast. Then I switched to Sports Soft and beat my original time only to have the system say it wouldn't save my replay because I didn't beat my RH time. :dunce: I'll easily replicate that time anyway, but just thought I'd point out some of my foibles already so you guys don't make the same mistakes. If you run a dirty fast lap or a fast lap with the wrong tires, quite out of practice mode and come back so the ghost is reset.

In that situation could you not reload your saved ghost or would it still be overridden by the faster RH time?

I will keep an eye out for that, although I'm not sure I'll have time to do any tuning.

In that situation could you not reload your saved ghost or would it still be overridden by the faster RH time?

I will keep an eye out for that, although I'm not sure I'll have time to do any tuning.

I did unload that ghost and load an old one, but it didn't let me save. I was able to match that time again anyway.

T1: 24.430
T2: 36.173

I made basic adjustments to the tune: Full down force in both front and rear and tweaked the final gear to 4.650 so that I'm maxed out at the end of the straight. Nobody has to spend much time tuning... later in the week I'm sure the WRS tuners will be posting and tweaking tunes we can use. If I try any with good results I'll post them here.

EDIT: Mucked with the ride height. Use the offline trick: Min ride height in the back (-35) and max ride height in the front (+15). Don't try that online as it doesn't work.

T1: 24.314
T2: 35.685

Seems like 100R needs to be taken quite wide in this car to maintain RPMs. Unlike previous cars I've driven here where medium to tight attack is best. Found out by accident really as took Coca Cola really fast and ran onto exit rumbles and had to jerk it back left and ended up with wide approach. Worked great.

picture.php

You have to be full power pre-apex on almost every turn with this car. Coca Cola and Dunlop being the only exceptions I think. The Hairpin you have to *really* get on it early as the exit is parabolic. Brake wide and late into 2nd gear, turn into apex and then jam on full throttle and run out as far as required. Cars with more HP will tend to spin out if you are too aggressive, but this car lack the power to cause problems.

Last edited:
I added some downforce lowed the transmission, and did 6 laps.
My best T1 is 24.054 and then I mess up every time... Fun track.

I added some downforce lowed the transmission, and did 6 laps.
My best T1 is 24.054 and then I mess up every time... Fun track.

A T1 of 24.054 is very fast and within 0.05 of the fastest T1 on the board so far (by a D1-gold driver). Note: I've found from doing these time trials often that you don't want to just reset after messing up in T2 otherwise you'll be unbalanced having N practice runs in T1, but only a small percentage in T2/T3. Better to just keep doing full laps even if you mess up a lap early. I do tend to reset if I completely fudge the last corner because otherwise the entire next lap is pretty much garbage without the top speed at the line.

Here's the first tune posted in the WRS time trial (I've yet to try it):

EDK
Aero = Max

RH 10/-35
Springs 8.5/6.5
Damp Ext 5/4
Damp Comp 5/4
ARB 7/1
Camber 2.5/0.8
Toe 0.0/-0.25

LSD 5/20/5

Brakes 1/5

Gears

Move final to far right (6000) and then top speed to far left.

Set these gears.

Final = 4000

Top speed in top right = 180 MPH

Lowest rear RH seems to affect top speed, please be aware of that.

Same setting (stock). Got a T1 of 23.986 :: T2 36.188
I love T1.......Hate T2.
I'm like this at every track, don't know why.

Same setting (stock). Got a T1 of 23.986 :: T2 36.188
I love T1.......Hate T2.
I'm like this at every track, don't know why.

Nice T1... It's only one turn and I'm losing almost 0.4? Not sure where I'm going wrong there. What is your speed at the start/finish line? I'm at 129 mph -- a half a tick either side depending on my exit from the final corner.

I notice on a few exits you can be WRS clean, but get the dirty flag. First corner and last corner if you get the inside (right) two wheels too far on the rumble you get the red flag even though it's clean by the rules. That's something they've changed since the last time I ran a time trial here in August.

Nice T1... It's only one turn and I'm losing almost 0.4? Not sure where I'm going wrong there. What is your speed at the start/finish line? I'm at 129 mph -- a half a tick either side depending on my exit from the final corner.

I notice on a few exits you can be WRS clean, but get the dirty flag. First corner and last corner if you get the inside (right) two wheels too far on the rumble you get the red flag even though it's clean by the rules. That's something they've changed since the last time I ran a time trial here in August.
Yep, the "red zones" here are close.

129MPH at the line, I think with a fully setup transmission I could get a few more MPH...
I'm just maximizing the straight.
I think 23.5s? with a setup?

Those are some nice splits, carracer! 👍
I got these splits running Kevin's suspension but using a pretty much stock tranny. Adjusted final gear like Tim did. I can see a 23.9xx for me, but not much more than that.
T1: 24.309
T2: 35.959

I have to work tomorrow, so I probably won't have new splits until Tuesday, but I'll post any tuning ideas that I come across.

Racing On!

I shall begin working on my Fuji Laps tonight or tomorrow. Have only run the car stock in the Alfa Series and it's a great ride that way, but should be even better tuned.

My splits are with the untuned Alfa I use for the Zagato Cup. I'm not that familiar with this circuit but I should be able to trim my times with a bit more practise.

The hairpin was causing me loads of problems but after reading Tim's findings I clawed back quite a bit of time and there is more to come. I still find I'm turning in too early which severly compromises my exit speed.

My splits are with the untuned Alfa I use for the Zagato Cup. I'm not that familiar with this circuit but I should be able to trim my times with a bit more practise.

The hairpin was causing me loads of problems but after reading Tim's findings I clawed back quite a bit of time and there is more to come. I still find I'm turning in too early which severly compromises my exit speed.

Try the tune I posted above from EDK. According to the WRS drivers it's helping quite a bit... I haven't tried it yet, but I did modify the car from stock.

Going through 100R you want to get back far to the right approaching that hairpin. I find if you are too tight through 100R it's too hard to hold the car inside on the approach, but if you take a wider line and feather the throttle as necessary you can make it back to the far right before braking for the hairpin. Approaching the hairpin I brake quite early and down to 2nd gear, then turn in and hit the gas full throttle before the apex -- ideally hitting the rumble on the inside and then drifting outside to the rumbles on the far right as you coax the car along the parabolic left.

Using the ghost feature of offline practice mode is pretty useful to determine what's too late and too early, but with the long run to Dunlop a better exit will almost always dominate a fast entry. Sometimes that ghost gets on my nerves (when I can't catch it), but it is a great learning tool. Wish they had something like it for online practice mode. How cool would it be to have the ghost of the current fastest lap in a lounge prior to a race to chase around.

The hardest turn for me to get right is the first turn and Coca Cola. I get those right at times which is fine for a time trial, but not consistently enough yet for optimal race performance.

New splits tonight using the tune posted above:

T1: 24.076
T2: 35.679

I will be going for my time today, I'm still trying to find a good line around 100R.

When I take that, I'm always trying to get the best line on the hairpin without lifting. The exit of the hairpin is super-important, and you have to get on the gas so early with this car that I concentrate most on hitting the entrance that gives me the best exit.

Hope that helps, but I'm not sure I understand it!! :crazy:

We are going to extend the ORCA time trial 24 hours as drivers are focusing on the La Sarthe race this week. You have until 23:59 GMT on Tuesday to submit your final lap, but encourage you to submit splits whenever you do a session. You can also submit your lap time anytime -- the link is live on the front page under the splits leaderboard -- you don't have to wait until the last minute. I wouldn't risk waiting until the very last minute in case something goes wrong with google docs. You can submit a new lap time after a previous submission as long as it's before the deadline.

Also do not post your lap times in the thread if you didn't take part in the time trial and didn't submit officially via the form. Here's how they put it in the WRS time trials:

Drivers who do not have a submitted lap posted in the results are not to post any information related to a laptime they might have achieved in the results thread. Any such posts will have the times removed.

The official results will be posted shortly after the new deadline.

I may participate. To be honest, hotlapping around Fuji in the TZ2 doesn't appeal to me, but I'll try to put in a few laps for the ORCA team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back