Bad ffb after last patch 2.04

claucla8869
Hello everyone, I open this thread because, after the latest patch 2.04, the FFB on all flying is a bit better in the use of the X2010-x2011, fgt and Ferrari F2007-F2010, but it is much worse in the control of all other cars in the game.
Feeling not only proven to me, but also from other members of the Italian forum to which I belong.
Specifically, in the first 10° of steering the car is insensitive to small correction of equipment that are made in the guide, also maximizing the FFB (especially in the thrustmaster ts500 and g25-g27), the feeling of FFB is almost gone, machine insensitive and steering which is violated in order to steer!
Horrible change from PD, just as a favor to the few who used the X2010-x2011 for all races. For someone like me, the X2010-x2011 was used only for testing Vettel or endurance to do the very few in a short time, he never complained of FFB. while for the FGT and the Ferrari was almost a pleasure to guide them with the difficulty of keeping them!!
I sincerely hope that the PD they turn and rearrange everything as before, or on-line races everything got worse, and none of us enjoys more!
It almost seems to drive Shift2 and that is not a simulator!!
How many of you have had our own feelings?
Let us hear, they change quickly this horrendous patch (also many do not receive either credits or points in the online experience of this and are already making good).
Possible that they can prove the changes before making them active???
We expect many, we are more, listen more!!

P.S.: Sorry for my English, if you don't understand, going to guess!!!!

Last edited:
They are a big letdown. I have it set to 10 and realistic on my G27. Last night after i downloaded the new patch I did a race on London. On a very fast turn I crushed full force on the wall. All I got was a small wobble to the opposite direction.
That is not realistic at all. If i wanted less FFB I could just reduce it below 10. This way they only reduced total FFB for every one instead of just fixing the problem while going straight in a F1 or X1. Also for the old players remember that G27 was already recuded in FFB in one of the early patches.
I would like to hear your observations with the new FFB changes. Is it me or they only reduced the force in everything. I didn't fell any tweaks in the FFB.

P.S. Mod I wrote this here instead of sim hardware since it's only related to GT5.

They are a big letdown. I have it set to 10 and realistic on my G27. Last night after i downloaded the new patch I did a race on London. On a very fast turn I crushed full force on the wall. All I got was a small wobble to the opposite direction.
That is not realistic at all. If i wanted less FFB I could just reduce it below 10. This way they only reduced total FFB for every one instead of just fixing the problem while going straight in a F1 or X1. Also for the old players remember that G27 was already recuded in FFB in one of the early patches.
I would like to hear your observations with the new FFB changes. Is it me or they only reduced the force in everything. I didn't fell any tweaks in the FFB.

P.S. Mod I wrote this here instead of sim hardware since it's only related to GT5.

see this, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=243296

Is really that bad?

I counld't download the last patch, yet, and I'm not going to if it could ruin my off and online experience.
I'd rather only play A-Spec with a decent FFB than not playing the game at all.
Looking forward for other replies!

I noticed a slight change in the FFB too. They should have changed the FFB individually for the F1 cars/X2010/X2011s and if that was too hard, then they should have left it. On the morning after the update I turned my FFB up from 5 to 6 and it felt a bit closer to what it did the night before.

No it hasn't, I noticed it yesterday, thought my wheel was broken!

I have a Fanatec and the feedback has been reduced like mad.

X2011 feels like a boat, no feedback.

It has always been like that.

Yeh, i think so too.

Ive had my own little g27 glitch since the new update.

My psn signs in automatically, so im always signed in when my ps is on.
While playing some aspec races, my account signed out, and the second that happened my wheel lost a little bit of ffb. Felt loose. Just for a second though. Its back to normal after that.

Its happened twice. But it isnt a big deal unless it catches me off guard during a high speed turn.

On the GT website it says it only effects the Formula cars and the X2010/11????

They also changed the pull on banked track but that's it apparently. :confused:

Wind noise is louder than engine in FGT above car view! New update sucks!! I'm very upset that every update they screw something up that was good!

I've tested a Maserati GTS tuned to GT4 race spec and the steering feels like a really average road car. Maybe this is the cause... Will test with my usual cars, if it feels wrong on even a TVR then theres no denying it.

No it hasn't, I noticed it yesterday, thought my wheel was broken!

I have a Fanatec and the feedback has been reduced like mad.

X2011 feels like a boat, no feedback.

Read the changelog. That WAS one of the changes.

The initial force feedback of Logitech steering wheel controllers when driving formula cars, has been made milder, and was adjusted to make it easier to drive in a straight line.
Applicable controllers: Driving Force™ GT, G25 Racing Wheel、G27 Racing Wheel, GT Force®Pro, GT Force®、Driving Force™, GT Force®RX and Driving Force Wireless
Applicable cars: Red Bull X2011, Red Bull X2010, Ferrari F10, Ferrari F2007, Formula Gran Turismo

But the way FBB works concerning crashes was always like that. The FFB is for everything tires related, not the overall car, crashing your car won't affect it unless you damage the tires.

I'm curious as to what brought up this as a concern for PD. I don't recall anywhere on these forums at least where people complained about the FFB of the X2010/X2011 or Formula cars. I'm sure they have other sources of feedback, but that's not my point. My point is how did the FFB get addressed as an issue, because, as it seems, not really anyone thought it was a problem?

hm... I never complained, but that doesn't automatically mean, that I was satisfied :sly:

I've got a Logitech Driving Force Pro mounted to a very light camping-like
table with an 27" Asus computer monitor on it...

Driving the Red Bull at Speeds over 250 kph causes a FFB that almost
tears my table apart... it's shaking that much, that things keep falling off the table.

Even when going in a straight line... I think it simulates vibrations caused
by the rear spoiler.

That is/was very annoying... I haven't tried it after the update, yet

Henk :)

I noticed a slight change in the FFB too. They should have changed the FFB individually for the F1 cars/X2010/X2011s and if that was too hard, then they should have left it. On the morning after the update I turned my FFB up from 5 to 6 and it felt a bit closer to what it did the night before.

They did only for the F1's ans x2010/2011 the rest has stayed the same and doesnt feel any different.

I must say, patch 2.04, as happy as I am to receive any GT5 update, this particular patch, is either a mistake (bad beta upload to the masses), or untested, or perhaps tested by a junior employee at PD, this patch destroyed everything since 2.0.

FFB is gone on my G25, at setting lvl6, untouched. (was driving a Zonda with racing softs last night)
Tire noise is gone
Grip is gone
Wind noise is at 300% (this patch is GONE with the WIND)
default Tranny noise is at 0%
Collisions are rampant and occur from further spaced cars, than ever before
Penalties are missing.
Online Nurburgring has random appearing graffiti throughout the track
Smoothness? maybe, but at the expense of all of the above, no thank you.

Kaz, please go to your studio and address this asap., please.

Patch 2.04, is 5 steps back., on the Nurburgring, with the G25 and front hood view.

Wind noise, is at 300%
FFB has been weakened tremendously, almost non-existant, as prior G25/G27 support
tire noise , missing.
graffiti, random all over the track
raced with 16 people online, cars hitting each other, seemingly out of nowhere from the start line.
(^ happens regularly, but this was glitchy, as if hit/collission detection is amplified from further away)

default transmission noise, not there, wind is coming down like a hurricane in my eardrums.

PD, PLEASE make Sound adjustment SLIDERS for:

Engine 0-100%
Transmission 0-100%
Tires 0-100%
Wind 0-100%
Crash 0-100%
Ambient 0-100%
Opponents 0-100%
Horn 0-100%

Patch 2.04 now has: Wind @ %300, and all else at 5%
(stereo floorstanding speaker setup)

raced 5 laps, and turned the game off.

/sad

Last edited:
Have you ever pulled your head out of window at 150 km/h? Or 300, uh? It's pretty accurate now. Everybody talks about how the game isn't real enough and in the end they are turning damage off and talk about too loud wind outside car. On a naked type motorcycle you barely hear your engine starting at as low as 80 km/h.

I can understand the physics involved, when sticking head out the window, but if PD modeled the viewpoints , to have our heads unprotected away from cockpit, then that is a grave mistake, and we should experience concussions upon collisions.

They should be merely viewpoints, and sound should be uniform "in the game".
I appreciate the wind noise effect, but now front hood cam is a huge letdown, for I cannot hear my tires and transmission , from my favorite "camera angle"

perhaps, it's just me, and need to get used to the new game. each patch brings forth a new experience.

I must say, patch 2.04, as happy as I am to receive any GT5 update, this particular patch, is either a mistake (bad beta upload to the masses), or untested, or perhaps tested by a junior employee at PD, this patch destroyed everything since 2.0.

FFB is gone on my G25, at setting lvl6, untouched. (was driving a Zonda with racing softs last night)
Tire noise is gone
Grip is gone
Wind noise is at 300% (this patch is GONE with the WIND)
default Tranny noise is at 0%
Collisions are rampant and occur from further spaced cars, than ever before
Penalties are missing.
Online Nurburgring has random appearing graffiti throughout the track
Smoothness? maybe, but at the expense of all of the above, no thank you.

Kaz, please go to your studio and address this asap., please.

Ive had the sound effects problem as well. Could hear tyres and screeches and the other cars real well, but couldnt hear my own engine. It was there but barely audible.

itll fix itself if you quit, go back to gt life and then reload the race.

I personally use 3-4 FF on my T500 RS and it´s pretty realistic in all cars in GT5. I have never had a steering wheel in my hands - in real cars, where I need to wrestle with the steering wheel. Set the FF on 5-10 is one of the biggest mistakes that people make in all simulators (iRacing is no exception). The FF effects are not here to break your hands and not all effects from suspension and overall car feedback are translated by steering wheel only. Good tip: test more real cars, incl. supercars in real life and go back to GT5 and set the steering wheel on 3 - 4. The real difference is in GT cars (they are a bit heavy on steering), in most present prototypes it´s pretty easy cause of very effective power steering. End of story.

Last edited:
I haven't tried the game since before the new patch. The FFB on my G27 has always been very weak - I had to put it on 10 and it still was not enough (and I'm not a strong guy). I'll be devastated if the FFB has gotten weaker, it'll ruin the game for me.

Pretty sure I have mine set at about 5 for ffb. Didn't really notice a difference after the update either. I did sort of think it was lighter, but was probably just in my head. I still feel the ffb translates the track surface and vehicle behaviour fairly well.

JaySin85
Pretty sure I have mine set at about 5 for ffb. Didn't really notice a difference after the update either. I did sort of think it was lighter, but was probably just in my head. I still feel the ffb translates the track surface and vehicle behaviour fairly well.

What wheel do you use?

I did notice the difference in regular cars (don't drive x2010/11s so no idea what happened with those). With powersteering off it just felt like FFB got weaker, so I had to bump it from 1 to 3 to get similar feeling. Also tried with PS back on, and maybe I got used to PS=off too quickly but it felt really weird on turn-in. Like setting "drift" setting on fanatec, except it was off. After initial virtual lack of resistance FFB was back on after a couple of degrees of rotation.

So I can suggest disabling PS.

P.S. I use fanatec, but the game uses g25 profile for it, so I'd guess it applies to logitech wheels as well.

Was at 5 after update went back to 10. I will work my down to something that's a balance of feel and strength.

I dropped before to be lighter handed on the wheel. Which allowed me to use finger tips and get a better feel.

With the update the FFB was way softer in the 30* / 0 / 30* area. So I didn't have time to test before race. Just went to 10 and work from there. I'll be trying 8 tonight. Then 6. Then make my decision on a setting. LoL

DFGT here, and FFB is lighter now, expecially on kerbs. It's not a huge drop but it's there and no it's NOT placebo. Probably not drastic as for G27 but there's a drop on overall FFB strenght, in all cars. I do like the fix on F1's though (before they were unplayable). But it's a shame kerbs are barely noticeable with the rest of the cars.

Back