Bad ffb after last patch 2.04

White & Nerdy
I have my G27's FFB cranked up to 10 and that's still not all that strong. I'm not all that strong myself and one of my wrists is still recovering from an ATV accident last September.

If it's gotten weaker... yeah, that's totally not gonna fly.

I'm the same.
I don't know if it's Gran Turismo's problem or a fault in the wheel. I'll have to try it in another game but if it has gotten even lighter I'll be really annoyed.

BMWRobertL93
Asphalt with comfort hard.

ffb at 4 feels the closest to the servo steering in my car.

it's an e46 btw..

Oh yes. I was thinking Sport tires. Makes sense. A Comfort hard is pretty lacking in adhesion. LoL

Testing now at ffb-10

Not much difference compared to 4 really.. Didn't feel like this before!

Maybe the changes wasn't so big for those that didn't use ffb-10? :/

After 2.04 I feel the wheel softer, but it is smoother. I am able to have smoother inputs with it. Yes, there is less force, but it is smoother. I would take smooth inputs over strong feedback any day! Love what they did with 2.04. Just because it is weaker doesn't mean it is bad. Real life cars aren't hard to turn unless you are driving an old car.

Hi Guys
I am using G27 as well.. and I also felt that the ffb is tone down abit now. I was using ffb6 all this while and last night i have to crank up to ffb7 to get back a bit of the old feel. It seems that the ffb now is smoother and can feel more subtle ups and downs of road.. but it overall gives a weaken feel. Hard to comment good or not still...

For people who using ffb 10,.... i am quite surprised.. i always felt this strength may kill the wheel faster..In addition I find that the higher the ffb say 8-10, the more "un-smooth" the wheel become and you loose the fine subtle changes in road feel. Once you turn down the ffb.. u will start to feel more of the road condition suddenly.. but then ffb below 6 makes the wheel toyish and too light....Cheers

After 2.04 I feel the wheel softer, but it is smoother. I am able to have smoother inputs with it. Yes, there is less force, but it is smoother. I would take smooth inputs over strong feedback any day! Love what they did with 2.04. Just because it is weaker doesn't mean it is bad. Real life cars aren't hard to turn unless you are driving an old car.

EXACTLY , most of the people here like to drive with a wheel that pulls as if you were driving a tanker truck.. heck my friends mom has one hand and lugs around her suv at insane speeds * shes crazy* and ive been driving my mustang for the first time the car is hard to steer sure but when i hit bumps it does not pull as hard as the wheel set to 10 although my fathers ford falcon was like that im pretty sure FFB at ten is insane I sprained my arm when i got my wheel and set it to 7 because it flipped the lunch stand and fell while my arm was in the hoop * the one with the GT logo that's made by Logitech i returned it a few days latter due to the sprain* any ways yea .. stop complaining about a patch , alot of people in this forum including my best friend lost there wheels due to the fgt or X1 burning out the motors in the wheel..

DANG IT. I just used my g27 on the X1 like 2 days ago with ffb on 10, that was a blast.
And now it is dead.. FU sometimes PD, FU.

There is a huge difference to the ffb feeling now, at least to me. I can't figure out how some people didn't feel the change honestly.

With my T500RS- there's a huge and noticeable reduction in FFB with FF (Front Drive) cars like the Mini and the VW Scirocco. You can't feel the front tires at all. However, with rear drive or AWD cars, I find the FFB comparable to pre-2.04 patch.

While your point is valid about the steering motors burning out, use some full stops dammit... Messy as heck.
Anyways Im getting used to the update slowly, feels more comfortable now than it did at first.

I have a g27 no change here but f1 and x10-11.. All my other cars feel the same.... But my buddy.... which has the same wheel and settings as I do.... His g27 feels sloppy and way way different than mine does...after the update its verry odd...almost like a NFS game....! Some seem to have less and others say no change! Humm....odd! Mabe it's a download or install error of some kind because if my wheel and my friends wheel feel different with the same settings.... then it may just be a random issue rather than everyone.... Idk ! It is odd!

If someone wanted less FFB simply he could just set it to 1. Now putting low FFB for every one is a disaster.

I had a bad feeling about this even when I red the patch notes.

theofilosz
If someone wanted less FFB simply he could just set it to 1. Now putting low FFB for every one is a disaster.

I had a bad feeling about this even when I red the patch notes.

Lol....1 ffb might as well unplug the darn thing..... Sucks. My buddy came to my place to play today.... he thought his wheel broke.... And mine has no change but F1 and x10-11's .... Hope this gets figured out for u guys so everyone's happy

My ffb is set to 10. Using a DFGT and i tried a Mazda Autozam fully specced last night and it was a dream. Then tried an x2010 also with ffb on 10 and it was much better. Previously i had to reduce ffb for the x2010 cars as it was at risk of damaging my wheel. It is now a decent amount that i can still detect any tyre slippage early but not feel the wheel is going to explode. I have also got much faster times on the tracks i tried it on (high speed ring and cote d'azur)

Altogether this has improved the game for me as there's a better balance between the cars so less changing the options menu

Last edited:
I have a g27 no change here but f1 and x10-11.. All my other cars feel the same.... But my buddy.... which has the same wheel and settings as I do.... His g27 feels sloppy and way way different than mine does...after the update its verry odd...almost like a NFS game....! Some seem to have less and others say no change! Humm....odd! Mabe it's a download or install error of some kind because if my wheel and my friends wheel feel different with the same settings.... then it may just be a random issue rather than everyone.... Idk ! It is odd!

Has you friend checked the wheel settings in the options? Many people are reporting that their's has been reset after the update. 👍

EDIT: My FFB feels exactly the same as before the update in normal cars.

Last edited:
alot of people in this forum including my best friend lost there wheels due to the fgt or X1 burning out the motors in the wheel..

Sorry, I do not agree. Here I am not necessarily criticizing the patch released, but I'm trying to raise all of you, especially those that run in tournaments or competitions between people soo strong. try asking them if they have ever organized or participated in competitions with the X2010, NEVER! Some of them has ever complained that they could not drive it? NEVER. The problem was those few children who ALWAYS use the X2010 for all races, poor things, they can not keep it straight!! UUEE, UUEE! And as they have responded? They've Removing the Sensibility in the first degree in ALL CAR!!
This is the error! And the proof that they always do some **** every time they issue a patch that is 12 hours away issue press that solve the small problems of the newly released patch (this time with experience points and credits in online). But there's no one to try before you release them??? I do it if you have problems of human resorces!!
in patch 2.2 have changed the tire wear exaggerates the differences, and that's fine, we're used to, but they wanted to enhance the sound of wind, ok, but you can not forget the sounds of the car! The tires, engine, exhaust, all gone to 150km / h, whether you're with the head on the roof, in front or in the car!
Try to talk to the happy owners of the official GT5 steering wheel: the thrustmaster, 500 €, which up until 4 days ago worked wonderfully and now? A puree (mashed potatoes), believe me, they had the FFB at 3-4 up, and now ... at 10 still do not they hear the small variations of the road!!
Now a cosideration: according to the latest patch, are doing a good job or are making changes that worsen the game???
In my opinion, definitely not!!

FordMKIVJ5
Has you friend checked the wheel settings in the options? Many people are reporting that their's has been reset after the update. 👍

EDIT: My FFB feels exactly the same as before the update in normal cars.

Yes he did check....TY.... It is odd but whatever's going on I am sure it Will get fixed....at some point

Read the scrolling caption at the bottom of your screen at the ffb adjustment pertaining to the ffb setting. If I remember right, it states it only has an effect on the DFP and DFGT. I noticed a significant and improved feel with my DFP after the update.

EXACTLY , most of the people here like to drive with a wheel that pulls as if you were driving a tanker truck.. heck my friends mom has one hand and lugs around her suv at insane speeds * shes crazy* and ive been driving my mustang for the first time the car is hard to steer sure but when i hit bumps it does not pull as hard as the wheel set to 10 although my fathers ford falcon was like that im pretty sure FFB at ten is insane I sprained my arm when i got my wheel and set it to 7 because it flipped the lunch stand and fell while my arm was in the hoop * the one with the GT logo that's made by Logitech i returned it a few days latter due to the sprain* any ways yea .. stop complaining about a patch , alot of people in this forum including my best friend lost there wheels due to the fgt or X1 burning out the motors in the wheel..

Dude, this is a forum with regular GT5 players from Day 1, we know our hardware VERY well. "The one with the GT logo" is the DFGT, and ffb issue related to Fgt, F1, X2010 etc. is the one PD "fixed" with 2.04. That's why your friends broke the wheel, because of a software related bug before 2.04. PD with 2.04 tried to fix that but the end result is they mess up everything, expecially for G27 users, as I said in a previous post.
stop complaining about a patch
Seriosly stop posting crap if you don't have a clue what you are talking about and you don't even read the forum you are posting to.

HKS racer
Seriosly stop posting crap if you don't have a clue what you are talking about and you don't even read the forum you are posting to.

I didn't even want to read his crap,seriously.
Wall of text=Messy,gadzooks man,paragraphs

Last edited:
I have G27 and my FFB is set to 10 from ages. After the patch I noticed something different but to be honest, I think it's someway better, or maybe just stronger right now. 👍
I never drive cars like F1s or X-whatever so I cannot comment on that.

I set my ffb to 1,heaps better than anything higher,once i go higher than 1,the centre spring overpowers bumps,kerbs and all those other nuances in the ffb.

Playing GT5 since day 1 with a G27, and i'm really surprised to see all those people playing it with the same wheel using FFB on 10!!

For me it was too strong to feel something like real life, so mine always have been configured to be about FFB3!

Thats really odd to me, i've downloaded the patch yesterday but did'nt play yet, i'll do it today to see how it is post patched...

I went back into the wheel settings, (G25), and clicked around to reset parameters to Simulation, Power Assist ON ( I read around at how this should be off?! ), and upped the FFB from 6 to 9, and all seems good again. Then again, I practiced with a heavy car on the Nur, I didn't retry the featherweight Zonda again, to compare.

Can anyone attest if the weight of the car feels different at the wheel, ?

The only FFB wishlist I ever wanted, was to have the wheel "tighten alot" at high speeds 180km+, it never seemed to be properly implemented. (I simulate that myself lol)

Last edited:
Back