Bad ffb after last patch 2.04

HKS racer
DFGT here, and FFB is lighter now, expecially on kerbs. It's not a huge drop but it's there and no it's NOT placebo. Probably not drastic as for G27 but there's a drop on overall FFB strenght, in all cars. I do like the fix on F1's though (before they were unplayable). But it's a shame kerbs are barely noticeable with the rest of the cars.

If my FFB is lighter with my G27 then it will totally ruin the game for me. :( This is bad news.

Well I can't be sure G27 to be lighter or not, I'm just comparing my ffb to what OP is reporting (I think there's another similar thread also). To compensate the FFB loss I switched from my usual 7 to 9 in the option menu.

HKS racer
Well I can't be sure G27 to be lighter or not, I'm just comparing my ffb to what OP is reporting, (he as a G27). To compensate the FFB loss I switched from my usual 7 to 9 in the option menu.

For some reason the FFB has always felt too light for me, and I'm not a really strong guy either. I used to have a DFGT and AI needed 10 to really feel the road. After I bought a G27 and the FFB was even lighter. So I can't go up from 10 :(.

FFB got mushy somehow, especially in the middle. Also going over apex does not give right FFB judder anymore.

I play with turbo S wheel which is already mushy enough compared to top class t500.

Ok PD, now I is time give us a freaking option to revert back to old settings. Couple more of these FFB updates and I sure my xbox won't notice a difference between GT5 and Forza.

My DFGT seems the same after the upgrade. I'm new to the wheel, had it just over a week and had just got used to it* before the change. I'm sure any significant change would have messed up my driving in no time.

* As in able, after 5 or 6 days of solid driving, to win races with the same cars that won them on the standard controller.

I found that I was disappointed with the ffb changes in regards to the F2007. I use a G27 with ffb set at 10 in "simulation" mode. Prior to the update, I found driving the F2007 a viceral and intense experience. It was my favorite experience in the game. The update has taken a lot of the physical intensity out of it for me. On my first test of the F2007 after the update I found the feeling COMPLETELY changed. I checked the wheel setting and found that the ffb was set at 5 and the mode was set to "amature". I reset the wheel to 10 and "simulation" hoping that things would be as before but found it to be kind of wimpy. The fear of feeling a big impact when hitting big bump is gone. It feels more like an arcade experience than a sim experince to me now. I did not try the F10.

I would like the ffb for the F2007 to be returned to the way it was.

Last edited:
All I can confirm on my part is that FGT is much lighter to drive on any track and driving on de la Sarthe in a Mazda 787b all of a sudden became a little easier; It's as if my DFGT force feedback doesn't work anymore. And yes, my setting from day day 1 is 10 (max) and assist off. Polyphony should have just left it as it is for cars other than the fake X2010/2011..

Ive had the sound effects problem as well. Could hear tyres and screeches and the other cars real well, but couldnt hear my own engine. It was there but barely audible.

itll fix itself if you quit, go back to gt life and then reload the race.

This problem didnt start with the last update. I've had the missing tire sounds for a month or so now. You need to quit the race offline or leave the lobby online to fix it.

I found that I was disappointed with the ffb changes in regards to the F2007. I use a G27 with ffb set at 10 in "simulation" mode. Prior to the update, I found driving the F2007 a viceral and intense experience. It was my favorite experience in the game. The update has taken a lot of the physical intensity out of it for me. On my first test of the F2007 after the update I found the feeling COMPLETELY changed. I checked the wheel setting and found that the ffb was set at 5 and the mode was set to "amature". I reset the wheel to 10 and "simulation" hoping that things would be as before but found it to be kind of wimpy. The fear of feeling a big impact when hitting big bump is gone. It feels more like an arcade experience than a sim experince to me now. I did not try the F10.

I would like the ffb for the F2007 to be returned to the way it was.

That's the problem with PD, they pretend to use the same setting for different Logitech Wheels, because they say, "it's still Logitech" :dunce:
The intense experience you may have with an F1 + G27 pre 2.04 was impossible with a DFGT, the FFB was insanely harsh, it was like the wheel itself could broke in minutes. So most of DFGT users were not using F1 cars or using with soft suspension and very low FFB values.
PD "genius" decide to fix that...
at the expense of everything else. :ouch: :banghead:

FFB got mushy somehow, especially in the middle. Also going over apex does not give right FFB judder anymore.

I play with turbo S wheel which is already mushy enough compared to top class t500.

Ok PD, now I is time give us a freaking option to revert back to old settings. Couple more of these FFB updates and I sure my xbox won't notice a difference between GT5 and Forza.

Right, also for me and I LOVE GT5, by day 1!!!!!

I've had my G27 set with FFB at 5 and simulation. After the 2.04 update, when driving on tarmac in any car, I have to have it set to 10 just to get near the resistance I got before 2.04. Now I am glad that they fixed the F1 cars and the shaky steering when bottoming out, but now there is almost no feel to the F1 cars at all...

Patch 2.04, is 5 steps back., on the Nurburgring, with the G25 and front hood view.

Wind noise, is at 300%
FFB has been weakened tremendously, almost non-existant, as prior G25/G27 support
tire noise , missing.
graffiti, random all over the track
raced with 16 people online, cars hitting each other, seemingly out of nowhere from the start line.
(^ happens regularly, but this was glitchy, as if hit/collission detection is amplified from further away)

default transmission noise, not there, wind is coming down like a hurricane in my eardrums.

PD, PLEASE make Sound adjustment SLIDERS for:

Engine 0-100%
Transmission 0-100%
Tires 0-100%
Wind 0-100%
Crash 0-100%
Ambient 0-100%
Opponents 0-100%
Horn 0-100%

Patch 2.04 now has: Wind @ %300, and all else at 5%
(stereo floorstanding speaker setup)

raced 5 laps, and turned the game off.

/sad

YES!!!!! just, I use the camera on the roof, it is almost impossible to drive without a HUD, you do not hear when to change gear!!
But already by this HORRIBLE patch 2.02, where the tires are like wood or as an eraser!
PD a prayer: PATCH NO MORE!
Or from 2-3 patches I bought Forza 4, I swear!!

Same problem here with the CSr Elite, ffb is way to light now from where i had it before (3-4). Im going to do more testing on higher ffb levels, but we all know what happens when we do that! So PD if i wanted to learn how to drive a 18 wheeler with no powersteering id play GT5, thanks alot!!

Nevermind about prevous post!!!

I tried lvl 10 ffb in game with my csr elite, tested with a stock s2000 on The Ring and the expierence was amazing. Wow, PD im sorry for ever doubting you, enough said im going back to racing!!pz

That's the problem with PD, they pretend to use the same setting for different Logitech Wheels, because they say, "it's still Logitech" :dunce:
The intense experience you may have with an F1 + G27 pre 2.04 was impossible with a DFGT, the FFB was insanely harsh, it was like the wheel itself could broke in minutes. So most of DFGT users were not using F1 cars or using with soft suspension and very low FFB values.
PD "genius" decide to fix that...
at the expense of everything else. :ouch: :banghead:

Well that definitely sucked for DFGT users. Well the fix just might be a compromise. Instead of some users being happy and others not, maybe no one will be happy! Are DFGT users satisfied with the F1s now?

I thought it was just me but apparently not. I've driven mainly the Alfa Zagato the last month or so, really know the car and before the patch it provided great feedback and allowed me do almost anything with the car, put it anywhere on the track, maintain control under braking, powerslides, etc. Since the patch, it's almost as if the feedback through the wheel from the road is really dulled down. I can't "feel" my way around the track any more, I have to rely on the visual and sound to guide me around.

Very disappointing...

I thought it was just me but apparently not. I've driven mainly the Alfa Zagato the last month or so, really know the car and before the patch it provided great feedback and allowed me do almost anything with the car, put it anywhere on the track, maintain control under braking, powerslides, etc. Since the patch, it's almost as if the feedback through the wheel from the road is really dulled down. I can't "feel" my way around the track any more, I have to rely on the visual and sound to guide me around.

Very disappointing...

If you haven't already, check your wheel settings. After 2.04 I notice my settings were changed to ffb=5 and mode=amature, probably the default. I've used ffb=10 and mode=simulation for a long time and I haven't changed those settings in months.

I'm a G27 user, and as a drifter, i feel an improvement from the latest patch. It feels much more like my real car in the snow!

And also, how come people use ffb at lvl10? it may be realistic for old sports cars and some race cars, but are that the only ones you are using?

BMWRobertL93
I'm a G27 user, and as a drifter, i feel an improvement from the latest patch. It feels much more like my real car in the snow!

And also, how come people use ffb at lvl10? it may be realistic for old sports cars and some race cars, but are that the only ones you are using?

How strong is the ffb on your G27? I have a G27 and the ffb is really weak so I have to put it to 10.

BMWRobertL93

Are you drifting on Asphalt or Snow in the game?

I started out at lower settings and I found that I was most satisfied with 10.

Last edited:
I have my G27's FFB cranked up to 10 and that's still not all that strong. I'm not all that strong myself and one of my wrists is still recovering from an ATV accident last September.

If it's gotten weaker... yeah, that's totally not gonna fly.

I started out at lower settings and I found that I was most satisfied with 10.

Does the game feel like your "real car in the snow" when your on pavement? Not being a wise ass :)
It's not really snow.. more like slushy actually. :)

Haven't drifted myself on dry asphalt but, still ffb at 10 would be like driving without servo-steering..

Could it be that my wheel is only 1month old?

E: ffb at 4 when i'm driving normally in game, is the closest to the steering feel i get when i drive at pavement.

Last edited:
Back