Canada
Kitchener
Logo-2.jpg

Karts

images

images

Welcome to the thread!

Time:

This series will only take 30 minutes per week, from the time the lobby opens, 'til the final checkered flag. It will consist of: Qualifying, Race 1, and Race 2.

Classes:

This series will be a competitive, three class event, using the three classes of karts: Jr, and 125. Any kart in GT5 is eligible. The number at the end of the kart's name, will tell you which class you're in.

For example: Because I used to race a Jr. kart, in real life, I will consider racing in Jr. The name of this kart is "PDI Kart Jr." or something similar, and I will use my Jr. kart in Junior class. It's the same for karts with 125cc motors (125s.)

There will be no more than 8 karts per class, per round.

Race format:

There will be qualifying. Qualifying sessions will be 10 minutes long, and will serve as both a qualifying session (to sort out the grid) and a practice session. It is important that you do NOT leave the track, for any reason, AND THEN RE-ENTER. DO NOT RE-ENTER THE TRACK, AFTER SETTING A FAST LAP. You will lose your fast lap, and, as all three classes qualify together, and start together, you may start behind Jr. karts in a 125 kart.

Races will be rolling starts, at 60 km/h, or 37 mp/h. A lap will be taken, before the race officially starts, to allow the karts to get up to rolling start pace. There will be no gap between classes, and no staggered starts. Upon reaching the start/finish line, all karts will accelerate, and the race will begin.

Races will be ten (10) minutes long, each. There will be two races. Race 1 will have a "Fastest First" grid order. Race 2 will have the last place karts starting first.

Faster kart classes must negotiate slower kart classes CLEANLY, regardless of any situation. Contact between classes will generally be looked down upon, and faster kart classes must leave room for slower kart classes.

Specs:

Tuning your kart will be illegal, as, in real life, the only possible changes are not available in-game. Yes, this means that your gearbox must not be modified.

Your kart should be broken in (let the AI drive a B-spec endurance race while you sleep, for example) and then have its oil changed. This will ensure that your kart is fast enough to keep up, with everyone else's kart.

A word about conduct:

This series is part of the World Motorsports Association Tier 1 race-grouping. Points here, will go towards the "Tier 2 License." This means, for those who are new to GTPlanet, that this is a beginner's series, allowing for all skill levels, organized with the cleanest, and most mature attitudes.

Our goal, at the W.M.A., is to provide everyone, with fun, relevant, and equal driving, while ensuring that contact and such does not continue. The "license system" helps us to ensure that no "dirty" drivers make it into the bigger series (higher Tier numbers) while causing havoc. Points are scored and deducted based on all factors, in Tier One: avoidable and intentional contact, finishing position, and qualifying position. Therefore, it is integral, to anyone who wants to move up in the series, that you avoid contact, and race clean, fast races.

As this is likely the first series some GTP users will be in, I'd like to stress the importance of the conduct. It's the difference between us, and the random hopper lobbies. Believe me, you can have way more fun, here, if you're looking for clean racing, than you ever could there.

Points will be deducted, following post-race review, by unanimous decision, by a Team of Stewards. If a unanimous decision cannot be reached, the Team of Stewards will have a meeting, with all drivers involved, and with each other, in which they discuss all forms of reprimand.

This series strictly adheres to the GTPlanet Online League Rules and anyone who doesn't clearly understand and follow these rules, is subject to penalization.

Championship Points:

-20 points for pole position in qualifying
-40 points for race win, (in class) in Races One and Two.
-100 points available per Round (every week)

Qualifying:

1. 20
  2. 16
  3. 14
  4. 12
  5. 10
  6. 9
  7. 8
  8. 7

Race 1 and Race 2:

1. 40
  2. 35
  3. 30
  4. 25
  5. 20
  6. 15
  7. 10
  8. 5

Season schedule:

Preseason:

Autumn Ring Mini Reverse: 10 laps

Tokyo Bay (kart): 10 laps

Autumn Ring Mini-10 laps
Tokyo Bay Grand Prix (kart)-10 laps
Circuito de Madrid-Mini-Reverse-8 laps
Côte D'Azur-6 laps
Monza (wet race)
Eiger Nordwand Short Track-4 laps

Suzuka Circuit (wet race)
Grand Valley East-5 laps
London-Reverse-8 laps

(note: wet races are not for points. They are, in fact, for practice. Wet races will be two laps.)

Post season:

Eiger Nordwand Short Track (wet race)
Spa-Francorchamps (wet race)
Motegi West-15 laps

Postseason cancelled due to irrelevance.

Last edited:

Click here!

Championship Class Points:

Overall:

125:

Bandit-481
stylez-380
MrMelancholy15-333
lout-279
curt-194

Kimi-67
killa-38
doodlemonoply-95

Jr:

Geist-441
Jammy-361
Willie-180
haitch-178

iceman-99
seslab-75

*indicates mathematic impossibility in Championship*

*After Round 5 at Eiger Nordwand*

Last edited:
Hmmm, I forgot ONE thing from the OP. I forgot the track list. :(

And, this:

Rain races are the most fun, and they teach the most. Yes, the speeds are even slower, but, it's actually fun. I've done it in real life. The physics are almost exact. And, as I said, you won't lose points for not coming to wet races.

Last edited:
Nice, Just a question when will this be hosted at what time? I can't come when it's midnight I'm to tired then :lol:

Nice, Just a question when will this be hosted at what time? I can't come when it's midnight I'm to tired then :lol:

We've still yet to discuss it, but more than likely afternoon here, evening there. Do you work a normal days schedule? If so, I'll make the series fit around that. :)

Looks interesting Mel ... fun and clean ...

No one can complain about specs. :lol: It will be the more relaxing of series... Sort of... (I can envision a trail of 8 Jr. karts driving about, in draft, bump-drafting, the whole way around, and then EVERYONE passing at the end of the longest straightaway...) Whether what I envision is likely or not, has yet to be seen.

:lol: ... I don't know about this series being easy due the required skill to handle these popcorn machine beasts :lol: ...

Well, I had personal experience in these karts; that's ACTUALLY how they handle in real life. You have to be smoother in karts, than any other car in the game.

It's been a while, nice to see you are still around. Looks interesting, I will keep an eye on this. 👍

Will there be teams?

I think we should have 2 classes, since 3 classes will only have 2-4 people in one class.

You could organize teams, and I have nothing against it.

As for the classes, my main goal is to provide a stepping block for beginners and still a good race for those with experience. I might amalgamate the 100 and 125 classes, if that's what you want, but, the Jr. karts will stay.

MrMelancholy15
You could organize teams, and I have nothing against it.

As for the classes, my main goal is to provide a stepping block for beginners and still a good race for those with experience. I might amalgamate the 100 and 125 classes, if that's what you want, but, the Jr. karts will stay.

125s and Jr.s sounds good. Maybe some more laps so the 125s may come upon lapped cars?
In the RKL we had 20 laps at Autumn Ring Mini.

I love karts. They are the genesis of racing at higher levels. Great way to show how good you are. I want to run weather in this. No tuning is excellent.

I love karts. They are the genesis of racing at higher levels. Great way to show how good you are. I want to run weather in this. No tuning is excellent.

125s and Jr.s sounds good. Maybe some more laps so the 125s may come upon lapped cars?
In the RKL we had 20 laps at Autumn Ring Mini.

Laps: under consideration.

Weather: done. ;) No points, though. There's a cheap way to cheat in rain/snow.

Classes: will do.

No tuning: so people DO read OPs...

Just signed up.
Just one thing, bouncing off the rev limiter all the way down Monza's and Spa's straights does not seem like fun to me.
Glad to see some people brave enough to drive in the rain. :D
I agree that there should only be two classes.

Oh yeah, and Cowboys and I are teammates. :sly:

Just signed up.
Just one thing, bouncing off the rev limiter all the way down Monza's and Spa's straights does not seem like fun to me.
Glad to see some people brave enough to drive in the rain. :D
I agree that there should only be two classes.

Only the Jr.s can bounce off the limiter in the rain. :lol: Considering how they handle @ 100 km/h+, most of the Jr. drivers will be glad not to go above 98. :lol:

Welcome to the series!

Those who don't race in the rain won't lose points, but will not have the same practice, either.
So, I'm making the series go to smaller tracks in the dry, to avoid topping out. Jrs will top out on a few straights, but not Sr.s (125s.)

This. This. This. This. This. ^^^

:lol: And the championship goes to: the happiest team in the world! :lol:

In seriousness, the competition will be even, so I can't promise that you guys will actually win (you have to win it for yourselves) but, in terms of the fake "let's have fun championship..." we have our winners!

Rain races will be fun :D

Says the drifter; you should have enough practice. :lol:

I must agree though, they'll be great fun, because I don't want to force people to race in the rain. You either really like it, or really hate it. :ouch: And, I don't like listening to people, when they don't like something. :sly: Obviously, I listen, and I care, but, sometimes, I think it's best to avoid a problem, before it becomes a problem.

If Willie and bdub are signed up for this I'd like to as well.

Always fun competing against those guys 👍

eNJS
If Willie and bdub are signed up for this I'd like to as well.

Always fun competing against those guys 👍

I am signed up i guess, and will be racing the jr kart yeahhh :)

Signed up, saw some guys from the Junior Karting Championship, and just had to bust my kart out again. What time/day are the races?

EDIT: If anyone wants to team up, PM me.

I am signed up i guess, and will be racing the jr kart yeahhh :)

Ok 👍

I'd like to see up for Kart Jr too, Melancholy, but if no Jr spaces available I will be happy to drive anything.

Back