MORE Customization/ upgrade options.

United States
United States
CaptainNuggets
We need more:
Body kits
Aero dynamic part options.
Sponsor ship stickers would be kinda cool but no liveries this isnt forza.
Driveterrain swaps
a little more tunning options
A little more upgrade parts and options.
Realistic upgrades (like making a rx7 with 700hp like in real life(mainly d1)
NO STANDARD CARS
More drifting options, events, and d1 cars
More tracks

Add what you want no pictures please...

Actually, I think that the OP is quite right. You should be able to choose from various engines, change drivetrains, etc.. bc IRL that's what you're able to do. And let's just face it, one thing that GT never had was the ability to customize our rides like in NFS (ie). Free roam lacks a lot too, if they implemented at least these 2 new features with GT6 and launch some DLC's with new tracks 'n stuff, that would quite possibly be one of the best games around. Just saying.

I WILL NOT BUY GT6 without a well-developed livery editor.

If we have to have the horns lets have a few cool ones like The Dukes of Hazard or La Cucarracha

I WILL NOT BUY GT6 without a well-developed livery editor.

Are you really that dumb i mean its not forza dude its gt the most i think they should have is sponsor ships and forza has an amazing livery system but forza is a wreck and gt making a livery system would ruine the point of Gran Turismo... So i wont be seeing you pn gt6 haha

Really think GT6 needs to take it to the next level, I am talking about completely building an engine up in detail, From the block up. but only if it has 300-400 or so cars, that could work. screw the vehicle count let us really get into fine details of building and tuning.

Slashfan i completely agree with you. except i will by GT6 nomatter what..but yea, it desperately needs a good livery system.

HPIxProdigy.... I don't even know you are talking about, take off the blind goggles.

Are you really that dumb i mean its not forza dude its gt the most i think they should have is sponsor ships and forza has an amazing livery system but forza is a wreck and gt making a livery system would ruine the point of Gran Turismo... So i wont be seeing you pn gt6 haha

I'm glad you're not making gt6, you would make oh so very boring

Having played Forza also, the livery editor is one of the best parts of the game. They implemented it extremely well and I firmly think that it's something the GT series could learn from.

I think it would be great as it'll give us the opportunity to recreate the classic liveries from racing past and present! (e.g. BMW Factory liveries from the 1980's, Martini Racing, John Player Special, Gulf and even that B.A.R F1 livery from the 1999 season...To name but a few...)

In other words it allows us to create cars/series that P.D cannot get licenses for.

Cheers
Liamsles

Last edited:
Sponsor ship stickers would be kinda cool but no liveries this isnt forza.

Livery editor is absolutely needed for GT to be taken seriously, unless the goal is to have it continually lag behind other sims.

Along with the livery editor

Aero options should include dozens of wings and other parts all with different performance (max cl, L/D, etc) and players should be able to position them on the car to some degree to round out performance. This would also provide another layer of depth for race entry rules by allow/restricting the level of aero tuning legally allowed.

2-3 times as many tire options for cars. Properly modeled tires would make it possible to hurt performance by picking the wrong rubber. More choices would be needed to match the best tire to one's car. Also the ability to change tire/wheel dimensions.

Brakes. Brake fade would make this more important, but new braking systems should also have an affect on weight and rolling inertia.

Racing fuel tank for endurance racing

Race Mod with multiple options (WRC, BTCC, Super GT, ALMS, custom) allowing you to take just about any road car and turning it into a 100% pure race machine

Engine swap, self explanatory, too common in real life to leave out of a sim. No imaginary restrictions either like V-8's can't fit in hatchback X. If there are restrictions, they need to be based in realism and nothing else.

Drivetrain swap

Are you calling me stupid for not buying a game without a editor when every other game has one? I'll let you go play the next boring ass Gran Turismo while I enjoy myself customizing my cars how I want.

Individual camber, toe, caster, tire pressure, the ability to fine tune turbo/super charger/twin turbos, ECU, motor swaps, more race mods and more premium cars.

Master_gamer438
Individual camber, toe, caster, tire pressure, the ability to fine tune turbo/super charger/twin turbos, ECU, motor swaps, more race mods and more premium cars.

Add body and all but yea

God forbid GT learn something from other racing games that are doing better in a certain area. But I'm forgetting that if GT didn't do it first, it's not worth putting in at all. Let Gran Turismo continue to be behind the times. At least it'll still be unique. :rolleyes:

HPIxProdigy

GT is about racing and racing teams, but liveries on their car.

A livery editor is important, because it adds a new feature to the game and it is part of racing.

I'm probably one of the biggest Gran Turismo fans you'll ever meet, and I'll happily admit that this game needs a livery editor. With the editor I'd spend my time making every car I own unique and interesting, which is a very fun thing to do. By adding a livery editor PD basically gives us license to add in cars they couldn't license. Want a Lambo Superleggera? Simply tune it to the right level and add the stripe.

Imagine what people would do with the FGT? We'd see some fantastic looking recreations and awesome new designs with that platform. It would make online a hell of a lot more interesting and add a whole extra side game (think photo mode) to GT.

You even admit that you like Forza's then say you don't want it in Gran Turismo in the same sentence. Why the hell not? Because a couple 10 year olds will go out of their way to make their car hideous? Because people will see that they copied FM's idea? I seriously don't know what your problem is with a feature that's been around way before Forza coming to a game that desperately needs more customization options. Seriously dude, WTF?

Last edited:
Imagine what people would do with the FGT?

Honestly, it could make a convincing substitute for a manufacturer list full of F1 cars. It would also be really big for NASCAR fans. I don't see how anyone could be against a livery editor except maybe on the grounds that it would take time and resources from the dev team. However, the added enthusiasm from players and longevity added to the game would more than make up for it.

How would a livery editor "ruin the point of Gran Turismo"? All I see it doing is giving us tons more creativity, along with it being a bonus for the photo people.

I agree with OP GT is great but it lacks the feel of personality for your car that Forza provides, while Im no Forza fanboy I admit Im a little jealous of their customization.

On the subject of customisation, I want more options for the customisation of the cars' sound: intake and exhaust, sound deadening (better and more fine-control over weight reduction), exhaust exit locations etc. Maybe the intake mods will also have an effect on the cars' sounds, which would require GT include intake sound at last, too.

If cars sounds aren't close to being corrected, I won't buy this.

ShortAzianKid
I agree with OP GT is great but it lacks the feel of personality for your car that Forza provides, while Im no Forza fanboy I admit Im a little jealous of their customization.

Same

The Bore & Stroke upgrade should be a lot more common. It's that one thing in the upgrade menu you can never seem to use. Especially with old cars that can't use an ECU.

About the exhaust upgrades, should they have more obvious influence? The game always says they affect torque at different RPMs but the difference is so minimal you might as well just grab the best part and roll with it.

For customizable transmissions, options should be customizable differential gear, 5-gear full-custom and 6-gear full-custom. Maybe even 7-gear custom if there's space. Oh, also display the maximum speed of each gear. They did it in Tourist Trophy so it can't be that hard. Plus, it would help to make the pre-calculated gear ranges irrelevant.

Suspension parts could be purchased separately, instead of having kits.

Engines should all be able to use NA Tune-up, Turbos and Supercharger related parts unless there's a logical reason they shouldn't. Speaking of which, there should even be twin-turbine upgrades available at extra cost.

And being able to restore the whole car to new condition, even if it costs out the nose, SHOULD be an option.

swapping in a different engine could be an option, assuming the hood and engine dimensions don't require too much data space. Let alone whether or not the engine is even compatible with the car's existing hardware.

Tougher brakes would matter more if the game simulates brake fading.

As for paint jobs, even being able to switch among the car's factory colors would be great.

The Bore & Stroke upgrade should be a lot more common. It's that one thing in the upgrade menu you can never seem to use. Especially with old cars that can't use an ECU.

About the exhaust upgrades, should they have more obvious influence? The game always says they affect torque at different RPMs but the difference is so minimal you might as well just grab the best part and roll with it.

For customizable transmissions, options should be customizable differential gear, 5-gear full-custom and 6-gear full-custom. Maybe even 7-gear custom if there's space. Oh, also display the maximum speed of each gear. They did it in Tourist Trophy so it can't be that hard. Plus, it would help to make the pre-calculated gear ranges irrelevant.

Suspension parts could be purchased separately, instead of having kits.

Engines should all be able to use NA Tune-up, Turbos and Supercharger related parts unless there's a logical reason they shouldn't. Speaking of which, there should even be twin-turbine upgrades available at extra cost.

And being able to restore the whole car to new condition, even if it costs out the nose, SHOULD be an option.

swapping in a different engine could be an option, assuming the hood and engine dimensions don't require too much data space. Let alone whether or not the engine is even compatible with the car's existing hardware.

Tougher brakes would matter more if the game simulates brake fading.

As for paint jobs, even being able to switch among the car's factory colors would be great.

Typically, they work against each other. If you're doing natural-aspiration tuning, you go for a lighter rotating assembly, higher compression, and the headwork & cam profile will take into account that the car is not force-fed.

You can do similar work to an engine with forced induction, but you'll be using different, stronger parts(not so much lighter) to handle the added pressure, and much lower compression. Again, the headwork & cams would be more suited to maximizing the much higher airflow from a forced induction engine.

What GT needs is to break down the engine tuning packages so that they aren't so simple. This could also help us apply engine parts to all cars. Give the broken down upgrades their own stages with greater gains, which could help make natural aspiration a bit more competitive.

For example, instead of just including cams as part of an engine tuning package, break things down so that cams are separate and you can choose a couple of stages.

Typically, they work against each other. If you're doing natural-aspiration tuning, you go for a lighter rotating assembly, higher compression, and the headwork & cam profile will take into account that the car is not force-fed.

You can do similar work to an engine with forced induction, but you'll be using different, stronger parts(not so much lighter) to handle the added pressure, and much lower compression. Again, the headwork & cams would be more suited to maximizing the much higher airflow from a forced induction engine.

What GT needs is to break down the engine tuning packages so that they aren't so simple. This could also help us apply engine parts to all cars. Give the broken down upgrades their own stages with greater gains, which could help make natural aspiration a bit more competitive.

For example, instead of just including cams as part of an engine tuning package, break things down so that cams are separate and you can choose a couple of stages.

Yes, but they should still offer the "packs" for those with neither the nous nor inclination to wade through the micro-management of different parts. I also think it should be possible to put the "wrong" parts on a car, in terms of matching, say, cams and induction regime (forced or not) and / or intake and exhaust parts etc., with differing sensitivities per car. If parts really would work against each other, let them.

In many cases, though, you might favour stronger parts in an NA application where durability is more important (which would require that engine run-down is modeled better), so that should still be a possibility. Don't over-constrain things for the sake of mirroring certain sub-sections of real-world practices, which are largely a case of imitating others anyway based on perceived success. If we're going to be creating our own unique environments (e.g. custom race series) to play in, we're going to need the freedom to innovate within that space for ourselves.

Basically, I want tuning to be a bit more involved, and hopefully different for each car and application. But for those that don't want to, then preset packages can stay, and special regulations that limit tuning to the use of such packages (say for online) can be introduced to negate the advantage of special "R&D" effort at the micro-level, where desired.

Sadly, I feel this is still a total pipe-dream.

I like this idea. That you can tune your vehicle just the way you want to. It's quite boring that you can only change color in GT5. And you cannot tune every car.
Of cource you can add rear wing but we need more options!

Livery editor is absolutely needed for GT to be taken seriously, unless the goal is to have it continually lag behind other sims.

Along with the livery editor

Aero options should include dozens of wings and other parts all with different performance (max cl, L/D, etc) and players should be able to position them on the car to some degree to round out performance. This would also provide another layer of depth for race entry rules by allow/restricting the level of aero tuning legally allowed.

2-3 times as many tire options for cars. Properly modeled tires would make it possible to hurt performance by picking the wrong rubber. More choices would be needed to match the best tire to one's car. Also the ability to change tire/wheel dimensions.

Brakes. Brake fade would make this more important, but new braking systems should also have an affect on weight and rolling inertia.

Racing fuel tank for endurance racing

Race Mod with multiple options (WRC, BTCC, Super GT, ALMS, custom) allowing you to take just about any road car and turning it into a 100% pure race machine

Engine swap, self explanatory, too common in real life to leave out of a sim. No imaginary restrictions either like V-8's can't fit in hatchback X. If there are restrictions, they need to be based in realism and nothing else.

Drivetrain swap

Everything you said was perfect i truly think that PD needs to take a page out of Forza's book on the community and customization aspects be cause that is what makes that game so much fun. If gt6 can accomplish that than it'll be amazing and the best sim to date imho

Yes, but they should still offer the "packs" for those with neither the nous nor inclination to wade through the micro-management of different parts. I also think it should be possible to put the "wrong" parts on a car, in terms of matching, say, cams and induction regime (forced or not) and / or intake and exhaust parts etc., with differing sensitivities per car. If parts really would work against each other, let them.

In many cases, though, you might favour stronger parts in an NA application where durability is more important (which would require that engine run-down is modeled better), so that should still be a possibility. Don't over-constrain things for the sake of mirroring certain sub-sections of real-world practices, which are largely a case of imitating others anyway based on perceived success. If we're going to be creating our own unique environments (e.g. custom race series) to play in, we're going to need the freedom to innovate within that space for ourselves.

Basically, I want tuning to be a bit more involved, and hopefully different for each car and application. But for those that don't want to, then preset packages can stay, and special regulations that limit tuning to the use of such packages (say for online) can be introduced to negate the advantage of special "R&D" effort at the micro-level, where desired.

Sadly, I feel this is still a total pipe-dream.

If you break engine tuning down into: Intake/Fuel System/Ignition/Exhaust/Cams/Valves/Displacement/Forced Induction(if equipped)/Cooling System

All with a couple upgrade stages of their own, you open up a lot of freedom for people, without it being too hard to manage. You can get the same PP rating as someone else, yet have a different powerband that may be more suited to your personal preference. Speaking from experience, it's pretty easy to deal with in Forza.

PD is usually pretty decent at explaining how some parts work, so this is another opportunity for them to spend a little more time educating players on how cars work.

Latest Posts

Back