Smitty's Giveaway Center - Free Cars, Tickets and Paint!

United States
Indianapolis
BJBEOSmitty
EDIT - things died down here a bit... And a promotion at work has shortened my time on GT5 and gtplanet. It's not completely dead however! I wouldn't rule out a resurrection here and there...

Thanks to all who have participated so far,

Smitty
Oct 21

Welcome to Smitty's Gifting Center

A place for free Cars, Tickets and Paints - done a little differently!

Zero Current Open Giveaways

Gifting is one of my favorite parts of gtp and GT5 in general. I was introduced to this ideal by the master, s0ul_chicken (turns west and tips cap). Some of what I will give away here has a poultry scent to it... nt1138 is pitching in too. Thank You to you and others.

This thread is for me hold my own giveaways. If you would like, please participate! I tend to do giveaways a little differently... Often with trivia, guessing games, and other posts requiring a little more interaction. Maybe photo posting or some googling involved.

"Who wants a _______?"
"I do"
"Ok, FR me"

That is nice, and gets the job done, but this will be more interactive and fun than that (at least that is my goal!). 99% of the time you will post here to participate. I won't be looking for PM's as entries for giveaways - EVER - thanks for understanding that. Winners should FR me, and please don't send a blank FR, that just slows down the process. Thanks again for understanding.

My current cupboard is pretty strong, more than 15 different level tickets including some biggies like 23, as well as some attractive birthday tickets including 67, 69, 70, and 71. About 40 0/0/0 cars as well. Surely far from the biggest stash on gtp, but enough to have some fun with. I have all Mattes, as well as Chromes. DLC paint too - painted cars are in the mix.

6230890536_2b24e3d087_z.jpg

I'll occasionally drop a ground rule or two, thanks in advance for abiding. I post with my phone 99% of the time... Just chalk up spelling errors to my charm if you would please :)

I look forward to furthering your enjoyment of one of the best games you could possibly place inside your PS3.

Cheers from Indianapolis, Smitty

Winner Hall of Fame and Current Active Giveaways

Giveaway # - Name - Prize
#1 - driftinziggy - 0/0/0 Ford GT No Stripe - 5 Chrome - SENT
#4 - nt1138 - 1967 Ticket and he graciously donated his 2nd ticket to a tbd poster - SENT
#2 - patriotsfanx Level 23 or 1970 Ticket - awaiting his decision
#5 - ThenextBob & mjm_98 - Matte Paint of their choice - with the assist from nt1138 SENT
#7 - 25 Matte Paints - 5 per
- driftnziggy Matte Paints of his choice SENT
- cryptomamnic Mattes donated to a tbd poster - michrulejj wins!
- nealcropper Random Mattes SENT
- nt1138 Mattes donated to a tbd poster
- slayer Random Mattes SENT
#3 - Was not won - CLOSED
#6 - Never Claimed - CLOSED
#8 - OPT1MUMG4M3R - 0/0/0 Car - Ford GT No Stripe - Flourescent Yellow SENT
#9 - Double Ticket Giveaway - 1970 - won by OPT1MUMG4M3R - SENT
#10 - Level 23 - won by michrulejj - SENT
#10 1/2 - 5 Chromes and bonus Mattes - won by michrulejj - Mattes SENT Chrome SENT
#11 - SENT - locoman88 wins a RM'd Camaro painted USC style (but painted in Gold Chrome and Navy first! Mmwaahhaaahhaaa!)
#12 - Open - still accepting entries - Any prize you want!
#13 - Closed - NFL giveaway - won by michrulejj who guessed 243 with the actual total being 262. Awaiting his car choice... My paint spray gun is ready!
#14 - OPEN - accepting photo entries now - number drawing
#15 - Closed - "Color Wheel Bonanza" - Up to 5 winners - Closed
- OPT1MUMG4M3R - pink - SENT
- Flynn77 - green SENT + a GT No Stripe
- MorganGaming - Red - SENT
- michrulejj - Orange Colorshift - SENT
- 99999Revolution - Blue Metallic - OOPS, sent Greens. SENT! Enjoy a blue Metallic GT Academy Nissan GT-R in the meantime Sir.
#16 - Beer Me! - won by Flynn77 - Prize chosen - Level 23 SENT
#17 - OPEN-See Page 11 Score predictions being accepted until 12 midnight EST (GMT -5) Sunday Sept 30th - Prize - Ticket of your choice.
#18 - OPEN - What time is it? See page 11 - Prize? "Ticket Time"
#19 - "What an embarrassment" - Prize - One copy of every ticket, from 0-24. See page 12 - Closed
#20 - "Packer Fan Tears" - Prize - 1 0/0/0 DLC painted car. See page 12 - Won by OPT1MUMG4M3R - Prize changed to a Level 13 Ticket - SENT
#21 - OPEN Photo Caption Contest - for any birthday ticket - see page 13
#22 - Level 13 Ticket - photo contest - see page 14

Last edited:
Giveaway #1

My little title thingy next to my username states that I want 1 of 4,038. What on earth could I be talking about? First correct answer wins a 0/0/0 Ford GT No Stripe and 5 paints of their choice.

If you are not interested in the prize but know the answer, politely leave the giveaway to others, or PM a friend and get him/her involved. If you've followed any of my posts on gtp, this is the correct place to start for giveaway #1!

Giveaway #2 - Mary Queen of Heaven, Pray for Us

Level Ticket 23 or Birthday 70, your choice.

My son (junior) and daughter (freshman) attend a magnificent high school with a two time defending state champion football program which has also won more state titles than any other school in their class.

They play a rival, larger school tonight.

How many points will OUR team score tonight? Guesses are accepted throughout the weekend. If the same number is guessed twice, first poster wins.

Aleady guessed

Last edited:
Giveaway #1

My little title thingy next to my username states that I want 1 of 4,038. What on earth could I be talking about? First correct answer wins a 0/0/0 Ford GT No Stripe and 5 paints of their choice.

If you are not interested in the prize but know the answer, politely leave the giveaway to others, or PM a friend and get him/her involved. If you've followed any of my posts on gtp, this is the correct place to start for giveaway #1!
:crazy: There are only 4038!? :crazy:

Giveaway #2.

Level Ticket 23 or Birthday 70, your choice.

My son (junior) and daughter (freshman) attend a magnificent high school with a two time defending state champion football program which has also won more state titles than any other school in their class.

They play a rival, larger school tonight.

How many points will OUR team score tonight? Guesses are accepted throughout the weekend. If the same number is guessed twice, first poster wins. Revising your guess is not allowed.

A Ford gt?
Answer to giveaway 1

CORRECT!!

Most sources state 4,038 Ford GT's were produced. All I need is one of them to be happy!

Comgratulations, you win a 0/0/0 Ford GT No Stripe Sir. Please FR me
At BJBEOSmitty and please mention "no stripe" or something similar. As my first ever winner, can I throw in some paints for you? Matte/Chrome/Color Change? Perhaps paint your No Stripe a DLC color? Let me know via visitor message to keep the thread clean(er).

Last edited:
Giveaway #3 - Name Crazy

Prize is any Premium, Tradeable Car, painted in the DLC Color of your choice and 5 Chrome or Matte paints of your choice.

In GT5, which NASCAR Driver has his name butchered? His last name is sometimes misspelled, and the misspelling is ALSO used in place of his first name at times! For example, if the driver's name was Robbie Fowler, GT5 says "Fiwler had a great 2009 season, wowing his fans and his sponsors".

Giveaway #4 - Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Basic giveaway - first to quote this post gets a 1967 ticket!!! IF you also provide a fun fact about the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans race in your post. In addition to the required fun fact, including a photo in the same post will also get you either a second 1967 ticket, which will go to any other poster in this thread of your choosing, OR 5 paints for yourself.

Giveaway #3

Uhh... KB #18?

Cheers mate, I like your thread, generosity and mentality :)
Keep it up!

Giveaway #4 - Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Basic giveaway - first to quote this post gets a 1967 ticket!!! IF you also provide a fun fact about the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans race in your post. In addition to the required fun fact, including a photo in the same post will also get you either a second 1967 ticket, which will go to any other poster in this thread of your choosing, OR 5 paints for yourself.

NT1554 by NT1138, on Flickr

It remains to this day the only Le Mans 24 to be won by all American. American built car, American team, American drivers.

Giveaway #3

Uhh... KB #18?

Cheers mate, I like your thread, generosity and mentality :)
Keep it up!

Nope, not Kyle Busch

Giveaway #2 - Guess How many football points will be scored, is a wide open race with only two guesses so far. The contest will remain open until reset Sunday evening! Post your guess!

nt1138 wins Giveaway #4, and a 1967 ticket! Congrats to you Sir!. For including a most lovely photo, would you like a second 1967 ticket to go to another poster in this thread of YOUR choosing, or just receive paints for yourself Sir? Please post or visitor message me. Arrrrrrr!!!!

Others... Please dont beg in this situation, thanks in advance. YouButNotYou, who hasn't posted here yet, is allowed to beg ONCE (lol)

Last edited:
BJBEOSmitty
Giveaway #3 - Name Crazy

Prize is any Premium, Tradeable Car, painted in the DLC Color of your choice and 5 Chrome or Matte paints of your choice.

In GT5, which NASCAR Driver has his name butchered? His last name is sometimes misspelled, and the misspelling is ALSO used in place of his first name at times! For example, if the driver's name was Robbie Fowler, GT5 says "Fiwler had a great 2009 season, wowing his fans and his sponsors".

Jeff Gordon

nt1138 wins Giveaway #4, and a 1967 ticket! Congrats to you Sir!. For including a most lovely photo, would you like a second 1967 ticket to go to another poster in this thread of YOUR choosing, or just receive paints for yourself Sir? Please post or visitor message me. Arrrrrrr!!!!

Others... Please dont beg in this situation, thanks in advance. YouButNotYou, who hasn't posted here yet, is allowed to beg ONCE (lol)

Cheers Smitty, there was another GT parked at the side of that one but not in the colour. Anyone that needs the ticket can have it sir. I'll leave that up to you fellow pirate, garrrr!

The NASCAR driver who has his name spelled incorrectly has not been named yet. At least the one that I noticed has not been named yet.

Giveaway #5 and #6

Who needs Matte Paints? Who needs Chrome Paints? No somersaults or hops to jump through here, just claim them

ie "I'll take Chrome (specify gold/silver/some of both)" and FR me
or "I'll take some Mattes (which 5 would you like)" and FR me.

Off to the football game in about 15 mins... So by for now. I'll probably check in a few times.

BJBEOSmitty
The NASCAR driver who has his name spelled incorrectly has not been named yet. At least the one that I noticed has not been named yet.

Giveaway #5 and #6

Who needs Matte Paints? Who needs Chrome Paints? No somersaults or hops to jump through here, just claim them

ie "I'll take Chrome (specify gold/silver/some of both)" and FR me
or "I'll take some Mattes (which 5 would you like)" and FR me.

Off to the football game in about 15 mins... So by for now. I'll probably check in a few times.

I'll take some mattes :) No greedy list here right?I don't wanna be greedy again :(

I would muchly appreciate your generous of of some matte paints: red, light green, light red? Pink and white if available but would still muchly appreciate just one or 2

mjm_98
I would muchly appreciate your generous of of some matte paints: red, light green, light red? Pink and white if available but would still muchly appreciate just one or 2

Sorry but I took it first :/

Add me, I'll send them after reset on Smitty's behalf mate 👍

Sorry but I took it first :/

Easy there Bob... You both posted at 6:23. It was very close. No need to play referee, let things play out please.

And I don't have a greedy list. No need as this thread will be different. Thanks for the assist on the bonus Mattes nt you old peg legged marauder!

A punt was just ran back for a score to take the lead!

Last edited:
Back