GTP Nascar Nationwide Series - Series Champion: Spurgy 777

• Thread starter Müle
  • 578 comments

Which tire compound do you want to use for the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Müle

inhaler of the rifftree
Premium
Canada
Ontario
34tbqs2.png

Due to Sprint Cup being put on pause for the time being, Season 3 of Nationwide will run independently for the first time. Teams remain, and team owners will remain as they were following the owners draft and before the decision was made to hit the pause button.

Season 3 will be a 10 race championship, with 2 dropped rounds allowed. Up to 11 different winners will be possible, thanks to the first ever double header round at SSRX.

We also see the introduction of the Triple Crown, with 5 extra bonus points going to whoever wins the three longest races on the schedule, and further prizes being awarded for whoever is skillful (and lucky) enough to win 2 or more.

All races will be held on Saturday afternoons, at 1:00 PM EST (6:00 PM GMT/UTC) in a public lobby hosted by me. Please make sure that "MULE_9242" is on your friends list so I don't mistake you for a random and kick you by accident!

Basic Rules and Regulations:

-Any NASCAR in GT5 is allowed. 2010 and 2011 models are both fine. The special Gamestop Toyota is also allowed
-All cars will be restricted to 473 horsepower for all tracks using the power limiter.
-The tire compound used will be Sport Softs. No other compound, harder or softer may be used.
-Mechanical and Visual damage is OFF
-Fuel consumption and tire wear are on NORMAL
-Grip Reduction is set to REAL
-Slipstream is set to WEAK
-Boost is OFF
-Race quality will be HIGH
-Mic quality will be LOW (kept on to aid communication during the race)
-No speed limit is enforced upon entering pit road. Be warned that GT5 can sometimes assess its own penalty for entering pit road too quickly, but it is entirely dependent on the track and where your pit box is located specifically. Please give other drivers space and courtesy to enter pit road safely.
-While exiting pit road, every driver must remain in the single furthest inside lane. Drivers are not required to run the apron/service road until the back straightaway, but they are required to stay in the very inside lane when they do merge on to the racing surface. At Daytona, you must stay below the thick yellow line before merging up to the inside lane. On Road courses with a white or yellow line on the pit exit (Spa, Suzuka, High Speed Ring), you must stay inside that line.
-While cornering on road courses, two tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips are NOT considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement.
-As above, At Daytona or SSRX, you are not allowed to drive below the yellow line on the apron in order to make a pass
-NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.
-Slight rubbing is inevitable, and is allowed, but intentionally spinning out or "punting" another driver is strictly prohibited. In the event that this happens, Point penalties may be assessed, or you may be excluded from the race results, depending on the situation and severity of the incident. Repeat offenders risk being disqualified from the championship.
-Accidents happen. If you make a mistake which causes another racer in front of you to spin out, you must wait for them to rejoin the track, and allow them to overtake you before returning to race speed
-If you are caught up in a wreck that happened in front of you, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for you.
-EXCEPTION: If somebody involved in an accident rejoins the track without regard for the position of others, and causes somebody to hit them, then they are subject to the same penalties as above, depending on intent.
-If you have an issue with another driver, please send them a PM.
-If you disconnect during the race, you will be marked with a DNF and receive last place points.
-If you wish to retire from the race, drive your car into the pits, and press Start. The game will keep you in your pitbox until the end of the race.

Qualifying and Gridding:
-Qualifying will be held 20 minutes before the race, and last for 15 minutes, during which time, everyone will be allowed on track to set a lap
-During this time, the room will be reset and collisions will be turned off.
-If you cut the track at any time, you must abandon your lap and try again.
-At the end of the session I will type in the chat "Quali is over. Please finish your lap and go to the pits."
-I will exit and go into "watch race" mode, write down everyone's times.
-The driver with the fastest time will get 1 bonus point
-The room will then be reset again, so that collisions will be turned back on.
-During this time, drivers may tweak their setups if they choose to do so.
-After the room has loaded, drivers will be called one by one onto the track, where they will park in their qualifying order.
-Once everyone is on track, in order, the race will be started.

Rolling starts:

-Every race (Except SSRX) will have a formation lap and rolling start
-If the grid order is wrong when the race starts, use this time to sort yourselves and get in order.
-Maintain a pace speed of 60 mph / 100 km/h
-Polesitter, and all odd cars will start on the inside of the track, even cars will start on the outside
-Absolutely no weaving on the formation lap; it does more harm than good
-Unless otherwise noted, the start line in the game will be where the polesitter accelerates
-You may not pass any car until you cross the start line
-Races at SSRX will start at the 1000 meter line.

Last edited:
Season Schedule:

Preseason: 60 laps at Daytona
February 9th
Winner: Tom. (KBM)

Round 1: Daytona 300 (Triple Crown race 1)
120+1 laps/300 miles
February 16th

Round 2: Old Spice 125 @ TR Motegi Superspeedway
84+1 laps/125 miles
February 23rd

Round 3: HTC 100 @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
23+1 laps/100 miles
March 2nd

Round 4: Clabber Girl 150 @ Indianapolis
60+1 laps/150 miles
March 9th

Round 5: Verizon FiOS 100 @ High Speed Ring
42+1 laps/100 miles
March 16th

Round 6: Rebel 200 @ TR Motegi Superspeedway (Triple Crown race 2)
133+1 laps/200 miles
March 23rd

Round 7: Aarons 188 @ Special Stage Route X**
2x5 laps/188 miles/300 kilometers
March 30th

Round 8: Jägermeister/Red Bull 110K @ Suzuka East
49+1 laps/110 kilometers/68 miles
March 6th

Round 9: Rolex 150 @ Daytona
60+1 laps/150 miles
April 13th

Round 10: Indy 250 (Triple Crown race 3)
100 laps/250 miles
April 20th

**The race at SSRX will be two 5 lap sprint races. Each race will give half points. There may be two winners, but all bonus points will be treated as if it was just 1 10 lap race. If you lead a lap in both races, you will only get one bonus point for a lap led. If you lead 6 laps in both races combined, you will get 1 point for most laps led.

Championship and points:

Points remain the same as before:

1st place - 20 points
2nd place - 18 points
3rd place - 16 points
4th place - 14 points
5th place - 12 points
6th place - 10 points
7th place - 9 points
8th place - 8 points
9th place - 7 points
10th place - 6 points
11th place - 5 points
12th place - 4 points
13th place - 3 points
14th place - 2 points
15th place - 1 point

Bonus points:

+1 for winning pole
+1 for leading a single lap
+1 for leading the most laps on an oval
+1 for the fastest lap on a road course (must be on track at the end of the race)
+5 for winning a triple crown race

Drivers Championship:
-After the 10 rounds, the driver with the highest number of points will be declared champion.
-All drivers lowest 2 rounds will be dropped, with their 8 highest results counting. Round 10 cannot be dropped.
-If there is a tie in points, the driver with the most wins wins the tiebreaker. Then 2nd, 3rd, etc.

Teams Championship:
-This season, like last season will have 5 teams of 3 cars each (see below), for a total field of 15 cars per race.
-Team owners are determined by the Sprint Cup Owners draft
-Team owners have complete control over who drivers for them; if you are interested in joining, contact one of them
-The top 2 cars from each team per race will score points towards the team championship
-Bonus points scored by drivers do not count towards the Team Championship
-On the other hand, all point penalties assessed to drivers will also be taken off his Teams point total.

Teams and Drivers:

It is the responsibility of the team owners to fill the seats on their team with full-time drivers, in order to compete for the season-long Team Owner's Championship. The current team rosters are as follows:

JR Motorsports:
Team Owner: MÜLE_9242
2010 #24: MULE_9242
2011 #24: kenkwilinski
2011 #48: MustangRyan
Drivers: MÜLE_9242, MustangRyan, kenkwilinski

Kyle Busch Motorsports:
Team Owner: Knelly
Drivers: smuffyatfcp (part time), Tom., D4LVY_

Roush Fenway Racing:
Team Owner: Furinkazen
2010 #43: jammy21 / The Widowmaker
2011 #43: Furinkazen / Ganon83
2011 #99: chrisjohnson93

RAB Racing:
Team Owner: RedPartyhat
2011 #83: RedPartyhat
2011 #83b: Niop
2010 #83: neljack
Reserves: Carbonox

Phoenix Racing:
Team Owner: gokartman78
Drivers: gokartman78, DrifterJoe, Akmuq

Last edited:
reserved2. might not even need this but just in case:

Count me in as long as I can get a ride. :)

You should add a pole to the thread to see what tire compound gets the most votes, but only count the votes by those who are part of GTP NASCAR (so you don't have random people voting).

Why Nascar? WHY WHY WHY WHY?! :grumpy::banghead:
Specifically to annoy you. ;)
Count me in as long as I can get a ride. :)

You should add a pole to the thread to see what tire compound gets the most votes, but only count the votes by those who are part of GTP NASCAR (so you don't have random people voting).

One step ahead of you.

(Also, talk to Furi or Kartman if you want a seat)

I'm reserving judgement on the tyre thing for now as I'm not really sure which I'd prefer, not having tried them at NW spec. I'll vote soon though.

Nice work on the thread mate 👍

I know which one I would like best, but I wont vote yet because I don't want to influence anyone else either way. Each have their own pros and cons, as I said in the old thread.

Pros:
SS: puts the racing a little bit more into the drivers hands with the slightly reduced grip; wears a bit more than RH from what I observed
RH: balance between grip and driver input
RM: has the most wear which means driver skill is more crucial later in a run

Cons:
SS: The reduced grip can lead to more mistakes and therefore, more crashes
RH: Not enough wear
RM: Too much grip

I think sports soft will win in the end to be honest; I think everyone here is ready for a new challenge. We've been racing on slick tyres for the past couple of years and although it keeps the racing close there's little driver skill involved, especially at Daytona and SSRX.

But like I say, I'll wait a while to actually vote.

got a full team at last :D. Akmuq takes the 42 and me and joe will decide who wants to be the office guy, or the sexy old spice guy ;)

I'm should have news within 48 hours of drivers for Ford 👍

MÜLE_9242;8077136
I thought you were just part time?

New router is in, and the connection seems to have perked up a bit. if it goes badly akmuq will take over as team leader :(. I can see that happening as it is very inconsistent :(

I'm assuming it's a given that all non-driver votes will be removed from the poll; why do people feel the need to vote on things they're not involved in?

Hi everyone I'll register my interest in racing in this series, my good buddy Niop sent me here with plenty of kind words to say about you all and the quality of racing.

I'm flexible with regards to being full time or reserve, and given that I share a RFLX tag with Niop, I'm no idiot behind the wheel. Hit me up at my ID RFLXWidowmaker or via PM. Thanks

I'm assuming it's a given that all non-driver votes will be removed from the poll; why do people feel the need to vote on things they're not involved in?
I plan on being part time.

That's why the poll is public. So I can easily throw out any trolls who vote even though they're not interested.

Smuffy and myself will be sharing the #18 seat for KBM, while Tom and Dave remain full time.

Need to catch up with Spurgy to see if he's still interested as well, now that there is just NW.

I wanted to vote for racing hard tires, but mediums looked more likely to beat sport soft tires. So, my vote was essentially cast as "not sport softs."

Damn it, I just know RM is gonna win the poll. SS would be so much more fun.

And that's nice to hear Knelly 👍

Mediums are just too much grip.

BTW, Ford will have Me, Ganon, Jammy, Chris, and a possible fifth driver all in cars at some point through the season.

I actually voted for RM's but actually meant to choose RH. So Mule, you can retract my vote and count it towards RH. My bad, sorry guys.

Back