Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,916 comments
Was someone asking recently why shadows noticeably pop in when driving down long straights?
Might not have been here.
But anyway, increase this third number until they don't.

1726849038639.png

There are "ext_config.ini" files in some of the skin folders, something about "[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_3]". These cause the wiper to not work properly.
Delete the "ext_config.ini" files in the skin folders. Wipers will work fine after that.
Strange that a simple mesh adjustment destroyed the windshield wiper. But it is possible that there is really something wrong with the csp: on the z3 I had to create two separate models because I could not insert the gtr rims (every shadows disappeared). Maybe some scripts stopped working. Consider that the wiper was coded almost at the beginning.. time will tell. 🧐

Hi Guys

Here a small texture update.

Installation:

- Download track first and install (free download)

https://www.patreon.com/posts/publi...-5e9d-4b0f-8a4c-908e89b14159&utm_medium=email

- Download my update and install (manual install)
- Allow ext file and backround images to overwrite

- Select CF1_grand_valley_speedway_LL in Content Manager to activate skins

P.S. If you don't know how to install these textures or track, please send me DM and I would be more than happy to assist :)

Update details v1.1:

• New concrete texture
  • Replaced black Grand Turismo flag
  • Added two more loading screens

Grand_Valley_Speedway_7.jpg
concrete.jpg
concrete_1.jpg

More loading screens:

Grand_Valley_Speedway_5.jpg
Grand_Valley_Speedway_6.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Does anyone experience extremely long loading times at some tracks? Have noticed it since a while now at JohnR's Daytona and Turtle's 2023 Long Beach. Any CSP setting which could trigger something like that?
I'm using 0.2.4-preview1.

Thoroughly enjoyed the videos - what a tough competitor that #62 - diving late in front of you in that horseshoe-turn, you having to go on the inside, clipping the tall grass coming out of the turn - the effects were awesome... Tell me, you're obviously driving in VR mode - what hardware do you have? Cause the immersion is phenomenal, thanks. Going to start saving immediately for it so it doesn't break the household budget... :lol:

Opel Calibra DTM - Classic Gulf Livery WIP

Personally, this is a classic livery for me, which I'm happy to include in the collection...

View attachment 1390724
View attachment 1390725
View attachment 1390726
Please let me know when your skins are available, they are just beautiful!

Working on another update to Brno, with some texture updates for a few adboards, and guff like animated birds added. But the main difference will be a complete overhaul of the tree textures.
Guess what, SimBin? Brno isn't a Christmas card scene with nothing but pine trees and firs, so this will be reflected in the variety of trees in the update.

View attachment 1390777

Trees will all now be of the same high-resolution quality (rather than the 8-bit mishmash we had before) and new bespoke transparent treewalls are being created from the same textures.
Everything will be tone mapped and balanced to the environment.
Still WIP at the moment but it's already transformed the look of the track. Really pleased with the results so far.

View attachment 1390782
Looks good, just don't think that these tree's look right to the regent, not that my previous update did.

Do have have a new tree and vegetation texture update for this track if you want.

Am trying to finalize some of the higher tree's (leefless tree's) to give it a authentic look with some goodies here and there :)

X90
If you mean the laser beam, I was having this issue on LCS with Pure - they were everywhere, particularly at the start of practices and races. Couldn't fix it with any CSP settings or a clean Pure install. Reverting to Pure Gamma and re-enabling C13 AEGIS 1.9 completely fixed the issue.

I assume it's an LCS bug. Another reason to hold out on LCS for a while.
I did some testing with CSP 0.2.5-preview1 and I have the problem with the laser beam with Pure Gamma (with PP filter Natural Mod version 30.1) and Pure LCS (with PP filter C13AEGIS 2.0). So I don't think, that Pure or the PP filter causes the problem. As the laser beam comes from the exhaust pipes of the car and that car is going crazy, I think it has something to do with the extended physics. But even in large fields of 50-60 cars only 2-3 cars have this problem, even if the same car is multiple times in the field. I also deactivated new AI behaviour, but that had no effect. Cars without extended physics don't have this problem.

I did some testing with CSP 0.2.5-preview1 and I have the problem with the laser beam with Pure Gamma (with PP filter Natural Mod version 30.1) and Pure LCS (with PP filter C13AEGIS 2.0). So I don't think, that Pure or the PP filter causes the problem. As the laser beam comes from the exhaust pipes of the car and that car is going crazy, I think it has something to do with the extended physics. But even in large fields of 50-60 cars only 2-3 cars have this problem, even if the same car is multiple times in the field. I also deactivated new AI behaviour, but that had no effect. Cars without extended physics don't have this problem.
Hm. My testing was indeed with the RSS Lanzo with CSP Physics enabled at JohnR's Mosport. Multiple trials, and I saw no laser beams after reverting to Pure Gamma. In LCS, they were everywhere.

Latest CSP preview. Probably something to do with the interaction between Pure and CSP then, specifically for these cars.

X90
Hm. My testing was indeed with the RSS Lanzo with CSP Physics enabled at JohnR's Mosport. Multiple trials, and I saw no laser beams after reverting to Pure Gamma. In LCS, they were everywhere.

Latest CSP preview. Probably something to do with the interaction between Pure and CSP then, specifically for these cars.
It's not caused by Pure! Just test with the default weather style and switch on off LCS option.

A weather script has no interaction with certain cars!

Was someone asking recently why shadows noticeably pop in when driving down long straights?
Might not have been here.
But anyway, increase this third number until they don't.

View attachment 1390785
hi , can someone explain these 3 values please? (Why don't these things come with a tooltip explanation?? ;)

Unfortunately the last digit does not increase the range (distance from the car) until where shadows are rendered in details

these are my settings:
1726873450274.png

I can clearly see that the shadows become less detailed approx 20m in front of my car... )
1726873506726.png

increasing the last number to 2000 as Masscot suggested,
still the detailed render distance seems same, but after that the shadows are no longer rendered at all ... so it got worse instead of improved:

1726873671713.png

EDIT: in fact LOWERING this number seems to have the desired effect!

1726874250935.png

1726874299650.png

EDIT2 : and yet the same settings don't seem to fix it on all tracks! For example on Charlotte Motor Speedway Oval , I still get blurry shadows after some distance:
1726875770973.png

EDIT3:
it seemed to me the best solution is to disable Smart Shadows altogether... but then I am faced again with this disturbing shadow issue of the shadows only being drawn in front, and when looking to the side, you can see the shadows are not drawn there :
1726878581437.png

So please WHAT are good settings for having realistic shadows (that don't cut off anywhere too obvious) ?

Attachments

• 1726873048829.png
    1726873048829.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi Guys

This car was recommended to me a few years back by @Fanapryde , still one of my favorite cars to race around.

In my opinion this is the best mod in it's class including all street variants and other mods, just feels and sounds awesome!

Interior needed some updates so have added my touch a bit :)

Installation:

- You need to have the eatc_bmw_220i car mod installed first

- Car download link in my download

- Copy textures in Interior_update folder into each skins folder

Update details v1.2:

Whilst updating a track have been using this car, although I did update this car already, decided to step it up a bit as per my other interior update mods. This is a complete rework of the interior with new textures.

• New alcnt_nm texture and upscaled
  • New bmw_logo and upscaled
  • New cabin_ao and upscaled
  • Reworked cabin_map and upscaled
  • New cockpit_belt texture and upscaled
  • New cockpit_belt_door texture and upscaled
  • Interior decals reworked and upscaled
  • New leather texture and upscaled
  • New leather_nm texture and upscaled
  • New leather2 texture and upscaled
  • New leather2_nm texture and upscaled
  • Exterior lights textures reworked and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon texture and upscaled
  • New MAT_Carbon_nm texture and upscaled
  • Reworked mat_metal_grey texture
  • Reworked mat_metal_white texture
  • Reworked mat_plastic_black texture
  • Reworked mat_plastic_grey texture
  • Reworked mat_rubber_dark texture
  • Reworked mat_stainless texture and upscaled
  • Reworked MAT_white texture
  • Reworked metal_detail texture
  • Reworked parts_d texture and upscaled
  • Reworked pedals texture and upscaled
  • Reworked PlasticDetail texture and upscaled
  • Reworked RearLigth_glass and upscaled
  • New scratches texture and upscaled
  • New red stiches texture added to steering wheel and upscaled

eatc_bmw_220i_5.jpg

preview.jpg
eatc_bmw_220i_3.jpg
eatc_bmw_220i_4.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys

This car was recommended to me a few years back by @Fanapryde , still one of my favorite cars to race around.

In my opinion this is the best mod in it's class including all street variants and other mods, just feels and sounds awesome!

Installation:

Update details v1.2:

Whilst updating a track have been using this car, although I did update this car already, decided to step it up a bit as per my other interior update mods. This is a complete rework of the interior with new textures.

View attachment 1390887
View attachment 1390847View attachment 1390851View attachment 1390863

this is all good and well , but the brakelights are no longer distinguishable when lights are on (without having to resort to turning PP Effects on), so it's no fav+ in my book...

hi , can someone explain these 3 values please? (Why don't these things come with a tooltip explanation?? ;)

Unfortunately the last digit does not increase the range (distance from the car) until where shadows are rendered in details

these are my settings:
View attachment 1390845
I can clearly see that the shadows become less detailed approx 20m in front of my car... )
View attachment 1390846

increasing the last number to 2000 as Masscot suggested,
still the detailed render distance seems same, but after that the shadows are no longer rendered at all ... so it got worse instead of improved:

View attachment 1390872

EDIT: in fact LOWERING this number seems to have the desired effect!

View attachment 1390873
View attachment 1390874

EDIT2 : and yet the same settings don't seem to fix it on all tracks! For example on Charlotte Motor Speedway Oval , I still get blurry shadows after some distance:
View attachment 1390886

EDIT3:
it seemed to me the best solution is to disable Smart Shadows altogether... but then I am faced again with this disturbing shadow issue of the shadows only being drawn in front, and when looking to the side, you can see the shadows are not drawn there :
View attachment 1390892

So please WHAT are good settings for having realistic shadows (that don't cut off anywhere too obvious) ?
You can't have superp settings for all situations with these 3 values!!!

Those are the distances of the shadow cascades.

So in AC the shadows, or better the shadows resolution, or better the resulution of the sun light processing on track objects is splitted into 3 or 4 parts. Also the resolution within such a cascade is dynamic, dependend on the range from one to another cascade.

So the first one (the nearest one) has the biggest resolution. It is the resulotion you set for the shadows in the AC video settings.

So the higher a value is there, the more distant the next shadow cascade is, but you will also lower resolution if you widen the cascade distance.

1726898658710.png

So the quality of shadows in AC is always balanced to reduce the load on the GPU.

You can set it very high quality, but only with the cost of being very rough in the distance or vise versa.

The only way to have overall superb quality is to set the 3rd value very big and set shadows resolution to the highest possible.

And you have many many optimization methods in AC to bypass the shadows rendering, because it is always heavy. So you might see sudden unshadowed things out of a certain FOV.

So sunlight light processing is the most GPU heavy render thing and thats why there are so many methods to minimize the load.
Because noone will understand it, that for good shadows your fps will massively go down.

Here are settings for very good shadows:
1726899394402.png

1726899414729.png

But with a very high GPU load!

Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayenne_ks_red_bull_ring_21-8-124-8-16-22.jpg

Attachments

• 1726899182348.png
    1726899182348.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi Guys

Installation:

Update details v1.2:

View attachment 1390887
View attachment 1390847View attachment 1390851View attachment 1390863

This is indeed a lovely-to-drive little bolide.
And your texture update is a significant visual upgrade.
Double thanks are due! :cheers:

For everyone... Just curious. This is/was a fictional championship, right? The EurAsian Touring Car Championship?
Neither web search, nor AI research returns anything useful. Except that our mate @Toonces created a slew of setups for different tracks. Seems like the 220i was a baseline model, never was an M220i, nor a GT4?
Car certainly drives like a M GT4 ito authority, agree with @Toonces, perhaps a smidge TOO grippy.

Great fun whatever the truth.

You can't have superp settings for all situations with these 3 values!!!

Those are the distances of the shadow cascades.

So in AC the shadows, or better the shadows resolution, or better the resulution of the sun light processing on track objects is splitted into 3 or 4 parts. Also the resolution within such a cascade is dynamic, dependend on the range from one to another cascade.

So the first one (the nearest one) has the biggest resolution. It is the resulotion you set for the shadows in the AC video settings.

So the higher a value is there, the more distant the next shadow cascade is, but you will also lower resolution if you widen the cascade distance.

View attachment 1390918

So the quality of shadows in AC is always balanced to reduce the load on the GPU.

You can set it very high quality, but only with the cost of being very rough in the distance or vise versa.

The only way to have overall superb quality is to set the 3rd value very big and set shadows resolution to the highest possible.

And you have many many optimization methods in AC to bypass the shadows rendering, because it is always heavy. So you might see sudden unshadowed things out of a certain FOV.

So sunlight light processing is the most GPU heavy render thing and thats why there are so many methods to minimize the load.
Because noone will understand it, that for good shadows your fps will massively go down.

Here are settings for very good shadows:
View attachment 1390924
View attachment 1390925

But with a very high GPU load!

View attachment 1390926
Yes, these are close to the settings I settled on and posted earlier. I run 4096X and don't see that much load or much less quality than 8192. Maybe due to my 3rd split being much closer @ 250m.

Hi All, I don't seem to be able to find the answer to this online. I have follow Kunos car's brake disc shader setting for the brake disc for my mod, but I do not get why even when the car is stationary, the brake discs were blurred as shown below:
1726905888063.png

Shader Settings:
1726905950834.png

and I have only added the burred texture to the txBlur slot. Anyone can kindly explain why? Thanks!

Yes, these are close to the settings I settled on and posted earlier. I run 4096X and don't see that much load or much less quality than 8192. Maybe due to my 3rd split being much closer @ 250m.
The real load comes with low sunangles.
You can compare the load with CSP render stats app and you can switch shadow resolutions ingame with the video mode app. There you see the bigger load. Its a direct and linear load progression. There is no magic behind it. If you have shadows at 4096x4096 it will use 4x the load like 2048x2048.

Also you always need to check for the pop-in/pop-out shadows. Like at tracks with hills, set a low sunangle and drive around the track. Only with a high 3rd value you will prevent those shadows fluctuations.

Last edited:
View attachment 1390892

I don't have that problem, but you can change this in Smart Shadows. Search for "Look Direction" in Custom Shadow Matrices.
If you play in VR like me this should be set to "Don't use in VR".

Strange that a simple mesh adjustment destroyed the windshield wiper. But it is possible that there is really something wrong with the csp: on the z3 I had to create two separate models because I could not insert the gtr rims (every shadows disappeared). Maybe some scripts stopped working. Consider that the wiper was coded almost at the beginning.. time will tell. 🧐
in the skin ext_config, if I replace number of "[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_X] (X is number 0/1/2/3) by [MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]" wiper is working.

other issue, I have very low power of braking, I tried with and without extended physics without succes.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back