Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,938 comments
Hey everyone, I recently updated CSP and went to race at Mike08's Lienz track and got a crash: "Failed to allocate GPU memory" - after doing some research it looks like an update in CSP changed the way camera_facing.ini loads and causes this crash. So far this is the only circuit to have this problem.

Any ideas on how I can fix this issue so I can run this track?
same problem in some circuits, csp 0.2.5P1 .
I have not found any solution for now.

in the skin ext_config, if I replace number of "[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_X] (X is number 0/1/2/3) by [MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]" wiper is working.

other issue, I have very low power of braking, I tried with and without extended physics without succes.

EDIT : I think it's because you haven't anything about ABS on the electronics.ini file
IF you add this below it's Ok (maybe settings aren't accurate) :

[ABS]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.17
CURVE=
PRESENT=0
ACTIVE=0
RATE_HZ=58
Afaik this (and all other GT1 cars) did not have ABS, right ?

Last edited:
__custom_showroom_1726921438.jpg

Released : Dodge Chager STR8 GR.3 (Fictional Race Car)
Author:F302
3D Model :The Crew2
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302
3d work: F302
Lod´s: ACTK
Tweaks:ACTK
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.5-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE_EVO
have fun!
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

Last edited:
Ferrari 500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe(v1.0) by F40 LM Lover

It is tested in CSP 2.5 Preview1
You need CSP latest Version
20240921-212741-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-ferrari_500_monidal_pinin_farina_coupe-pure.jpg
20240921-212731-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-ferrari_500_monidal_pinin_farina_coupe-pure.jpg
20240921-212712-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-ferrari_500_monidal_pinin_farina_coupe-pure.jpg
20240921-212641-vulk_rick_roll_bridge-ferrari_500_monidal_pinin_farina_coupe-pure.jpg

1. 3d Model
1) Based on Gran Turismo 7 by Poly Pony Digital
2) Some Parts are from Forza Horizon 4
3) Converted by F40 LM Lover
2. Features
1) Exterior Animations
-. Left Door : Extra A
-. Right Door : Extra B
-. MOTOR Hood Open : Extra C
-. Quarter Window Open : Extra D
-. Fog Lights : Extra F
2) Interior Animations
-. GAS, Brake, Clutch Pedal with Feet : Don't need Key assign
-. Trun Signal Switch with Arm & Hand : need Key Assign
-. Lighting Signal Switch with Arm & Hand : need Key Assign
-. Windows Open with Arm & Hand
-. Fog Light with Arm & hand
-. H-Pattern Shifter with Arm & Hand
-. Horn With Arm & Hand
3. Physics : F40 LM Lover
4. Sounds : Kunos' 250 GTO
5. Download Link is in the description of video.

The real load comes with low sunangles.
You can compare the load with CSP render stats app and you can switch shadow resolutions ingame with the video mode app. There you see the bigger load. Its a direct and linear load progression. There is no magic behind it. If you have shadows at 4096x4096 it will use 4x the load like 2048x2048.

Also you always need to check for the pop-in/pop-out shadows. Like at tracks with hills, set a low sunangle and drive around the track. Only with a high 3rd value you will prevent those shadows fluctuations.
With your suggested settings I no longer see the cascade split anywhere even with late day long shadows. I'm using 4096 shadows and it looks great. Thanks!

edit: I found a few places where the split is still evident but it's *closer to me in cockpit view but seems less imposing (perhaps depending on how far I'm looking ahead?)

908-03@tandragee.jpg

Last edited:
in the skin ext_config, if I replace number of "[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_X] (X is number 0/1/2/3) by [MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]" wiper is working.

other issue, I have very low power of braking, I tried with and without extended physics without succes.

EDIT : I think it's because you haven't anything about ABS on the electronics.ini file
IF you add this below it's Ok (maybe settings aren't accurate) :

[ABS]
SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT=0.17
CURVE=
PRESENT=0
ACTIVE=0
RATE_HZ=58
Afaik this (and all other GT1 cars) did not have ABS, right ?
GT1 cars did not feature ABS or TCS
GT1 class does not have abs or tcs. I think ChemFlummi did not include them for this reason

I'll take into account what was said about the mesh adjustment, at least this way I won't have to redo the windshield wipers from scratch again LOL

Now a little question: since I switched to pure LCS and the new CSP I have all these graphic artifacts (lights and reflections with every PP-Filter I have). Does anyone know what causes them?

1726924271708.png

Last edited:
You can't have superp settings for all situations with these 3 values!!!

Those are the distances of the shadow cascades.

So in AC the shadows, or better the shadows resolution, or better the resulution of the sun light processing on track objects is splitted into 3 or 4 parts. Also the resolution within such a cascade is dynamic, dependend on the range from one to another cascade.

So the first one (the nearest one) has the biggest resolution. It is the resulotion you set for the shadows in the AC video settings.

So the higher a value is there, the more distant the next shadow cascade is, but you will also lower resolution if you widen the cascade distance.

View attachment 1390918

So the quality of shadows in AC is always balanced to reduce the load on the GPU.

You can set it very high quality, but only with the cost of being very rough in the distance or vise versa.

The only way to have overall superb quality is to set the 3rd value very big and set shadows resolution to the highest possible.

And you have many many optimization methods in AC to bypass the shadows rendering, because it is always heavy. So you might see sudden unshadowed things out of a certain FOV.

So sunlight light processing is the most GPU heavy render thing and thats why there are so many methods to minimize the load.
Because noone will understand it, that for good shadows your fps will massively go down.

Here are settings for very good shadows:
View attachment 1390924
View attachment 1390925

But with a very high GPU load!

View attachment 1390926
thank you Peter for that great explanation!
I will play around with it and land on a comfortable middle ground...

Cheers and have a good weekend!

Ferrari 500 Mondial

Pininfarina

Coupe(v1.0) by F40 LM Lover

It is tested in CSP 2.5 Preview1
You need CSP latest Version
Thank you @F40LM for releasing such great car, which might have been tested in 2.5, but works flawlessly in 2.4 preview211.(looking at you URD!)
Thank you so much for the impeccable driver animation:
2) Interior Animations
-. GAS, Brake, Clutch Pedal with Feet : Don't need Key assign
-. Trun Signal Switch with Arm & Hand : need Key Assign
-. Lighting Signal Switch with Arm & Hand : need Key Assign
-. Windows Open with Arm & Hand
-. Fog Light with Arm & hand
-. H-Pattern Shifter with Arm & Hand
-. Horn With Arm & Hand
The second this week, not sure if it is a new trend, I hope it is, but as a VR driver, it is very much appreciated and makes AC feel so 2025. :cheers:

Last edited:
GT1 class does not have abs or tcs. I think ChemFlummi did not include them for this reason

I'll take into account what was said about the mesh adjustment, at least this way I won't have to redo the windshield wipers from scratch again LOL

Now a little question: since I switched to pure LCS and the new CSP I have all these graphic artifacts (lights and reflections with every PP-Filter I have). Does anyone know what causes them?

View attachment 1391018
Not a fizix expert, but I don't believe the electronic.ini should ever be left blank, no matter how opinionated the modder/driver is about <clarkson-anorak-voice>XYZ CAR DID NOT HAVE ABS!!</clarkson-anorak-voice>.

There are driving modes which activate ABS by default. If the electronics.ini is deliberately left blank, at game time the AC engine could be left in an indeterminate state, because the entries required to process ABS simply aren't there. Symptoms are typically a 0.5s period oscillation of the steering (particularly on older non-DD wheels) and a non-responsive brake pedal. This can be fixed at the setup screen by manually turning ABS off (every.time.you.drive.the.car) Ask me how I know :)

If the electronics is populated, the values will be used, and PRESENT and ACTIVE parameters will be respected. If these are both set to zero (=0) the ABS will automagically be turned off correctly, no matter what the driving mode is set to. Ditto for TRACTION CONTROL/EDL.

I have yet to experiment with culling the other parameters in the file if PRESENT and ACTIVE set to 0, to see if anything catches fire. Soon :)

CC: @Alis_70 @Fanapryde @FrustratedUse

Last edited:
this is all good and well , but the brakelights are no longer distinguishable when lights are on (without having to resort to turning PP Effects on), so it's no fav+ in my book...
Not sure what is causing the problem on your side but definetely don't have this problem

Are you not supposed to have PP effects on, could be wrong but not sure why you have it off

Screenshot_eatc_bmw_220i_grand_valley_speedway_ll_21-8-124-16-1-35.jpg
Screenshot_eatc_bmw_220i_grand_valley_speedway_ll_21-8-124-16-1-39.jpg

Last edited:
Not a fizix expert, but I don't believe the electronic.ini should ever be left blank, no matter how opinionated the modder/driver is about <clarkson-anorak-voice>XYZ CAR DID NOT HAVE ABS!!</clarkson-anorak-voice>.

There are driving modes which activate ABS by default. If the electronics.ini is deliberately left blank, at game time the AC engine could be left in an indeterminate state, because the entries required to process ABS simply aren't there. Symptoms are typically a 0.5s period oscillation of the steering (particularly on older non-DD wheels) and a non-responsive brake pedal. This can be fixed at the setup screen by manually turning ABS off (every.time.you.drive.the.car) Ask me how I know :)

If the electronics is populated, the values will be used, and PRESENT and ACTIVE parameters will be respected. If these are both set to zero (=0) the ABS will automagically be turned off correctly, no matter what the driving mode is set to. Ditto for TRACTION CONTROL/EDL.

I have yet to experiment with culling the other parameters in the file if PRESENT and ACTIVE set to 0, to see if anything catches fire. Soon :)

CC: @Alis_70 @Fanapryde @FrustratedUse
I mentioned chem simply because he took care of the physics. But all these little fixes will be added in a mini update soon

Been having this "problem" for a while now, might not be the only one...
SkidmarkFX, before the skidmarks would stay for days, giving character to tracks. Now they disapear every time I restart my PC?? :confused:
Not a game breaker tho, but would be nice to get it back like it was before... :indiff:
1726928522633.png

Released : Ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione
__custom_showroom_1726163763.jpg

Author:F302
3D Model :The Crew2
Texture Update : F302 (rework)
Skins: F302,Mr.Hunt
3d work: F302
Lod´s: ACTK
Tweaks:ACTK
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.5-preview1
PP filer PURELIFE_EVO
have fun!
Knowing Bugs: driver shift animation
To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

Knowing Bugs: driver shift animation
As we have seen in 2 mods this week, close to perfect animation is available and possible and gives AC a much deserved modern feeling.
I hope some of our beloved mod enhancers will dedicate some time and energy to update such crucial aspect of our favourite car mods.

Not sure what is causing the problem on your side but definetely don't have this problem

Are you not supposed to have PP effects on, could be wrong but not sure why you have it off

View attachment 1391033View attachment 1391034
I preffer PP off , for VR performance reasons (I'm running Oculus pixels per display 1.8 , high resolution, and then PP introduces application framedrops)

There are examples of cars that have visible brakelights without having to use PP (Glare), so it is doable!

For example the Dodge Viper (SR I) RT/10 - 1992 by Alberto Daniel Russo; Real Specs (rs_viper_rt10_92) , for which I created/updated some chameleon skins today :
1726932579562.png
1726932623232.png
1726932651319.png

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back