Microsoft officially confirms no X360 wheel compatibility with XboxOne

• Thread starter amar212
  • 107 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
There will be no compatibility of any X360 wheel with the XboxOne console.

We presumed that, but so far there has been no official confirmation. It has just been officially confirmed by XboxOne Community Representative Larry Herb (also known as Major Nelson) and Branden Powell, XboxOne Director of Strategic Alliances.

You can find the confirmation in this video - it starts at 3:38:

Not only that all our Fanatec wheels will not work, Microsoft and Xbox people are so damn arrogant and blatant liars - they claim how new Xinput (as I know Xinput 1.4) standard will be able to do "amazing things", which are things that their own HID standard can do for 15 years, on all existing HID wheels, including all Fanatec models in HID (PC, PS3) mode with modifications of TouchSense FFB tactile API/SDK which is industry standard since 2001.

On top of that, they claim how modular and adjustable aspect of the new MadCatz wheel is something amazing and new, somehow forgetting it is their own previous official partner - Fanatec - who brought such modularity and adjustability into the mainstream and invested into development and popularization of advanced wheels through last 10 years. Together with all of us.

I have high hopes Sony will be much wiser in their future planning (announcement of PS4 compatibility for T500RS gives some hope for us).

This finally settles the uncertainty, Xbox 360 Fanatec official and all unofficial wheels will not be compatible with either XboxOne and any racing game on that platform. Thank you Microsoft.

I still don't get what people are so angry about. There are certain risks involved with buying accessories for anything, the biggest being there is no guarantee of compatibility with future versions.

This was obvious from the start, Microsoft are trying to shink the ship so why would they support third party 360 peripherals? They don't want people buying the system.

How hard would it be for MS to make Xbone compatible with older gen ( X360 ) steering wheel ? I wonder what Fanatec have to say about this ... Will there be Fanatec wheel for Xbone ?

This was pretty much known... the question (besides the Sony compatibility, which I still imagine will be okay) is will the TX work on PC, or is it ONLY for the XBONE?

How hard would it be for MS to make Xbone compatible with older gen ( X360 ) steering wheel ? I wonder what Fanatec have to say about this ... Will there be Fanatec wheel for Xbone ?

It wouldn't be HARD, it's just that they want to sell you a NEW wheel... or at least sell the license to have someone else sell you a new wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I dont have to worry about Forza 5. I'll run Forza 4 as there will be tons of people playing it. LOL at MS using MadCatz garbage.

Hell, does Forza 5 even support three screens anymore? What a joke

Well, you play with a higher level of gear Maya!

I don't thing that MCZ wheel doesn't look too bad for consumer grade stuff. How it works, well, that might be a different story of course!

This is one of the main reasons i preordered the PS4 over the XB1.

Now to wait and see if my PWTS will work on the PS4... :scared:

No new news here as far as X360 compatibility that was already known. Sounds like there are some big advancements in the new system and we might see some great things. The only depressing thing to me is no clutch pedal. I'm waiting for confirmation on compatibility with the F1, 458, and TH8RS as Thrustmaster has hinted at with their latest video. At least we know wheels and shifters are on the way if not.

We all saw this comming (including Fanatec).

The CSR Elite has been out of production for more than half a year.

I'm glad i sold my CSR Elite a couple of month ago, but there is absolutely no way i'm giving up on my CSPv2 which are bolted down on under my desk :)

I also have more faith in the PS4 and hope the CSW will be compatible.

Still i would love to play Forza 5, so will wait patiently untill fanatec comes with an solution.

I have high hopes Sony will be much wiser in their future planning (announcement of PS4 compatibility for T500RS gives some hope for us).

so this means Sony already confirmed T500 Rs compatibility with ps4? I think I missed this part so that is at least one good move from Sony to make Ps3 wheels upwards compatible.. :)

Sounds like there are some big advancements in the new system and we might see some great things.

What great things? Being able to tell when someone else is behind the wheel? Wow. All I hear is marketing speak and lies.

What great things? Being able to tell when someone else is behind the wheel? Wow. All I hear is marketing speak and lies.

I agree, I'm pretty upset about this. There was no reason to do this other than to gouge people for new accessories revenue stream to pay for the development of the Xbone. Software prices will not drop at all, despite the Xbone supporting digital which requires no box, no trucks to transport, no fuel, no ink, etc.

"The very small size add to the modularity" Huh? Shut up with this garbage. The level of the Xbox One wheels is amazing? They are not even on par with the PWTS for cripe sakes. this is just a HUGE step backward for sim fans on consoles. Yes, PC is king, but I still enjoy playing Forza. Sadly this is over now.

These wheels, while ok for novices, is just a step backwards. For all the guff Fanatec took, I'd take Fanatec at its worst, easily over MadCatz and this cookie cutter approach with these toy wheels.

Hot garbage.

Last edited:

Well I guess we'll see one somebody gets their hands on these products. If it does have more advancements then good on them and I don't mind switching my old Xbox gear(which I've already sold). They've never had equipment be compatible from system to system so I never expected them to. Obviously some of you didn't I guess.

I own an XBox 360 and play Forza and F1 on it. In fact I just purchased F1 2013 for the 360. I have an CSR-E and CSPv2 and am waiting on the CSS-Q. I have preordered GT6 and await it's arrival.

I will not be purchasing an XONE since my Fanatec gear isn't compatable with it. I will probably purchase a PS4 IF my Fanatec gear is compatible with it but that decision will be made based on game availability.

If neither console is compatible I would probably move to PC based racing a decision I have been considering anyway.

I think it is really bad business of MS to not make the XONE compatible with previous hardware and believe it will cost them considerable business. I can't imagine Forza will be happy about it.

For me it all depends on the quality. I'm buying a new wheel setup either way. I've got the TX reserved and hope at least the wheel it's high end and it will have high end pedals, shifter, wheels available. If the TX wheel gets bad reviews(I believe insimracing is supposed to review it soon) I will cancel both my preorder of Forza and the TX and get a T500 and GT6. If the wheel isn't good then I don't care how good the game is because no game is good on a controller. I'm getting the Xbox one either way for COD because that's where all my friends will be and PS always is behind on shooters IMO.

This news alone...

Dear MS, you just lost me as a customer. And I'm a huge Forza fan too.

:dunce::dunce::dunce:

The icing on the cake will be if Sony comes out and announces the same thing

This news alone...

Dear MS, you just lost me as a customer. And I'm a huge Forza fan too.

:dunce::dunce::dunce:

The icing on the cake will be if Sony comes out and announces the same thing

My sentiments exactly cuco. :ouch: There is no possible way I can justify almost $1000 to play Forza 5. And like other's here have said I won't play it on a controller

My sentiments exactly cuco. :ouch: There is no possible way I can justify almost $1000 to play Forza 5. And like other's here have said I won't play it on a controller

I would own 4 wheels if I bought a new one (5 if my MS wheel didn't die awhile ago). And that just isn't happening. Besides, I love my Fanatec!!

Not really a problem for myself, i searched and searched for a Fanatec wheel but they were nigh on impossible to buy in Australia so i had to settle for a G27, with the XBONE i i'll be getting the TX wheel.

The clutch does not bother me too much as i hardly use it with the G27 anyway, plus with TM's "ecosystem" i think T500RS pedals and shifter are still going to work with the TX wheel, i just think they have to sell the new wheel with some form of pedals for the everyday buyer and these are just the base unit pedals.

Well, I just saved $660 on a new console and a copy of Forza 5.

Still holding out hope that Fanatec will offer a replacement PCB as a DIY mod.

They sure made some claims in that video. Sorry, looks like what we have is just ancient technology since the the X1 is "innovative". That sure explains why we need buy a whole new wheel for the X1.

Looking at a better pic of the TM it looks cheap. Unfortunately I never had my hands on a T500 but I can tell you that the Ferrari Experience is a cheap wheel. Also tried the one piece wheel and pedal and that also feels cheap. The plastics and build quality is not up there at all. This X1 wheel sure looks like it. Especially the pedals seem straight from the Experience wheel. Those are cheap and very light in weight. Maybe a vibration feedback in the pedals could be part of X1 wheel since the Experience does have it for PC only use? Also what is up with TM's manufacturer specific brand themed wheels?

The MC looks sharp. The pedals look good too but what is going on with it? Looks like lots of plastic and extra unneeded material. It should be fun trying to mount those pedals to your cockpit. It is just two pedals taking up so much space. What innovative technology is hiding in them? I am sure they have a lot of examples of pedals to take note from. So that is why they went with that design? MC's pricing is a total joke too. Hope it is not the same for this wheel.

So where's the clutch and shifter and a sequential shifter? Old tech now? Or maybe they just want to save a little money? How will this be added in the future? Regardless,we will have to buy it because we have no other wheels and choices.

Did I miss something? That interview did not discuss anything at all about the cost? I don't know, I find that important.

The pedals shown in that video look very much like the F430 PS3 pedals.

5.jpg

10298988645_ce7b36df43_z.jpg

The pedals shown in that video look very much like the F430 PS3 pedals.

5.jpg

10298988645_ce7b36df43_z.jpg

Wow after examining those photos closely they are the exact same pedals. At least the exterior are. Hmmmm really that wheel looks great and is just so out of place with those terrible pedals. I really wonder if they were just kind of thrown with the package since they have to offer pedals and then they will offer a high end set as part of their "Ecosystem" as mentioned in the video last Friday.

That's my thinking Greekbull, it at least brings the price down for the everyday buyer.

Hopefully this Fridays teaser will be the pedals.

Back