Microsoft officially confirms no X360 wheel compatibility with XboxOne

• Thread starter amar212
  • 107 comments
I don't care if you disagree. fact is you are wrong

I have Forza 2. there was no FFB with the official MS wheel which I owned then sold. this is 1st hand experience and not some comment based on a youtube video. The MS wheel was the only one available at the time and Fanatec didn't make xbox wheels then

I bought Forza 2 LE on release, and the Xbox FFB Wheel. I never had a problem with ffb. Infact When I first played with it, I was amazed at how it performed since the last wheel before it I had was for the original xbox, and it sucked.

I don't care if you disagree. fact is you are wrong

I have Forza 2. there was no FFB with the official MS wheel which I owned then sold. this is 1st hand experience and not some comment based on a youtube video. The MS wheel was the only one available at the time and Fanatec didn't make xbox wheels then

See my edited post buddy. And the post above. Seems you were the only one with issues.

also, if you have a past gripe with me over something let me know via PM.

But the points I memtioned cost tons of money to develop. You dont do that for a market segment who doesn't care about it. So actually, from a common sense standpoint, you can't be right. Developers don't spend needless money on options their core audience don't care about. Unless the economies of developing don't apply to turn10. So yeah.

Last edited:
I just can't imagine that M$ has contacted Thrustmasters & MadCatz without even contacting there former partner Fanatec. It could also be that Thrustmaster & MadCatz contacted M$, but than again why didn't Fanatec do this in an early stage?

It could also be that M$ just charges too much for a license at Xbox One launch, so that Fanatec will let this one pass for now, while Thrustmaster & MadCatz see intresting business opportunities.

Anyway i don't think Thomas is telling us the whole story, but he has a right to. It's his business he's running.

So yes AGP5000 is right: There are 2 sides to this story

I really couldn't care less whether they contacted Fanatec or not or whether Fanatec decided to not license. That's not the issue. The issue is that the xbox 360 wheels are not compatible. We are not talking about $50 controllers not being compatible, we are talking about $350-$1000 controllers not being compatible. Additionally, many people have their wheels attached to a cockpit or mounted on something. Many play other sims on PC or Playstation and can't afford a wheel and cockpit for each system. Things are even worse if the new wheels aren't PC/Playstation compatible.

If there truly are advantages to their new system they should be able to state what they are. Instead they went and lied about traditional FFB being canned and pedals and such not being adjustable and making a big deal about being able to hand the controller over to someone else and having the system automatically detect it (which Kinect can probably do on its own).

In the end, microsoft's decisions just end up saving me money because I won't be buying an xbox1 or their new wheels.

Multiplatform support would've been nice but I never expected it especially early. I just want a full featured high end wheel that will work on the X Box One. And that wish had been answered.

everything but no PS3/PS4/XB360 or even PC support.. All this for a XB1 only wheel is ridiculous...

Boy, you sure jumped in with that quick... In fact, no offense but you seem to bring this up any time someone mentions the TX.

This isn't actually confirmed, despite Thrustmaster's Facebook rep posting that it is Xbox One only.

I'm finding some of the comments on this subject very difficult to read through lately.

To all Fanatec racers;

Please go to the Xbox forums and let Microsoft know how you feel. If guys with headsets can hange their minds, maybe we can too. Gtplanet is an independant site and complaining here will have no effect. Let the people who made this dessision know. Right know only 15 people have had their say. If I was MS, I would believe that only 15 people have a problem with this, so it does not matter.

Please post here: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_one_games/e_-_k/forza_motorsport_5/f/4092/t/1600730.aspx

I might of bought the idea of changing their minds before they started pushing the new wheels. Now that they have licensing of official wheels I don't see that happening. Perhaps MS will allow an adapter at some point, but I wouldn't count on it or expect to see it in the first year.

I might of bought the idea of changing their minds before they started pushing the new wheels. Now that they have licensing of official wheels I don't see that happening. Perhaps MS will allow an adapter at some point, but I wouldn't count on it or expect to see it in the first year.

They changed their mind after announcing no headsets would work. Of course if you don't care... don't let them know.

Is triple monitors Forza 5 dead? Not a peep, which isn't good.

I believe it is. They kind of killed it with Forza Horizon which was single screen only too.

The whole console thing is looking pretty awefull. No steering wheel support, no triplle screen support .Race games (drive club) and even consoles (xbox one) in my country are delayed to 2014.

Thank god we still have the PC.

At the moment i couldn't care less about the consoles. I'm really loving the PC version of F1 2013.

It's superiour to any console version by far and it has:

-Triple screen support
-CSW F1 rim support
-Simvibe support
-Community modding support

I wouldn't assume that triple monitor is gone. There have been a lot of assumptions that are being disproven and this game is now looking and should be driving amazing.

Back