Complete American Car List

• Thread starter Jedi2016
  • 299 comments
Courtesy of "r8man" from the Playstation.com forums, who was lucky enough to visit the official site while they were working on it, and found all of the current "dead" features unlocked, as well as a download for a PDF of all the cars. His story was corroborated by several others who also saw the "unlocked" site before they finished fiddling with it (and everything went back to the way it was).

It sure as hell looks real, at any rate. It has all the cars we've already known were going to be there, as well as nearly all of the new cars from the PAL version (with the exception of the Auto Union, which does seem to be a PAL exclusive).

I haven't gone through the entire list car-for-car yet, so if anyone spots any NA-exclusives, be sure to make some noise. :)

Attachments

• gt4carlist.pdf
    33.1 KB · Views: 3,075
The American NTSC version looks to have the same NEW cars as the Euro PAL version - anyone spotted any others?

i dont see the DNX on the sortable list. i counted 14 alphas on the official american version, but 10 on the sortable japanese list, but then realized that maybe some of the pal additions were the missing alphas, or im overlooking something else....but i cant keep going through i have to eat, i think someone should pull up the list of extra pal cars, the sortable list and just go through counting cars per maker, if there isnt a match then check further for which car is new and/or missing 👍

Edit: i did however, have time to check if the car i drive is on there, and they did change the 180sx to 240sx, even though it probably is the 180sx....anyways thats besides the point. the simple fact that the 240sx and s14 240sx are listed as 240sx means that the list is most assuredly American, because i believe only in america did we get screwed over with the crappy 2.4 liter truck engine which gave it the title 240.

yeah I saw that list too. I wish I had captured it before they reset the site, I'm glad someone did though.

I guess that is why my post about the main site being 'all access' never got approved (I'm not bitter :), by the time admins saw it to see if it was legit, it was reset

go figure

The Chapparals are there too, as well as the HPA R32, R390 GT1 road car, the Peugot 905 Race Car, the XJR-9.

I wonder if this isn't just a master list, and not the US version cars, which might explain why they pulled the list off the US site quickly after it was posted....... :grumpy:

I just did a quick once over of the list and didn't see anything too different from the Japan list other than the addition of Scion - ugh .. :ill:

👍 👍 Yes all the cars added to PAL make it to NTSC 👍 👍 The Scion are renamed since they are Scion's not Toyota's here in the US though the Tc did not make it. :indiff:

It looks like an American list because:

It lists the Mazda 6 instead of Atenza

It lists the Mazda Miata instead of Eunos or Roadster

It Lexus as a manufacturer

It has Scions xA and xB

It lists the Toyota Vitz instead of Yaris

It has the Nissan 240 instead of 180 as mentioned above.

It lists Infinity as a manufacturer with 3 models, including 2 G35's

Looks like a US oriented list, at least to me.👍

P.S. - The Autounion is listed under Audi.

I also noticed it has the Proto Motors Spirra and Hyundai Clix from Korea, so hopefully that means that PAL, NTSC, and Korean versions will all have the exact same cars. Maybe this time nobody will be missing out on anything. Except Japan!:sly:

Beautiful Find!! At least we got the PAL stuff in...car wise at least, but i would guess it is similar graphic wise and upgrade wise with the PAL version. YES!!! 5 days!

absolutely fantastic, but i do have one question, the "type" catagory isn't explained, it isn't drivetrain, and thats the only "type" category listed on ps.com so what is it?

Yeah it looks like the Scrapped the R35 Skyline to make it the G35 coupe... Personally I think of these changes to be a good thing, at least for car dealers in the US, since we don't sell a skyline we sell a G35, and anyone who has played TXR3 knows that the Bb is toyota and Xb is the american version being Scion Branded... but most of who played the earlier games already knew lexus was toyota, and Acura is honda, and Infiniti Is nissan.

I'm sure there are a couple of others that have been Round-Eyed, but I peronally don't care, Even if the cars had no Info as to what they are and who they are made by, the game would still be in my PS2 on release day.

All those Skylines, but only room for two Mustangs?

All those JGTC cars, but not even one Trans-Am race car?

All those NSX race variants, but only one racing Corvette, and that's a GT3 holdover?

We could go on and on, couldn't we? The cars that are left off this list is as amazing as the sheer, overwhelming number that is on it.

Yeah, yeah, all us fanboys should be oh, so grateful that the PD guys have been so gracious as to give us all these cars. Yeah, yeah: Japanese cars are great. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Fact is. This is a self-indulgent list. The developers put in the cars they grew up with, see every day, own, drive, and know very well. They packed the list with the cars they love. They're self-indulgent to the point of it being bad for their business. More U.S. cars would help sales in this market, but even that is not motivation enough for them to throw a few more in.

Oh, well, I guess we North Americans should be grateful for whatever crumbs they throw us, and keep our fanboy mouths shut, shouldn't we?

Zardoz
All those NSX race variants, but only one racing Corvette, and that's a GT3 holdover?
Yeah but that 2000 C5R can take any of those NSX-Rs any day. I own with that car. Atleast in GT3 that is .. :scared:

incubusnb
absolutely fantastic, but i do have one question, the "type" catagory isn't explained, it isn't drivetrain, and thats the only "type" category listed on ps.com so what is it?
Seems that a blank just means it's nothing special categorically. T is for Tuner, C is for Concept, R is for Rally or Racing, D is for a Race car that doesn't have a year:confused:.

after looking at it again, Yes I'm obsessed too, I noticed that the only cars that were renumerated were cars that spec out the same in the US, Which leads me to believe that the G35 is either tuned down, or over spec for our version.

since the Skyline is much less safety constrained than the US G35, I'm sure its been unchanged from the skyline, which could be done simply be PD shortcutting the G35 sedan specs to the Skyline, and just changing the emblems, which is just a skin change.

Simply put, All of the ORIGINAL cars from the japanese games will probably unlockable by hackers like the Mercedes DTM was in GT2 and the Diablo in GT3... So be on the lookout... WE WILL FIND THEM!!!!

Vapor
Seems that a blank just means it's nothing special categorically. T is for Tuner, C is for Concept, R is for Rally or Racing, D is for a Race car that doesn't have a year:confused:.

D is more like a Polyphony's Dream car since none of them exists in real life actually.

Why did people think the cars were exclusive in the first place, if its from the write up on the pal info the same guy said we can "pimp" our rides and add front spoilers. I guess europeans got so gittiy they didnt realize who was saying this.

I knew from jump(the start of things) they would be in the us version.

FadingFists
the simple fact that the 240sx and s14 240sx are listed as 240sx means that the list is most assuredly American, because i believe only in america did we get screwed over with the crappy 2.4 liter truck engine which gave it the title 240.

Yes, the S14 is only called a 240SX in North America. I also noticed that the S14 is listed under 240SX and Silvia, although the '96 Silvia K's Aero is not in there. I guess we'll see whether the 240SX actually is a 2.4L 240SX, or a rebadged Silvia K's as it was in GT3. :crazy:

Just FYI to everyone, I tried to attach that car list in a hotmail email to a friend, but hotmail refused to let me stating that the file contained a virus. Dunno if its just hotmail being stupid or what, maybe someone else can scan the file and give a second opinion on this. :scared:

Back