Complete American Car List

• Thread starter Jedi2016
  • 299 comments
Don't thank me. :) r8man on the Playstation.com forums was the one that found it first and posted it over there.. I just brought it over here as soon as I downloaded it, is all. :)

Jubei
Not to sound like too much of a fanboy but this is probably the best news I think we've gotten since the concrete release date. Putting this thread right up there with the "Pal hands on" and "proud owner of Japanese GT4" threads. 👍 to whoever found this and made it known.
Thanks and can't wait for the Audi R8 at Le Mans.

r8man
yea but the new is a good replacement though

Sigh, but I liked driving the origional Mini (yes, I'm a masochist!). The new one's fine but since I seem to remember the JPN version had it I was surprised to see it missing from this list.

Sweet! 5 days away. I hope this list is legit, but I wonder why they wouldn't have a concrete finished list posted so close to the release date.

I am just curious exactly how many cars are on that list? I don't know the exact number, but I counted somewhere around 720 (722 to be exact). Do any of you know the exact number? Great job on the list. (Or actually, downloading it.) :dopey:

The exact number of cars doesn't really matter. The fact that there is over 700 is freaking amazing! Most racing games don't even have 70 cars.

pr0gress
absolutely no excuse for not including the c6

According to every road test and feature article I've read on the C6, its so astoundingly good its an embarrassment to European GTs costing three times as much.

And, of course, the Japanese have nothing that's even in its class.

There's your answer.

un_peacekeeper
ya, it's there...under Audi, which is basically auto union right?

Yups! Although technically speaking, Audi was part of the German Auto Union. The 4 rings represent Audi, DKW, Horch, and Wanderer. Sadly, Audi is the only member left.

seriously though, i don't understand it. a game with over 700 cars, attempting to give a complete look at cars through history, previous models of the corvette, but no c6? i don't get it. i really hope it isn't because of the fact of how good it is. i'm not even asking for the z06 version.

the lack of this car will forever mark this game as incomplete. i don't care how many cars are in it.

seriously though, get your panties outta your vaginal cavity. The game comes out next week. This isnt an open ***** thread, we have 849048394035781545845409547518504 other threads with people complaining as to why thier precious Chevy Citation wasn't included. We get it.

grumble.gif

pr0gress
seriously though, i don't understand it. a game with over 700 cars, attempting to give a complete look at cars through history, previous models of the corvette, but no c6? i don't get it. i really hope it isn't because of the fact of how good it is. i'm not even asking for the z06 version.

the lack of this car will forever mark this game as incomplete. i don't care how many cars are in it.

LOL ^^^ OMG funnies post ever

why dont we *****, *****, ***** some more
Yeah, im sure a few years down the road when we get GT5 i'll hear people talking about how incomplete gt4 was because the vette c6 was not there. Phhhhhh......

Maybe if I had a view from the toilet I could find where your heads at and figure out what your thinking.
lol, ok sorry for all that but anyway back on target

In the PAL post it list the 2005 mitsu Eclipse, but on this post it has the new 2006. I'm not sure if there was a typo with the 2005, but thats one difference i see.

To the person who asked where on the US site the list could be downloaded...
Yesterday morning Eastern Time they had the customization, dirt and snow, convertibles, and a new section under 'New Element' called Partners up. In the 'Car Element' section under 'Car List', on the right side of the screen it said over 700 cars...then there was a link to download the full list as a pdf file. All those sections were removed around 10:30 Eastern Time. I don't know why, but it was there, now it's been removed.
When (if) they put the convertibles section back up the video was of a MB SL500 replay, check it when it's back up if you don't believe me now.

I'm dying to get that '37 Auto Union V16. Can you buy it, or do you think it will be a prize car in the US version?

Zardoz
All those Skylines, but only room for two Mustangs?

All those JGTC cars, but not even one Trans-Am race car?

All those NSX race variants, but only one racing Corvette, and that's a GT3 holdover?

We could go on and on, couldn't we? The cars that are left off this list is as amazing as the sheer, overwhelming number that is on it.

Yeah, yeah, all us fanboys should be oh, so grateful that the PD guys have been so gracious as to give us all these cars. Yeah, yeah: Japanese cars are great. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Fact is. This is a self-indulgent list. The developers put in the cars they grew up with, see every day, own, drive, and know very well. They packed the list with the cars they love. They're self-indulgent to the point of it being bad for their business. More U.S. cars would help sales in this market, but even that is not motivation enough for them to throw a few more in.

Oh, well, I guess we North Americans should be grateful for whatever crumbs they throw us, and keep our fanboy mouths shut, shouldn't we?

If you were to make a game, would you not do the same since you're so partial to American cars? I know I wouldn't because I would not waste my money on any American car. There just aren't any good ones - back in the day they were special, but now they're just fluffy sofas to transport the fattest people as comfortably as possible, IMO, and the only people that like "American cars" (not the euro-ized Fords and what-not), are Americans. There is a much broader audience, and the Japanese car industry has develloped and grown so much. If we had an all American car list, for example, we would have Dodge Shadows, Cavaliers, Buick Le Sabres, Pontiac Bonnevilles, Oldsmobile Aleros etc. But instead, the Japanese had much more sporty cars : Nissan 180SX, Mitsubishi FTO, Honda Accord Euro-R and Type R Civic, Toyota Celica, Subaru Impreza, Nissan 300ZX etc.
I see your point about adding more Trans Ams, and what-not, but why would they include these if they don't care for them? Of course there's some bias...the makers are JAPANESE! lol

i see where your coming form mac, but Zardoz has some of a point to, there are more sporty american cars than what the game offers, many trans-ams mustangs, and new dodges.
They have the dodge ram 1500 laramie but not a dodge ram srt-10. Im guessing that the creators wanted a varity of cars. Not just sports cars and such

congradulations on compairing apples to oranges, you are completely forgetting about the sportier american cars, the Camaros, Firebirds, mustangs, New GTO, the future new pontiac sulstice, and the other Gm dirivatives even the crossfire, the magnum, the new charger, the 300c, the viper, corvette, (gt40 getting pricy though) heck half of our sports compacts are fast now, neons cobalt, they are just as good as the cars you have listed. The import companies mostly don't mae bigger cars because there home countries don't want them, correct, but you must remember that many americans liek sporty cars, we are not all fat lazy people who wnat a big luxo car, that is a bad bad misconseption that you have

this is not even mentioning all the ford SVT creations, and the ss chevy trucks, (gkad the concept made the game vs the real one though) Too bad we get the 03 SSR instead of the newer more powerful ssr

ever since the late 90's or so americans have been on a horsepower power trip.
example in 1999 the fastest dodge neon out was the r/t which had a dismal 150hp, now dodge has made the srt- line and many other car companys are doing the same, we have bigger engines and have the technology to get better fuel economy off of a v-6 or -8 so the era of our tank cars of 60's and 70's is over. Yes we still have our big buicks and such but if you notice those are getting faster and more powerful too, look at caddilac 10 years ago they had a car that you would only expect your grandparents to drive, now they have an extreamly good car lineup and are one of my favorite car companys today.

The problem with high-power American cars is the size of the engine.. Maybe Americans think that you need a huge engine to get a lot of power, or maybe the American engineers just can't quite build 'em right... You can get the same sort of power out of a European or Japanese car with a much smaller engine. Look at the Evo VIII FQ400.. four hundred horsepower out of a 2-liter engine. In an American car, you'd need a 6-liter V-8 to get that kind of power.

Yes but we americans have a thing about bigger things being better its all around us and japan is usually the opposite. America does have the technology to make more power output in tiny engine as there is a 550hp+ 2.4L engine srt-4 and we are making more compact cars more powerful, point is that we just like bigger things and thats not always that bad either 👍

Jedi2016
The problem with high-power American cars is the size of the engine.. Maybe Americans think that you need a huge engine to get a lot of power, or maybe the American engineers just can't quite build 'em right... You can get the same sort of power out of a European or Japanese car with a much smaller engine. Look at the Evo VIII FQ400.. four hundred horsepower out of a 2-liter engine. In an American car, you'd need a 6-liter V-8 to get that kind of power.
i've tryed to explain this in other threads over the last couple years, and i'll try again. firstly, this isnt aimed at you jedi, i find your thoughts to be very good on the subjects of gt4 and cars in general.
ok, american cars have big engines with lower hp than smaller performence engines arouind the world, true. but they are desighned less as performence pieces and more as low rpm, smooth, quiet, engines that can travel from new your to houston every week for three years. and do it with respectable milage figures. most big american v8s get 25 mpg. heck, the ford gt gets 22 and it has 550 hp!
cars use a form of darwinism, they conform to their environment.
and to the person who talked americans being fat and lazy, yu go right on believing that, that will ensure that whatever country your from will never be able to compete with the usa.

bill d
former U.S. Marine, 911 of the planet

Of course from my name Im all about GTO's, I also Love Firbirds, Roadrunners, and Grand Nationals and Assorted others. Im not going to complain about what cars should/shouldnt be in. It would've been fantastic to see a Firebird, or a Roadrunner but thats neither here nor there.

It does bother me there are so many duplicates of cars there are more skylines then cars in the American Section of the game. That does bother me, if they want to make it Nism0 based they should just change the name, because at least to us Americans (who know the game and do their research about it) It gets annoying.

But we still have more cars then any other game, as true as that is, its very much Misrepresented creating far more unbalance then good.

I wanted the C6 in there as well, but I am extremely happy that the new Eclipse made it into the game.I love the front-end of that car, as it is a good direction for Mitsu. to go in. I also wish that we had more variety with the Eagle brand, as the Talon is a kickass car. Those things are BEASTS when tuned, and the AWD version (TSi)

Back