Complete American Car List

• Thread starter Jedi2016
  • 299 comments
allsops
Just FYI to everyone, I tried to attach that car list in a hotmail email to a friend, but hotmail refused to let me stating that the file contained a virus. Dunno if its just hotmail being stupid or what, maybe someone else can scan the file and give a second opinion on this. :scared:

Just scanned it with Mcafee and nothing came up...so its prolly just hotmail acting stupid

allsops
Just FYI to everyone, I tried to attach that car list in a hotmail email to a friend, but hotmail refused to let me stating that the file contained a virus. Dunno if its just hotmail being stupid or what, maybe someone else can scan the file and give a second opinion on this. :scared:

Up-to-date McAfee: No virus found

I question the validity of that list, personally. A little too amateurish with no real copyright or small print all over it.

If it is true, it appears the US will get the most cars out of everyone, since we get all the PAL cars PLUS more rebadges like the Scion xA, xB, Infiniti G20, and older Lexii.

The359
I question the validity of that list, personally. A little too amateurish with no real copyright or small print all over it.

If it is true, it appears the US will get the most cars out of everyone, since we get all the PAL cars PLUS more rebadges like the Scion xA, xB, Infiniti G20, and older Lexii.

Lexii? :confused:
So that's like saying "one Toyota Matrix, a few Toyota Matrices?" :odd:

EDIT: As long as the '05 Ford Mustang GT and '87 Buick GNX are on the list, I'm happy. :sly:

Turbo... :drool:

I would love to see that be the final US release car list, but I have to agree that without any trademarks from Sony or Polyphony it seems less likely. I mean if it was really going to be on Sony's site for downloading, even if they were just testing it, they would have had a TM or copywrite somewhere. Still I'm crossing my fingers. I love the Nuvolari, and 300c.

EDIT: There is a TM after Gran Tusimo 4 on the list. I am just surprised that no one here saw this on the official website. I wonder where it was located on the page?

Yeah. I'm hoping and hoping and hoping that all the PAL updates are in, but I'm scared to believe it and be overly disappointed.

Jubei
I would love to see that be the final US release car list, but I have to agree that without any trademarks from Sony or Polyphony it seems less likely. I mean if it was really going to be on Sony's site for downloading, even if they were just testing it, they would have had a TM or copywrite somewhere. Still I'm crossing my fingers. I love the Nuvolari, and 300c.

EDIT: There is a TM after Gran Tusimo 4 on the list. I am just surprised that no one here saw this on the official website. I wonder where it was located on the page?

I saw it there yesterday also (though the mods never posted my thread about it - still not bitter :) ) The link for the list was on the bottom of the page. When you clicked it, it opened that .pdf

Valkendorm
The Toyota Esso Ultraflo Supra (JGTC) is nowhere to be found in the list. :nervous:
Thanks for pointing that out. That's wierd, because the big .pdf list doesnt have it but the NA site does. 👍 (Maybe this list is a fake, i dont know...)

The Toyota Esso Ultraflo Supra (JGTC) is actually listed twice.
Both have the year listed as 2001. One of the two pictures are not available. And only the first one has specs available for it.

CFM
I also noticed it has the Proto Motors Spirra and Hyundai Clix from Korea, so hopefully that means that PAL, NTSC, and Korean versions will all have the exact same cars. Maybe this time nobody will be missing out on anything. Except Japan!:sly:

They won't have the exact same cars.
It's been confirmed thath Korean version will have 4 more Korean cars added other than Spirra. (So they get most)
PAL update cars (12?) looks like final update to USA and Europe, because SCEK has confirmed number of cars being added. (They also get PAL cars)

sumbodycool
Thanks for pointing that out. That's wierd, because the big .pdf list doesnt have it but the NA site does. 👍 (Maybe this list is a fake, i dont know...)

The Toyota Esso Ultraflo Supra (JGTC) is actually listed twice.
Both have the year listed as 2001. One of the two pictures are not available. And only the first one has specs available for it.

Hm.. odd.

It's possible that the missing copyright info as well as a car or two may be missing simply because the list isn't finished. It was basically "smuggled" out of the site during a maintenance cycle.. if it was complete and ready to go, they would probably have posted it openly before now.

We'll find out in a few days, either way. :)

I was also able to download the file off the US website before it was removed and it's the one that was posted at the top of this thread.

NissanKoreaCEO
They won't have the exact same cars.
It's been confirmed thath Korean version will have 4 more Korean cars added other than Spirra. (So they get most)
PAL update cars (12?) looks like final update to USA and Europe, because SCEK has confirmed number of cars being added. (They also get PAL cars)
Can you tell us what other 4 cars will be exclusive to Korean version GT4?

Zardoz
All those Skylines, but only room for two Mustangs?

All those JGTC cars, but not even one Trans-Am race car?

All those NSX race variants, but only one racing Corvette, and that's a GT3 holdover?

We could go on and on, couldn't we? The cars that are left off this list is as amazing as the sheer, overwhelming number that is on it.

Yeah, yeah, all us fanboys should be oh, so grateful that the PD guys have been so gracious as to give us all these cars. Yeah, yeah: Japanese cars are great. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Fact is. This is a self-indulgent list. The developers put in the cars they grew up with, see every day, own, drive, and know very well. They packed the list with the cars they love. They're self-indulgent to the point of it being bad for their business. More U.S. cars would help sales in this market, but even that is not motivation enough for them to throw a few more in.

Oh, well, I guess we North Americans should be grateful for whatever crumbs they throw us, and keep our fanboy mouths shut, shouldn't we?

Well, duh... you said it yourself. They grew up with those cars. What did you want them to do?

Lindbl.resident
Well, duh... you said it yourself. They grew up with those cars. What did you want them to do?

yea it's made in Japan so u have to expect TONS of Japanese cars.

Zardoz
All those Skylines, but only room for two Mustangs?

All those JGTC cars, but not even one Trans-Am race car?

All those NSX race variants, but only one racing Corvette, and that's a GT3 holdover?

We could go on and on, couldn't we? The cars that are left off this list is as amazing as the sheer, overwhelming number that is on it.

Yeah, yeah, all us fanboys should be oh, so grateful that the PD guys have been so gracious as to give us all these cars. Yeah, yeah: Japanese cars are great. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Fact is. This is a self-indulgent list. The developers put in the cars they grew up with, see every day, own, drive, and know very well. They packed the list with the cars they love. They're self-indulgent to the point of it being bad for their business. More U.S. cars would help sales in this market, but even that is not motivation enough for them to throw a few more in.

Oh, well, I guess we North Americans should be grateful for whatever crumbs they throw us, and keep our fanboy mouths shut, shouldn't we?

I agree fully. I think that American companies should have GIVEN PD some of there cars to put in the game. GM should've sent a C6, Cobalt SS and firehawk. Ford should've sent every mustang since 1967. I mean talk about an incredible marketing tool. Half of those low end cars in GT3 that are japanese started picking up in sales after GT came out.

I do wish it was a bit more even. I mean it's obviouse the US simply doesn't have as many sport coupes as Japan, but we own them for the muscle cars....so where are they?

Swift
I agree fully. I think that American companies should have GIVEN PD some of there cars to put in the game. GM should've sent a C6, Cobalt SS and firehawk. Ford should've sent every mustang since 1967. I mean talk about an incredible marketing tool. Half of those low end cars in GT3 that are japanese started picking up in sales after GT came out.

I do wish it was a bit more even. I mean it's obviouse the US simply doesn't have as many sport coupes as Japan, but we own them for the muscle cars....so where are they?

Yea and a cheap marketing tool at that. But wat can ya do?

dbartucci
I was also able to download the file off the US website before it was removed and it's the one that was posted at the top of this thread.

Not to sound like too much of a fanboy but this is probably the best news I think we've gotten since the concrete release date. Putting this thread right up there with the "Pal hands on" and "proud owner of Japanese GT4" threads. 👍 to whoever found this and made it known.

Back