United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
My 69 Camaro.
69 Camaro.jpg

c-jpg.232880

gingerman.jpg

My interior.jpg

2002 Trans Am interior and 6 speed T-56 Transmission. 5" Autometer gauges with custom gauge cluster pod.

View attachment 81361

View attachment 81357

View attachment 81358

View attachment 81359

View attachment 81360

rss9i8.jpg

2nuppg4.jpg

Next to my 2004 WRX. WRX build pics in my signature.

Last edited:
OMFG you Bastard !! LOL, that is going to be such a good time ! I dream about being able to do that...I would probably roll my car the first corner though, or end up in the weeds right away

I'm going to try and get the day off of work so I can come. I don't think I'll be able to take the Blazer out on the track, but I hope to maybe have a new car by then. Either way it still would be cool to check everything out. I'll talk to my boss tomarrow.

Damn, man thats awesome and to top it off you've got a sweet ride for that track! Stay Safe!

Radicool02 and Gordonfan24
Thanks for the support guys. I will have pictures for sure. I am currently thinking of different mock up ideas for an in car camcorder holder.

TwinturboJay,
Ive raced with my other car the 1996 Firebird but like I said its been a dream to be able to run my 69 Camaro.
Its too bad you live so far away because they are allowing any cars onto the track. You would be amazed how well you would do in real life with the experience you have obtained from playing the GT series.

BlazinXtreme,
Just let me know if you can go. The more people that attend, the cheaper it gets. And keep in mind this is an ENTIRE day at the track all to ourselves. This does not happen very often in a lifetime. :)

ND4SPD,
Thanks for the compliments on the ride. I have a feeling it wont survive a day of abuse at the track since it will be its first time. :lol: Like I always say, "If it breaks, replace it with a stronger part so something else weak will break" :)

If any of you know some more friends that might want to attend this let me know.
I really wish I had some extra money for at least a better front sway bar but im sure it will still be a really fun time. 👍

What a lucky guy, got it all to yourself, I am envyous.

I wish I had my Skyline Rebuilt and tuned and could join you all the way over there.

Jack (Radiccol02): When are you going to rent out Malalla?

times like these i wish i didnt just drive a mild mannered taurus 95 SE
(my friend who is leaving for the army soon drives a 05 base mustang auto...but dont think he'd let me go there with the car while he's gone)

Just a reminder that you guys can bring anything onto this track. 👍 So if you wanted to bring that Taurus you could. Cars are going to be split up into groups depending on track experience and vehicle capabilities. I am going to post a list of all the cars attending when the list appears. I know there is going to be an EVo there and possibly an STI. A C5 Corvette and an older corvette too.
EDIT: If you view the gingerman website and look at the bottom there are pictures and a full 3D 360 Degree layout of the track. There are also a few videos. 👍
Edit 2: My friend that will be there is letting me borrow his shocks for my Camaro. They are Hotchkis or Bilstein. Im not sure yet but they are fully adjustable and I cant wait to try them out.

What kind of suspension mods do you have on your Camaro to handle track abuse? No offense, but I bet a 69 Camaro doesn't exactly corner on rails in stock form.

iceburns288
What kind of suspension mods do you have on your Camaro to handle track abuse? No offense, but I bet a 69 Camaro doesn't exactly corner on rails in stock form.
Give the guy some credit you can tell it's at least lowered from the pics he's posted. Prolly has strut braces and roll bars too...

CAMAROBOY69
I really wish I had some extra money for at least a better front sway bar but im sure it will still be a really fun time.

Get some fresh tires! Can't wait to see your camaro getting a little sideways. ;)

TS1AWD
Sounds very very tempting. When is the date set for and any ideas on the cost yet?
As of right now there is a $75.00 deposit that must be placed by FRIDAY the 29th. YES tomorrow!! In the first post I mentioned the race date is May 24th.

iceburns288
I do not have any suspension modificataions besides the point that my car is about 4-5" lower than any stock Camaro which lowers the center of gravity a lot and eliminated almost all the body roll. I also have 18" wheels and excellent Nitto 555r tires. I also have brand new bushings in the rear leafs. Just these to things combined make my 69 Camaro handle a LOT better than it did before. Keep in mind I am only going for fun. This isnt a race. Its basically an open track all to ourselves and you will be on the track with probably 6 other guys racing your own time. You will be able to pass on the straight aways. However you will be placed in groups according to your driving experience and your cars performance.
Also look at my EDIT 2 in post 11. I mentioned that I will be using my friends HOtchkis or Bilstein shocks. Fully adjustable too.
I honestly dont expect my Camaro to handle more than a few laps of abuse then give it a break. Then go back out an abuse it again. :D
I also have 1 month to buy any extra suspension goodies that I can think of before I go.

Drifting Thunda
Maybe I'll bring my Super Coupe to whip some GM ass with s/c V6 power. =P Seriously I would like to come maybe I can make it up there it sounds very fun!
You should come but I have to know by tomorrow because that is the deadline for the $75.00 deposit. But like I stated in the first post the race date is going to be May 24th

There is going to be an Evo, STI, old vette, new vette, a modern Monte Carlo and many other cars. Once I get the full car list I will post it here.

I wish I could go... Then again, I don't have the $75 by tomorrow, or a car, for that matter.

Just wondering, though, that $75 deposit - is that refundable?

Gordonfan24
I wish I could go... Then again, I don't have the $75 by tomorrow, or a car, for that matter.

Just wondering, though, that $75 deposit - is that refundable?
haha thats a good one. You dont get on tracks for free my friend. (sorry if that sounds mean, its not supposed to) It is going to be around $100 for each person to get onto the track. (currently $120) It was somewhere around $3,500 to rent the track for the day. The $75 is basically a place holder to guarantee you will be there. Non-refundable. The more people we get the cheaper it will be. We dont want more than 30 though or we wont have as much time on the track. The less the better. This is a very very rare event. Anyone who has raced on a track knows getting a track to yourself is almost impossible. Well not impossible but very expensive.
That money pays for the track, track workers, ambulance, and anything else thats there that we need.

I'd go but my Olds would prolly die and fall apart after the first turn. :lol: Also I dont have the money either so I guess my car is saved for now. ;) :lol:

TwinTurboJay
Use some octane booster !!!
I have to run on at least 93 octane or the car wont run. I have run an entire gas tank of 110 before but holy crap what a huge difference and not to mention expensive. I imagine the price of 110 is about $5.00 a gallon now. If I was rich I would run 110 octane every day. :D It smells sooooo goood too. :drool:

:lol: You take that 110 octane up to some of the northern canadian communities, its like premium grade crack to those gas sniffers up there..they are so used to sniffing mixed gas ( for snowmobiles and chainsaws ) they wont know what hit'm !

Thats a good point! I have been sitting in a pathetic 1996 4 banger Saturn all winter long and just last night sitting in my camaro with the choppy cam last night was incredible enough. To drive it will probably mean I should bring a towel for my lap and my girlfriends lap. :lol:

I remember reaquainting myself with my Skyline after 8 weeks overseas and 6 of those weeks driving a 91 Cadillac touring sedan. THe Skylines ride felt stiff but very responsive after being used to sitting in a car with air bag suspension and big soft leather bench seats.

I personally hate everything about my Saturn and the worst part is the uncomfortable ride including the crappy seats. I honestly cant sit in that Saturn for mope than 30 minutes without having back pains.
The Camaro is sooo comfortable with fully electronic lumbar control new Trans am seats and it just feels soo nice. I drove for 9 hours straight last year on the way back from the Power tour and I never ever got uncomfortable at all. My girlfriend just tilted the seat back and slept most of the way.
Now the original Camaro seats are pure crap, junk. I dont know how people can sit in that crap. Those were the first thing I ripped out of my car. Very uncomfortable like the Saturn seats.
My girlfriends 67 Mustang seats are awesome. Very comfortable for stock 67 seats!
EDIT: I still have to adjust my rockers and timing in the engine before I can start beating it up again and truly enjoy it. I also want to make sure the 6 speed tranny works perfect too. :D

Back