My 69 Camaro Pro-Touring build. Updated 9/30/14

I've got to say you are 100% right about Saturn stock seats...and the engine response too...the little 1.9 ( is yours dual or single ohc ? ) anywayz, both of them suck...my brother in law has one as does my father inlaw...My little 2.2 mazda seems like an F1 car in comparison !!

Mine is a DOHC with a manual 5 speed but still sucks. There is only 1 good thing about that car. GREAT GAS MILEAGE! 30+ city 40+ highway Other than that I hate it and am embarrased to drive it. You know its bad when your girlfriend sais "I like it. Its cute" :crazy:

ugh...those dreaded words...

I would almost rather have a car that chicks seem to hate then to have one they call cute. Like my wife, she thinks the suzuki x90 is cute, but she hates muscle cars ! ( yeah, I know...I working on it )

My girlfriend loves my car. I actually had her starting it up for me yesterday while I adjusted rockers and messed with other crap. Shes too afraid to drive it and the hydrolic clutch I installed for the 6 speed is quite stiff so its hard for her to hold in. But her words for that car are "I love that car but im afraid of it" Much better than a cute car. :D
I want to teach her to drive it so I can get her on the track with it but im not sure its gonna happen.

She almost completely beat GT3 but I havent given her the chance to play GT4 yet. :sly: She wants too though. SHe gets frustrated sometimes when she looses and puts it away for while. :lol: She does know how to completely adjust all the suspension parts and all the necessary settings though.
Edit: She beat NFSU when it came out.

My girlfriend played that once but didnt really like it. To get her into games I started with ATV off road fury 2. Then after that it was Need for speed Hot pursuit 2 for PS2. (I still love that game and so does she) then after that I introduced her to GT3. Now we play tons and tons of Halo 2 together online. We used to play Medal of Honor online together with 2 PS2 every weekend but now its Halo 2.

We currently have between 29 and 30 cars in attendance so this is pretty much our cut off point. If I find out what cars are going to be there I will update that info in the first thread. I will know more next tuesday or wednesday. Already sent my $75.00 deposit today. :D

CAMAROBOY69
haha thats a good one. You dont get on tracks for free my friend. (sorry if that sounds mean, its not supposed to) It is going to be around $100 for each person to get onto the track. (currently $120) It was somewhere around $3,500 to rent the track for the day. The $75 is basically a place holder to guarantee you will be there. Non-refundable. The more people we get the cheaper it will be. We dont want more than 30 though or we wont have as much time on the track. The less the better. This is a very very rare event. Anyone who has raced on a track knows getting a track to yourself is almost impossible. Well not impossible but very expensive.
That money pays for the track, track workers, ambulance, and anything else thats there that we need.
No, no, I understand it's not cheap. I was going to ask how much it would cost, but I figured that was a bit too up-front. I was just wondering, because there are some places (not race tracks) that have you make a deposit like that to ensure your presence, and then it is refunded. I didn't know how track days worked.
Thanks for explaining it, though.

And like I said, have fun out there!

I drove the Camaro all weekend long and today to work. The engine seems to run great considering the car hasnt run in about 9 months. I had a chance over the weekend to test it out on some corners.
The brakes are terrible and its going to take some muscle to move around since I dont have power steering. Other than that I think it is going to do quite well. There was almost no body roll which really surprised me a lot. Unless I really gas it hard in the corners it will probably have a significant amount of understeer. If I gas it hard enough on the apex of the corners I might be able to correct the understeer problem. Or I will drift the corner, oversteer, and spin out. :lol: 👍
Gordonfan24,
To answer your question it is going to be around $100 since we have 30 cars now. 👍

Quite a variety of cars. I am actually shocked.
They tried to group people based on their experience and type of vehicle.
The "D" is composed of novice's who have not been to a track event before.
The other three groups, "A", "B", and "C" are grouped based on type of vehicle

I was placed into the "A" class but i might ask to be dropped down to "B" class because I dont think the car is going to do as good as they think it will. There is no way I will keep up with a 2002 Z06 on the track. I have the power but not the suspension, brakes or steering as a new car yet. :sly:

----Car---------------race class
2005 Subaru WRX STI----B
2001 Honda Prelude (Super Charged) B
2001 VW GTI 1.8T----D
2005 Neon SRT-4 ----B
1997 Mustang Cobra ----D
2005 WRX Sedan----D
2005 WRX Wagon----D
Integra Race Car----A
1979 Porsche 911SC--- A
1972 Corvette----D
Scion Tc----D
1990 Civic Turbo----C
1990 Miata----C
2002 Z06 ----A
2004 C5 Coupe ----A
69 Camaro ----A
98 Corvette Coupe ---- A
Turbo Miata----C
Integra Race Car----C
92 Camaro----B
Impala SS (modified) ----A
??????????----B
03 Civic Si----C
BMW M3 or 325----B
Modified 92 Civic----C
03 Mustang Cobra ----B
WRX----D
Miata----C

Thanks a lot! I am really surprised at the variety of cars. I mean there is probably at least 1 car in there that most everyone in this site can appreciate.
I am getting more and more nervous every day. But its a good nervous. I will probably get another battery for my camcorder. There will be cars on the track probably the entire day circulating in and out. I will probably spend a lot of time recording other people and jump out there once in a while. I dont think the Camaro is going to handle a ton of abuse but it will still be a dream come true if I can at least get a few laps around the track. :)

Man I wish I had an RX-7, I'd drive all the way there just to participate, I don't think the rotary would appreciate it though.

Hey man, that's awesome 👍

Your Camaro has come quite a ways (when you first got the clear taillamps put on) since I've first seen it a year ago, I'd really like to give it a look IRL if I ever had the chance :)

Good luck racing it!

DRIFT GOD
good luck bro, get some in-car footage of you blowing the doors off that MUSTANG 👍
Thanks bro. I dont know if I could blow the mustangs away but it will sure be fun trying. I almost thought of bringing my girlfriends 67 Mustang out there to let her drive on the track.

ND4SPD
Man I wish I had an RX-7, I'd drive all the way there just to participate, I don't think the rotary would appreciate it though.
If you ever did participate in a race event like this you could just take it easy on the car. Its similar to driving on the street but in here you can drive as fast as you want and you dont have to worry about a ticket.

Victor Vance
Hey man, that's awesome 👍

Your Camaro has come quite a ways (when you first got the clear taillamps put on) since I've first seen it a year ago, I'd really like to give it a look IRL if I ever had the chance :)

Good luck racing it!
Thank you Victor for the awesome compliments! If your ever around my area PM me and I can take you for a ride or if you want to drive it that would be cool too.
I will be installing LED lights within the next week or 2 into those clear tail lights. They are at least 2 or 3 times brighter than the red bulbs I have in there right now. If I get video and pics you should see those in action. I took a lot of abuse on that thread but I appreciated all the members that supported my tail lights. The ones with the really really bad remarks ended up on my ignore list and I have never read any of their replies since that day.

CAMAROBOY69
I will be installing LED lights within the next week or 2 into those clear tail lights. They are at least 2 or 3 times brighter than the red bulbs I have in there right now. If I get video and pics you should see those in action. I took a lot of abuse on that thread but I appreciated all the members that supported my tail lights. The ones with the really really bad remarks ended up on my ignore list and I have never read any of their replies since that day.

What thread was this? About your tail light conversion?

VIPERGTSR01
What thread was this? About your tail light conversion?
First 69' Camaro with clear tail lights
Like I said many of the members in there are on my ignore list and I have never replied to them since that day. Even if they reply in my threads I just ignore them. I can understand not liking something but wow some members just were brutal. Oh well still wont stop me from doing it. The tail lights will be much brighter with the LEDs and I will post another pic when I add them. People that see them in person absolutely love them. The remote control car I got for my birthday even has them.

Yes some members were unnessesarily harsh, problem is you were a newbie that put clear tail lights on your car at a time were alot of members liked to bash on anyone they believe were doing 'ricey' things. (anyone notice the term 'rice' is not being used nowhere near as much as it used to be)

I quite like them clear, I personally would leave them stock but each to their own. I am interested in how the LED conversion goes.

That thread suprised me quite abit.

I havent viewed that thread since my last post in it. Here is a rear pic from woodward last year that shows the tail lights. I just cant wait to run the exhaust the way I want to. But I wont go into detail about that yet. It will be a surprise and im sure some bashing will be involved. :lol:
1093140310-004220.jpg

1093140284-004218.jpg

I was concerned about posting pictures of my Skyline for the first time because I was waiting for someone to e-bash me over the wing.

I dont think youll get e-bashed after the exhaust (unless its one of those long Japanese exhausts that shoot up to the sky lol) as people know you and your car now.

VIPERGTSR01
I was concerned about posting pictures of my Skyline for the first time because I was waiting for someone to e-bash me over the wing.

I dont think youll get e-bashed after the exhaust (unless its one of those long Japanese exhausts that shoot up to the sky lol) as people know you and your car now.
:lol: noo dont worry I am actually quite positive a lot of members will like it.
Like always, I am going to do something that no other Camaro has yet that I have seen. Yet. Some people are picking up on my idea and might physically beat me to it.
I think I replied that I liked your skyline pics.

Hey Adam, speaking of you camaro...over the weekend I seen a guy driving a 69 with body work done ( looks like some slight fender flaring and the like ) but the paint just looked DEADLY ! The guy called it Pearl BlackBerry...omfg it looked good on that car...I can't really think of a production car that had close to that colour except some of the 87-ish monte carlo SS's...the ones that came on black and then the dark 'purple-ish' colour...anyway, give that a colour a look , just to image how is would set off your car !

TwinTurboJay
Hey Adam, speaking of you camaro...over the weekend I seen a guy driving a 69 with body work done ( looks like some slight fender flaring and the like ) but the paint just looked DEADLY ! The guy called it Pearl BlackBerry...omfg it looked good on that car...I can't really think of a production car that had close to that colour except some of the 87-ish monte carlo SS's...the ones that came on black and then the dark 'purple-ish' colour...anyway, give that a colour a look , just to image how is would set off your car !
You should have got some pics or found out if that car was online anywhere. That does sound like a really nice color but dark cars are very hard to maintain and keep clean. I am still pretty much stuck on silver with pearl silver in the clear coat but black cars do look sooooo good when taken care of. Driftgod has actually been trying to get me to paint my car black for the last 2 years. :lol:

I just got some great news on the phone. A guy I know that sells Wilwood brakes is going to send me some Wilwood race pads for the upcoming event. He said when I get the extra money to just send him a check.
I told him I wanted to wait until after the event when I had more money but he said he didn't mind and he knows he can trust me. :)
I will take a picture of them when they arrive. I believe he said they are type "H" racing pads for my front disks. I could have picked type A but he said they arent as friendly to the rotor.

^Careful. A true track pad needs considerable heat to get to proper operating temp and do NOT stop well when cold compared to a typical street pad. If you're going to drive your Camaro to the track, give yourself plenty of leway on the way there. If you have a choice, your best bet is a combo high performance street / track day pad.. but I have no idea what is available for your '69.

Have a good time out there. Keep the shiny side up ; )

M

Thanks M
That is why he is sending me the "H" version instead of the full racing "A" version. Anything has to be better than the crappy stock $20.00 ones I am currently running. Oh and good thing I dont have a shiny side yet. :lol:

Back