My 69 Camaro Pro-Touring build. Updated 9/30/14

What are those wheels? 18x10's in back and 18x8's in front? Nice tires too, suited for rain I see.

And uh...paint your car, because the girl is stealing all the attention in the photos.

My wheels are Budnik Famosa aluminum racing wheels. 18 x 8 up front and 18 x 9.5 in the rear.
My tires are Nitto 555 xtreme. Very impresssive STREET tires! Can you imagine if I actually put on racing slicks. :dopey:

Wow, your car sounds awesome. :drool:

You don't get much V8 noise like that in the UK...

G.T
You don't get much V8 noise like that in the UK...

ditto :indiff: cept when the new forest rod run is on, they stay at the pub coupla minutes away from me :D up til early hours of the morning doing burnouts :scared: and my friend plays about with some muscle too, i suppose you just gotta look in the right places

Glad you like the way it sounds. :) There was a really nice sounding mustang Cobra out there but he shattered his pass rotor after a few runs so that was it for him.

I added all my videos to the first thread so its easier to see them instead of searching the whole thread.

Your right M. I definetly could have done better in the turns but it was my first time on a full track so I think I did well for the first time. :) I had to fight with the ancient brakes quite a bit and no power steering too.

just got to say Damn..nice work ! Just wish I was there to catch all of the slicing a dicing action ! BTW you did some impressive driving work with the 69...the 110 mph pass by, almost like a rocket getting out of the corner !!

Thanks a lot bro! :) I will post the vid of when I passed the 2004 Mustang too some time this week or weekend. That guy was really cool and loved my car. We had quite a few really good laps. He pushed that Mustang extremely hard.

CAMAROBOY69
Your right M. I definetly could have done better in the turns but it was my first time on a full track so I think I did well for the first time. :) I had to fight with the ancient brakes quite a bit and no power steering too.

Oh, don't get me wrong, you did great! Smooth inputs, no jerkiness or ham-fistedness. Conservative in the braking zones. Good driving. 👍

M

I re hosted the video of me chasing down the Corvettes that didnt work earlier. I will also update it in the the first thread.

edit: moved video to first post

Solid Lifters,
Im glad you enjoyed the video. I posted all 3 of them in the first post of this thread. One of them is the 110 mph drive by after passing a new 2004 Mustang GT.
As for the HP I am not exactly sure how much I have but I know it is a litle over 400hp I am just not sure how much over 400hp I have.
I was voted best sounding car out there. :)
edit: I just updated the old videos so they all work now in the first post.

Dude those videos are sweet and now I'm really jealous. The Camaro is sounding awesome, loving the growl that those muscle machines put out.

One thing I've always wondered about your car, is that paint original?

sting
Dude those videos are sweet and now I'm really jealous. The Camaro is sounding awesome, loving the growl that those muscle machines put out.

One thing I've always wondered about your car, is that paint original?
Im glad you enjoyed the pics and videos. The grey you see is a 2 part Epoxy primer. Primer is what is sprayed onto cars before they are painted. Primer sticks to the metal then the paint sticks to the primer. I still have some sheet metal work to do before I paint the car. And to paint the car I want to completely disassemble the entire car again to paint it right. That way I can paint the inside and outside of ever part like the doors, fenders, hood, trunk, and everything else.
When I finally paint it the color will be 2005 Viper SRT-10 Silver.

I hosted the videos in the first thread with permanent- direct links.
There are 2 more events coming up in 2006. I will make a different post for those events but anyone can attend!!
My car will hopefully be lowder for the next event. :dopey:

Hopefully for your next event I won't be doing any thing and I can at least take a road trip somewhere and check out your car. Granted the Blazer won't be allowed on a track but hey I'd still like to see that car.

BlazinXtreme
Hopefully for your next event I won't be doing any thing and I can at least take a road trip somewhere and check out your car. Granted the Blazer won't be allowed on a track but hey I'd still like to see that car.
You could bring the Blazer out there if you wanted right onto the track if you wanted. You would easily get at least 2 hours of race time total. Thats more than enough to destroy your body from G forces. :dopey:
The first event this year in April is even going to allow passengers!!!!! You can bring any car out there you want. Thats why there are different classes. Last year I was in the fastest class and I was one of the top fastest 3 cars out of 30.
I have new parts in boxes laying around to upgrade the Camaro for the coming year.
Hydraboost set up is one of them. :dopey: :dopey: Thats where you run your power steering unit to the master cylinder and completely get rid of your brake booster. Yes I am also converting to power steering. :dopey:
I already installed my racing fuel cell during too.

Hmmmm....let me know then when this is all going to happen and maybe I'll be able to come out and test the Blazer's cornering ability. Or I'll get my buddy and we'll bring his S4 out.

BlazinXtreme
Hmmmm....let me know then when this is all going to happen and maybe I'll be able to come out and test the Blazer's cornering ability. Or I'll get my buddy and we'll bring his S4 out.
Ok when I know all the details I will make a new post to mabey pull in some other GTP members. It will be a completely free event for visitors that are just watching the event. It is even free for the passengers that can ride with you on the track. :) There will be at least 2 events mabey 3. The first event (APRIL)will even have bikes and carts out there. The 2nd event will be mainly cars. The 2nd event is the one I attended last year and it was the best automotive experience I have ever experienced. Thats saying a lot since I attend Woodward and the power tour. Even if you drove the Blazer on the track and took it easy you would still get to have an experience that not many people can. REAL LIFE TRACK TIME!! Believe me all your Forza and GT4 gaming time helps a lot on the track.

Hey Camaro, have you been up to Grand Rapids to race at Grattan yet? I havent had a chance to run a car out there but I used to race my bike out there on wednesdays during their big summer challenge series.

Car and Driver has been doing a lot of testing up here, and the SCCA does pay a visit twice a year for some of their races...

Ive herd of Gingerman, but Ive never been down to race or see a race.

Anyway, thought I would give a heads up for a good local track...

YSSMAN
Hey Camaro, have you been up to Grand Rapids to race at Grattan yet? I havent had a chance to run a car out there but I used to race my bike out there on wednesdays during their big summer challenge series.

Car and Driver has been doing a lot of testing up here, and the SCCA does pay a visit twice a year for some of their races...

Ive herd of Gingerman, but Ive never been down to race or see a race.

Anyway, thought I would give a heads up for a good local track...
YSSMAN,
Yes I raced at Gratton about 4-5 years ago in my 1996 Firebird Formula(V8-6 speed). It is a really really cool track with hills banks everything. However, it is expensive and we only had half the track and I only got about 8-10 minutes of track time out of an entire 8 hour day. That was a huge disappointment but at least I had a little taste. Very little.
With Gingerman you get at least 2 HOURS of track time which from personal experience is way more than enough. You usually get to run in 20 minute groups and you can go as fast as you want and do as many laps in that 20 minute time. Then the groups keep circulating. Usually 4 or 5 groups. I actually left early last year because I was so physically exhausted from driving soo much. Thats how awesome it is!!! I went out every time my group A came out. Not many people can handle an entire day on a real track. I was just happy the Camaro survived all the abuse. I took it somewhat easy and granny shifted at 5,000rpm all day. I drove it an hour and a half to get to the track, beat it up, then drove it all the way home. :) :)

Back