My 69 Camaro Pro-Touring build. Updated 9/30/14

Wait i'm confused. Are they going to be clear lights or is it just a clear brake light covers? :confused:

RO_JA
Wait i'm confused. Are they going to be clear lights or is it just a clear brake light covers? :confused:
The lense material is clear. The housing is billet aluminum. The LED lights are clear until turned on then they become red. Look at my avatar or my old site and you can see my clear tail lights.
I also want to clearify that my exhaust set up is more like a Lamborghini Murcielago than a Viper. So from now on I will not say viper style exhaust set up. 👍
The viper exhaust goes under the back. The Lamborghini Murcielago goes thru the center of the back.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok. I get it now. :)

I've heard those lights wear out faster. So you're going to have the pipes come out in the back in the center?

First time you came here when I saw your avatar it looked like your camaro was still in the primer stage. :lol: :guilty:

RO_JA
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok. I get it now. :)

I've heard those lights wear out faster. So you're going to have the pipes come out in the back in the center?
Yeah actually they are already out the center. I am pretty much done for the most part. Do a quick google search on Lamborghini Murcielago and look at the exhaust. Thats exactly how I have mine.

damn bro i didnt know you did the license plate like that, it looks sweet 👍

i pictured the tail lights different but they look good ;)

cant wait to see the split bumper and exhaust, is the rear bumper similar to the front bumper on a 70 camaro ???

DRIFT GOD
damn bro i didnt know you did the license plate like that, it looks sweet 👍

i pictured the tail lights different but they look good ;)

cant wait to see the split bumper and exhaust, is the rear bumper similar to the front bumper on a 70 camaro ???
Thanks a lot bro!! I worked on the exhaust last night and I was extremely happy with how the exhaust turned out. I made 6 pieces to go up and over the rear alxle to the exhaust tips last night. Turned out perfect!!!!! It is all tach welded together and just needs to be the final welds. If you want a rough idea how it looks do a search on a Lamborghini Murcielago and look at the rear exhaust tips. My exhaust is set up almost exactly like that. :)

The tail lights arent finished but that is a preview of them.

As for the rear bumper you are right it is similar to a 70 Camaro front split bumper but mine comes in a little more in case of a rear impact. The picture above does not have the rear bumper bolted up yet. Thanks for the feedback. 👍

Oh how I envy you. A beautiful beast of a 69 Camaro. Looking forward to seeing some more pics, I wanna see how this exhaust system turns out....

... and also, how is your gf's Mustang going? is that still getting the fixer-up treatment?

sting
Oh how I envy you. A beautiful beast of a 69 Camaro. Looking forward to seeing some more pics, I wanna see how this exhaust system turns out....

... and also, how is your gf's Mustang going? is that still getting the fixer-up treatment?
Thank you for the compliment. Hopefully by next week I will be posting pics of the entire Murcielago exhaust set up and the split bumper.
We work on my girlfriends car on occasion. That one is just getting basically restored to original then we will sell it. We found some more rust which was discouraging when we replaced the front passenger fender.
Most of my time is on the Camaro right now because I have another race event coming up in April and I have a lot to do to get it ready. I will be taking passengers this year so I am trying to make sure the car is as comfortable and safe as possible. 👍
EDIT: I am also trying to get ready to paint it this year.

and have you had any thoughts on the paint job yet? Are you going to go with what seems quite popular on old Camaro's the twin white stripe setup, or just one whole colour?

sting
and have you had any thoughts on the paint job yet? Are you going to go with what seems quite popular on old Camaro's the twin white stripe setup, or just one whole colour?
I am keeping the paint job confidential. Its no where even close to any original 69 Camaro. The only thing I will say is that it will have some 2006 Viper SRT10 Silver in it. :sly:

CAMAROBOY69
I am keeping the paint job confidential. Its no where even close to any original 69 Camaro. The only thing I will say is that it will have some 2006 Viper SRT10 Silver in it. :sly:

drool57li.gif
Sound good to me. :D

VIPFREAK
drool57li.gif
Sound good to me. :D

Agreed..... Viper silver. Awww man I wanna know, shame your gf isnt a member, I'd ask her if she knew. :dunce:

Whewwwww heww!!! What a great night! Not only did I get the exhaust all welded up, I GOT A VIDEO AFTER I STARTED IT!!!!!! I was shocked how well it sounded. Very unique sound since its side by side.
Its mainly just an audio clip of it at idle then a couple 4,000rpm revs. Sounds wayyy better in person!! :) :)

Last edited:
CAMAROBOY69
Whewwwww heww!!! What a great night! Not only did I get the exhaust all welded up, I GOT A VIDEO AFTER I STARTED IT!!!!!! I was shocked how well it sounded. Very unique sound since its side by side.
Its mainly just an audio clip of it at idle then a couple 4,000rpm revs. Sounds wayyy better in person!! :) :)
Video of the exhaust sound!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: 👍 👍 :dopey: :dopey: :bowdown: :bowdown:

OK now I need details of where you live, passwords to any alarms guarding the car and where you keep the keys, because just based on sound I want that car!
Camaro sound t3h s3x!

THanks guys those are awesome compliments!! :) :) :dopey: :dopey: I cant wait to drive it down the road with this new exhaust set up. Should sound really good. Always sounds better when you drive them instead of just sitting in a garage at idle. :) If I get the rear split bumpers all bolted up this weekend I will post pics. I have one of them welded exactly how I want it. The next pics and videos will be with the entire rear end finished and primered. :sly:

Awww damnit, I bet you'll post those pics when I'm working. (i work weekends, yeah sucks I know.) So I'll be at work, restacking beer and wine and thinking, hmmm wonder that CB's Camaro is looking like now. (While also daydreaming what I would do if I owned your car. lol)

Can't wait for the pics CB!

Thanks a lot guys. :) The positive feedback from girlfriend and all of you is what gets me back out into the garage and keeps me motivated. Believe it or not, all I think about while I am out there is "I gotta get this part done so I can show Heather and everyone else. If no one ever cared then it just wouldnt be rewarding at all. 👍

UPDATE TIME!!!
HERE IS MY EXHAUST LIKE A LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO
It was a perfect weekend. Sun out and 55degrees!! Had to take some more pics for everyone. I finally got to drive the Camaro for the first time with the new exhaust set up. Sounds perfect and actually has a very unique tone since the tail pipes are soooo close together out the center!!! Drove around the beach with Heather for about an hour and a half just cruising. Had to fry the tires a few times of course. :D
I still have to bolt up my aluminum QA1 shocks and several other goodies. The engine is now painted all silver too. Engine looks much better but still not nice enough to post pics of.
Here are the pics of my lamborghini exhaust set up. I split the rear bumper into to and primered it to match the car. I also raised the license plate about 6" and frenched in the license plate.

There are also more videos in the first post.

Video of the completed exhaust sound out the back!

Holy crap dude, that exhaust is sexy and the exhaust note is drool worthy. In fact, I recorded the idle and revving onto my cellphone.

I'm unique now in that my ringtone is a Camaro idling and revving. lol

Holy crap thanks a lot for all the positive feedback everyone!!! These replies make all the hard work really pay off. :) :) :D :embarrassed: :dopey:

Here is the recent progress on my car for the April 14th 2006 race event.

Must do list
1. Finish running exhaust out the back like a Lamborghini Murcielago ---DONE
also split the bumper and move the license plate up. ---DONE
2. Install Hydraboost and run all lines to Power steering set up
3. Install power steering gear box.--PARTS ARRIVE TOMORROW
4. Install power steering pump onto engine including brackets and belts--PARTS ARRIVE TOMORROW
5. QA1 shocks in the rear---ALMOST DONE
6. DC Controller----ALMOST DONE
7. Fire extinguisher set up inside
8. Finish welding brackets for fuel cell-----DONE
9. Driveshaft Loop-----DONE
Want to do list
10. Sub Frame connectors
11. Flush and replace the T56 6 speed tranny fluid
12. Paint engine-----DONE
13. Paint exhaust----DONE
14. Primer front bumper to match car

I want another interior race day vid. I wanna hear that exhaust from the inside... do you notice any difference between this and the last exhaust from inside the car?

CAMAROBOY69
Holy crap thanks a lot for all the positive feedback everyone!!! These replies make all the hard work really pay off. :) :) :D :embarrassed: :dopey:

Here is the recent progress on my car for the April 14th 2006 race event.

Must do list
1. Finish running exhaust out the back like a Lamborghini Murcielago ---DONE
also split the bumper and move the license plate up. ---DONE
2. Install Hydraboost and run all lines to Power steering set up
3. Install power steering gear box.--PARTS ARRIVE TOMORROW
4. Install power steering pump onto engine including brackets and belts--PARTS ARRIVE TOMORROW
5. QA1 shocks in the rear---ALMOST DONE
6. DC Controller----ALMOST DONE
7. Fire extinguisher set up inside
8. Finish welding brackets for fuel cell-----DONE
9. Driveshaft Loop-----DONE
Want to do list
10. Sub Frame connectors
11. Flush and replace the T56 6 speed tranny fluid
12. Paint engine-----DONE
13. Paint exhaust----DONE
14. Primer front bumper to match car
15. Paint car midnight black w/crazy flames on the hood and front 1/4's

:cool:

Sting
I want another interior race day vid. I wanna hear that exhaust from the inside... do you notice any difference between this and the last exhaust from inside the car?
I will have the tripod set up on the next event again. The hard part will be that I will have passengers this time so the camcorder will be hard to mount in the car because of the rear view mirror.
Oh yeah big difference in the exhaust sound from the inside. Now I can actually hear myself think with the new exhaust set up. However it is still really loud outside the car. Which is exactly what I wanted. Just a LOT quieter inside. Less fumes too. I will get videos fairly soon of a walk around the car and exhaust outside the car. ALso exhaust from inside the car while I am driving.
Oh if you still want the old loud interior videos they are in the first post. :)

Back