My 69 Camaro Pro-Touring build. Updated 9/30/14

Encyclopedia
I like the way your Camaro sounds, Camaroboy. :drool: 👍
Thanks bro. I am going to change the exhaust again and hopefully make it louder and sound even better. I have 2 different exhaust designs in mind.

xXSilencerXx
Dude your camaro is such a kick ass car. 👍 Do you plan to paint it or are you gunna leave it that primer gray colaor.
Thanks bro. Yeah I plan to paint it eventually. Hopefully this year and my girlfriends 67 Mustang.
I tend to spend more time and money on performance than I do to make it look good. I still have a couple other items to mock up then I will paint it. I already have some of the paint at home. After I complete the exhaust I will be very close to paint. My exhaust will run straight out the back like a viper. Again I appreciate the positive feedback. :dopey:

I find it sounds a lot like the Camaro in GT4, only a lot richer of course! :D

I bet it would sound orgasmic with sidepipes. 👍

CAMAROBOY69
Thanks bro. Yeah I plan to paint it eventually. Hopefully this year and my girlfriends 67 Mustang.
I tend to spend more time and money on performance than I do to make it look good. I still have a couple other items to mock up then I will paint it. I already have some of the paint at home. After I complete the exhaust I will be very close to paint. My exhaust will run straight out the back like a viper. Again I appreciate the positive feedback. :dopey:

Nice. It looks awsome without paint right now. What color you think your gunna paint it. It makes sense to do the performance first. Who wants a fast looking slow car. I'll take the fast but sleeper lookin cars anyday. That exhaust sounds sweet as it is I can't imagine how wicked it'll sound with straight pipes.

Edit: Went back found the color you chose. Nice choice.

Side pipes. I had side pipes on my 73 Cutlass with a 455 engine. Wayy too loud! :lol:
I was actually going to run chambered exhaust on my Camaro but I think it would be wayy to loud. Since chambered exhaust is straight thru it would have also caused my car to backfire which is not what I want. Backfire in a game is cool but not in real life when your slowing down from 6,000rpm entering a corner then POW. Not cool.

I guess its time to get a list started of everything I need to do before the event this April. This list will help motivate me.
Must do list
1. Finish running exhaust out the back side by side like a viper. This means split the bumper and move the license plate up. I started this last night.
2. Install Hydraboost and run all lines to Power steering set up
3. Install power steering gear box.
4. Install power steering pump onto engine including brackets and belts
5. QA1 shocks in the rear
6. DC Controller
7. Fire extinguisher set up inside
8. Finish welding brackets for fuel cell
9. Driveshaft Loop
Want to do list
10. Sub Frame connectors
11. I will update as I remember
12. Flush and replace the T56 6 speed tranny fluid

Damn you got quite a list I must say. I know I got some stuff I want to do as well...errr better yet I need to do. I need new front shocks and I want to upgrade the sway bars. Also drop a Corvette C6 steering box into the truck.

Any word on the date in April for the track day?

BlazinXtreme
Damn you got quite a list I must say. I know I got some stuff I want to do as well...errr better yet I need to do. I need new front shocks and I want to upgrade the sway bars. Also drop a Corvette C6 steering box into the truck.

Any word on the date in April for the track day?
The date is Friday April 14th
Yeah its a healthy list but I will easily get it done. I will work on the car mabey 3 or 4 hours a week and still get it all done in time. I will probably work on the car every thursday after work.
I made a wire template of how I want my exhaust bent last night. I am getting the 3" tail pipes bent at lunch and buying the exhaust tips. Then I can take the tail pipes home and weld them onto the car and make exhaust hangers. I split the bumper and cut the back of the camaro out last night to make room for the Viper style exhaust set up.
I also measured my shock distance so I can order my QA1 shocks today.
I bet your Blazer would do quite well on the corners.
Anything can attend. Bikes, carts, trucks..... It will be broken up into different classes.

Well since I'm in college now I'll just hope I don't have exams that day. I know my semster ends around that time, but if I don't have exams I think I'll be able to play hooky from my classes for a day. I might end up racing, I don't know I'll have to see how the trucks fairing closer to the date. But coming to watch would be cool to.

And hey when you get the exhaust on we are going to need a sound clipe or something. I bet it's going to sound b!tchin.

If I havent mentioned yet, you can have passengers. They just need helmets.
Here are the different groups. The other Gingerman event this year will have a different group set up.
1. novice and/or street
2. expert and/or race prepped
3. karts and bikes
4. full race (mostly open wheel and sports racers like spec racer ford).
This group set up is totally different than the one I went to last year. It all works out real well though once your there.

TwinTurboJay
Hey, another track day April 14th huh....whats the price at this year?
Its free if you just come to watch or if you ride as a passenger.
The price will be around $100.00 for the vehicle to enter the track and you get all day long as many runs as you can handle. The more people that attend the cheaper it usually becomes.
$100 an a raceway for an entire day is impossible to beat.

TwinTurboJay
Same track as last year ?

*seriously debating coming this year*
yup same track. :) Im just so happy I can take passengers at this one. Hopefully my car can handle the abuse this year.

For those that havent seen my videos from last years event, they are in the first post and they are a direct link. Enjoy :)

I would like to bring my Stock '01 Sentra SE...what kind of comp. showed up last year that would in that kind of catagory ? ( if you can remember )

TwinTurboJay
I would like to bring my Stock '01 Sentra SE...what kind of comp. showed up last year that would in that kind of catagory ? ( if you can remember )
This event is different than the one I attended last year. There are 2 events this year. The first one is april which goes by groups. The 2nd event later in the year will have the Class set up.
My guess for this event would be that you will be in the 1. novice and/or street group.
The event I went to last year had Class categories. Class A, Class B. Class C, and Class D. D was beginners. A was the fastest cars. I was in A if you were ther you would have been in D.
Concluding answer
-This event you will be in group 1. novice and/or street group
-Other even coming up you will be in class D
You and Blazin would be in the same class since you are beginners. :)

I've never raced before, whats required on that track ? Helmet ? Suit ?

( sorry to be hounding you, but when I put forth a presentation to the missus, I will need the facts !)

TwinTurboJay
I've never raced before, whats required on that track ? Helmet ? Suit ?

( sorry to be hounding you, but when I put forth a presentation to the missus, I will need the facts !)
You only need a Snell 95 or newer helmet. It will have a sticker that sais Snell on it. I used my girlfriends Quad helmet last year. It was tight but it fit. They dont physically check your helmet so almost any helmet will do.
The cool part is that there is no car inspection. You drive right onto the track. If they notice anything that could cause harm then you will be flagged off and have to repair the problem.
The questions are no problem at all.

Its the most fun I have ever had with my car. Thats even including going on the Power Tour, going to Woodward, drag racing, or attending every car show around,plus the car parades I go to. Out of all of that, this is the best event. :)
The other cool part is you dont have to totally abuse your car. You can go at any speed you want and take your time. If you cant make it to this one the next one coming up will be really really good. The one in the middle of the year will have mainly cars.
How long of a drive will that be for you from Canada?

Update time. 1/24/05
1. I have been working on the Viper exhaust on and off a few hours here a few hours there (about 6 hours total). The main mock up design design is finished and the back of the car is all cut and welded for the 3" exhaust. I will be working on this some more and make the licence plate holders tonight. Very happy with the results so far.
2. My QA1 aluminum rear shocks just arrived. 12 way adjustable so I should be able to dial the rear end in with no problem. They were a little pricey but hopefully will be worth it. Just need to bolt these up after I get done welding my exhaust. Dont want welding sparks flying on the pretty aluminum shocks.
3. Drive shaft loop arrived and I just need to bolt it up.
4. After all of this, I will be installing the DC Controller then the Hydraboost from Hydratech.

toyomatt84
I still love that car. You really did a nice job with it. 👍
Thank you. 👍 I am not even half way done with the car. Lonnnng ways to go.
Right now the relocation of the license plate is frustrating me but I will get it figured out. I love the look of the exhaust like a VIper straight thru the bottom center of the car. :drool:
I will eventually post pics but it will be a while.

I dont think anyone on this site has seen this yet. :sly:
I used a "Frenched license plate box" to recess the license plate into the car about an inch for a really unique look.
Here is a sneak peak of my LED clear tail lights and my LED license plate.
I had to relocate the license plate up 6" to run my exhaust thru the lower part of the car like a Viper. I also split the rear bumper into 2.

Last edited:
Cool, looking forward to seeing more pictures. I can barely make out the exhaust cutout in that picture.

When you said you had LED tails I thougth you meant there was like 2 strips of LED's on each side, that would look pretty sick too. But dont get me wrong those still look good.

What kind of exhaust tips you going for? Im picturing some that would weld onto the pipes but then taper up to be a little larger at the exit with a slant cut, chrome of course. I dont know if I described that well enough.

BX
Looking good 👍
t/y I almost didnt recognize your name Blazin er I mean BX.

194GVan
Cool, looking forward to seeing more pictures. I can barely make out the exhaust cutout in that picture.

When you said you had LED tails I thougth you meant there was like 2 strips of LED's on each side, that would look pretty sick too. But dont get me wrong those still look good.

What kind of exhaust tips you going for? Im picturing some that would weld onto the pipes but then taper up to be a little larger at the exit with a slant cut, chrome of course. I dont know if I described that well enough.
T/y
Eventually I will have more LED lights in there but this is just a current pic.
As for the exhaust tips you pretty much nailed exactly what they look like. Chrome tips side by side about a 1/2" apart straight thru the rear of the car like a Lamborghini. I shouldnt even say viper any more because the rear really is more like Lamborghini at this point. 👍
Hopefully some time in the next couple weeks I can get some videos. I have pics already but I am waiting until I finish the rear bumpers before I show anyone on this site.

Back