• 555 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
sixlogo1ah2.gif

It's about time we start to organise the next of our biannual GT meetings... So...

The Venue: Newark-on-Trent
The Date: October 28th-29th
The Attendees: Yet to be confirmed - stick your name down below.

Likelies:
Famine
- Confirmed!
Ashley. - Confirmed!
daan - Confirmed!
donbenni - Confirmed!
EXelero - Confirmed!
pimpin_t
Race Idiot
Roo - Confirmed!
Specialized - Confirmed!
TheCracker - Confirmed!
Touring Mars - Confirmed!
vexd - Confirmed!

Possiblies:

Unlikelies:

live4speed

Impossiblies:
βen
ExigeExcel
G.T
Jondot
Scaff
Smallhorses
TVR&FerrariFan

Equipment Still Required
Extra networked PS2s
Extra GT4s
Extra TVs
Extra DFP
Extra DS2s
Extra 4-gang power socket/extensions

Equipment Confirmed
10x GT4 (Famine, daan, Specialized x2, TheCracker, Roo, donbenni, Touring Mars x2, vexd)
1x switch (Famine)
Network cables a-go-go (Famine)
1x DVD Recorder - for "evidence" (Famine)
1x Data projector (Famine)
6x TV (Famine x2, Ashley., daan, Roo, vexd, TheCracker, EXelero)
7x networked PS2s (Famine, daan, Specialized, Roo, Touring Mars, vexd, EXelero)
6x DFPs (Famine, daan, Specialized, TheCracker, Touring Mars, vexd)
12x DS2s (Famine x2, daan, Specialized x2, TheCracker, Roo, donbenni x2, Touring Mars x2, vexd)
9x 4-gang power extensions (Famine x4, Specialized x2, donbenni, Touring Mars, vexd)
1x Richard Whiteley PunMaster2000™ (Touring Mars)

Stick your equipment in your post. I'd advise bringing headphones too - they're really very useful (especially when some nutter brings along some 100db/W speakers)

Also, you'll need to bring a clean memory card. I will (probably) bring along me laptop and MaxDrive (I thought I'd forgotten it last time, but it turned out I hadn't) if anyone needs any cleanage first.

Ok then! While everything is so indefinite, :P I'll add a little certainty and say that I (barring a miracle regarding lottery winnings and time-travel) won't be able to make this one. :(
Have fun and take loads of pics & video clips to make me insanely jealous! :D

Stick me on the Unlikely list.

Parents did say they'd try to get me to the next one, but: 1. We usually don't get around to things, and 2. We are unexpectedly busy at the moment. We'll have to see what the plans are when the time comes a bit closer.

Btw, it's my 16th Birthday on the 15th. :D Expect that to be a likely date if we go ahead.

Stick me down as a likely. Oh, I have already! I believe I can make it on any of those dates.

Newark isn't too far for me to drive, probably about three hours. How long does it last for? Is it an overnight or weekend thing?

I can make it IF: A) I can get hold of some money by then to get me up there. or B) If someone can pick me up on the way in Wycombe.

PS2, DFP all accounted for (Fat ps2 mind you) and i can get hold of GT4 easily.

Newark isn't too far for me to drive, probably about three hours. How long does it last for? Is it an overnight or weekend thing?
Its a 2 day thing. Usually start at 10am on the Saturday and finish whenever (it was about 10pm last time, then we headed to a pub). And again on the Sunday 10am to whenever...

Its a 2 day thing. Usually start at 10am on the Saturday and finish whenever (it was about 10pm last time, then we headed to a pub). And again on the Sunday 10am to whenever...

I think I could probably manage the Saturday and maybe half the Sunday. I would probably have to leave on the Sunday at about 6 so I've got time to get back.

Hey guys, I could come, I have a wicked plan.

I say I'm sleeping at a friends house for his birthday (I acctully go to Bath or Bristol city centre).

I get picked up by a stranger who is also going to GTParty 6.

:)

Anyone live near Bristol/Bath?

Stick me in the unlikelies, I might not be working weekends by then, but that's not definite. I'd love to make it to one of these but sometimes I don't know my schedule until a couple of weeks before or less.

Hey guys, I could come, I have a wicked plan.

I say I'm sleeping at a friends house for his birthday (I acctully go to Bath or Bristol city centre).

:)

Anyone live near Bristol/Bath?

I can't think of many people willing to pick up a 14 year old and drive him 8 counties away without their parents' knowledge...

Well I can, but they're mainly in prison.

TVRFF - It's a 6 monthly thing. May and October since the start of 2004...

pimpin_t - Less. It takes me about 2 hours. All you have to do is get to the A1.

Yeah which makes it an abduction should anyone actually pick you up.

A great plan, until your parents call said "friend" and get told by "friend's" parents, "George? No, he's not here."

2 things could now happen

A: Your parents panic and a nationwide search is launched. UKGTP 6 makes the 10 o'clock news as we all get arrested and put in jail on paedophile charges.

or

B: Your parents celebrate...

A: Your parents panic and a nationwide search search is launched. UKGTP 6 makes the 10 o'clock news as we all get arrested and put in jail on paedophile charges.

And with my restraining order, that won't go down too well.

Alternatively. You could always fake your own death. Maybe on the Tuesday, go out to the beach and swim far down the coast and hide out for a while. By Friday your parents will think you're dead, then someone can pick you up, then return you to the place you were picked up from.

On the Monday, swim back towards the beach you left, and tell the police that all you can remember from the last 6 days is some bright light, large gray cylinder and short things in coats. Sell your story to the media.

Is only everything was done the Casio way....

I can make it IF: A) I can get hold of some money by then to get me up there. or B) If someone can pick me up on the way in Wycombe.

PS2, DFP all accounted for (Fat ps2 mind you) and i can get hold of GT4 easily.

Bring the lady. I promise not to pull her while you're racing.

Okay, I promise I'll try not to.

Ahh, hell, bring her anyway.

I'd definitely be interested, however October may be problematic for me since I am planning to move flat (my contract expires on 21st October) and hence I want to keep the weekends prior to this date free incase I need to move.... However, the last weekend in October would be OK for me 👍

pimpin_t - Less. It takes me about 2 hours. All you have to do is get to the A1.

I just stuck it in the AA route master. I thought it would be a bit quicker than three hours. Where abouts are you in Essex?

I'm not - but I often pass between South Yorkshire and Chelmsford. Once I'm onto the A1 it rarely takes more than a pair of hours - and Newark is about 45 minutes shy of Sheffield.

Back